PDA

View Full Version : Mericarol Ultimate offline

Quixter
May 24, 2003, 07:31 PM
Ok, Im a lvl 128 hunter and this thing is owning me offline. Any way to avoid being killed everytime his megid hits you?

Delsaber
May 24, 2003, 07:55 PM
Just use a gun. That is about all the advice that I can offer. A Red Handgun would be nice in this situation... maybe.

BrokenHope
May 24, 2003, 08:25 PM
Stand where it spawns, so that you would be positioned behind it, kill the 3 plants and it spawns in, own it with mechs or a double saber type before it gets chance to turn and hit you.

Quixter
May 24, 2003, 09:55 PM
Thanks, Ill try that.

Vanango
May 24, 2003, 10:49 PM
3 resist devils!

Raziel_Kai
May 24, 2003, 11:01 PM
3 Resist/Devil and a Delsaber Shield!
RAR!

(an Ob Lilly killed me with that once... DEATH TO ALL THE LILLIES!!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/twak.gif )

Richard
May 24, 2003, 11:58 PM
Resist/Devils and Shield of Delsaber will do you no good.

The attack isn't actually Megid, more of a one-hit kill move. Regardless of EDK, it's guaranteed to kill if it hits.

You could use the method Broken Hope mentioned, or you could try to freeze it with Rabarta. Either way should work - just make sure you're standing really close to it. Better to get hit by it's tentacles than it's one-hit ball of death.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Richard on 2003-05-25 01:06 ]</font>

Reenee
May 25, 2003, 12:30 AM
What's up with the Mericarol's projectile anyway? The one that confuses you most of the time. Why does it kill you in one hit? How much HP will I need to survive (damn...Level 126 too...what an embarassment...)

u_u;;

Richard
May 25, 2003, 03:13 AM
In Normal-V.Hard, the Mericarol's projectile just confuses you. The Merikle one freezes you, and the Mericus one shocks you. Nothing really to worry about.

In Ultimate, they all shoot out a one-hit kill. Your HP doesn't matter. If you get hit by it, you're dead. It's really annoying, especially in quests like Maximum Attack 2 and Seat of the Heart, where there can more than one Mericarol (or variant) in a single room.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Richard on 2003-05-25 01:13 ]</font>

VulpesMundi
May 25, 2003, 05:13 AM
It definately isn't Megid since it can kill NPCs in one hit, and NPCs are immune to Megid. Man can that get frustrating in Seat of the Heart. =>.<=;;;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-05-25 03:17 ]</font>

Quixter
May 25, 2003, 06:45 AM
LOL, guess I assumed it was megid. No wonder nothing I equiped was helping much. I died about 30 times before giving up. My poor mag was suffering.

rena-ko
May 25, 2003, 07:18 AM
with my hunewearl i usually use mechguns. and before that i'll let the 3 plants hit me until i can fire a photon blast. then i wait for mericarol to spawn, and shoot an estlla into it while its turning around towards me. around 2000 damage with that blast, then a salve from the mechguns and its done.
dont bother with twins or any other melee weapon - get yourself good (mech)guns for ep2 and you're set.

RuneScapeMan
May 25, 2003, 09:21 AM
Get a mechgun and shoot it rapidly all the time, and it whon't even do a attack.

Hrith
May 25, 2003, 10:09 AM
Merikle ??? What's that ? I know Mericus, but Merikle ??? are you high ??? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Androids can use a freeze trap, but looking at your avatar, you're probably a HUmar. Trying to freeze it w/ Rabarta might help. Rifle-ranged weps can shoot at Mericarol w/o its noticing you http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EDK is useless, its true http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Reenee
May 25, 2003, 11:15 AM
Merikle (which kinda sounds like Miracle) is the 2nd rare version of Maricarol. It shoots a projectile that freezes you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shapiro on 2003-05-25 09:17 ]</font>

Rljohn
May 25, 2003, 11:35 AM
Get a Ranger and use a Snow queen, its special attack is an instant freeze.

Elusive_Llama
May 25, 2003, 01:15 PM
That's the method my Ranger uses to deal with anything dangerous. Freeze with Frozen Shooter or Snow Queen, blast to bits with Charge Vulcans. Easy as pie.

Androids have freeze traps. Other Hunters and Forces are up a certain creek without a paddle, but it makes things easier if they can get a freezing Rabarta off.

malinko
May 25, 2003, 01:38 PM
Actually, if you have 100 EDK, no dark attack can ever kill you. This includes Gran Sorc and Mericarol.

Edit for spelling

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: malinko on 2003-05-25 11:39 ]</font>

phasma
May 25, 2003, 03:20 PM
Do the Maricarol variants have different drops and exp values??

Do they look any different?

hahaha this is cooooool, I didnt think there were mini-boss variants tooooo http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

CGoodness
May 25, 2003, 04:25 PM
im confused can merikle and mericas both appear on any difficulty or in one of the just ult?

Richard
May 25, 2003, 04:46 PM
On 2003-05-25 11:38, malinko wrote:
Actually, if you have 100 EDK, no dark attack can ever kill you. This includes Gran Sorc and Mericarol.

The problem is that it's not actually a dark attack. EDK doesn't matter. The attack can never just miss like the Megid from a Gran Sorcerer can. If you get hit by it, you're dead. Simple.

On 2003-05-25 13:20, phasma wrote:
Do the Maricarol variants have different drops and exp values??

Do they look any different?

They have different drops on V.Hard and Ultimate. Not sure about EXP.

They all look different. The original Mericarol is green and pink, Merikle is blue, and Mericus is yellow.

On 2003-05-25 14:25, CGoodness wrote:
im confused can merikle and mericas both appear on any difficulty or in one of the just ult?

Merikle and Mericus only appear online during the quests Maximum Attack 2 and Seat of the Heart. They can appear on any difficulty.

phasma
May 25, 2003, 05:07 PM
Getting quoted in psow is like falling in love..

*sigh*

Now, I can die happy.

*cla-clickkk*

Quixter
May 25, 2003, 08:10 PM
I need to post here more often, you all were great help. I got by it using a mech gun. TY all very much.