PDA

View Full Version : FOmarl stuff (questions and so on)

HaLLa
May 21, 2003, 02:18 PM
First off I am thinking of making one of each FO.

I have a FOmar which is total power.
I got a FOnewearl who is all magic.
I am gonna make a FOnewm with all magic.

Now with FOmarl....should she be a mix of pow and magic or total power?

I think I heard somewhere before that she is the most balanced FO....so thats why I was thinking maybe mix.

What do you all think?

Also how do you use yours.....and what weapons/techs do u use.

Thanks

VioletSkye
May 21, 2003, 02:36 PM
Heh, you're gonna get a flood of opinions on this one. Personally, I boost up mind almost exclusively. If I need additional power or accuracy, I rely on units to boost those stats when I need it. In sure others will disagree. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

HaLLa
May 21, 2003, 02:49 PM
I was thinking about either giving her half and half of pow and mind mats....or all pow mats dunno

my FOmar is all pow and fun to play with

Spellbinder
May 21, 2003, 03:07 PM
Well if you use the character manager here at pso-world, I'm sure you could max most of the FOmar and FOmarl stats fairly easily.

Soukosa
May 21, 2003, 03:28 PM
FOmarls are very balanced and they're also the easiest class to max out all the stats.

Aeris651
May 21, 2003, 06:36 PM
This might help
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=46270&forum=1

ginko990
May 21, 2003, 09:36 PM
I dont see any reason to make a character who is "mixed". Basically thats just a "Crappy Character" all prettied up, not quite good at anything. I say dont even be a FOmarl, try out a different class.

Tulathis
May 21, 2003, 10:00 PM
I dont see any reason to make a character who is "mixed". Basically thats just a "Crappy Character" all prettied up, not quite good at anything.
I'd disagree with that. A character can have mixed skills and still be good overall. They won't be the best at either casting or melee, but they'll be pretty good at both, which tends to make a character less boring to play. A melee force with balanced skills can be especially effective. If I were going to make a FOmarl, I'd tend to put most of my mats into mind and some into power and luck so that I could potentially max out my character with the addition of a mag and some units.

Muku6
May 22, 2003, 03:47 PM
My FOmarl is my main character and the most fun to play with challenge. I use her as a melee character with support techs. I do use Rafoie and Rabarta at times as well as Grants, but that's pretty much it for defensive Techs. I have my spiffy little force use an Agito 1983.

hououtate
May 23, 2003, 09:57 AM
if you are going to do a FOmarl, go all mind. unless you use the p wand, your not going to be doing a lot of damage with techs, so i reccomend going for support force, mine is and people like playing with me becuase i have good sd and zj.

only problem is, i have to have other people there to help me level, i could do an hs by myself, but ruins is out of the question becuase it would take to long and cost to much meseta (trifluids are expensive)

RyuKDD
May 23, 2003, 10:44 AM
I had a well rounded FOmarl on PSO I on DC
I used a Holy Ray in combination with the techs and it was a challange and fun to play her too.
It's a question of what you prefer and your playing style.
FOmarl is one of the hardest chars to play so it'll be a challange either way!

Frozt
May 23, 2003, 12:11 PM
I agree with Violet if you raise your mind then you can use alot more of the Force class weapons and the mind you build up can help you learn higher level techs.

happyalloy
May 23, 2003, 12:23 PM
My FOmarl is my favorite character, which is why she's my highest lvl char (138). I followed the mat maxing guide on this site, which recommended luck, def, and mind. Def is good because it allows your FO to be a melee char without dying from a single hit http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif At this stage, depending on which units and mags I use, I can max out either atp or mst, whichever I feel like doing http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
My FO most often uses a mag with 5/120/50/25 stats, 2 god abilities, god/battle, and god HP, which allows me to switch from psychowand to s-rank twin, depending on my mood and the situations. I'm not as strong as a hunter with attacks nor as strong as a FOnew with magic, but I can hold my own quite well. And the support tech boosts are wonderful. Your allies won't care if you can't kill everything if you can keep them resta'd and s/d and use lots of j/z. And being able to melee makes offline levelling much easier because you don't have to cast 7 spells to kill an enemy- all you need is a combo from an s-rank twin and they're toast. My FO does great in offline mines! (rafoie for most enemies, s-rank for Sinows and Baranz.. piece of cake!)
FOmarls are the best team-players that I've seen. Their resta makes even Dark Falz easy, and their s/d and j/z works great, plus they dont obliterate everything before other team members can get a hit in to get exp.
I wish I was at home right now so I could bring good ol Luminara out to play... lol