PDA

View Full Version : XBox: Do any real girls play PSO??

Tallywhacker
May 22, 2003, 03:16 PM
On XBOX.. most of the girl characters I've seen have all been guys. I'm just curious. One time I thought I found one, but it was just someone's sister talking while her brother played...

ABDUR101
May 22, 2003, 03:27 PM
No, girls and games are an entire myth and anyone who says they are a girl who plays games, is a lieing something or other. =|

Sedyne
May 22, 2003, 04:31 PM
I contemplate that =. I met a girl today and three people that knew her said they have done video chat over their comptuers with her and said they are good friends....her name was Jennicide and was 19....sooo i dono and another 30 year old women (supposedly) was playing with me today...soo i don't

ALPHAM0F0
May 22, 2003, 04:34 PM
my friend spliff and his wife play pso, also sciler is female.

LollipopLolita
May 22, 2003, 04:38 PM
no girls don't play pso, and abdur is right, it's a myth. the two female admins on this site must be liars!

RuneLateralus
May 22, 2003, 04:51 PM
Yeah, I mean, why would girls play games in the first place. Like Saladwood...playing Planetside...hah!!!

Robomonke
May 22, 2003, 05:00 PM
On 2003-05-22 14:38, LollipopLolita wrote:
no girls don't play pso, and abdur is right, it's a myth. the two female admins on this site must be liars!

There's 2? Who would the second be?

Saladwood
May 22, 2003, 05:10 PM
On 2003-05-22 14:51, RuneLateralus wrote:
Yeah, I mean, why would girls play games in the first place. Like Saladwood...playing Planetside...hah!!!

I know! And why would a plain ol girl like Lolita play a game and be the one of the baddest player and best powergamer in a mmorpg like Ultima Online, or even worked on games before.

And what about that female mod PSOW has, must be a liar too!

I mean girls playing PSO and helping run a site and making guides? What kind of urban myth is that?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PSOSaladWood on 2003-05-22 15:11 ]</font>

gallaugher
May 22, 2003, 05:14 PM
Sorry to invade your xbox thread but I know 3 girls that play the gamecube version (I personally have 3 female characters & I'm a male)

ABDUR101
May 22, 2003, 05:27 PM
As long as we are all on the same page!

Nai_Calus
May 22, 2003, 05:28 PM
My gender is questionable(World's biggest tomboy here), but last I looked I was a girl. Of course, I play on the GC version and only offline. And all but two of my chars are male, got 6 boys, two each of FOmars and HUmars, a HUcast and a FOnewm. Most of the girl classes look pedo or whorish, and I'd rather stare at a guy's arse for 300 hours than some whorish HUnewearl with enormous jugs like everyone and their MAG seems to have. :-P

Dime
May 22, 2003, 05:44 PM
On 2003-05-22 15:28, Ian-KunX wrote:
My gender is questionable(World's biggest tomboy here), but last I looked I was a girl. Of course, I play on the GC version and only offline. And all but two of my chars are male, got 6 boys, two each of FOmars and HUmars, a HUcast and a FOnewm. Most of the girl classes look pedo or whorish, and I'd rather stare at a guy's arse for 300 hours than some whorish HUnewearl with enormous jugs like everyone and their MAG seems to have. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

You say that now, but soon you will be drawn to the big titted HUn's with pink Satos.

NekoHikari
May 22, 2003, 07:30 PM
My best friend and his girlfriend are always on XBOX PSO. Girls play these games, but usually only the ones that have a reason to.

Droxitr
May 22, 2003, 07:34 PM
...Most of the girl classes look pedo or whorish, and I'd rather stare at a guy's arse for 300 hours than some whorish HUnewearl with enormous jugs like everyone and their MAG seems to have. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

You know you can make female characters sans, uh, enhancements, right? Hehe, my friend has a chubby FOmarl.

Forever Zero
May 22, 2003, 07:41 PM
My gender is questionable(World's biggest tomboy here), but last I looked I was a girl. Of course, I play on the GC version and only offline. And all but two of my chars are male, got 6 boys, two each of FOmars and HUmars, a HUcast and a FOnewm. Most of the girl classes look pedo or whorish, and I'd rather stare at a guy's arse for 300 hours than some whorish HUnewearl with enormous jugs like everyone and their MAG seems to have. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I completely agree with you! Wow, finally another female that is just like me when it comes to selecting a char. Ima girl too and the male chars dominate my mem card http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif The HUmar and FOmar are my favorites! Hehe, I wish you were online.

Dime
May 22, 2003, 07:44 PM
OMG FEMAILS!!!

OMGHI2U!!!!

Spacepest
May 22, 2003, 07:51 PM
I'm not a real girl, I'm a real WOMAN.

janitorbob
May 22, 2003, 08:56 PM
Wow, you guys must live in nowheres, my girlfriend plays video games, and for the record i let her win! (ack, beaten by a girl) no offence. anyways, the guy population rules the video gaming world. Wanna know why? Because Men have the brains, some girls do... but for the most part it is the genius male race! this one goes out to all my bros!

Muku6
May 22, 2003, 09:01 PM
*scoff*

Both genders have brains. Just sometimes different members of each gender decide not to use it.

So anyways... the reason why the video games are mostly dominated by males is because advertising for them is targetted to them. Ever notice Lara Croft and all? It get's all those teenage boys all giddy. They aren't dressed skimpy for no reason. And notice all the blood, guts, and gore? Yep, for those hormone raging boys who would like to blow up some little alien or something.

Unfortunately the industry is male driven. It will stay like that unless something is done.

Anyways, on a side note I don't play X-Box, but I rather play the GC version. I play a FOmarl and am female myself. We may be sort of rare, but we're out there. But if you use PSO for dating service, then go to eBay and search for a new life, maybe you can get one cheap. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Muku6 on 2003-05-22 19:05 ]</font>

MisoSoup
May 22, 2003, 09:04 PM
I've met Jennicide before, and I've met another girl with 2 characters (Ema and Pee-Wee) that plays. My gf also plays Eggdrop Soup and Miki Yoshi. We bought another XBox so we can both play.

ABDUR101
May 22, 2003, 09:18 PM
I think you're just abunch of liars. You most likely just want free hand outs in-game.

...It's just like throwing a match in a barrel of gasoline! =X

LollipopLolita
May 22, 2003, 09:27 PM
On 2003-05-22 18:56, janitorbob wrote:
Because Men have the brains, some girls do... but for the most part it is the genius male race!
you're supposed to convince us that you're the genius male race with that statement?

neotoys
May 22, 2003, 10:17 PM
My wife and I play the game together and so does a friend of mine ond his wife. So thats 2 females i know of.

Capril
May 22, 2003, 10:52 PM
I am a 'real' girl. I play the GC version...used to play the DC version. Most girls I know enjoy video games of some sort. Most guys I know enjoy video games too. I even heard that some guys play on computers, just like us girls. Other rumours that burn my ears...guys also played Goldeneye and liked it..guys also enjoyed Halo, Metroid Prime, all the Squarsoft RPGs...and other PS RPGs. From what I understand, guys are able to play these games with some degree of success. I say well done guys! *pats little man on the head..*

primer567
May 23, 2003, 07:11 AM
The nice thing about the Xbox version is that you dont see female characters running around acting like they are girls. Unless they dont use voice chat, who knows if they are a boy or girl.

Arylkia
May 23, 2003, 12:26 PM
count me in,another female behind the character here hehe. (see my account photo) lol a female gamer and proud of it!I've been playing pso since dreamcast.i currently use a HUcaseal.but i also have a male force character as well. i like variety in my characters as for the forces i did not like the females available. they looks like either circus clowns or miss pretty barbie princess.thats too disgusting for me lol. female gamers unite!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

happyalloy
May 23, 2003, 12:39 PM
I'm a 21 y/o woman and I play this game wayy too much... I've been playing video games for most of my life and I have no intentions of giving up this habit... I know 7 other women who play this game, 3 of which I've talked to on the phone (so I know theyre not lying). The women are out there, just some of them deny it in game to avoid the hordes of over-amarous teenaged boys so mystified by the thought that girls play videogames too! =P

FluxGryphon
May 23, 2003, 01:12 PM
Like happyalloy I'm a 21 year old female (going on 22 in a couple of weeks) and have been into games most of my life. It's also sad that I'm the only lady in my Neverwinter Nights Guild. *sigh*

I'm in total agreement with Muku - the gaming industry is totally male dominated. Guess it's easy to advertise for the target group of raging testoterone teenage boys. *shrugs*

Muku6
May 23, 2003, 02:53 PM
Likewise, I'm a 21 year old female. And yes, I guess it's easier to target the little/teenage boys than it is girls. And despite what some think we don't need Barbie games to want to play.

I myself have played most of my life as well. I love playing and I don't really think I'll ever give it up completely. But, I'll admit that I'm starting to say I'm a guy online now. I never actually was harassed until a couple weeks ago. First time, and probably by some 13 year old. Ugh. Anyways, if guys start hitting on me now, my little petite FOmarl is going to say she's male and see how fast they back off.

LollipopLolita
May 23, 2003, 02:59 PM
funny how this thread is about stereotypes.

Vanango
May 24, 2003, 12:13 AM
On 2003-05-23 12:59, LollipopLolita wrote:
funny how this thread is about stereotypes.

*scratchs groin and drinks a beer* what chu talkin' bout women? Stereo.. what? go fetch me a new cold beer, wench.

Wymmin on PSO? what the hell are they doing out of that nar kitchen? Is the monitor on the damn oven? Women don't know diddly 'bout 'lectronics unless it's a microwave. Yarr.

Alisha
May 24, 2003, 12:30 AM
these posts are soooooooo last year
*is a girl and plays pso*

ABDUR101
May 24, 2003, 12:32 AM
...well..I thought I was helping the female gamers by drawing attention away from them...but they come out anyways! >_<

Prepare your block buttons > Everyone

You are besieged by adolescents > Everyone

Reenee
May 24, 2003, 12:59 AM
On 2003-05-22 19:27, LollipopLolita wrote:

Because Men have the brains, some girls do... but for the most part it is the genius male race!
you're supposed to convince us that you're the genius male race with that statement?

Most of the men in this world are stupid, therefore, making it harder to ask a girl out. I'd like to sarcastically thank them for doing that to me.

Mystil
May 24, 2003, 04:15 AM
On 2003-05-22 13:27, ABDUR101 wrote:
No, girls and games are an entire myth and anyone who says they are a girl who plays games, is a lieing something or other. =|

There are ALOT of females that play videogames, I know some in real life. They just don't brag about it like guys do. As for PSO, same thing. A female isn't gonna let the whole lobby know she's a female. "HEY IM A GIRL! PLEASE ALL GUYS HIT ON ME!".

Female PSO players want peace. Not being bothered by horny guys who treat the game, like it's a dating service. It's not that hard to find a female player either. As for some that say they are - you can usually tell, if you've been around alot of female gamers that is.

Also:

On 2003-05-22 19:18, ABDUR101 wrote:
I think you're just abunch of liars. You most likely just want free hand outs in-game.

...It's just like throwing a match in a barrel of gasoline! =X

What makes you think using a HUne/FOne/FOmarl/RAmarl/HUcassy/RAcassy warrents free handouts?

I hardly EVER get free stuff. Only from friends(who get freebies from me too). But a total stranger?

Nope.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2003-05-24 02:28 ]</font>

soulja2244
May 24, 2003, 04:34 AM
Sorry to interrupt, but I'mma take this a little off-topic for a sec.

neotoys, the pic in your sig is f*n hilarious man!
That made my night. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Anyways, I've personally made friends with 2 women online. I've talked with them on the phone so I can verify that.

They wanna be treated just like anyone else, not constantly harassed.

I just can't understand the kids who shower these girls with attention.
They are held up as if they are Goddesses.
Most of these girls are just as obese/malodorous/nerdy as their male counterparts on the average.

Just kick back and have fun no matter what the gender. You want a girl? Goto school/the mall/library....whatever.

My .02

LollipopLolita
May 24, 2003, 04:37 AM
On 2003-05-24 02:34, soulja2244 wrote:
Most of these girls are just as obese/malodorous/nerdy as their male counterparts on the average.

Because Men have the brains, some girls do... but for the most part it is the genius male race! this one goes out to all my bros!

oh the irony

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-05-24 02:38 ]</font>

Kazekage
May 24, 2003, 06:42 AM
I gotta agree with souljah over there. Anytime it's an online activity of some form, everyone nerd boy and his han solo doll flock around whatever female is online.

I lost my comm for xbox so i don't know how it's been on live, but that's what i've seen from irc and counter-strike.

That only bothers me so far as...IT'S JUST SAD! Have some pride and quit trying to tie yourself to anything without a penis.(i'm not sayin' that's anyone here, but if you fit the bill...)

well, that was my penny

Blue_Seth
May 24, 2003, 11:01 AM
I've me several of them and most of them are really nice. One helped me level up one of my characters.

ABDUR101
May 24, 2003, 11:05 AM
On 2003-05-24 04:42, Kazekage wrote:
That only bothers me so far as...IT'S JUST SAD! Have some pride and quit trying to tie yourself to anything without a penis.(i'm not sayin' that's anyone here, but if you fit the bill...)

I don't know, some people act stupid when they're around the opposite sex, but thats not everyone by far.

It's just something that hopefully eventually gets grown out of. o_O

Oh, and Silhouette, all of my posts were being sarcastic. >_<

*spreads more sarcasm on previous posts*

LollipopLolita
May 24, 2003, 12:39 PM
On 2003-05-24 04:42, Kazekage wrote:
I gotta agree with souljah over there. Anytime it's an online activity of some form, everyone nerd boy and his han solo doll flock around whatever female is online.

lack of social skills. and they need to go out more.

Tallywhacker
May 24, 2003, 01:36 PM
Well, I finally met a girl on PSOX. She was absolutley the nicest person I've ever had the honor to play with! She was such a joy, and not at all annoying!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tallywhacker on 2003-05-24 15:17 ]</font>

Shimarisu
May 24, 2003, 03:46 PM
Heh.

I find this thread amusing. And quite tragic.

But yeah guys, give me free items if you must...

- Shimarisu

dude3282
May 24, 2003, 03:56 PM
I find this thread amusing. And quite tragic.

Yes, quite pathetic.

Slivi
May 24, 2003, 04:17 PM
Well, I finally met a girl on PSOX. She was pretty annoying, talking about how she didn't eat meats and she wanted to be a vet.

No tallywhacker, what was more annoying was you laughing like a retard about kicking a goat in the head.

By the way I do eat meat and I just told you guys that I tried to be a vegetarian for fun to see what it's like. Whats wrong with that?

So why don't you stop complaining about others and rethink about all the "annoying" things that you said??

Tallywhacker
May 24, 2003, 05:04 PM
Ouch.. I thought you said you didn't come here anymore?

How embarassing.. I'm sorry, I don't think you're annoying! ..heh.

And I punched it in the head. I would never think of kicking a goat in the head. That's just wrong.

s3rial_one
May 24, 2003, 05:06 PM
I play with a couple women on PSOX; they're a lot of fun. They share my same crude sense of humor and are genuinely good teammates and just all-around a lot of fun to hang out with.

Both of them avoid speaking in the lobbies, though, instead using a keyboard.

It's really sad... the second someone hears a female voice, all the adolescent guys in the lobby start trying to figure out who it is. And inevitably, there's some assclown named "pimpmastah69" or something like that around, usually sounding about as ghetto as possible, that tries to hit on them.

I'm usually pretty quiet, but when those guys start, I have to lay into them. I mean, most of the guys online are so damned stupid, crass, socially inept or just plain rude that they wouldn't even be able to play pimp to a dog in heat. I've seen drunken frat boys that look like Don Juan compared to these idiot kids online. I doubt most of them would even know what to do if they ever saw female genitalia.

Heh, but it's always good for a laugh; everytime I see that happen, it makes me think of that clip where Triumph goes to the opening of the Star Wars movie (http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/video/nerds.html)...

Vitamin_D
May 24, 2003, 05:23 PM
On 2003-05-24 14:17, Slivi wrote:

Well, I finally met a girl on PSOX. She was pretty annoying, talking about how she didn't eat meats and she wanted to be a vet.

No tallywhacker, what was more annoying was you laughing like a retard about kicking a goat in the head.

By the way I do eat meat and I just told you guys that I tried to be a vegetarian for fun to see what it's like. Whats wrong with that?

So why don't you stop complaining about others and rethink about all the "annoying" things that you said??

oooooh busted! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Anyway, I've met a few girls on PSO. I really don't act any diffrently (well, maybe a tad more polite http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) however though, whenever I see a female character I automatically assume the player behind it is a guy, until it's proven otherwise.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vitamin_D on 2003-05-24 15:24 ]</font>

LamerPanda
May 24, 2003, 06:37 PM
To reply to the original topic: Yeah.

Flirting with them isn't worth it, though, you never know what you could be getting. ^-^; So don't bother. Please?

Vyon-Eht-Nioj
May 24, 2003, 06:40 PM
On 2003-05-24 16:37, LamerPanda wrote:

Flirting with them isn't worth it, though, you never know what you could be getting.

Exactly. Don't be surprised if the girl gamer is actually a girl, but possibly the last girl on earth you'd wanna be seen with. You know, the type that ran an 100-metre dash in a 90-metre gym.

Shimarisu
May 25, 2003, 06:52 AM
What's with this assumption that female geeks are all ugly? What's up, don't you know any?

It's kind of insulting that people assume that women only have time for games if they look bad, you think we're all fluffy, shallow little freaks who live only for having a social life and impressing the opposite sex?

Okay, so most women I know are like that. Most guys are like that too. Only difference is, you guys are brought up to think it's okay to do this stuff. Women who do get picked on at school. That is, unless they don't look like a total freak, and then they are *suddenly* very popular. So many gaming STUNNERS survive their obsession til adulthood. Ever been to an anime convention? I don't think I've ever been to one which had ANY unattractive women, and many of those are gamers. Female geeks generally know how to look after themselves. We're not a bunch of slobs with low personal hygiene like MANY of the guys in fandom. We're proud of our hobby, many are totally OBSESSED, many can't even function around 'normals' and simply can't make any sense of the stupid stuff they talk about, but we're not freaks.

Then again, neither are MANY geeks. I meet some absolutely gorgeous guys at conventions, and they are mostly sat in the corner, whining that they are unattractive and can't find any women - is it me or is there a massive stigma attached to this sort of hobby or WHAT? I'd rather hang around these people, with their incredibly low self-esteem than the types of morons who are 'mainstream' gamers though.

Tallywhacker
May 25, 2003, 01:31 PM
You sound insecure.

Kaahtt
May 25, 2003, 02:12 PM
Um, most of the guys I play with are actually girls... they are more fun to protect and generally more voilent then the guys... they make better warriors in my opinion... However, I don't like them taking the 'meat shield' role (wich they are best suited for) simply because I don't like seeing women smacked around...
Anyway, most of the girls I play with use male characters...

Anyway, girls do exist in videogames (wich has already been proven) they just lie low... every guy withen a two ship radius comes running when they hear a female voice... well, I don't really pay them any special attention because they are female, wich is probably why they hang out with me.

Oh yeah, and I have a female character that I voice mask... so if your ever around celestite block 2, and hear a little japanese girl who speaks in engirsh... trust me, that aint no girl...*tee-hee
*said as masculine as possible

Ever been to an anime convention? I don't think I've ever been to one which had ANY unattractive women, and many of those are gamers

Um, there are some unattractive women... however, just about each and every one of those girls have it where it counts... they love videoga--er--have really good personalitys! Yeah!

We're not a bunch of slobs with low personal hygiene like MANY of the guys in fandom

That is very true... the best part of fangirls is the fact that they smell REALLY nice

We're proud of our hobby, many are totally OBSESSED, many can't even function around 'normals' and simply can't make any sense of the stupid stuff they talk about, but we're not freaks.

Yes, yes you are freaks... We are all freaks... We don't functon well with 'normals' but thats what makes us great... FREAKS, UNITE!

Then again, neither are MANY geeks. I meet some absolutely gorgeous guys at conventions, and they are mostly sat in the corner, whining that they are unattractive and can't find any women - is it me or is there a massive stigma attached to this sort of hobby or WHAT? I'd rather hang around these people, with their incredibly low self-esteem than the types of morons who are 'mainstream' gamers though.

Um, thats the problem with the beautiful... I am not quite as pretty as my bishi-best friend... girls simply do not talk to him... Now, being the non-threttening male friend that I am, I know that most girls think that he is waaaaaay out of their league... this poor boy has never had a girlfriend... NEVER... thats why they are always so down in the dumps... Now, because most of my friends are girls, I've found out that they arn't as superficial as us guys (IN GENERAL, yes girls are still superficial... some more so then guys) and I've used that knowledge to walk up to pretty fangirls and ask them to dance...

and stuff...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kaahtt on 2003-05-25 12:22 ]</font>

LamerPanda
May 25, 2003, 04:09 PM
On 2003-05-25 04:52, Shimarisu wrote:
What's with this assumption that female geeks are all ugly? What's up, don't you know any?

...someone said that? o_O

I was more implying that it could be a guy. Not to mention that some look fine, but not every female geek is a beauty. *waves*

Mystil
May 25, 2003, 05:00 PM
On 2003-05-24 09:05, ABDUR101 wrote:

Oh, and Silhouette, all of my posts were being sarcastic. >_<

Ohhh >=| You made me type all that for not. Hmph!

IT'S JUST SAD! Have some pride and quit trying to tie yourself to anything without a penis.

LMAO!

Unfortunatly, some men MUST do just that. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2003-05-25 15:04 ]</font>

ResidentPSO
May 26, 2003, 02:35 AM
yeah i hate this when im talking to a RAmarl, and then they turn out to be guys. But i know a couple real girls on it, irl. Michigan people are weird

Sluggo
May 26, 2003, 02:48 AM
Well I dont know about the Gamecube Version ,But as for Xbox...my girlfriend and both my sisters play PSO on LIVE so I got 3 girls here who play alot. so nix the Myth

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sluggo on 2003-05-26 00:54 ]</font>

polishedweasel
Jun 6, 2003, 04:35 AM
OK...the last two gamer chicks I've seen have both been incredibly attractive...I got picks but they are probably members of this site. So I'll keep them to myself. I was seriously surprised when I saw these girls.

kat
Jun 6, 2003, 10:04 AM
Female IRL. Only female Chars on the Cube

Flirt with me and annoy the heck out of me and you get no resta and no moons.

Hack stuff to death before anyone can get to it, always be in the lead to get to the stuff first, hog the goodies, and only watch out for yourself, and you get the same.

Team with me, and I'll take your guild card to look for you another day, do my best to watch your back, and go through the difluids keeping you alive. Plus, I drop the meseta (yellowboze with a full bank) from the run for you, and have no problem giving out rares with nothing expected in return.

I think that about covers it...

K9999
Jun 6, 2003, 11:34 AM
I try to avoid female gamers on XBL because it seems everyone forgets about the game and goes back to town to give her free items. If i wanted to pick up girls i would go out =. But on the positive side i have only met 1 female gamer who came off as a total bitch. The rest have all been just the same as guys (including the cursing)

K9999
Jun 6, 2003, 11:45 AM
Its also ironic that the bitchy girl was using a FOmarl while all the others i had met were using male characters. Guess you know who the attention whore is =

primer567
Jun 6, 2003, 01:17 PM
I know some ladies who play PSO.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: primer567 on 2003-06-06 15:22 ]</font>

LegendaryMage
Jun 6, 2003, 02:01 PM
This kinda sad really, we men are talking about women like they are another species in this topic when all they want is to fit in with the mainstream gamers. Not all women need free items to be one over, most just need to be respected.

On a side note I some some pretty disgusting things going on in vega last night with the lobby actions.

OriginalName
Jun 6, 2003, 02:03 PM
Hey, I'm a girl and I play PSO! I also play Everquest, Ragnarok Online, Fallout, the Age of.. games, Ratchet & Clank, Neverwinter Nights, and several dozen other games! Don't say there aren't any girl gamers just because you haven't seen any.

Jack
Jun 6, 2003, 02:11 PM
Any time I talk about games at college, instantly someone pops up with "Ooooooh! Have you got the dancing game?" Here's a tip, kids - "I've got Dancing Stage" is the best chat up line ANYONE could hope for.

TST-leader
Jun 6, 2003, 06:07 PM
I have 2-3 girls on my guild card list. But then again I'm just a playa.

LamerPanda
Jun 6, 2003, 06:21 PM
On 2003-06-06 12:01, LegendaryMage wrote:
This kinda sad really, we men are talking about women like they are another species in this topic when all they want is to fit in with the mainstream gamers. Not all women need free items to be one over, most just need to be respected.

You give me rare items, I love you long time! n_n

No, really, if you want to win me over, then play well. (If you're new to the game, that's understandable, but listen!) I'm sure that applies to everyone else as well, though respect is always nice.

TeK-Delorean
Jun 6, 2003, 07:53 PM
girl pso players are like Love rappies. They exist but are rare. Actually not THAT rare (i've only ran into one Love rappy in my pso career)
The first online gme I ever joined was with this girl who was really cool, I was totally noobed out and she taught me alot of stuff and guided me to the dragon for the most part. But yeah it is sad to see these guys trying to be cyber macks. That just shows how much time they spend playing games and not spending time with the opposite sex. A friend of mine spends his time sitting in a lobby looking for this girl he met one night hoping she'll show up again because he lost her guild card. Can you say PSO-STALKER?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TeK-Delorean on 2003-06-06 18:32 ]</font>

Omikron
Jun 6, 2003, 10:48 PM
I've met a few girls on PSOX, doesn't make a difference to me though, i don't base my opinion and how i act with someone based on gender but to what degree they abide to the concept of not being an arse.

Blenjar
Jun 6, 2003, 11:55 PM
On 2003-06-06 16:07, TST-leader wrote:

I second that.

GuerillaPimp
Jun 7, 2003, 02:13 PM
Who the hell cares? Shut up and play the game. Go outside and meet a real female. It's a whole lot better than staring at some polygons, trust me..sheesh...

LollipopLolita
Jun 7, 2003, 02:23 PM
On 2003-06-06 21:55, Blenjar wrote:

On 2003-06-06 16:07, TST-leader wrote:

I second that.

oh damn having all those boy's names on my card must make me one hell of a playa then. but then i have all the girl's name too. shit i must be playing the field.

LamerPanda
Jun 7, 2003, 03:37 PM
I don't even know if I play with guys or girls, for the most part. ;_; I usually only find out if they start hitting on my RAcaseal, and even then, you never know. O_o

LotusJade
Jun 7, 2003, 03:46 PM
im a girl and i play http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. though i must say there are quite a few rude people on especially after they find out im a girl. but then again theres also alot of cool people too. i just wish i could figure out why as soon as its realized im a girl most guys stop talking or inform me what a witch i am that im a lesbian or i need slapped for think i can play a video game...... makes ya wonder

LollipopLolita
Jun 7, 2003, 03:53 PM
it's 2003. girls play video games. period. there's nothing odd and special about it. the oh my god's isn't necessary. this thread is damn long and redundant.

now if a dog was to play a video game...

Saladwood
Jun 7, 2003, 03:57 PM
This is suuuuuuuuch a non issue to me. who cares that a girl plays a video game? maybe in america there's some sort of rift that's starting to close, but actually, in a lot of asian countries girls play just as much as boys.

FluxGryphon
Jun 7, 2003, 04:07 PM
Get out your keys and lockity-lock-lock-lock!

*scurries off like a hyper kitten*

(I like that comment about going out and meeting a real girl. Vanquish hyper-reality! Hiiiiiiiiiiyah!)

Shimarisu
Jun 7, 2003, 09:09 PM
I don't see what it being 2003 has to do with it, I've been playing videogames for 15 years and writing for videogames magazines for 6....

And I suppose this means even more guys to add to the hangers on I have on PSO, *sigh*. Picking a male chara doesn't seem to change anything, I was being a FOmar today and a FOmarl (played by a guy) was hitting on me after they figured from my conversation I was female. Or maybe they thought my FOmar was... no, I won't go there again.

*runs away*

- Shimarisu

LamerPanda
Jun 7, 2003, 09:23 PM
I'm assuming she meant it's because it's more common in 2003, but I've been playing since... 1990? *shrug* Doesn't really matter.

No one has figured out that my RAmar is really played by a female, despite the dark purple hair (fruitylicious!). Maybe it's because my general conversation consists of "Thank you.", "You're welcome.", and "No.". Doesn't bother me since I don't see why gender should be an issue playing games.

Actually, the topic's been answered...

Vantamiath
Jun 8, 2003, 12:38 AM
*Spies on girl gamer*

*does shitty imitation of the Croc hunter*

The FeMALE gama grows to be abawt 5 feet tawl. They sleap upsiide dOwn and alwayes beLch loUd durang gaming seasun.

ThEREs OnE rite ova there!!

LollipopLolita
Jun 8, 2003, 12:39 AM
2003, as in it's modern times, it's not the middle ages. at these current times, and like it has been for anumber of years, games have been targeted for girls. for ages. meaning, duh, girls play games.

if you're going to constantly think it's odd then it's going to be odd. and then there's going to be the girls that will be "hey i play games!"

it's not that odd, it's not that special. my grandmother, my mother, my aunts, my girl cousins, my sisters play games. my mom sleeps with a gba on her nightstand and has one in the car. so what? i've been playing for over 20 years. no big deal. or am i suddenly a guy? and yes the question has been answered and it's redundant now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-06-07 22:40 ]</font>