PDA

View Full Version : An unorthodox opinion about the Matrix:Reloaded

Ness
May 25, 2003, 12:04 PM
Note: This is not for those people who get easily get pissed off when people insult movies.

I thought this was pretty funny and you miight also.

http://maddox.xmission.com/

LollipopLolita
May 25, 2003, 02:48 PM
i didn't think it was that great either. it was more of a philosophical wet dream after taking phil 101. just simply say determinism, instead of all the casualty things. that's what they're talking about anyways. deteminism vs free will. old covered subject since the days of aristotle. but they forgot one thing: the paradox of determinism and moral responsibility. humans just like the concept of free will and having it because it appeals more to our ego.

yes flame away if you need to.

Saladwood
May 25, 2003, 03:06 PM
and at least do a better job when suspended on wires!!

geewj
May 25, 2003, 03:50 PM
hehe...sucker punch. Priceless

Ness
May 25, 2003, 04:33 PM
On 2003-05-25 13:50, Prof_Frink wrote:
hehe...sucker punch. Priceless

I thought that was funny too.

Reenee
May 25, 2003, 05:06 PM
I don't get it.

I really don't.

LamerPanda
May 25, 2003, 05:12 PM
Even if you disagree with everything bad I've said about this movie, there's one point I think everyone can agree on: Keanu Reeve's ass does not need to be seen, ever.

Can't argue with that. x_x Scariest thing in the movie.

Nerd
May 26, 2003, 01:44 AM
The original Matrix wasn't that good.

Cowboy
May 26, 2003, 02:30 AM
I think the Matrix: reloaded was one of the best movies of all time! the voice in my head said so!

SorceressofTime
May 26, 2003, 06:07 AM
that was kinda amusing but generally, maddox has no life whatsoever. -_-;;;

let's put it this way: the fight scenes were frickin mad and those of who do a martial art should have gotten a few ideas of how they choreographed them. (people can be idiots sometimes ><)
though, i found that when neo flew away, "doing his superman thing again" was a bit tacky but i laughed and enjoyed the movie anyway. (not like some stupid people)

and what's this about keanu's ass? what's wrong with it? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif hey well, i was even happy to see him with his top off, then i got a bonus. XD

Ness
May 26, 2003, 06:27 AM
On 2003-05-26 04:07, SorceressofTime wrote:
that was kinda amusing but generally, maddox has no life whatsoever. -_-;;;

let's put it this way: the fight scenes were frickin mad and those of who do a martial art should have gotten a few ideas of how they choreographed them. (people can be idiots sometimes ><)
though, i found that when neo flew away, "doing his superman thing again" was a bit tacky but i laughed and enjoyed the movie anyway. (not like some stupid people)

and what's this about keanu's ass? what's wrong with it? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif hey well, i was even happy to see him with his top off, then i got a bonus. XD

I actually liked the movie. I disagreed with everything he said about The Matrix in that article except for the part about Keanu's ass.

rena-ko
May 26, 2003, 07:46 AM
as hard as it sounds, and as much as i enjoyed the movie in average, i second mentioned page's review.

some scenes where really great (like the fighting scenes) but most of them had smaller flaws ('and again he does the superman'), other scenes where kinda unneccessary.

imho, they could have shortened the movie for about 30 minutes... i wouldnt have mind at all.

and as much as i like reeves, he played like he was stoned almost all of the time.

hm, and about his ass... most people are really homophobe.

well... good thing is that its only half a year for the conclusioning part - not that long of a wait like with lord of the rings...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2003-05-26 05:47 ]</font>

Scan_Man
May 26, 2003, 01:44 PM
I still think that one the worst parts in the movie was when Cowboy Curtis gives his "It is the end of the world, so everybody do the Hokey-Pokey" speech. It looked and sounded like Othello was reading cue cards while also suffering from a mental impairment in that scene.

Ness
May 26, 2003, 04:28 PM
On 2003-05-26 11:44, Scan_Man wrote:
I still think that one the worst parts in the movie was when Cowboy Curtis gives his "It is the end of the world, so everybody do the Hokey-Pokey" speech. It looked and sounded like Othello was reading cue cards while also suffering from a mental impairment in that scene.

I didn't remember that one.

Guile
May 26, 2003, 04:38 PM
Flux capacitor hahaha ahhh thats great....
Yeah the movie was'nt that great..infact I would'nt see it again...and Yes I did understand the movie so for the people who liked it don't try and tell me that's why I did'nt like it.

Ness
May 26, 2003, 04:47 PM
On 2003-05-26 14:38, Guile wrote:
Flux capacitor hahaha ahhh thats great....
Yeah the movie was'nt that great..infact I would'nt see it again...and Yes I did understand the movie so for the people who liked it don't try and tell me that's why I did'nt like it.

I hate it when people do that. They always think that you didn't understand or that you don't know what you're talking about just because you disagree with something.

LamerPanda
May 26, 2003, 05:39 PM

Or they just don't find him attractive and thought the scene was pretty pointless. n.n; Can't think of any particular other actors I'd rather have seen, but... not Keanu, we'll leave it at that.

LollipopLolita
May 26, 2003, 07:10 PM
he could have an ass double

Ness
May 26, 2003, 08:45 PM

What does that have to do with showing his rear? You don't have to be homophobic to not enjoy seeing the private parts of the same sex.

Auracom
May 26, 2003, 09:10 PM
That time machine picture is classic.

Guntz348
May 26, 2003, 09:12 PM
On 2003-05-26 17:10, LollipopLolita wrote:
he could have an ass double

It wasn't me, it was a stunt butt!!

Ian D
May 26, 2003, 09:40 PM
He has one tight ass, I'd know.

polishedweasel
May 27, 2003, 12:35 AM
On 2003-05-26 19:40, Ian D wrote:
He has one tight ass, I'd know.

Oh my dear God... You did the "Grown Up" to Keanu's bum bum.

Back on topic...having to explain the movie while you're watching it gets annoying. Although I'm a bit confused about that one guy that was trying to kill Neo. Was he the traitor from the first Matrix movie? I can't remember. I suck.

Guile
May 27, 2003, 01:44 AM
The part where everyone is dancing and you see like 20 people's nipples...SUCKED!!
I had no clue if the nipple was male or female, I was so confused I just shut my eyes
I did'nt know if I could enjoy it or not!

Trinity scares me...

LollipopLolita
May 27, 2003, 01:48 AM
that homophobic or unsecured with your sexuality? just let loose and enjoy all nipples, even canine and feline

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-05-26 23:48 ]</font>

polishedweasel
May 27, 2003, 01:50 AM
On 2003-05-26 23:48, LollipopLolita wrote:
that homophobic or unsecured with your sexuality? just let loose and enjoy all nipples, even canine and feline

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-05-26 23:48 ]</font>

Lollie? Are you ok sweetheart? um...and what about beluga whale nipples? do whales even have nipples?

Scan_Man
May 27, 2003, 12:00 PM
Be glad it wasn't Batman and Robin nipples.

RaVenous_Monk
May 27, 2003, 02:12 PM
great movie despite the obvious absences of flubber, Glavin.

simpsons rule

LollipopLolita
May 27, 2003, 02:30 PM
whales nurse their young and give them milk since they are mammals so yes they have nipples.

SubstanceD
May 27, 2003, 03:48 PM
I actually liked the Matrix Reloaded and had very few problems with it. Sure I think that it was not up to the standard of the first film, but you know what, I was not expecting it to be. The beauty of the first film was that it came from absoluty nowhere and caught everyone with it's new specila effects and teh fact that it was an action movie that actually threw in a complex plot with many complex themes. With all the hype that the Matrix sequels were recieving it was impossible for them to live up to it all.

The only part about Reloaded that I really did not like was the bit where Morpheus gives his little speach to the the people of Zion and then afterwards they all start dancing ( actually it was more like rave ), I just did not see the point of that scene, the Movie would have moved just as well with out it, all they needed to do was focus on what Trinity and Neo were doing back at thier place. They also could have easily futhered the plot between Niobi and Morpheus without the speech or the dancing.

My only other complaint was that some of the fight scenes felt forced, that they were just added in to satisfy action junkies since that is what more or less made the first movie ( at leats all the fight scenes in that one were justified ), the first fight with Agent Smith just seemed to spring up out the middle of nowhere ( what was he doing there, how did he know Neo was there, where did he come from, he just appeared out of nowhere into nowhere ), actually the same thing applies to the second fight as well, how did he get in there ( into one of the Matrix' back doors with out a key ).

Ness
May 27, 2003, 03:58 PM
A sequel is rarely as good or better than the first.