PDA

View Full Version : Is PSO on Xbox as populated as the GC version?

Nintendo
May 21, 2003, 12:28 PM
I used to have the GC version with 56k, then I got DSL and couldn't get it to work. So I sold all of my PSO stuff. Now, I'm thinking about getting an Xbox along with PSO. So I was just wondering if PSOX is as populated as the GC version online...

Frozt
May 21, 2003, 12:35 PM
I doubt it Im not saying it couldent but its been out on Cube longer and people are just now buying it on Xbox so I dont think it is but I think its about to blow up and Xbox is going to get populated but as of right I now I think cube still has bigger population plus I dont know or not but I dont think the Japanese or Europe ships have been added to the box.

LollipopLolita
May 21, 2003, 12:52 PM
On 2003-05-21 10:35, Frozt wrote:
I dont know or not but I dont think the Japanese or Europe ships have been added to the box.

Jp and Us ships are separated

Sedyne
May 21, 2003, 01:36 PM
US Xbox ships seems to have 2x more users than GameCube US ships. I was amazed actually that it seems there are many more Xbox US players than US GC players. ;3

I own both versions and just logged on to one then the other to make sure i wasn't kidding myself ;3 i bet its the opposite in japan though

also Xbox doesn't have bette graphics, but better reslution...and the loading time is noticeably faster on xbox...sorry pal

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SeanX930 on 2003-05-21 11:38 ]</font>

RuneScapeMan
May 21, 2003, 01:36 PM
Hmm...
Well I think the GC verson is better, cuz you don't need to pay for playing offline...
But xbox sure is just as popular, and I never seen it but I doubt that psox has some better graphics and less loading ><

ancutcho
May 21, 2003, 02:48 PM
On 2003-05-21 11:36, RuneScapeMan wrote:
Hmm...
Well I think the GC verson is better, cuz you don't need to pay for playing offline...
But xbox sure is just as popular, and I never seen it but I doubt that psox has some better graphics and less loading ><

i dont really see much of a difference in graphics but the load time is 20 times faster than gc. sometime u dont even notice someone joining in cause it doesnt pause the game like the gamecube does.

primer567
May 21, 2003, 03:42 PM
Hmm...

They call it Phantasy Star Online because offline sucks. I dont see the point in buying this game just for offline.

tehkao
May 21, 2003, 04:11 PM

what the hell you're talking about? You mean the GC PSO is free? Last I checked it cost $50, more than the XBox version.

Jack
May 21, 2003, 04:46 PM
What he means is that you don't HAVE to have Xbox Live installed on the GC version (Obviously) to run it offline. With the Xbox version, you HAVE to have Xbox Live installed to even run PSO at all. If you don't already have it, that's an added expense of £40.

LittleMissHoney
May 21, 2003, 04:46 PM
uk xbox due out this friday

tehkao
May 21, 2003, 04:54 PM
UHHHH you don't need to have XBox Live "installed" to play XPSO offline.

You don't "install" Xbox Live anyway, it's a service you sign up for.

I really wonder where all these dumb rumours about the XBox come from.

Mystil
May 21, 2003, 05:02 PM
Oh, I don't know, all I know is, the population of GC PSO is getting smaller by the day..

Sedyne
May 21, 2003, 05:03 PM
On 2003-05-21 14:54, tehkao wrote:
UHHHH you don't need to have XBox Live "installed" to play XPSO offline.

You don't "install" Xbox Live anyway, it's a service you sign up for.

I really wonder where all these dumb rumours about the XBox come from.

technically...you do install it. and if u just have someone elses account registered on ur xbox and don't go online with it, u could use that to play offline ;3

faceless
May 21, 2003, 11:42 PM
technically, you have to have xbox live installed, but more importantly, you have to have a gamertag.

1) about installing... if your definition of 'installing' is a game or xbox live disk copying the xbox live executables and data/font/image/sound/vode/other files to the c: drive of the xbox (same drive that has the dashboard/audio/dvd player software) as installing, then, yes it is installed. if you don't think this is installing, well, i guess you you can call it transferring, or downloading, or uploading, or some other term...

2) about gamertags... this is how they keep track of your PSO account, there are no more serial numbers or acsess keys to use. when you are going to create a character, before you do that, you have to select a gamertag to create the character under, and that character is then 'locked' to that gamertag. you can then go online using that character with that gamertag, the character is basically registered to that gamertag in a way similar to characters being registered to a certain dreamcast and not working on other people's dreamcasts...

Drakuun
May 22, 2003, 02:29 AM
Eh, all I hear about the Xbox version is 'hacked hacked hacked'.

But I haven't played it personally.

The GC version has the risk of FSOD-X, though I've never had it personally.

As for which has the larger # of users, the GC version isn't exactly lacking for players. Dime for a dollar says a large number of the people who just bought PSOX won't be sticking around long. Most games like this see that kind of influx right at launch. Too early to tell how many will actually be around in two, three months.

MisoSoup
May 22, 2003, 03:02 AM
I'll be around in 2 or 3 months, and that's all that matters. I'm sure Ryu20 will still be hanging out in ship 1 lobby 1 just like on the GC, too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MisoSoup on 2003-05-22 01:02 ]</font>

Akito
May 22, 2003, 03:16 AM
With the x-box version i dont think it will be as populated but i dont think you will be struggling to find people online like the the final days of the dreamcasts glory as the best console on the market. The x-box pso would applease some people more just because of its internets simplicity. So go for it and buy it for x-box BUT GAME CUBES BETTER http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif sry i like the cube.

Sedyne
May 22, 2003, 04:02 PM
On 2003-05-22 01:16, Akito wrote:
With the x-box version i dont think it will be as populated but i dont think you will be struggling to find people online like the the final days of the dreamcasts glory as the best console on the market. The x-box pso would applease some people more just because of its internets simplicity. So go for it and buy it for x-box BUT GAME CUBES BETTER http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif sry i like the cube.

gamecube sucks &_& sorry im a ps2 xbox fanboy loser ;3

jk all systems pwn