PDA

View Full Version : GC: Help me out with Bellsouth DSL, here.

Samson
May 25, 2003, 07:25 PM
Anyone out there that can help me connect with my Gamecube, and Bellsouth DSL? I keep getting error 100 no matter what i do! This has got to stop, and I have got to get online. To answer some common questions:
1. I do have a router, but I have also tried plugging directly into the DSL modem as well.
2. I have called Nintendo, Sega, and Bellsouth. They played hot potato with my problems, and it ended with a cretin at Bellsouth that didn't know if she could breath on her own. Total dolt...
3. I have tried DHCP, Static IP, and PPPoE settings. With the first two, I get Error No. 100, with the third I get an error in the 30 range (I think).
4. When I connect, I see the visual lobby, with those things spinning, and trees, and stars outside...but my characters will not appear and the isometric camera angle does not change.

HELP ME!
You can IM me (on AIM, of course) as Melfice1.
Or Email me @ [email protected]

Samson
May 26, 2003, 10:56 AM
Gah, just realized that I put this in the wrong section! *Explodes*

bOnecRUSHER
Jun 3, 2003, 11:18 PM
well you are in luck i have the xbox version and i guess the same problem. I can actually help you compared to those retards at bellsouth, just reply with your email because its kind of a long explanation, but its very simple...

Xboxjunkie
Jun 8, 2003, 12:06 PM
I have DSL From Bellsouth and Hook Mine Up Direct and have never had a problem Connecting to Xbox Live
maybe its something to do with game cube.

Kaahtt
Jun 9, 2003, 09:12 AM
Ok, If you have a home network set up as PPPoE then you must go into the PPPoE settings on your system and put in all of your login information... As, your [email protected] password and DNS server must be Bellsouth.net

Thats all that you would really have to do...

if you have any more trouble, just pm me

alexunit01
Jul 28, 2003, 11:16 AM
On 2003-06-03 21:18, bOnecRUSHER wrote:
well you are in luck i have the xbox version and i guess the same problem. I can actually help you compared to those retards at bellsouth, just reply with your email because its kind of a long explanation, but its very simple...

can you send me the instructions? my dad runs the network in out house.. and he wont change it to PPPoE.... we have a lynksis router, so if there is any way to keep it DHCP please tell me... if not... then send me whatever help you can.. maybe I can persuade him O.o

[email protected]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: alexunit01 on 2003-07-28 09:17 ]</font>

Virus-Warren
Jul 28, 2003, 06:51 PM
Well I have the same problem with my gamecube too. I have a question though what modem and software version do you use for the modem do you use? I have bellsouth DSL and my modem is a westell and I found out it is either the software version or something that went wrong somewhere. How I know this is because my gamecube used to connect and now it doesn't because of the upgrade in software.

alexunit01
Jul 29, 2003, 02:30 AM
got the same modem....dont know if its hte software.. cuz its been like this since i got it... about a week ago

Virus-Warren
Aug 3, 2003, 06:51 PM
OK listen up everyone. I know how to fix this and I'll pm the two others with the problem. The thing is the software cancels out the built in routers connection to the gamecube. The way to fix it is to go into the modem settings and change the connection from PPPoE to Bridged Ethernet. Now after this you need to set all the PPPoE settings into your gamecube and also connect the gamecube directly to the modem. This will cancel your network since you lose the router, but you can get a new router or change the connection back after you are done. Note that this is what I did to my modem and now I can get online, but my modem is a Westell 2100 dual connect. So now you know what to do I hope this works for you like it did for me.