PDA

View Full Version : Tweaking force-evening out

Joko
May 24, 2003, 09:29 AM
Will a tweaked force somewhat even out by ult? My level 24 force does 775 damage to a hard booma with her grants...

Reenee
May 24, 2003, 09:42 AM
That's done in Hard Mode. Now use that same technique at the same level on a Very Hard Gobooma and an Ultimate Barble.

Joko
May 24, 2003, 09:46 AM
Um. What is your point?

Reenee
May 24, 2003, 09:54 AM
That same Grants you use is pathetic when you get it in Very Hard. Using it on Dark Belras is a good way to measure it.

What I'm saying is people should raise their Forces legit (no giving Mind Materials unless the FO itself finds it, finding their own Canes, Rods, and Wands, raise own Mag...), until around Very Hard Mines. I don't use any technique disk above level 20-ish because I can learn it. There's TP usage involved too. You need to be at a high level to actually pull off a couple of them.

Jehosaphaty
May 24, 2003, 01:27 PM
i gotta go with shapiro. im doin this force now, and am tryin to legitly go with it. its basically my first char, but i could have a friend give me good mags and stuff, but i prefer to try and level this guy up the ole fashiond way. i think its more excitin this way...cheers

Kupi
May 24, 2003, 06:42 PM
There's a big difference between not playing legit and twinking, Shapiro. Not saying that one should twink at first opportunity, but twinking isn't cheating. ^_^()

And, to answer the question, yes, Forces even out. Every twinked character class will even out as the difficulty level increases.

googles
May 24, 2003, 06:51 PM
twinking? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: googles on 2003-05-24 16:53 ]</font>

Jehosaphaty
May 24, 2003, 09:48 PM
ahh i see now. twinkin as in givin good items, mags, frame and stuff. yeah i guess there is a difference between that and playin legit if thats wat ur talkin about. ( i guess i catagorize legit as not takin duped items so yah thar is a diffrence) its not necessarily cheating, just goin on an unfair advantage. either way watever floats ur boat i guess.

cheers

Reenee
May 24, 2003, 10:26 PM
On 2003-05-24 16:42, Kupi wrote:
There's a big difference between not playing legit and twinking, Shapiro. Not saying that one should twink at first opportunity, but twinking isn't cheating. ^_^()

And, to answer the question, yes, Forces even out. Every twinked character class will even out as the difficulty level increases.

I'm saying that's pretty wrong to do on a Force when they've just started out. If it went according to my way, I'd give the Force a hell of a lot of MST, but that would end up making me buy fluids so fast... u_u;;

Raziel_Kai
May 24, 2003, 10:32 PM
Yup, all Forces really need their bank accounts to spill their meseta all over.
Such is the life of a 'fluid junkie http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

soralan
May 25, 2003, 03:27 AM
I found out with my first fo not to overdo it with the techs, as they then cost too much for what there doing when one half its lvl will do the same thing (kill everything lol) so on my fonewn, i made the mag on him, but i still give him mind units, and some techs from the shop, and now he is doing very well in ult, having beat falz at lvl 90, a new record for myself.

soralan
May 25, 2003, 03:29 AM
On 2003-05-24 20:32, Raziel_Kai wrote:
Such is the life of a 'fluid junkie http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

yeah, i ahve also noticed that my non tweaked (well tech wise) force is a hell of a lot richer than my yweaked one was, with cash never having been a problem after the initial 100k loan from my HU lol.

Joko
May 25, 2003, 05:16 PM
OMG RETARDS ITS TWEAKED! er....sorry there...pet peeve.lol

Reenee
May 25, 2003, 05:24 PM
On 2003-05-25 01:29, soralan wrote:

On 2003-05-24 20:32, Raziel_Kai wrote:

yeah, i ahve also noticed that my non tweaked (well tech wise) force is a hell of a lot richer than my yweaked one was, with cash never having been a problem after the initial 100k loan from my HU lol.

Actually, you'll start to rely on slotted armors by Hard Ruins. From there on, it isn't so hard to get cash.

Kent
May 25, 2003, 05:46 PM
On 2003-05-25 15:16, Joko wrote:
OMG RETARDS ITS TWEAKED!

Actually, it's been known as "twinking" since EverQuest, I don't know where "tweaking" came from, but that's not the correct name of the method of giving higher-level equipment, items, etc. to lower level characters.

Dime
May 25, 2003, 05:51 PM

OMG RETARD IT'S TWINKED.

Shut up.

Logical2u
May 25, 2003, 05:55 PM
Is giving an Orge/Power- to my level 5 Humar twinkin'?

Galith
May 26, 2003, 03:34 AM
"No entry found for twinking." @ dictionary.com

It's not a word. It sounds stupid.

Tweaking is the correct word.

tweak ( P ) Pronunciation Key (twk)
tr.v. tweaked, tweak·ing, tweaks
-To pinch, pluck, or twist sharply.
-To adjust; fine-tune.
-To make fun of; tease.
Also from dictionary.com

And yes, tweaking a force like that early on doesn't make it more fun to play. The whole fun of being a force is finding all the disks and making the mag. Slowly getting better.

soundgarden4ever
May 26, 2003, 05:58 PM
amen

Kupi
May 26, 2003, 06:13 PM
"Twink" doesn't necessarily have to be in a dictionary to be a usable word, given the proper context. I know two other contexts in which it's used, in fact. First, at a MUSH where I tend to RP a lot, "twinking" is the practice of playing your character to be overpowered or invincible and/or controller another player's character's reactions. In the other context, D&D, "twinking" is making a character beyond allowable limits or simply asking for absurdly powerful equipment at the start of the game. Therefore, we can use the word "twink" in this context to mean giving unusually strong equipment to lower-level characters. ^_^

It's a concept called "slang."

soundgarden4ever
May 26, 2003, 07:34 PM
god who cares. Your just goin to get this topic locked.

Dime
May 26, 2003, 09:08 PM
But we can all agree that twinkies are delicious and fluffy right?

GuerillaPimp
May 26, 2003, 10:37 PM
Tweaking your character isnt fun??? Since when?? Pfft, im using a tweaked character, and the only reason why its not really that fun is because i cant find any high level disks to blow rappies to chicken dust with

Elsydeon_Heart
May 27, 2003, 11:19 AM
Let the losers "twink" all they want, I don't care I just don't play online with weak people who have to survie in a game by having someone else give him items. I only work with good teams, I'll heal you, you get my back. I'm not contempt with being a leech like you are.

Classix
May 27, 2003, 12:48 PM

Says you... But it was Twinked elsewhere, which came from calling the newbie with uber gear a Twinkie.

Nai_Calus
May 27, 2003, 03:15 PM
On 2003-05-27 09:19, Elsydeon_Heart wrote:
Let the losers "twink" all they want, I don't care I just don't play online with weak people who have to survie in a game by having someone else give him items. I only work with good teams, I'll heal you, you get my back. I'm not contempt with being a leech like you are.

Uhm... Twinking and being a whiny leech are two different things. Twinking is when you have a high-level c har pass down mags and weapons and tech discs and units and the like, usually to get through the lower difficulties faster. Thanks, I've been through Normal with a FOnewm on the DC. Hell yes I'm gonna pass down that 4-slot L10 frame, 4 Angel/Mind++, tech discs I've already learned or can't learn, force weapons I can't use and loan him my Mag. Besides, the stuff he has you'd find by halfway through VHard anyways. So. Normal and Hard are boring, and I've been there, done that and got the t-shirt. I prefer to get past that.
And really, who -wouldn't- give their FOmar a Gladius early? Feh. What's unfun is Normal/Hard, not twinking. And it all evens out anyways.