PDA

View Full Version : Photon Drops ..?

Zb2k
May 25, 2003, 12:15 AM
i wasnt very sure where to post this but anyway i know i need to wait for the update to use the photon drops right? just wondering when its coming out http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Benoit
May 25, 2003, 09:04 AM
You can trade Photon Drops with Paganini in the online quest Gallon's Shop. Hopkins(a little FOnewm) is hidden near the Medical Center, and he will take you to his father if you have any Photon Drops on you.

Zb2k
May 25, 2003, 10:21 AM
but cant u only do that on gc or does it work with xbox now too?

Benoit
May 25, 2003, 12:35 PM
If you on the main page of PSO World, you can see that it's available on the XBox too.

Zb2k
May 25, 2003, 07:52 PM
huh i didnt see it...? i hate it when people tell u to go and look somewhere... just tell me and maybe at the ned say maybe next time u should look at the main page for updates like that first, but i didnt c it ne way

Zb2k
May 25, 2003, 09:10 PM
well someone please tell me how to use em >:O

EVILAdam
May 25, 2003, 09:46 PM
h0w d0 i get these things called photon drops ..?

Zb2k
May 26, 2003, 12:56 PM
u find em and if ur using dreamcast maybe thats y but u can ifnd it on gc and xbox im pretty sure... but seriously for xbox how do i use em http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Benoit
May 26, 2003, 07:29 PM
They can only be found on GameCube and XBox. Monsters drop them sometimes.

You CAN'T use them, you can only TRADE them. As I described above, use the Gallon's Shop quest.

Somewhere below on the left of the main page, you can see the names of the quest with an icon next to it where you can see on which platform they are on. And I did say that Gallon's Shop is available for XBox according to that.

SubstanceD
May 27, 2003, 12:54 PM
Just out of curiosity, do Photon Drops become more common on Ultimate Difficulty. I am already on Very Hard Difficulty and my Hucaseal only has 4 Photon Drops and I had to trade with my Fomar to get 1 of them meaning she has only found 3. I am currently offline only but If I can manage to get 50 Photon drops I definetly will have enough incentive to go online since I need to get a Blue/Black stone in order to make a Black King Bar. I desire a Black King Bar more so than any over item that this game has to offer and would surely sell my soul for one ( but at the same time I want to get my own one all by myself, 100% legit ). Yet from my current standpoint it seems like getting 50 Photon Drops is an impossible feat.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SubstanceD on 2003-05-27 10:58 ]</font>

Soukosa
May 27, 2003, 01:43 PM
From my experience, PD's are more common in Ultimate.

Crusajia
May 27, 2003, 01:48 PM
Agreed Substance. I am running into the same problem. I added up all the PDs that I need to get all the stuff I want for my chars and its around 300, not counting misc add slots for rare armor. I've acquired more PDs from trading then from finding and at this rate 300 just is not possible. I guess I will never get 100 so I will have to decide on a magical piece for my FO or a safety heart for my HuCaseal. That is unless someone has a theory on acquiring more..... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

-Crusa

ps Substance did u find more PDs at lower levels?

faceman
May 27, 2003, 02:04 PM
On 2003-05-25 10:35, Benoit wrote:
If you on the main page of PSO World, you can see that it's available on the XBox too.

From the Data Base
"3. How do I exchange my Photon Drops?
There is a FOnewm under the hospital of Pioneer 2 who will transport you, if you have photon drop in your inventory.

Note:
Please be aware that the FOnewm is yet to be seen on Xbox."

Seems to me that the person is not there for the XBox yet. Unless the updated guides are wrong.

LollipopLolita
May 27, 2003, 02:23 PM
while gallon's shop is up for xbox, the fonewm isn't there yet.

SubstanceD
May 27, 2003, 03:01 PM
On 2003-05-27 11:48, Crusajia wrote:
Agreed Substance. I am running into the same problem. I added up all the PDs that I need to get all the stuff I want for my chars and its around 300, not counting misc add slots for rare armor. I've acquired more PDs from trading then from finding and at this rate 300 just is not possible. I guess I will never get 100 so I will have to decide on a magical piece for my FO or a safety heart for my HuCaseal. That is unless someone has a theory on acquiring more..... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

-Crusa

ps Substance did u find more PDs at lower levels?

I could be wrong but I think my Hucaseal found 2 Photon Drops on Hard ( 1 in the forest and I think the other was in the Ruins although I am not sure )and 1 on Very Hard ( in the Forest ). My Fomar got his Photon Drop on Normal ( in the Forest ), he got it during my first and only encounter with a Hildebear.

Thanks for the encouraging news Kalonera, it is nice to know that they do become a slight bit more common on Ultimate although I fear that my poor Hucaseal is going to suffer badly once she reaches there and that making any progress at all will slow down to a bear minimum, so I guess I am going to have to put my Photon Drop hunting on the back burner for a while.

faceman
May 28, 2003, 11:54 AM
On 2003-05-27 12:23, LollipopLolita wrote:

Is there, or will there be something posted on the arrival of the fonewm? Or will we be surprised?

NeoPhatnutz
May 28, 2003, 12:04 PM
Yes, Photon Drops are indeed more common in Ultimate. They're quite random as they're found by enemies and boxes, but persistance pays off here.

One idea to use them fore is as a new curency. As Meseta is next to worthless, and some people don't need too much more than Addslots or whatnot, others might be willing to trade them for other things. Just a thought. Juuuuuuust a thought http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

And don'y worry about the Photon Drops. Once you start surviving in Ultimate, you'll be finding them more than you want (Damned Dark Bringers have no freakin' business dropping them. Gimme your Right Arm, gawdammit!). I've had the game since late March, and now between my two main characters, I'm up to a grand total of 70 Photon Dropz.

And I'm OFFLINE.

LollipopLolita
May 28, 2003, 01:03 PM
On 2003-05-28 09:54, faceman wrote:

On 2003-05-27 12:23, LollipopLolita wrote:

Is there, or will there be something posted on the arrival of the fonewm? Or will we be surprised?

no one knows