PDA

View Full Version : XBOX: Ep2 OWNAGE

llEXll_FatDump
May 21, 2003, 11:35 AM
i just played ep2 all the way through lastnight for the first time. We played a Very Hard game from start to finish. I have to say Ep 2 is the best freakin thing ever! Graphics are INSANE. anyways. props to sega. best FPS graphics i've seen to date in that damn jungle/mt/beach.

bunnysama
May 21, 2003, 11:52 AM
very cool

eps 2 is my favorite too
feels more like a adventure than just running from room to room smaxking monsters

too bad all the items I want are found in eps 1 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Malkavian
May 21, 2003, 12:25 PM
Yeah Sonic Team realized ep2 areas were better and nicer and balanced it putting better items in episode 1... maybe they put too much difference... Play ep2 is more for the fun than for the items.

SubstanceD
May 21, 2003, 01:22 PM
I can't say that I was all that impressed with episode 2, don't get me wrong, the Jungle/Mountain/Seaside levels feature amazing scenary and they are also alot of fun to play on but VR. Temple and VR. Spaceship aren't special at all and I don't see what the big deal about Seabed, it looked alot like the Ruins to me, very bland. My biggest complaint about episode 2 is that Jungle/Mountain/seaside wern't longer or turned into whole entire levels instead of one entire level split up into tiny sub sections. It also would not have hurt if there were more levels but I guess they had to save somthing for future installmenst in the series.

Van_Saar
May 21, 2003, 02:56 PM
On 2003-05-21 09:35, llEXll_FatDump wrote:
best FPS graphics i've seen to date

What do you mean FPS? FPS means First person shooter or frames per second. I'm just wondering, 'cause it doesn't sound right.

I also like Ep. II, but I haven't beaten Olga Flow on Normal mode, for some reason. I'm only Lv. 34, so I should get round to it. Also, the Gol Dragon was sweet. I liked the stage a lot.

HaLLa
May 21, 2003, 03:05 PM
Ep 2 is so much better as in funner.

Ep 1 is better for exp and items more less.

BUt 2 is funner to play just to play.

GuerillaPimp
May 21, 2003, 10:02 PM
Episode 2, to me just feels a little tacked on. The temple is basically an update from v2 on DC. The space ship and seabed are the only stages that"feel" like PSO. There are no exclusive rare enemies, like gibbons, gees, and merillas and such. There also should be some new rares that can only be found in Episode 2. And more importantly, how about some damn quests??? Gallon's shop was hardly a quest before (GC), and it damn sure aint a quest now (xbox). Episode 4 better be top notch or a lot of people may just take their online RPGing somewhere else

edit: forgot a whole sentence!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GuerillaPimp on 2003-05-22 09:24 ]</font>

rena-ko
May 22, 2003, 04:26 AM
hm, i have to say i really like spaceship - once its the music but i turn music off lately - ah yes its because i want to find an electro frame http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

hm... i think if they had extended jungle, mountain and beach to entire areas, ep2 would be way larger than ep1 and the whole game would be kinda out of ballance.
(but yeah, no ep2 quests is unballancing it already)

and for coming episodes... ep3 is only for cube and there wont be any episode after that according to latest news that 'ep3 will be the last episode'.

i for myself hope for a whole new pso after that - new from scratch - with new engine, on only one console, with 2 dozens of areas to explore and no stupid parting into ep1 and 2 - with lots of quests - with all side games (different challenge modes) - including that card battle as a mode.
maybe not next yeah, maybe with the next console generation, but i hope for it.

edit: hm, i got way off topic, sorry...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2003-05-22 02:26 ]</font>