PDA

View Full Version : GC: I Need Help Getting Online.

Akito
May 21, 2003, 08:22 AM
I have AOL and want to get online with pso for gc. Can someone help me. In a magazine i have it says you can get a free isp for pso. If i go online without using my Aol isp and one from sega is it pay per minute or is it just the hunters lisence fee. Someone Help Me.

Kildin
May 21, 2003, 08:26 AM
I heard you can't play online with AOL

Akito
May 21, 2003, 08:28 AM
You cant thats why im asking if there is a way of going online with pso without changing my isp.(for Gamecube.)

Kildin
May 21, 2003, 08:32 AM
Ack ok sorry...

sorry can't help more

Atax
May 21, 2003, 08:51 AM
GCN/PSO can't be used with ISPs which require special login clients (such as AOL).

Akito
May 21, 2003, 08:56 AM
ARGH. I KNOW THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THATS WHY IM ASKING IF THERES A WAY OF GETTING ONLINE BY USING A DIFFERENT ISP PROVIDED BY SEGA. I want a way to get online without using aol. but i dont want to change my provider so is there a laternate way of getting online.

Atax
May 21, 2003, 09:07 AM
Ahh, I get ya now. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Nup, Sega doesn't have a ISP. If you want to use PSO online, you'll need to switch to a ISP that uses normal login.

Akito
May 21, 2003, 09:18 AM
fair enough and if the person below is you we would make the perfect couple. Lol my force is all red with a foie merge like you http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Benoit
May 21, 2003, 09:33 AM
I'm still not very sure if an ISP has to do something special so you can get online with a game, but I have a possible solution.

I don't know if this works with a Modem Adapter, but you could try to share your Internet connection through your PC. You'll need a RJ 45 Crossover cable(BroadBand) or a normal phone line(Modem Adapter) to connect your GameCube and PC together. The easiest way to connect it to your PC is using a cheap Ethernet card. Then you get yourself WinRoute and share the connection with that.

If anyone can answer my question in the first paragraph, give me a ring and I'll provide more details on how to do the sharing.