PDA

View Full Version : Episode 1 or Episode 2? What do you like prefer to play?

StevieF414
May 26, 2003, 07:28 AM
Episode 1 or Episode 2? What do you prefer to play?
Please share you comments. Thanks! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

DOSError
May 26, 2003, 07:42 AM
Episode 1 for me, I don't really like episode 2..

MasterForce
May 26, 2003, 01:01 PM
I always beaf up my character in episode 1 then go kick ass in episode 2

Last_Survivor
May 26, 2003, 01:23 PM
Im just really really tired of ep.1 and I love all of the ep.2 stages except temple and especially seabed and jungle, and seaside oh yeah cant forget mountains jungle is great (spaceship is good too).

Nai_Calus
May 26, 2003, 02:50 PM
Episode 2. Especially Temple. I adore Temple above all else. Especially when I get a Temple Beta layout where you can line up those off-shore archways with the sun... Beautiful. I really don't understand why people seem to hate Temple. I like it better than most of the CCA stages... Then again, I think Rati are sexy and agree with Elly's opinions on Garanz and robot design, so what do I know? :-P

AynRand
May 26, 2003, 02:54 PM
I prefer episode 2, ep1 got boring back on the DC

Garanz2
May 26, 2003, 02:54 PM
I much prefer episode 2. It's less repetitive and much better looking.

By the way ian, what is Elly's opinion on Garanz?

Nai_Calus
May 26, 2003, 03:10 PM
Elly on the subject of Garanz. "Hmm... This machine may look cool to most people, but I think it looks dumb. I prefer the smart, sleek looking designs. They're more efficient."
At least they don't remind her of an ex-boyfriend, unlike Delsabers. >_>;;;
Elly must have -bad- taste in men. Then again, this is Elly we're talking about. Brr.

davidwid
May 26, 2003, 03:32 PM
Definetely episode 2, but I always play offline to skip the first two levels which are tacked on from Dreamcast days.

Frozt
May 26, 2003, 03:34 PM
Nah episode 2 is better playing I dont approve of the temple but when you get to the control station its pretty much hot and loads of fun the scenery is beatiful the poisenous plants are fun for killing and especialy the jungle is one of my favs but topping that is the seabed lower levels nothing beats the watery halls and the ResidentEvil feel as you walk down the narrow hall way while your legs are surrounded by dirty water it truely is worth the work.

Hideki
May 26, 2003, 05:47 PM
I really like Episode 2. The graphics are beautiful. I just can't stand the Temple.

Episode 1 is still very fun but when you come from the DC, it is very old.

mightyJoeDunn
May 26, 2003, 05:51 PM
I prefer to play in Episode 2 because of the monsters and scenery, but Episode 1 is easier, so I play there more, until my character is strong enough for Episode 2.

Sharkyland
May 26, 2003, 09:26 PM
Episode 1. Episode 2 for rares.

VioletSkye
May 26, 2003, 09:49 PM
I prefer Ep.2, but like many here, I don't care for the Temple or Spaceship levels. CCA and on ROCKS!!!

Nai_Calus
May 26, 2003, 10:40 PM
Am I the only person in the entire universe that likes Temple? @_@;;; Dude. It's CCA that drives me nuts. Long. Boring. The same 3 enemies over and over again, until you get to CCA proper, where they add a whole entire 4th enemy type! Wow! *sarc* Temple has a variety of monsters, the possibility of rare variants on a couple of 'em, better music -and- it's prettier. And the maze-like layouts RULE. I got so fricking lost in Temple the first time, didn't know what the hell I was doing... Heh. It was great. I still love Temple above all else. Seabed's pretty cool, though. Mmm. Delbiter.

phasma
May 27, 2003, 04:08 AM
I got so fricking lost in Temple the first time, didn't know what the hell I was doing... Heh. It was great.

ARE YOUUUU INSSAAANEEEE?!! hahaha

I like episode 2 better

But, I'll go get my char nicely chunkified in ep1 before I sniff engine coolant and run my HUcast through ultimate Jungle.

SubstanceD
May 27, 2003, 06:48 AM
I spend aproximatly 98% of my spare time playing Episode 1. For me it is easier to level up there and your chances of finding rares seems to be greater. Still seeing as how I have more or less done the Episode 1 levels to death back on Version 1 on the Dreamcast it is nice to have the variety of Episode 2.

I like VR Temple but I hate the Maze bits, those just plain suck. I am one of the few out there that actually likes VR Spaceship. I love Jungle/Seaside/Mountains/Central Control. Probably the only levle that I hate is Seabed wich reminds me too much about all the NEGETIVE things about Caves, Mines and Ruins, to me Seabed is just to bland and un-original.

At the end of the day I have no preference although I will continue to spend most of my spare time on Episode 1 untill I just can't stand the monotany anymore.

Dhylec
May 27, 2003, 08:30 AM
i like both..
ep1 - we all know too well http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
ep2 - something different, sealab2 give me the creeps but that's good..
i'm running thru spaceship for item report, even though i dislike certain things..

RuneScapeMan
May 27, 2003, 09:55 AM
I like episode 2 best cuz there are more monsters there so it's better training there.
And the graphics are SOOOO much better and it's harder landscapes and so on....
I play CCA all the time cuz it's so damn fun!

Skeevecr
May 28, 2003, 09:59 AM
I think I'd vote for ep2, but my opinion of it is always dragged down by those stupid little enclosed rooms in the temple, they aren't fun and look amateurish in the extreme when they spawn something tall in them that doesn't fit properly. Its a shame really as the open air parts of the temple are some of my favourite parts of pso.

Nai_Calus
May 28, 2003, 12:30 PM
Heh, yeah, I always -have- wondered how they fit that Hildebear in that hallway. :-P

JusticeBringer
May 28, 2003, 01:09 PM
I prefer episode 2 over one in how it is more appealing to the eye. Then again I prefer to play episode 1 when I am making new chars or when I am just going for experience because it is easier.

CGoodness
May 29, 2003, 03:43 PM
Temple is my favorite stage along with caves. I hate mines along with spaceship. I cant decide.

MagnumOpus
May 29, 2003, 04:29 PM
I enjoying playing both Ep. 1 & 2.
Lately I have been playing ep. 2, I just love the levels (the layout, graphics, music, etc.) Its great.
Jungle and Moutain levels are gorgeous. In ep. 1, I don't know why a lot of PSO players dislike caves, I think its great, online my game is like a rotating door, people ask for a pipe, I lay one down, they see its caves, then split. hahahahahahaha. I dont dislike any of the levels, its all good.
Peace, Love, and Hair Grease!
CHEERS!

The best part that keeps me playing PSO, is going rare monster hunting, to see a Hildeblue, Pal Rappy, Hildetorr, Love Rappy, etc., man that just rocks!

In the end, the love you take, is equal to the love, you make.......

rena-ko
May 30, 2003, 07:32 AM
hm... actually i like all areas... just some i like more, like cca, mines and forest ^_^

but i spend around 80% of my offline-playtime in ep1 - to level up, to do the quests and to do quest runs to level up...

online its different - i spend more time in ep2 online than offline...

i'd say... 80:20 offline and 40:60 online

Auracom
May 30, 2003, 02:40 PM
I really don't mind either way http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif
EPII is always a great time "no slacking."
EPI is fun now matter what cause I can slack all I want and not die lol.

WeinerTrick
May 30, 2003, 03:18 PM
Episode II Gal De Val Island and Seabed without a doubt.

Offline they are a breeze but ONLINE?! It takes ages to gain exp and level up. It's because of this that people don't play it online, and go for easy exp in episode I heatsword quest. If only sega could fix it and make it so you get double the exp or something, then it would be worthwhile!

Whatever exp you would get in episode I for VHARD, you'd be getting Ultimate exp for episode II in VHARD. (100 for vhard booma, 350 for vhard gibbons)

Now that would be a good reason to play on ep 2 eh?

AzureBlaze
May 30, 2003, 11:51 PM
I love the way Gal Da Val island and seabed all look, but my problem has always been with the enemy density/difficulty.

Yeah, the monsters are different and cool, and the scenery can't be beat. I'm also tired of E1 because...well, we've all been doing it since Ver.1 on the DC.

But the EXP, and rare drops seem soooo much better on Ep 1, that it just dosn't seem all that worth while to go on 2 much, unless it's a quest of some sort, where you can be assured of plenty per room.

And no 5 mile jogs either, or waiting a while for things to spawn/not run away. The other trouble I have is with hitting them. (as a HUcast on ult)Gee become nearly impossible to hit, and Zol Gibbons take ages to die, just because the first 2 strikes mostly come up a 'miss'. And since these monsters seem to have a reeeely low drop rate, (Especially seabed), it's all the more important to have zillions of them.

While I'll still go on Forest to Fallz runs, you probably won't find me in any Temple to Olga runs.

kat
May 31, 2003, 12:10 AM
I voted for episode one...

Because, frankly, I haven't played episode II enough to get comfortable with it, the bad guys and the bosses... I've only been to seabed once.

I think that once I get more accustomed to ep II I may change my mind, but only time will tell...

Lman90245
May 31, 2003, 01:21 AM
On 2003-05-26 20:40, Ian-KunX wrote:
Am I the only person in the entire universe that likes Temple? @_@;;; Dude. It's CCA that drives me nuts. Long. Boring. The same 3 enemies over and over again, until you get to CCA proper, where they add a whole entire 4th enemy type! Wow! *sarc* Temple has a variety of monsters, the possibility of rare variants on a couple of 'em, better music -and- it's prettier. And the maze-like layouts RULE. I got so fricking lost in Temple the first time, didn't know what the hell I was doing... Heh. It was great. I still love Temple above all else. Seabed's pretty cool, though. Mmm. Delbiter.

Temple really sucks in Ultimate... ob's everywhere >_<