PDA

View Full Version : online router

UltimateShifty
May 27, 2003, 02:39 AM
hey i have a question. i heard from some people that it doesnt work very well when you have a router and split one cable to the computer and the other one to the cube. well? is this true or does it work fine? thnx

Alielle
May 27, 2003, 03:07 AM
I've never noticed a difference using that setup. There's a potential problem if the router isn't compatible with gaming, though. At first, mine booted me off every once in a while until I updated the firmware. Check with the manufacturer's website before you buy anything.

I'm using the D-Link Di-604. It hasn't given me any problems with either my GC or Xbox Live, so I recommend it.

CajunSamurai
May 27, 2003, 03:11 AM
Works like a DREAM for me, as long as I'm not using all my upstream bandwidth on my PC... then I'll get nightmarish lag on PSO.
Otherwise, I can be downloading at my full capacity on PC and get absolutely no lag on PSO. Uploads are the only thing that give me lag, but that's not a problem for me.
For geeky technical references, I have Cox High Speed Internet (1 megabit down, 128kbps up) and a Linksys BEFSR41 router.
I HIGHLY recommend a router setup if you have broadband.

UltimateShifty
May 27, 2003, 01:01 PM
okey thnx for your help