PDA

View Full Version : GC: StarWars RogueSquadron3

Frozt
May 21, 2003, 11:13 AM
About a week ago I was in our local game store when I decided to just go ahead and by starwars rogueS.

When one of my friends came up to me and said dont get it wait till number 3 comes out,he said it would have the 1st Rogueleader game all packed into the 3rd one with including 2 player co-op mode, plus land missions.
I seen some screen shots of the game and some movies and it looks sweet but Im not quite sure on the release date but I wanted to know what other people have heard about this game and if you have what you think?

Kasera
May 21, 2003, 01:07 PM
Nice rant.

Kid_Icarus
May 21, 2003, 01:55 PM
On 2003-05-21 09:13, Frozt wrote:
About a week ago I was in our local game store when I decided to just go ahead and by starwars rogueS.

When one of my friends came up to me and said dont get it wait till number 3 comes out,he said it would have the 1st Rogueleader game all packed into the 3rd one with including 2 player co-op mode, plus land missions.
I seen some screen shots of the game and some movies and it looks sweet but Im not quite sure on the release date but I wanted to know what other people have heard about this game and if you have what you think?

I bought the original Rouge Squadron as my first Gamecube game, and while I wasn't disappointed, they are packing in the GC Rouge Squadron in with this new one, so unless you're really jonesing, I'd just wait and save some money in the process.

Robomonke
May 21, 2003, 03:25 PM
Rouge 3 looks to be quite a game. The developers of an ill-fated (but incredibly cool looking) shooter name Thornado (thornado was eventually cancelled http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif) developed an engine for the game with incredible ability to recreate characters. While Thornado was canned they implemented the engine into rouge leader. The result: gooey gooey sweetness. The Non-vehicle missions will have amazing characters and life-like movements.

Also there is supposed to be 16x more eye candy/detail in the game. Along with new areas,ships, musical score, graphics, chracters, and the entire original rouge leader (for GC) WITH multiplayer co-op missions, I'd say this is definitly a game worth waiting for.

(In short, it's gonna rock http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)
I'd say rouge leader seems

Nidarrock
May 22, 2003, 09:47 AM
Rebel Strike will be amazing. If you have not seen the video at lucasarts then I suggest you take a look. They have some great lip syncing(Bungie...take notes) and charater animation. Also you get to choose to play as Wedge OR Luke. Damn I can't wait and like I said before it's a good year to be a Star Wars gamer. KotOR, Jedi Acedemy, Rebel Strike, CW(sub-par but still fun) & Galaxies.

About Rouge Leader being in RS, I read that Rouge Leader is only playable in co-op in RS. SO if you want the original for single player. Get it!! I still play that thing. It's great!