PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skidz
May 21, 2003, 05:45 PM
I have a EthernetAdsl Modem and i only have 1 opening in my dsl moden and only 1 in the back on my pc what do i do i really wanna go online!!

-josh

Eagle
May 24, 2003, 12:04 PM
enter all the info you have and try it

Benoit
May 25, 2003, 08:49 AM
You will need to buy a cheap Ethernet card, and install it in your PC. Then you will have to share your Internet connection to it. I use WinRoute to do it.

After installing the drivers, reboot, and then you'll have to configure the connections. Go to the settings of your new Ethernet adapter, and go to the tab where you can specify the IP and enter this:
IP: 192.168.0.1
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Next, write down the DNS numbers of your ISP. You can get them with the program WINIPCFG. It'll be somewhere on your hard drive.

Then, onto your GameCube. Choose to specify everything manually. Enter this info.
IP: 192.168.0.2
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.0.1

In the Advanced settings of WinRoute, you can uncheck the DHCP and the DNS thingies there. It's not needed. And in the normal settings of WinRoute, the Settings tab, enter your login and password.

The last thing you now need it a RJ45 Crossover network cable to connect the Ethernet card with your BBA of your GameCube.

Now, when you want to play online, make a connection by firing up your browser, or click the Dial button on WinRoute after having clicked Start Engine. If you have made the connection by firing up your browser, you will still have to click Start Engine.

The GameCube should be able to get online now. Good luck!