PDA

View Full Version : GC: The East Tower - discussion topic

VulpesMundi
May 27, 2003, 05:54 AM
Item hunters' prayers have been answered. We now have a quest with easy multi-player access to Sinow Berill, Sinow Spigell, Mericarol, Mericus, Merikle, Gibbles, Gi-Gue, Del Lily, Ill Gill, and Epsilon. I already see this quest getting a lot of mileage in just the first week. Challenging as hell to fight all the mini-bosses and new enemies in such tight quarters, but quite a blast as well.

So what do you think? Got information to add? Got questions to ask? Here's the place to do it. Let 'em roll.

Ryuzaki00
May 27, 2003, 05:58 AM
hehe...yeah, can't wait until i get to ult. demonic fork...yay...hehe

Anisha__J-Hunter
May 27, 2003, 06:29 AM
Gallons & S Weapons:

You can have a look on the possible Special attacks if you have enough PDs in your inventory. You can always go BACK, you won't lose any PDs for just looking.

A 50PDs
B 40PDs
C 30PDs

The really surprising thing is that there are JELLEN or ZALURE in the A class selection. Now it would be nice to know what level it is... I wont waste 50PDs just to find out it's a ZALURE 5.

The other 2 very interesting selections are in the 40PD selection namely BERSERK and SPIRIT. With the HUGH amount of Base ATP some Srank weapons have you could do tons of Damage.

I gave my Srank Twin the Berserk special for 40PDs. Using my Racast I can hit very well and do just insane amounts of damage now (well I can already hear the Forces swearing "hey stop that, my fluids run out so quick")

As a sitenote... I bet there will soon be a lots of duped Sweps with Berserk/Spirit/Jellen/Zalure special.... *sigh*

BrokenHope
May 27, 2003, 08:11 AM
Not sure the exact level but the zalure is over 30, tested in a battle game FO level 30 deband couldn't over ride it.

Anisha__J-Hunter
May 27, 2003, 08:27 AM
Oh... that's cool news... maybe I will build an Srankshot with Zalure in the Future?

Will the Special work every time you hit an enemy or is there a failure percentage?

Dhylec
May 27, 2003, 08:52 AM
the new quest sounds great specially w/the element weps
but argh! i cant get online yet.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

BrokenHope
May 27, 2003, 08:56 AM
On 2003-05-27 06:27, Anisha__J-Hunter wrote:
Oh... that's cool news... maybe I will build an Srankshot with Zalure in the Future?

Will the Special work every time you hit an enemy or is there a failure percentage?

The zalure special hit everytime, not sure if all the specials are like that tho.

Ryuzaki00
May 27, 2003, 09:02 AM
so the special attacks are for only s-rank weapons??

Deus-Irae
May 27, 2003, 10:08 AM
whoa wait HUH!?

how come this topic isnt on fire?

this is like the BIGGEST news ive heard in a loooong time!

i cant believe i just used about 40+ photon drops on some parasite cells and THIS comes out!!! (not that im not happy it did finally come out)

so, this is for real???

what are the requirements, just finish the quest, or what?

not only do we have a great multiplayer quest on our hands, but we get s-rank specials too? our prayers really have been answered!!
damn, im excited...!!! anyone, anyone???

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deus-Irae on 2003-05-27 08:09 ]</font>

Valleo
May 27, 2003, 10:28 AM
That is crazy news! What exactly do you have to do to be able to trade PD's for the S rank special?

AndyPandy
May 27, 2003, 10:42 AM
1. Start the new quest, and speak to the Hopkins dude before going down to the planet surface.

2. Do the quest, complete it then access the comp in the last room to get the data requested by Hopkins.

3. Go see Hopkins again, speak to him then end the quest by going back upto the lobby.

4. Make a new game and enter Gallons shop with yah S-Rank and photon drops and speak to hopkinss again.

5. Exchange yah PD's for the upgrade to yah S-RANK weapon. Depending on how many you have depends on the upgrade.

For the record I did this on HARD and VHARD by myself

Red boxes seem to drop all the time in this quest. found Sting Tip Gay Bolg, etc etc on my 1st run.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AndyPandy on 2003-05-27 10:09 ]</font>

Anisha__J-Hunter
May 27, 2003, 10:48 AM
ok... it's pretty simple...

First play the new East Tower quest. At the beginning visit Hopkins (he's at the same place as in Gallons shop). Talk to him and he wil lead you to his father "Pagani". Just press the chat bubbles away and continue with the quest.

Once you have defeated Epsilon go to that big Terminal. Press A button next to it and you will recieve the data Pagani wants. Teleport back to P2 as usual and visit Hopkins again. His father will go on about how he will do more research and soon develope new weapons.

Now if you enter the Gallons Shop quest and talk to Hopkins (minimum of 1PD in your inventory requiered) Pagani will give you a new menu:

- Trade Items
- S Weapons
- Quit

When you chose S Weapons your inventory will pop up and lets you chose an Srank Weapon. The next menu will ask you how many PDs you want to spend (30, 40 or 50). Then you can pick the specialattack you want. Like I said you can always cancel and quit till you actually picked an attack.

You will have no noticeable differences on the Srank Weapon, besides it having a special attack.

From now on Pagani will always offer the S Weapon option. No need to replay the East Tower Quest. As a sidenote since the Easttower Quest is still now up on EU servers also the Gallons Shop there has not been updated. So build your new weapons on US/JP Ships.

Deus-Irae
May 27, 2003, 12:11 PM
awesome! thanks for the info everyone!!!

RUMOR: after you select a special for your s-rank weapon, you will be able to change the special again with the required amount of PD's (not that you have the PD's to spare!).

i was following some guy around online who had just gotten a special on his srank. he was dissapointed with it (HELL) and wanted to change it.

we went to gallons shop and i lent him 1 PD so he could get in. he said that it was offering to let add another special to his wep for the asking price...

this is unconfirmed. maybe it would prevent you from doing so at the final moment, but it remains to be seen.

not that you'd want to change the special. just pick a good one to begin with!

AndyPandy
May 27, 2003, 12:38 PM
Yes you can go back and change your special on your S-RANK if you so wish. I think it will cost you the same amount of PD's though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AndyPandy on 2003-05-27 10:40 ]</font>

shin_phish
May 27, 2003, 01:21 PM
If you go back down to CCA after the Control Tower is completed.

Does the Switch next to the warp that leads from CCA to Control Tower become active?

Unlocking the Laser Gate on the upper portion of the CCA?

West Tower?

VioletSkye
May 27, 2003, 01:26 PM
This rocks. I took 4 of my sranks, 2 mech guns and 2 double sabers and added gush and geist to both. For my HU that can't use Guld Milla, its awesome, I now have 2 killer mechguns. One for filling hp and the other for filling tp. Same with the 2 double sabers. I'll be adding Blizzard to a mech gun next and we'll see how well it mirrors Snow Queen.

Yurika
May 27, 2003, 01:41 PM
On 2003-05-27 06:11, Broken Hope wrote:
Not sure the exact level but the zalure is over 30, tested in a battle game FO level 30 deband couldn't over ride it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they change it in GCN so that you can't override _any_ jellen or zalure with a deband/shifta (and vice/versa)? You sure can't override the shifta/deband on sinow reds in ult mines, and I have never been able to pop myself out of low level jellen/zalure...

Soukosa
May 27, 2003, 01:53 PM
Now that S-Ranks can be given special attacks, I should probably get myself one now. And, is it just me or does anyone else sense a coming demand for PD's? Kinda like how people wanted a lot of grinders when the C-Mode stage was put up.

VioletSkye
May 27, 2003, 01:53 PM
I suggest a nice geist handgun for your FO, I just made one and it kicks in Ult. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif For my HU I'm using a Gush Double Saber Nicca Twin. Throw the special in for the second part of your combo and you won't need many mates http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-05-27 12:02 ]</font>

BrokenHope
May 27, 2003, 01:55 PM
On 2003-05-27 11:41, Yurika wrote:

On 2003-05-27 06:11, Broken Hope wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they change it in GCN so that you can't override _any_ jellen or zalure with a deband/shifta (and vice/versa)? You sure can't override the shifta/deband on sinow reds in ult mines, and I have never been able to pop myself out of low level jellen/zalure...

No, the way it works on GCN is lower can't override higher, so if a force casts level 30 s/d a ramar with level 15 couldn't override that with his. Also if you cast level 30 jellen or zalure on a hunewearl they wouldn't be able to override it with only level 20 s/d.

Castoth
May 27, 2003, 02:30 PM
Nice but too bad it's so expensive to buy one of the specials for an S-rank weapon. Will take forever to legitimately obtain enough PDrops to put on an S-rank Zalure. >_<

Webapprentice
May 27, 2003, 04:01 PM
Also, if the J/Z is above level 30, then Battles are going to be at a disadvantage for Forces since they can't override the special with techs.

Unless the BA rule chosen is a limited format, I don't think many FOs would compete unless they had Sranks with the same specials.

LollipopLolita
May 27, 2003, 04:05 PM
finally added guide

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=938

sorry guys, decided to sleep in

LollipopLolita
May 27, 2003, 04:32 PM
okay i'm gonna need your input from all of you guys. tell me if maps 7 8 and 9 had the same enemies and set up as you guys. seems like it might be different?

Soukosa
May 27, 2003, 04:32 PM
On 2003-05-27 11:53, VioletSkye wrote:
I suggest a nice geist handgun for your FO, I just made one and it kicks in Ult. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif For my HU I'm using a Gush Double Saber Nicca Twin. Throw the special in for the second part of your combo and you won't need many mates http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Good idea, it'll be awhile before my FOmarl can use it and my FOnewearl is pure tech and will most likely never have enough ATA to use any sort of good gun. I used to use the special of my Chain Sawd alot, I could go through Ult Forest without using Resta or a mate once.

On 2003-05-27 14:05, LollipopLolita wrote:
finally added guide

Could you add something about what the different colors of Epsilon's shields mean? Both my friend and I found out the hard way that purple means instant death.

GyroidFanatic
May 27, 2003, 05:16 PM
Here's what I remember from 2 times through...

Floor 6:
2 Delbiter, not 1

Floor 7:
2 Il Gill, not 1

Floor 9:
A Merikle should be where you put Mericarol
A Mericus should be where you put Merikle
3 Gi Gue, not 2

EDIT:
What do you mean in the guide when you say:
Defeat Epsilon. There will be del lilies and il gills. I never saw any Del Lillies or Il Gills when I beat him twice.

EDIT AGAIN:
You get 10,000 Mestea when you beat it on Hard, 20,000 on Very Hard.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GyroidFanatic on 2003-05-27 15:22 ]</font>

Sham
May 27, 2003, 05:23 PM
On 2003-05-27 14:01, Webapprentice wrote:
Also, if the J/Z is above level 30, then Battles are going to be at a disadvantage for Forces since they can't override the special with techs.

Unless the BA rule chosen is a limited format, I don't think many FOs would compete unless they had Sranks with the same specials.

Forces can cast Anti and remove it just as quickly as it was applied. (LV7 only, I believe.)

GyroidFanatic
May 27, 2003, 05:27 PM
On 2003-05-27 15:23, Sham wrote:

On 2003-05-27 14:01, Webapprentice wrote:

Forces can cast Anti and remove it just as quickly as it was applied. (LV7 only, I believe.)

The Instruction Manual says Lv.6 and Lv.7

Ryo_Hayasa
May 27, 2003, 05:27 PM
Yurika, i still love your Sig o.o

anyways one important question. i know that this has been asked before.

is the guide is says "AND" so does this mean that the S-rank will have multi specials..
if so ROCKIN'
can someone answer this?
and does the appearance of your S-rank change?
lastly is someone willing to Play with a very good RAcaseal to get their S-rank i'm at >.> c6 or 7 now(pm me)

Nickwillnotbe
May 27, 2003, 05:29 PM
This quest is pretty challenging. I ran through it on VH with a Fomar and a Hucast and we found a Madams Umbrella from a Gibbles I believe. I then tried it on ULT and ended up walking away a bloody corpse.

Reenee
May 27, 2003, 05:35 PM
Question:

Can you combine the the A-Rank, B-Rank, and C-Rank specials all on one S-Rank?

shin_phish
May 27, 2003, 05:47 PM
Anyone that can confirm if the Laser fence can be turned off would be my hero, seriously.

See my previous post in this thread. It would seem like it could, unless the West Tower is going to be a whole other quest.

Sitting here at work and waiting 6 more hours is going to make me even more grey on top....

BrokenHope
May 27, 2003, 05:49 PM
On 2003-05-27 15:27, Ryo_Hayasa wrote:

anyways one important question. i know that this has been asked before.

is the guide is says "AND" so does this mean that the S-rank will have multi specials..
if so ROCKIN'
can someone answer this?
and does the appearance of your S-rank change?
lastly is someone willing to Play with a very good RAcaseal to get their S-rank i'm at >.> c6 or 7 now(pm me)

Bullet colour changes on s ranks with specials, they kinda made a mistake tho cos jellen gives you blue bullets and zalure gives you red bullets which is kinda opposite of the tech colours

VulpesMundi
May 27, 2003, 06:03 PM
What I'm curious to know is how effective the status ailment specials are on S-rank weapons. Back in ver.2 they used to have a 100% effective rate, but they had the catch of being random (and you could actually heal your targets, or even cast Shifta or Deband on them). Unfortunately I don't have the Photon Drops to try out the various specials and see how good they are. I kinda do and don't hope they kept the 100% effective rate. I do because it would make Arrest or Blizzard a godscend, and I don't because it will literally make the game too easy.

VioletSkye
May 27, 2003, 06:10 PM
On 2003-05-27 16:03, VulpesMundi wrote:
What I'm curious to know is how effective the status ailment specials are on S-rank weapons. Back in ver.2 they used to have a 100% effective rate, but they had the catch of being random (and you could actually heal your targets, or even cast Shifta or Deband on them). Unfortunately I don't have the Photon Drops to try out the various specials and see how good they are. I kinda do and don't hope they kept the 100% effective rate. I do because it would make Arrest or Blizzard a godscend, and I don't because it will literally make the game too easy.

I added Blizzard to a mechgun and for Normal-VHard it was fairly effective, on Ultimate it was less than stellar, at least for my HU.

Elusive_Llama
May 27, 2003, 06:20 PM
Added Jellen to an S-rank shot...big mistake, unless you're an android. The Jellen special is weaker than level 20 Jellen. I tested it out with my Ramarl in Ultimate Ruins, online mode. The Arlans were doing a set amount of damage per hit, so it made things a whole lot easier for me.

With level 20 S/D cast:

Arlan with level 20 Jellen: 139dmg per normal swipe
Arlan with S-rank Jellen: 160dmg per normal swipe

Not bad, but if you were hoping for level 30 Jellen, you're outta luck.

By the way VioletSkye, does the Geist special on your srank gun hit 100% of the time like the Zalure/Jellen specials, or is it tied to ATA like normal Geist?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Elusive_Llama on 2003-05-27 16:21 ]</font>

VioletSkye
May 27, 2003, 07:33 PM
On 2003-05-27 16:20, Elusive_Llama wrote:
Added Jellen to an S-rank shot...big mistake, unless you're an android. The Jellen special is weaker than level 20 Jellen. I tested it out with my Ramarl in Ultimate Ruins, online mode. The Arlans were doing a set amount of damage per hit, so it made things a whole lot easier for me.

With level 20 S/D cast:

Arlan with level 20 Jellen: 139dmg per normal swipe
Arlan with S-rank Jellen: 160dmg per normal swipe

Not bad, but if you were hoping for level 30 Jellen, you're outta luck.

By the way VioletSkye, does the Geist special on your srank gun hit 100% of the time like the Zalure/Jellen specials, or is it tied to ATA like normal Geist?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Elusive_Llama on 2003-05-27 16:21 ]</font>

I believe its tied to ATA. It does not hit 100% but it is still definitely worth using if your FO can equip it. Saves on the fluids, LOL. I use god arms and a dex mag and it hits fairly regularly.

I should clarify, that I'm talking about Ult.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-05-27 17:35 ]</font>

VulpesMundi
May 27, 2003, 07:53 PM
I just had a though. Throughout the history of PSO, everything that has ranks has had at least an S-rank, and so far there's no S-rank listed for the ES weapon upgrades. What if there's a hidden S option, and what if that hidden S option offers unique special attacks like those of the Lavis weapons, Orochiagito, Tsumikiri J-Sword, etc.? Quite a dream, eh? Would be cool if it were true.

People who have a Photon Sphere might want to visit Paganini with it and 99 Photon Drops along with an S-rank weapon and see if something happens. Just speculation. Don't take this seriously until someone has tried it out. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

The_Hero_Of_Time
May 27, 2003, 07:59 PM
People who have a Photon Sphere might want to visit Paganini with it and 99 Photon Drops along with an S-rank weapon and see if something happens. Just speculation. Don't take this seriously until someone has tried it out.

O man, mabye this is what the PS are for, I hope so, that would be awsome.

Davion
May 27, 2003, 08:04 PM
Dude, do you know how cool it would be to have and S-rank sword with the Lavis special?!? However, I doubt this would be the case when you think about GUN S-Ranks. I mean, an S-Rank handgun with the Lavis special wouldn't make any sense.

Reenee
May 27, 2003, 08:10 PM
On 2003-05-27 15:35, Shapiro wrote:
Question:

Can you combine the the A-Rank, B-Rank, and C-Rank specials all on one S-Rank?

VioletSkye
May 27, 2003, 08:18 PM
On 2003-05-27 17:53, VulpesMundi wrote:
I just had a though. Throughout the history of PSO, everything that has ranks has had at least an S-rank, and so far there's no S-rank listed for the ES weapon upgrades. What if there's a hidden S option, and what if that hidden S option offers unique special attacks like those of the Lavis weapons, Orochiagito, Tsumikiri J-Sword, etc.? Quite a dream, eh? Would be cool if it were true.

People who have a Photon Sphere might want to visit Paganini with it and 99 Photon Drops along with an S-rank weapon and see if something happens. Just speculation. Don't take this seriously until someone has tried it out. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I'll try it right now. I have 99 photon spheres and 99 Photon drops. BRB. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

NOPE!! Sorry, It was a very good theory though http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-05-27 18:23 ]</font>

Soukosa
May 27, 2003, 08:56 PM
I would think that attacks like those would be too powerful for weapons that can be attained fairly easily. But, if attacks like those do exist, they could always update the quest to make them available later on.

Sham
May 27, 2003, 10:37 PM
On 2003-05-27 14:32, Kalonera wrote:

On 2003-05-27 11:53, VioletSkye wrote:

Good idea, it'll be awhile before my FOmarl can use it and my FOnewearl is pure tech and will most likely never have enough ATA to use any sort of good gun. I used to use the special of my Chain Sawd alot, I could go through Ult Forest without using Resta or a mate once.

On 2003-05-27 14:05, LollipopLolita wrote:
finally added guide

Could you add something about what the different colors of Epsilon's shields mean? Both my friend and I found out the hard way that purple means instant death.

I don't know if it's added, but: The colors work the same as any other color on PSO. Red for fire, Yellow for lightning(And possible Shock ailment), Blue for ice(And possible Freeze ailment), and Purple for Instant Death(Megid).

Soukosa
May 27, 2003, 10:41 PM
On 2003-05-27 20:37, Sham wrote:
I don't know if it's added, but: The colors work the same as any other color on PSO. Red for fire, Yellow for lightning(And possible Shock ailment), Blue for ice(And possible Freeze ailment), and Purple for Instant Death(Megid).

I had a feeling that's how it worked, I was just kinda scared to try out myself. Just note that the purple isn't Megid based since I was killed by it with an EDK of 103.

Yurika
May 27, 2003, 11:34 PM
On 2003-05-27 15:27, Ryo_Hayasa wrote:

ho ho ho. =^_^=

::runs back and hides in corner::

Realm
May 28, 2003, 12:59 AM
Not that any of you give a flying **** but i just finished east tower and now my Srank twin (my little baby) now has the "HEll" special attack!!! I'm so happy I can't contain myself!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Update: Today I Put Gush and Arrest on two of my other sranks. Gush doesn't work quite as well as I'd hoped but Arrest seamed to work fine!

BTW The Option Gush is not listed on the guide just thought I'd let ya know.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Realm on 2003-05-28 11:09 ]</font>

Deus-Irae
May 28, 2003, 04:08 AM
hmmm, good point Vulpes.

i noticed the lack of S-rank attributes too...odd!

we'll find out one day! maybe:)

Khaotika
May 28, 2003, 05:17 AM
On 2003-05-27 20:37, Sham wrote:

I can confirm the Freeze part. I was frozen and comboed to death (very quickly, I might add) by the blue Epsiguards on Ult. Xp

Fun quest, btw. I wish the drop rate there was better tho...

-Khao