PDA

View Full Version : NPC using rare weapons

XvBASARAvX
Mar 12, 2001, 12:37 AM
Has anyone else notice this? I notice this for awhile, but I havent been online, but you know, playing Phantasy Star Online.

You ever notice that the NPC HUnewman in "Dr. Osto's Reports" uses red claws. I didnt know what the claws were until today when I looked it up and they are actually Nei's Claws, a new rare thats been floating around this past week.

Also, in one of the Ruin mission (the last one I think) where you need to find missing people, you find the HUmar Ash, who uses a Stag Cuterly for his weapon.

I also heard from a post awhile back that in the same mission that Ash is in, one of the hunters that are missing thats laying on the ground uses a special rare weapon.

So now I'm wondering, can these weapons be taken from the NPC characters? Actually they can be taken. One time, when I started playing a month ago, the mission called "lost Bride" where you have to take the fat lady to the waterfall in caves so she can lose weight. Well on my first attempt through this mission, she died exactly the same time I used my mags Pilla attack. Instead of the screen fading to black and taking me back to the Hunters Guild, it keeps on playing while the fat lady is just laying on the ground, and next to her is her stupid scepter +5. But she did drop this weapon and maybe we can do the same with the other NPC.

I keep hearing that the new rares are only accessible by playing downloaded quest, like Lional's Letter, but GameShark "suppose" to have a code where you can get weapons in a snap.

Anyways, maybe we're suppose to get our NPC that follow us around killed, and *cough* steal there weapon. LOL http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif I think its more legit than stealing from real players.

Well it just a thought, and thats my 2cents.

Spy
Mar 12, 2001, 12:43 AM
The NPC's still hold on to their weapons after their death.

jett862
Mar 12, 2001, 12:49 AM
ugh I had that idea to lol

Acel
Mar 12, 2001, 06:18 AM
In Hard mode, Ash's Stag becomes a TwinBrand(if you noticed).
Zoke carries an Agito(not sure which)
Bernie, flame visit?
Kireek , well you know. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif
Sue, that Red claw thingy
Dr Mome, Varista?

BTW, anyone noticed that the Force in Ruins 2 can hit you no matter how far away you are from her in "From the depths"? She seemed to be using that "long distance hit techinque" in the import ver argh....

SuperSubZero
Mar 12, 2001, 09:01 AM
The only NPC weapon you can obtain is Kireek's Soul Eater, and only if you do the quest story in the correct order.

I have no clue how Ash ended up with the Twin Brand/Stag Cutlery. I guess his dad gave it to him as a present or something. There is no way he battled his way to getting it as a rare.

-SSZ