PDA

View Full Version : xbox: when does new stuff come out?

saturn-fan
May 26, 2003, 12:51 PM
ive only had the game a couple of days cos im english, but i was wondering when more quests are gonna come out cos i used to use Towards The Future to lvl up on the dreamcast and that quest rocked. also i like quest rares. so have there been and release dates set for quests? thanks in advance http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ancutcho
May 26, 2003, 01:06 PM
i think maybe next month xbox will get some updates cause that when some people will start paying to play. so maybe once they collect the money from us then they'll use it to put more quest and stuff up.

Samm
May 26, 2003, 01:34 PM
I hope so. I was well dissapointed to find only two online quests available. And one of those isn't really a 'quest' as such. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Nidarrock
May 26, 2003, 03:20 PM
I agree, probably sometime after June 15th. Sooner than later prefered, but I don't see it coming too soon. Doesn't matter too much, I'm fine with what I have now for the moment.

davidwid
May 26, 2003, 03:25 PM
Well cheapskate for SEGA for not adding more content. I am thinking about cancelling once my free subscription is over. They should at least add one or two new ones to make people believe that it is worth paying the monthly fee.

Frozt
May 26, 2003, 03:37 PM
Face is man the game was purely meant for the cube the xbox version is good for the voice chat but would you really want to go through all that trouble just for that and mech assualt does get very boring after you thrash every building in sight for 3 hrs strait.

Rated_Lexxx
May 26, 2003, 04:29 PM
Tell me u didnt just say that. From what i hear from everyone the Game Sucks on The LameCube. Its hella better on xbox....and well the xbox is better then lamecube for my game needs

BionicPatriot
May 26, 2003, 05:11 PM
On the ***cube version it has hacks like crazy. And yes it blows.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IceBlink on 2003-05-27 02:35 ]</font>

Rated_Lexxx
May 26, 2003, 05:16 PM
thank you. But is there anything sega or xbox do against hackers like D2 on the comp

Scrub
May 26, 2003, 05:51 PM
BionicPatriot, don't make use the word Gay like it's a bad thing.u_u It's not nice. Besides, You and Rated_Lexxx calling the Gamecube bad without good reasoning to back it up just makes me want to kill myself for owning such a poor system.e_e If you're gonna insult something, at least do it RIGHT!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scrub on 2003-05-26 15:52 ]</font>

Rated_Lexxx
May 26, 2003, 06:17 PM
Ok you want reason. I didn't want to go out on a long thing about which system is better but here we go. I'll start with PS2. The hardware on the ps2 is the weakest out of the three(in other words outdated) The games have been dispointing me lately. Nothing really great out there and every game they have I like is on x-box( and x-box has the better version of every game) ps2 and game cube do not have built in harddrive( A big plus for x-ox) and game cube can't play dvds or regualr cd( a big negative for game cube) Game cube has to many damn kid games. ALl cartooney and frankly nothing I like. It is the second stronges system wsie. x-box is the strongest system hardware wise. has a built in harddrive like I said. Microsoft backs it up which is a major plus. I love the controller for the x-box after I got use to it. ps2 is good but outdated., and game cube is way to creepy. Want to hear more I could give it.

Scrub
May 26, 2003, 06:56 PM
xD No, I just wanted you to do something I said. Now, I say Go get me some Oatmeal Pies, them's goooood eating!

Rated_Lexxx
May 26, 2003, 09:03 PM
Scrub ur turn defind the Lamecube

Jkid
May 26, 2003, 09:49 PM
How come for some reason the Gamecube ver. is having all the fun. Don't you guys feel ripped off?

Galith
May 27, 2003, 02:11 AM
On 2003-05-26 16:17, Rated_Lexxx wrote:
Ok you want reason. I didn't want to go out on a long thing about which system is better but here we go. I'll start with PS2. The hardware on the ps2 is the weakest out of the three(in other words outdated) The games have been dispointing me lately. Nothing really great out there and every game they have I like is on x-box( and x-box has the better version of every game) ps2 and game cube do not have built in harddrive( A big plus for x-ox) and game cube can't play dvds or regualr cd( a big negative for game cube) Game cube has to many damn kid games. ALl cartooney and frankly nothing I like. It is the second stronges system wsie. x-box is the strongest system hardware wise. has a built in harddrive like I said. Microsoft backs it up which is a major plus. I love the controller for the x-box after I got use to it. ps2 is good but outdated., and game cube is way to creepy. Want to hear more I could give it.

I think I hear the other sheep calling, you should move in with the herd.

LOL, I think Scrub just owned you. You fell for it with your eyes wide open. *dies laughing*

phasma
May 27, 2003, 04:28 AM
Difficult to compare "stronger" and "weaker" systems when they're built with a totaly different architechture.

Spelling...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: phasma on 2003-05-27 02:32 ]</font>

IceBlink
May 27, 2003, 04:37 AM
Oi, enough. Stop flaming and get back to topic. o_O

saffaya
May 27, 2003, 05:33 AM
Naka Likes GameCube.
Naka Despises Xbox.

Clear enough ?

JP Xbox is out since 16th of Jan so lots of people are already paying each month, and still only 2 online quests: winback forest and caves.
And impossible to trade photon drops in Gallon's quest.

saturn-fan
May 27, 2003, 06:57 AM
how long did it take for gc stuff to come out?

Rated_Lexxx
May 27, 2003, 08:57 AM
the x-box version has been out a month. It's easy btw to find out which hardware is faster and better by looking on the box the games came in. I worked at wal-mart and read up on the information and gave customers all the information on every ssytem. at the time( about a year ago) ps2 was the best at the time but it has become really bad now. I look at the quality of games for both the x-box and gamecube...and well x-box has a better games. From what I heard HALO 2 is rising the bar for all video games. at e3 sony guys say the just the demo of the game and got worried. I mean I have access and own two of the big three( I own a ps2 and x-box) I am selling my ps2 ten games memory card extra contoller for 200...no one has bought it and I have been trying for a month now. Game cube...my 8 year old niece loves( even though its my brothers and he never plays it now) That is what gamecube is geared towards. Younger kids...with a few excpection almost games( resident evil which is good but not enough games like that for me want to own it) It comes down to what systems off the indviual taste for games. x-box offers more mature games, beter fighting games, and so on and so on and so on. I guess I am done.

Rated_Lexxx
May 27, 2003, 09:14 AM
the x-box version has been out a month. It's easy btw to find out which hardware is faster and better by looking on the box the games came in. I worked at wal-mart and read up on the information and gave customers all the information on every ssytem. at the time( about a year ago) ps2 was the best at the time but it has become really bad now. I look at the quality of games for both the x-box and gamecube...and well x-box has a better games. From what I heard HALO 2 is rising the bar for all video games. at e3 sony guys say the just the demo of the game and got worried. I mean I have access and own two of the big three( I own a ps2 and x-box) I am selling my ps2 ten games memory card extra contoller for 200...no one has bought it and I have been trying for a month now. Game cube...my 8 year old niece loves( even though its my brothers and he never plays it now) That is what gamecube is geared towards. Younger kids...with a few excpection almost games( resident evil which is good but not enough games like that for me want to own it) It comes down to what systems off the indviual taste for games. x-box offers more mature games, beter fighting games, and so on and so on and so on. I guess I am done.

RedFox
May 27, 2003, 09:48 AM
ahem... *clears throat*

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

im tired of all this console flaming...

Rated_Lexxx
May 27, 2003, 04:16 PM
Im sorry I amnot trying to flame...and atleast didn't start. I atleast gave facts and gave each system there props

GuerillaPimp
May 27, 2003, 10:25 PM
yea im also highly irrate that the GC has two, count them TWO brand new quests within a two month period. Since when did ST release quests back to back like that??? if ST isnt gonna add any new shit, they should at least lower the HL to 4.95 or sumthin

GuerillaPimp
May 27, 2003, 10:28 PM
yea im also highly irrate that the GC has two, count them TWO brand new quests within a two month period. Since when did ST release quests back to back like that??? if ST isnt gonna add any new shit, they should at least lower the HL to 4.95 or sumthin

K9999
May 27, 2003, 10:42 PM
I heard once the fees start kicking in the content will arrive.

saffaya
May 28, 2003, 06:02 AM
I heard once the fees start kicking in the content will arrive.

Like I said, JP version is out since January and still nothing.
I'm glad I'm not paying $9/month for abscence of content.

BionicPatriot
May 28, 2003, 09:03 AM
Saffaya the JP version has been out for a while yes ur correct. However, that's japan my freind. No one know's whats going on in that version cuz' we never see any news updates for it. The servers are seperate. So our money go to sega of america to get our quests while there's gos to sega of japan. So I am guessing that by the time the cash flows, the quests flow......

GuerillaPimp
May 28, 2003, 09:05 AM
...or maybe someone has a JP xbox with the JP version of PSO and knows that there ARENT any new quests for xbox... And do you think MS would let JP have a quest and not the US...thats a good way to keep the US Xbox live users hooked. Especially when paying 8.95 a month

davidwid
May 29, 2003, 12:18 AM
Well, if this is the case, XBOX owners not getting anything (which is the case in Japan).... booo hoo for Sonic Team. I will be especially curious to see what kind of content they are going to add for PSOX by end of July. If they are not adding new stuffs quick that would be the death of my XBOX. To quote that people are buying XBOX more because they have better games is like.....retarded. XBOX has the worst game selection out of the three systems, I wish the fact is not true, but it is. Sure whenever the same game comes out for all consoles, the XBOX version will get some nifty bonus, but other than that the games are blah. PS2 is still the king when it comes to high quality games, Nintendo close in second place (only because they have those beloved mascots), XBOX is mainly US games (FPS, and tons of craps). I do love PSOX way better, I think voice chat rules and I cannot wait for True Fantasy Online. I am hoping that we will get more quests for PSOX once people start paying.

Reenee
May 29, 2003, 12:27 AM
On 2003-05-27 03:33, saffaya wrote:
Naka Likes GameCube.
Naka Despises Xbox.

Naka Despises...PS2.

I don't care. I proudly own a PS2 and a Gamecube. Screw the technology. I want a good game. Gameboy Advance isn't using the technology a PS2 uses and look how it's doing.

Might I add that the XBox has horrible hacking problems than the GC PSO version? GC duping is all we worry about. XBox has Mag Cells that shouldn't be released yet. Defend THAT.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shapiro on 2003-05-28 22:29 ]</font>

davidwid
May 29, 2003, 12:29 AM
I love my XBOX for all the things it has over the other two systems. I despise my XBOX for lack of better games, clearly I am not the intended target market since I couldnt care less about Halo, Brute Force, Ghost Recon, or any FPS shooters game (and tons of US based games). Trust me I tried those games and tried very hard to like em, but they gave me headache. Metroid Prime is by far the best FPS game ever, beats HALO by a million points!!

So if any of you guys know the fact that Yuji Naka clearly favors GameCube over XBOX, then its time to cancel my PSOX and back to Cube. Actually the duped items on the Cube is not a problem at all. Its nice to get something for free without having to spend hours going to the same area over and over (I had enough of Episode 1, really!!). I just wish that more new content will be added for the XBOX version. It worries me that PSOX Japan still got nothing when it comes to content and it has been out for 4 months already,

davidwid
May 29, 2003, 12:34 AM
Dang now I know why PSO is not released for PS2, a bad move from SEGA and Sonic Team, they could make much more money and stay out of trouble. Oh well, to each of their own. Though I am not suprised that Naka despises the XBOX, all the programming for XBOX comes in english and not japanese... LOL

AynRand
May 29, 2003, 04:47 AM
C7 to C9 and Exchange Photon Drops in Gallons shop is out now on JP XBOX PSO. I'd assume USA ver will have new quests soon.

primer567
May 29, 2003, 06:54 AM
Naka Likes GameCube.
Naka Despises Xbox.

Whoa whoa whoa, no way in hell does he despise Xbox.

RuneScapeMan
May 29, 2003, 03:27 PM
Umm...
Heh, I like to own people so here's my reasons:

Why do you think that the Xbox verson it's so much better? And hardware isn't everything cuz it doesn't lag anything... And those hacking things on the Xbox isn't very nice either ^^... But voice chat seems good but not for me and many other europeans cuz my english is bad, and the xbox verson isn't very economic if you know what I mean... I really enjoy taking a break from online a week or two just playing offline for free to do quests and defeat Olga, Dark Falz. And I have four friends with pso and you might not belive me but three of em got gamecube and one of em play it on Xbox, and the wierd thing is that my friend with Xbox wants the gamecube verson instead! And he's got gamecube too so he'll probably buy it. And he bought gamecube first and Xbox just so he can play a few games for Xbox only such as Halo and Blinx... but I must agree that Xbox hardware is better but(this is off topic...) if you don't have a gamecube, you'll miss great titles such as Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Sonic(ól sega continues making sonic games nly for gamecube), Pokémon(Err... Umm... Well it's a great title so...) and many more... And i know that Xbox has some PC games only for Xbox too but admit that those I mentioned above are bigger... Back to PSO, level 200 hacks aren't very fun eh? And I guess that those level 200 cheaters play online too so if you reaCH level 200 without cheats(might happen), you will be treated as a hacker just like those with double cannon get's treated like dupe-users if you know what I mean.

That's all I could think about now, but that's probably all.

RuneScapeMan
May 29, 2003, 03:42 PM
Oh man, I can't belive I just forgot one of the most horrible things with the Xbox verson:

You can't play gallon's shop quest(Yet...)

Akuma_the_HUcast
May 29, 2003, 04:05 PM
On 2003-05-26 15:11, BionicPatriot wrote:
On the ***cube version it has hacks like crazy. And yes it blows.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IceBlink on 2003-05-27 02:35 ]</font>

hey x box has so many dupes its not funny and x box still has more hell a hell of a lot more hacks then gc so stop being a idiot please.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-05-29 14:23 ]</font>

LunarShadowX
May 29, 2003, 04:20 PM
Personally, I don't see why everyone is trying to make a certain system seem better than another. Who the hell cares? A system is a system, it plays games, who cares which one has the better version of a particular game. I find it funny that all these people are trying to force their opinions upon others, even though it is futile since everyone that would reply to this topic is stubborn as hell. I also don't like how now the arguing is getting to the point where profanities are being used. By using profanities, you just show how much you lack in communication skills.

Personally, I have the XBox version of PSO. And do you know why? Because I own an XBox, and not a Gamecube. There you go. I don't believe either version is better, each one has its ups and downs.

And the only viable reason I can see as to why people would constantly argue over which one is better is because they feel insecure in their choice and are trying to rationalize to the world their decision in order to feel better. They may also fear there being a lack of players online in their respective version, and thus try and force their opinions upon others, sometimes going as low as using lies and profanities, to try and keep a lot of people online in their version. Lastly, there's also the superiority complex. It is apparent to me that a ridiculous number of people here have. They think that nearly everything they do and/or own is better than the other, and if the other person disagrees, they try and prove that they are superior. Get over it. To all those that this applies, you need to learn how to accept failure and inferiority, regardless of whether or not this applies to which version of PSO you own.

Anyways, I'm done with that short rant. I'm just tired of the endless cycle of "my PSO is better than yours." Peace out.

GrailKnight
May 29, 2003, 04:34 PM
I've recently bought the xbox version of PSO and in my opinion, it's best on the xbox. In any case, it's hard to find any information on the xbox version. Of course, the GameCube version is almost identical to the xbox version. However, it would be nice to have a PSO xbox site. If any one of you could direct me to site like that, I would be most thankful.

Now, I read through the flames on this board. Very amusing. People arguing over one's opinions. Maybe it would be too intelligent to look at the facts. GameCube is in third, that's last place. They're losing sales in Europe, even the Wind Waker couldn't rescue their sales in that region. Call me a sheep or what have you, but facts are facts. Microsoft's xbox live service is out selling PS2's broadband adapters, which means xbox has the most people playing online. GameCube doesn't even have an online presence.

Also, throw in the INCLUDED hard drive and nic(ethernet card) with the xbox and you've got a great deal. Something people would spend their money on, knowing full well they won't have to buy add-ons, hard drives, modems and what have you.

Lets take a step back and look how much money was thrown at their advertising campaigns, both gamecube and xbox, then ask why, oh why is gamecube in last place according to sales figures. If your going to flame, stop with the childish name calling and bantering and just look at the facts.

Lastly, I actually don't want to see Nintendo go the way of Sega and I doubt it will happen. Nintendo has their handheld market wrapped up in a neat little package, with financial success guaranteed. One last thing, I do find it funny how people call the GameCube a kiddy system when they(Nintendo) allowed BMX XXX on their system, uncensored, while it was censored on the PS2. In my opinion, the worst console is the PS2. Well, that's my two cents, now, off to play PSOX and Enter the Matrix.

~Eric

Jack
May 29, 2003, 05:02 PM
On 2003-05-29 14:34, GrailKnight wrote:They're losing sales in Europe, even the Wind Waker couldn't rescue their sales in that region. Call me a sheep or what have you, but facts are facts. Microsoft's xbox live service is out selling PS2's broadband adapters, which means xbox has the most people playing online. GameCube doesn't even have an online presence.
~Eric

1. The race between Microsoft and Nintendo for second place is constantly neck and neck. No one company is in definite second, they're about equal.

2. Of course Xbox Live has more sales than PS2 Network Adapters - Live! has been out a lot longer. And the GC does have an online presence. Admitted, it's currently one game, but it's still there. Factor in the fact that any GC LAN title can be played online (Nintendo and Gamespy have brokered a deal to include Gamespy's tunnelling software in LAN titles like Mario Kart, with no PC software required, effectively making them online), and the GC's online presence will develop increasingly over the coming years.

Richard
May 29, 2003, 05:27 PM
On 2003-05-28 22:27, Shapiro wrote:
Might I add that the XBox has horrible hacking problems than the GC PSO version? GC duping is all we worry about. XBox has Mag Cells that shouldn't be released yet. Defend THAT.

Yeah, because we all know those Flame Garments and 200 Mind Sato Mags on Gamecube definitely WERE NOT HACKED.

/sarcasm

Both versions have hacks, this really isn't a valid argument. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ancutcho
May 29, 2003, 05:51 PM
[/quote]

1. The race between Microsoft and Nintendo for second place is constantly neck and neck. No one company is in definite second, they're about equal.

[/quote]

The xbox is safely in second place. it has sold more than twice as many gamecube and games but has sold less then ps2. This is in the us and in europe but gamecube is selling more than xbox only in japan. so in the us xbox is far from last place but also far from first.

Shrevn
May 29, 2003, 09:38 PM
Its been 2 dang long.... waiting for the game ot be updated.. it sucks

primer567
May 29, 2003, 10:23 PM
Yes in US Xbox is winning in sales, still far behind PS2 though.

davidwid
May 29, 2003, 11:17 PM
Geez, a tough call between Cube and XBOX. I have all three systems and XBOX is the least favorite of all three, for me that system is always number three when it comes to games. XBOX games are the worst, they may have a few good ones here and there but overall the selection are pretty nil, then again if you play sport games and FPS, XBOX is your number one choice. PS2 is always the number one in my spot, regardless the fact that is the least powerfull of all three, but the games rock!! Nintendo is a definete second, their games are still the best ones out there, easily crush even the mighty Halo (which for me is also a very bad game compared to Metroid Prime which is the best FPS out there!!).

True, you do get more bang for your bucks with XBOX, but in the long run all the bell and whistles mean nothing if you dont see the games you want to play. The good thing is that each console now starting to position themselves more accurately. PS2 tries to cater to almost all kind of gamers and have the RPG market pretty much covered. GameCube is the one to get for most innovative games (and the lovable nintendo's mascots). XBOX is the one for sports games, FPS, any US/European based games, or PC like games. To each of their own, more competition means better selection for us gamers!!

Shoryu
May 30, 2003, 01:31 AM
if there is one thing i've noticed about these forums, people are very, very GC Oriented. I won't say biased, becasue thats not true -- but the game has been out longer on the GC than XBOX, so that makes sense.
HOWEVER, too many of you fall into the whole "microsoft/xbox sucks, costs more, is worse???"
I've seen such BS topics about how voice chat really isnt great, keyboard is so much better, xbox freezes all the time, your HARD DRIVE CRASHING?? Come on now people.. PSO is PSO.. when we were all on dreamcast we didnt have to deal with this shit, and we shouldnt have to now.

MisoSoup
May 30, 2003, 01:58 AM
Actually I don't like the voice chat that much, but it sure beats the hell out of typing with a software keyboard on the GC. Then again, that's why you can get a free USB adapter for the XBox, which I did. Personally, the GC is my favorite system above all, but I couldn't stand playing PSO without a keyboard to actually talk to people, and I wasn't gonna fork out a bunch of money for a Japanese one. I don't think there's a clear best version of PSO, as Sonic Team finds a way to screw up a 2 year old game that they still can't fix every time they re-release it. The GCN PSO has more quests, sure, but it also has tons of character corruption, no chatting unless you import a keyboard (or get a really shitty american one), and much more frequent FSODs. The XBox has worse graphics in my opinion. Better lighting in places, but gone are the cool effects from the telepipes and the photon launchers, and there are stupid graphical bugs in places at Seaside and the Jungle when you walk in the water. Add to that the fact the game isn't even COMPLETE,the cheating and general stupidity running rampant through the majority of players, and it's pretty damn difficult to say that the XBox version is any better.

phasma
May 30, 2003, 02:20 AM
That has to be the most intelligent, least biased and well articulated reply I have seen on this thread..

You should have more posts to your name with an attitude like that. Niiiiice one http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

saturn-fan
May 30, 2003, 04:49 AM
xbox has great games

Shenmue II
PSOX
Capcom VS snk eo
Halo
Dead or alive 3

and xbox has the best online system of all 3 consoles, and you can rip music to HD!

PS2 has mainly casual gamer games like gta and gay racing games

GC has zelda, which is good but theres no much else that appeals to me

GrailKnight
May 30, 2003, 07:12 AM
On 2003-05-29 15:02, Jack wrote:

On 2003-05-29 14:34, GrailKnight wrote:They're losing sales in Europe, even the Wind Waker couldn't rescue their sales in that region. Call me a sheep or what have you, but facts are facts. Microsoft's xbox live service is out selling PS2's broadband adapters, which means xbox has the most people playing online. GameCube doesn't even have an online presence.
~Eric

2. Of course Xbox Live has more sales than PS2 Network Adapters - Live! has been out a lot longer. And the GC does have an online presence. Admitted, it's currently one game, but it's still there. Factor in the fact that any GC LAN title can be played online (Nintendo and Gamespy have brokered a deal to include Gamespy's tunnelling software in LAN titles like Mario Kart, with no PC software required, effectively making them online), and the GC's online presence will develop increasingly over the coming years.

1. The xbox is clearly in second place in the US and Europe. There is no equality.

2. First, when I talk about online presence, I'm speaking about now, the present and as of now, the GameCube really doesn't have an online presence and if you consider Mario Kart and PSO an online presence, ... Well, I honestly can't think of anything to say to that http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Also, looking at the PS2's installed base and it's popularity, you would imagine that their broadband adapters would be selling like hotcakes? Everyone is a critic, I suppose. Microsoft gives you everything in one bundle. Alot of great games are on the horizon(http://www.xbox.com/e3-03/games, not to mention the ones out and people are still nit-picking. I understand you can't please everyone, but if everyone would be open minded instead of biased to the point where they blind themselves...

Despite my xbox praising, I just love games. It doesn't matter what console they're on, I'll play them. I do own all three consoles, because, like I said, facts are facts. PS2 has the RPG's and what have you, GC has Mario and Zelda, the games that have grown on me and xbox has the innovating games, both online and off, that I want to see. Lastly, I do play PC games alot, as well. I would love to see PSO grow and expand more, but it seems Sonic Team is getting lazy. Again, just my two cents. Oh, one more thing, what is c-mode and how do I go about making some funky mags, like the kapu-kapu, chao's and the cat looking things, my girlfriend would like one. Thanks again for listening to my rant. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Take it easy, folks.

~Eric

ancutcho
May 30, 2003, 07:14 AM
On 2003-05-29 21:17, davidwid wrote:
Geez, a tough call between Cube and XBOX. I have all three systems and XBOX is the least favorite of all three, for me that system is always number three when it comes to games. XBOX games are the worst, they may have a few good ones here and there but overall the selection are pretty nil, then again if you play sport games and FPS, XBOX is your number one choice. PS2 is always the number one in my spot, regardless the fact that is the least powerfull of all three, but the games rock!! Nintendo is a definete second, their games are still the best ones out there, easily crush even the mighty Halo (which for me is also a very bad game compared to Metroid Prime which is the best FPS out there!!).

True, you do get more bang for your bucks with XBOX, but in the long run all the bell and whistles mean nothing if you dont see the games you want to play. The good thing is that each console now starting to position themselves more accurately. PS2 tries to cater to almost all kind of gamers and have the RPG market pretty much covered. GameCube is the one to get for most innovative games (and the lovable nintendo's mascots). XBOX is the one for sports games, FPS, any US/European based games, or PC like games. To each of their own, more competition means better selection for us gamers!!

well that just your opinion that xbox is in last place, but the us and europeans think its in sec place. i think xbox has very good games and that y they sold more games then gamecube has. if they didnt then y would they be selling more games?

TerribleDeliMeat
May 30, 2003, 08:20 PM
Don't expect quests for some time. I've spoken to several Microsoft reps that do not have any upcoming content for PSO. Personally, I assume these were illiterate individuals and am giving them until June 7th before I cancel my HL.

Its only a short wait to a much better online title - Midtown Madness 3.

davidwid
May 30, 2003, 10:40 PM
I guess XBOX games are well received in the US and European market but clearly rejected in Asian market. I personaly do not like those games for XBOX, and wish there are more games from japanese developers.

davidwid
May 30, 2003, 10:42 PM
I guess XBOX games are well received in the US and European market but clearly rejected in Asian market. I personaly do not like those games for XBOX, and wish there are more games from japanese developers.

AndyPandy
May 31, 2003, 03:07 AM
Ok I have been playing Japanese Gamecube Ver 1.0 since launch, switched to 1.1, so I have a fair amount of experience with it. I just bought PSOX the other day, and this is a list of things Ive noticed after approx five hours of playing.

I am talking about the EU PAL version here.

This is playing with ISDN, but up to now, I have experienced no lag what-so-ever.

Pro's. XBOX

More chance of people being banned for abusing the games rules?
Slightly crisper graphics with better shadows.
Better music, when used with optical cable.
Voice comms...I did have my doubts, but this feature really is amazing...no more freaking typing.
Easier to create more characters as you have the XBOX hard drive http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Rumble Pack http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
No FSODX (not sure about this until I play some more)
Better Guild card handling.
There doesnt seem to be any duping on the EU servers at the moment and 99% of the people I am playing with are playing legit, ie; less dupes.
Faster loading speeds.
Overall I think the XBOX has a better online "package" and better potential for online games.

Cons. XBOX

Slower updates, PAL version only has Gallons shop and Heat Sword so far.
No connection with US/Japanese ships. This may or may not be a good thing.
More hacking?
Not as popular as the Gamecube Version and less nationalities to play with.
Not too keen on the joypad so far.
Costs more to play than the Japanese version of PSO, although to start with on the EU version you get 2 months free HL and with XBOX live you get a year free.

I will update with more as I play on.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AndyPandy on 2003-05-31 01:14 ]</font>

Jack
May 31, 2003, 04:59 AM
On 2003-05-30 02:49, saturn-fan wrote:
xbox has great games

Shenmue II
PSOX
Capcom VS snk eo
Halo
Dead or alive 3

and xbox has the best online system of all 3 consoles, and you can rip music to HD!

PS2 has mainly casual gamer games like gta and gay racing games

GC has zelda, which is good but theres no much else that appeals to me

3 of these great Xbox games are ports, and Halo will soon be out on PC. So that's really only DOA3 which it has exclusive on your list.

Also, how are racing games "gay"? Do the drivers have pink Ford Fiestas with rainbow stripes on the side?

davidwid
May 31, 2003, 01:39 PM
This confirm my doubt about any online content whatsoever for XBOX, I guess it would be nill nada zip.

saturn-fan
May 31, 2003, 01:56 PM
omg shut up you fucking fanboys, GC users, you have no voicechat and you have 56kers and less and less people are playing as people are giving up or joining xbox and you have a bad duping problem. DEAL WITH IT AND STFU

and you xbox users are just as bad, who cares if the gc users have extra quests etc. its been around for longer and the game would be gay if every thing was revealed right when it has been released, and who cares if theres a few hackers making only wepons, most gc users can dupe which is worse. STFU, ure bringing ure selves down to their level

now all i wanted to know is when the first wave of new stuff is coming on uk xbox, and howlong it took for new stuff to come on GC pso.

thank you

SinkNoodles
May 31, 2003, 04:05 PM
Graphically G/C PSO is better.
i don't know how the online play is but being used to dc i can imagine typing is fine if u find a KB that isn't the 2 in 1 that nintendo released for like $90.
Hopefully GC only has so much more stuff right now because it's been out longer, but i do say Microsuck and Sonic Team are taking their sweet gingerly time doing anything to reel in subscribers. The easter thing was nice but i bet it ended before the majority of the players got the game.
one thing i am thankful for is this: since they're taking so long and what not a lot of people are complaining and saying that they are going to cancel their license once the trial period is over. THANK GOD. there are so many annoying people on the xbox version that its frightening. and the amount of dupes getting around makes me want to throw up. i got this game 1-cause i'm an addict and 2-cause i like FINDING stuff. it would have been nice to see the ultimate rares by playing the game but no everyones and their mother has already got them. Good riddance to anyone cancelling, just that much will make the game better for me.

davidwid
May 31, 2003, 04:35 PM
Well, as I was found out, Microsuk will take their gingerly time updating PSOX. I was told that the $9 fee is just to play the game online (no mention about extra contents, downloadable, etc), and on top of that you still have to pay for XBOX Live. I agree that PSOX is the best version, but looking at how much more you are getting with the Cube version (freeze and fsod ....), I would rather play the Cube now. Bad costumer service and rotten deal from Microsuk is more than enough for me to cancel my HL and maybe resubscribe once the content is on par with the Cube version. I agree there are tons of lamers on XBOX, especially on Apatithe!!

Lman90245
Jun 1, 2003, 12:05 AM
Reasons I like gamecube: The gamecube version was out first so there are way more quests out for it. I also think that a keyboard is a better way of talking online then voicechat (and yes I have tried the voicechat with Xbox I have one) and people like to scream bad epithists like a 3 year old that just learned how to walk, at least in the Game Cube version there is some kind of censorship in terms of typing. Also I don't care to pay the online Xbox live subscription AND the HL for PSO, it is actually quite alot more when compared with the gamecube version acumulative. Thats why when you ask your boss for a raise of ONLY 4 bucks he cringes and says no... although gamecube has its fair share of duped wepons its no where near as bad as the Xbox having level 200 hacks and items that arent even out yet...

But don't get me wrong I think Xbox is a better console for OTHER games, just not PSO.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lman90245 on 2003-05-31 22:15 ]</font>

Athlon-pv
Jun 2, 2003, 09:50 AM
Amen, Alot of marketing BS is around on "sales" and features on Xbox, when it comes down to playing online titles they have more but i cant say im waiting for any of them http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif .

The voice chat can be a nice feature but also overrated since it is something which does seem cool but can be abused easily.

I have no beef with people saying the X version is cooler for whatever reason. But keep the marketing BS out of it.

pv

Denny
Jun 2, 2003, 02:59 PM
Honestly, is there a good message board for the Xbox version of PSO? The fanboy riots at this place are really starting to get stale.

Tetzuro
Jun 2, 2003, 09:58 PM
yeah for real too much freakin "I Concer this is better captain" action in here............

xxLiGeRxx
Jun 3, 2003, 12:18 AM
Bottom Line:

Consol gameing sucks compaired to playing the game on a computer. The only good thing bout playen on consels is the fact that you can get friends together quickly w/ out alot of setup.

PSOX is better then anyother version, because of the content download (that will hopefully be here soon) and the fact that they can more easily stop the hacking and so forth w/ the software updates. To bad GC dosn't have content download.

I play both versions of PSO alot (the GC and the Xbox) and so far the Xbox version is the best, it has graphical inhancements, audio inhancements (more audio), sharper textures, and you can actually see very nice detail on the weapons. 4 player Offline also dosn't slow down as much as it does on the GC version. Hence Xbox having a faster processor (i believe its something like 700Mhz xbox compaired to 400Mhz GC). All those people out there who decided to be loyal to nintendo and buy an inferior system (check the specs) just got stuck w/ a crappy system and they don't want to admit it. I used to be a hard core nintendo fan, but then xbox came out....

Lman90245
Jun 3, 2003, 12:30 AM
On 2003-06-02 12:59, Denny wrote:
Honestly, is there a good message board for the Xbox version of PSO? The fanboy riots at this place are really starting to get stale.

I'm not a fanboy of any console except for my computer http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif but I do pay attention to when things cost more or less, However Halo would have sucked on the gamecube... there happy? >=)

davidwid
Jun 3, 2003, 01:15 AM
Well at the end of the day, the power specs of XBOX means nothing if there is no decent games for you to play. Then again, if you like FPS, action, blood, gore, and a bunch of garbage games that are populating XBOX, you are in for a real treat, LOL. I have all three system, but I guess I like my PS2 better since all of my games are on that system. Sadly due to economic reasons, I may not be able to buy as many games as I used to.

PSOX is the better version I agree, but since Microsoft is controlling the updating process, with its stern certification, I wouldnt hold my breath for content updates anytime soon. Gamecube still has better and more content. If you go to PSOX message board on XBOX.com, it is a riot up there. A lot of people are not very receptive with the pay for play plan, the others want some more content before continuing their subscriptions, while a small numbers of PSOX hardcore fans got upset because people start to see the ugly truth in PSOX marketing done by Microsoft. I can only imagine after June 15 the number of PSOX players will go down drastically. This kinda piss me off since PSOX is the definete version but the lack of content will not make me want to pay more money for Microsuxx.

saffaya
Jun 3, 2003, 03:06 AM
er .. guys !
M$ fought as hard as they could to have all games on Xbox Live FREE besides the annual live fee.
SEGA, repeat after me, SEGA was the bitch of the story and forced everyone to pay.
Even more despicable when you see US X gamers pay $8.95, that is as much as GC owners although SEGA doesn't have to buy/maintain servers for Xbox.
(JP X players pay about $5)

M$ knows the pay per month over Live fee is detrimental to their gaming model.

AndyPandy
Jun 3, 2003, 03:59 AM
Who knows, the XBOX version might get some amazing downloadable quests to take advantage of its superior storage capabilities and proccessing power......YEAH RIGHT..

Jack
Jun 3, 2003, 04:01 AM
On 2003-06-03 01:06, saffaya wrote:
M$ knows the pay per month over Live fee is detrimental to their gaming model.
Which is exactly why they're implementing this model for once the year is out on Live... $5 or $50 for one year, something like that.

Toast
Jun 3, 2003, 09:58 PM
XBOX PSO FORUMS @ http://www.XBOX.COM/FORUMS <- will take you to the index from there find the one your looking for, it exists and is xbox only hosted by the official xbox site, plus you get access to all other XBOX forums

now this is my opinion GC-good system, mid range gfx
XBOX- higer rage of gfx(id take bump mapping over more games anyday <-it all looks prettier). Plus when you get things rolling in HD, the XBOX power takes off and looks like PC generated gfx.

As for the DLC, no word, itll prolly be pushed back again, and again, kinda like the UC DLC or the MA DLC

Biggest problem i see with the XBOX version, items not supposed to be here yet... ex. unsealed J swords, Double Cannons, Mag Kits, (i saw a smoking armor on a lvl 31 character today lol)