PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Quitting the game. Should I continue the fics?

M_BlackHawk
May 21, 2003, 08:37 PM
I think the title says it all. I've decided to quit playing PSO. I believe it's time that I gave up on gaming and went on to other things.

So, my poll is to ask your opinions. Should I continue my fic writing, or does anyone even give a rodent's posterior (ie: a rat's ass), if I do or not?

Opinions are greatly appreciated.

later

M_BlackHawk

Davion
May 21, 2003, 08:48 PM
I'd say write as long as you can. I think my time on PSO is limited too, but I think I'll finish up my plotlines.

RubyEclipse
May 21, 2003, 10:06 PM
I agree with Davion, Blackhawk. When I first came to psow you were the first author whose works I read, and It was because of people like you, davion, and all the other writers here that I decided to even start writing fanfics at all! All good things must come to end, however, and I'm very sorry that you are leaving pso. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif However, finish what you feel you need to finish. If you don't want to finish your fics, don't decide to just for us, the readers. Do it for yourself.

You have my vote for "Keep it up!", Blackhawk.

Kudos, my friend, Kudos. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

HUnewearl_Meira
May 21, 2003, 11:35 PM
I think that perhaps the most important rule for a writer to live by, is to never give up on a work until it's finished. In my short attention span and impatience, I've left many a story unwritten, and many a tale untold, which I very much regret. I've come to PSO Fanfic writing with the determination that I will complete 12 whopping fanfics, regardless of how long it takes. I'll have no regrets on this one. I'll finish my fanfics, and you owe it to yourself to finish yours.
And besides. You may be quitting the game, but are you prepared to drop out from the community? If you're going to stick around, it'd be just as well to contribute a few more well thought-out fanfics, wouldn't it? Huzzah, indeed!

War_Child
May 22, 2003, 06:07 AM
I think you know my response http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

M_BlackHawk
May 22, 2003, 06:39 AM
I thank you all for the opinions, my friends. I feel that with these posts, my mind is made up.

While I will no longer be playing PSO, or gaming in general, I am NOT going to be leaving the PSO World Community.

Davion, disregard that email I sent you last night. I'm staying at PSO World..and continuing my fics.

later

M_BlackHawk.

polishedweasel
May 22, 2003, 06:41 AM
I also beleive that my time on PSO is running a bit slim. But if you're writing a fanfic don't you have to be a fan? Most of the time when a person gets done with a really addicting hobby they reflect on it and realize that it was just a huge waste of time..and sometimes money. And then they turn to regret that they ever did it.

But writing and playing are two completely different things. You should continue in my opinion. At least until you complete your storyline.

-Luis

Hikosaka
May 22, 2003, 08:37 AM
PSO is/was a great game, and though one might not play anymore, there is still a community that exists from that game. I've never been on a board as I have on PSOW, and I've met some great people through it, including you.

I think those who posted before me said it best. PSOW would lose one of its best contributors if you were to stop writing. I'm happy you've decided to continue. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hikosaka on 2003-05-22 06:38 ]</font>

Nidarrock
May 22, 2003, 09:38 AM
Without a doubt keep writing.

Davion
May 22, 2003, 12:39 PM
On 2003-05-22 04:39, M_BlackHawk wrote:

Davion, disregard that email I sent you last night. I'm staying at PSO World..and continuing my fics.

Glad to hear it.

lok
May 22, 2003, 04:10 PM
I'm glad your staying in the community.
The game maybe getting dull but thats why we come to these forums, people like you keep things interesting around here.

BWS-1
May 22, 2003, 04:20 PM
I say that, for as long as you feel into the characters and PSO or Phantasy star world in your head, you cna keep up writting as much as you want. I think I had quit playing PSO in the 3/4 of the Chapt 2 of TFFOMP, and then, after stoping at the 3rd chapter, and think of other fics ideas, it made me want to go back to PSO and play again. Unfortunatly, now I can't go online anymore, but I happen to enjoy playing offline even tho I miss you guys a lot ._.

M_BlackHawk
May 22, 2003, 04:58 PM
to BWS-1: I've incorporated the events of the TFFOMP stories into the timelines of my fics. SO believe me, you're not forgotten. Oh, btw: I need you to email me, if you don't mind.

my address is [email protected]

I was wondering if you would mind if I gave BWS-1 a cameo in a later fic, because I've got so many different storylines running through my head at this time.

later

M_BlackHawk

HUnewearl_Meira
May 23, 2003, 02:55 AM
I was wondering if you would mind if I gave BWS-1 a cameo in a later fic, because I've got so many different storylines running through my head at this time.

Now THAT'S the spirit!

BOC
May 24, 2003, 07:26 AM
ive always enjoyed readin ur fics, and happy ur staying on! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!