PDA

View Full Version : The Ended Theory (Sealed J-Sword)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

ISkyly4EverI
May 27, 2003, 01:30 PM
My friend today attempted to go for the 2300 kills, keeping track of every single enemy he killed, after 3100 enemies the controller was thrown, this rumor is not true so i recommend u NOT attempt it.

8x Soul of a Blacksmith No Deathes No Unequipes

Well over 910 ATP LVL 123 HUMAR

The_Hero_Of_Time
May 27, 2003, 02:41 PM
I like your sig.

Manny
May 27, 2003, 04:06 PM
That's a little funny

ISkyly4EverI
May 27, 2003, 08:22 PM
Thanks u may hate me for this but i will never tell how to unseal the sword, but i will be happy to give hints, took me a while to fig out how to (7-8 Days)but, it paid off....

The_Hero_Of_Time
May 27, 2003, 09:02 PM
On 2003-05-27 18:22, ISkyly4EverI wrote:
Thanks u may hate me for this but i will never tell how to unseal the sword, but i will be happy to give hints, took me a while to fig out how to (7-8 Days)but, it paid off....

Wait a second. I doubt you know, since you made a post on it here, why wouldnt you tell your friend about the kill thing if it didnt work. o well, if you do know some hints would be cool.

Tigertron
May 28, 2003, 07:25 AM
DUh he wants to make his friend work for it. heck i could kill 5000 monsters in 2 days by doing that quest. It took him about 8 days.....he wants to make his friend sweat.

ShadowCaster
May 28, 2003, 07:44 AM
I think I may have figured it out 0_o. the description says when all techniques are used on it. Well equiping it with a HUmar/newearl and then using all the techs they can, is not using techs ON the J Sword. Not only that but they can't use ALL techs neways. I say have a good level force not so powerful as to have level 30 techs put powerful enough to at least have all the techs. Start a battle game, make a HU equip the sword, and have the Force cast all techs on the HU. The only problem with this is Reverser, Megid, and ryuker. You can't cast Ryuker on a person, and to successfully cast Megid, you would kill the person thus UNEQUIPPING the J Sword. And Reverser can't be used because if you're dead then you have no wep. How ever I think that you can unequip the J Sword, so reverser and Megid would work, and maybe they could cast ryuker and the Hu take the tp and it would unseal. I dunno... SOMEONE TRY IT! Oh and give me all the credit http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Tigertron
May 28, 2003, 08:58 AM
I say just join a force game and ask him to cast all the spells there are with you standing near him holding the sword.

Vanango
May 28, 2003, 10:15 AM
I doubt that would work, but the best way to test that is battle game with a low lvl untweaked FO with low lvl spells and a high lvl hunter holding the shizznit.

Soukosa
May 28, 2003, 11:18 AM
The "techniques" part of the description could be referring to not magic techniques, but sword weilding techniques.

Dime
May 28, 2003, 12:20 PM

You aren't very bright are you?

Tigertron
May 28, 2003, 01:18 PM
What do you mean by that Dime?

Well then start with the hints then!!

The_Hero_Of_Time
May 28, 2003, 02:23 PM
On 2003-05-28 08:15, Vanango wrote:
I doubt that would work, but the best way to test that is battle game with a low lvl untweaked FO with low lvl spells and a high lvl hunter holding the shizznit.

Thats what I said in one of my other posts, do it in battle mode. someone needs to try it.

SubstanceD
May 28, 2003, 03:09 PM
Okay being the stupid newb that I am I am going to take a random shot at this unsealing theory, does it involve grinding the Sealed J Sword to it's max before doing anything else to it, it just seems like one of the things that most people might overlook because they want to save thier grinders for a Tsumikiri -J Sword.

FluxGryphon
May 28, 2003, 03:44 PM
There was mention (in one of the many Sealed J-sword threads) that the Hunter has to be able to equip the unsealed sword, otherwise whatever you have to do to unseal it won't work.

You can cast Megid on a player and have it hit, but not kill them. Either cast low level Megid on a character with a Delsaber's Shield equipped, or just buff up your Dark res with 4 Devil/Resist, a Del Shield, and a Stink Frame or Attribute Plate. Curious how your resistances can go over 100...

dj_dan
May 28, 2003, 06:25 PM
ISkyly4EverI,
you know how to unseal the J-Sword? Great. Write up a guide and send it to Lolita. Don't want to do that?
Then don't make anymore of these useless threads.

Do I believe that you know how to unseal the sword, well it doesn't matter.

One function of PSOw is to create a community, helpful and informative etc. If you feel like flaunting your self-proclaimed knowledge and not share with the rest of the class, then stop, sit back, and delete your post.

As far as I'm concerned this thread is spam, and serves no real purpose, other than to spread rumours.

NekoHikari
May 28, 2003, 10:04 PM
[quote] ISkyly4EverI,
you know how to unseal the J-Sword? Great. Write up a guide and send it to Lolita. Don't want to do that?
Then don't make anymore of these useless threads.

Do I believe that you know how to unseal the sword, well it doesn't matter.

One function of PSOw is to create a community, helpful and informative etc. If you feel like flaunting your self-proclaimed knowledge and not share with the rest of the class, then stop, sit back, and delete your post.

As far as I'm concerned this thread is spam, and serves no real purpose, other than to spread rumours.

YES!!! I couldn't have said it better myself!

ISkyly4EverI is a child that #1 doesn't know a damn thing about Unsealing JACK, and #2 wants attention so badly that he'll make a false statement in a forum just to try to make himself look cool. He'll even go so far as to make fun of his "friend" to the point where he'll laugh about him throwing his controller. #3 I bet anything he'll continue to say, "Haha I'll never tell" when indeed he knows nothing. Another complete waste of existence as far as this forum is concerned.

DarkShinjaru
May 28, 2003, 10:10 PM
I KNOW HOW TO UNSEAL THE SWORD! just get a hacked one, or slap Skyly around until he tells us. Juu talkin smack, boy!?

Dime
May 28, 2003, 10:23 PM
On 2003-05-28 11:18, Tigertron wrote:

He's bullshitting us, and not offering any help. That's what I mean.

And no, I can't give you hints. I recieved my TJS...that's right...it's a

DUPE!!!!

shiznitty
May 28, 2003, 10:33 PM
well, maybe you have to unseal it in a quest, like the quest with the orotiagito unsealing. and maybe sonic team hasnt come out with it yet. Just a guess

Redleaf
May 29, 2003, 03:50 AM

What a show off.

Jazhara
May 29, 2003, 10:13 AM
Give him a break, he's just trying to justify his own duped sword to his mates by announcing it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Vanango
May 29, 2003, 10:42 AM
On 2003-05-28 13:09, SubstanceD wrote:
Okay being the stupid newb that I am I am going to take a random shot at this unsealing theory, does it involve grinding the Sealed J Sword to it's max before doing anything else to it, it just seems like one of the things that most people might overlook because they want to save thier grinders for a Tsumikiri -J Sword.

You can't grind the Sealed J Sword. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Also, my 2nd theory, doesn't work. Tested it with a friend. I casted every technique on him including anti (after paralysing him), s/d and j/z. The megid was tricky since I'm a lvl 130 Fonewearl w/ lvl 28 megid. I ended up borrowing an Evil Curst and using the special to cast on him. Regardless after cycling through my techniques on him nothing happened. I even let him kill me afterwards.

So unless the order of cast matters this theory was just another rumor. *shrug*

As for the orginal poster of this thread your motives are transparent. If or when someone else discovers the trick you'll come running out bragging how you figured it out in less time and earlier, that's nice. Guess what? That's not impressing anyone and on top of that the majority of people here won't believe you care, so don't expect to get any credit.

*yawns*

NeoPhatnutz
May 29, 2003, 10:57 AM
I've been wanting the Sealed J-Sword for some time...I'd do anything in my power to solve the mystery if I could just get one through a trade...

Now, lets see. This Skyly guy does indeed sound like crap. One thing I don't understand tho. If you don't believe that he knows how to unseal it, how come everyone seems to go right along with him disproving the Popular theory on it? Has anyone tried that as well and found that it's not true? I just don't think that we should toss the killing of enemies bit since he already can't be trusted. After all, many people have had the Sealed, and asked how to unseal it. Many times the answer was simply to kill 2300 enemies or something like that without unequipping or saving and quitting, and having the ATP requirement for the Tsumikiri in advance. Has no one tried this out with the Sealed J without result?

If not, then another method must be in order. The thought of having it done in a quest is intriguing. Not likely in my mind, but I can't prove it isn't. For one, it can't be done in a quest that ST hasn't released yet, cause only duping and not hacking is possible in GC, so far as I know. That means SOME people out there did it...

If through a quest, I wonder.....

(the name "Unsealed Door" comes to mind...great, there goes another rumor...)

Soukosa
May 29, 2003, 11:01 AM
Just a thought, but has anyone tried killing every type of enemy in the game with it?

NeoPhatnutz
May 29, 2003, 11:07 AM
Hm, something to think about...

Lets see...I could easily do it on Hard, since Falz's 3rd form only appears from then on. Then....

Oh no, wait...unless you CAN save & quit, you couldn't go from one Episode to the other...hmm...

Soukosa
May 29, 2003, 12:51 PM
I don't see why the game wouldn't save the kill data between sessions. I mean, if it can't remember whether an enemy was of a rare variant or not, why would it remember how many or what enemies have been killed with it? The game can save data for quests, so why not for a weapon?

Classix
May 29, 2003, 02:05 PM
If it were possible to legitimately unseal the sword in the game, not only would it have been figured out by now, but there would be plenty of guides on how to do it.

It's just the way it works. Someone would want credit for their discovery and would thus have to provide proof.

At this point I don't think there is a way. I have a feeling Sonic Team intended to use it as a quest at some point, but because of all the dupes and such of it going around they decided to just not even bother.

Wriath
May 29, 2003, 03:24 PM
hmm, a long shot here, what about doing every combo possbile? special heavy special, light light light, ect...... all techniques? if they mean sword techniques, that just might do it.

Rhete
May 29, 2003, 04:20 PM
On 2003-05-29 12:05, Classix wrote:
If it were possible to legitimately unseal the sword in the game, not only would it have been figured out by now, but there would be plenty of guides on how to do it.

I disagree. There HAS to be a way to unseal it, because its not banned online. If unsealing it was part of a future quest, it would be unbanned when that quest was released

CakeMan
May 29, 2003, 05:22 PM
[b]i cant believe i haven't thought of this till now CAST SHIFTA ON IT..... i would do it but i could never find a Sealed J sword.. A SHIFTA.... if that doesn't work then screw the sword.

malinko
May 29, 2003, 05:37 PM
On 2003-05-28 20:23, Dime wrote:

On 2003-05-28 11:18, Tigertron wrote:

He's bullshitting us, and not offering any help. That's what I mean.

And no, I can't give you hints. I recieved my TJS...that's right...it's a

DUPE!!!!

Ditto.

Reenee
May 29, 2003, 05:59 PM
On 2003-05-29 15:22, CakeMan wrote:
[b]i cant believe i haven't thought of this till now CAST SHIFTA ON IT..... i would do it but i could never find a Sealed J sword.. A SHIFTA.... if that doesn't work then screw the sword.

That has got to be the most rediculous theory ever.

The_Hero_Of_Time
May 29, 2003, 06:24 PM
On 2003-05-29 13:24, Wriath wrote:
hmm, a long shot here, what about doing every combo possbile? special heavy special, light light light, ect...... all techniques? if they mean sword techniques, that just might do it.

I like that idea, did anyone try that?

There has to be a way to unsealing the damn sword. Only a matter of time till one of us finds it out. If I happen to find out(which I highly doubt it, considering I don't have one)Then I will tell everyone, and wishing you people will do the same.

excecutor
May 29, 2003, 07:57 PM
i like the sword techniche theory, and if anyone can and is willing to try i might be able to help a bit. there are 27 possible sword techniches that are involved. so just make sure that u do all 27 cus there are that many.

The_Hero_Of_Time
May 29, 2003, 08:30 PM
L
L.L

S
S.S

E
E.E

L.S
L.E
S.L
S.E
E.L
E.S

L.L.L

L.S.L
L.S.S
L.L.S

L.E.L
L.E.E
L.L.E

E.E.E

E.S.E
E.S.S
E.E.S

E.E.L
E.L.E
E.L.L

S.S.S

S.L.S
S.L.L
S.S.L

S.E.S
S.E.E
S.S.E

L.S.E
L.E.S
S.E.L
S.L.E
E.S.L
E.L.S

I got 39 I think, I dont feel like counting again.

key(if you are retarted)
E=Extra attack
L=Light attack
S=Strong attack

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The_Hero_Of_Time on 2003-05-30 12:44 ]</font>

Rhete
May 29, 2003, 08:53 PM
On 2003-05-29 18:30, The_Hero_Of_Time wrote:key(if you are retarted)

You spelled retarded wrong

Also theres more than 27, 3 hit combos arent everything

The_Hero_Of_Time
May 29, 2003, 08:56 PM
On 2003-05-29 18:53, Rhete wrote:

On 2003-05-29 18:30, The_Hero_Of_Time wrote:key(if you are retarted)

You spelled retarded wrong

Also theres more than 27, 3 hit combos arent everything

O ya, I dont read my post before I send them, meh o well, I dont really care.

shiznitty
May 29, 2003, 09:47 PM
maybe you have to unseal it in a japanese online quest...

Monomate
May 29, 2003, 10:18 PM
man...ya'll are impatient...i'm just a stupid newbie and all, but i mean, A.) I would at least wait until i had the damn thing to start worrying about how to unseal it, and 2.) I think the sealed J-sword is cool enough for me (possibly because i dont grind my weapons unless necessary [you know for like the Dark Flow and stuff]). Or maybe i'm just retarded...oh well...besides, it's obvious the guy doesn't know how to unseal the sword so why care?

Monomate
May 30, 2003, 10:57 AM
On 2003-05-28 20:33, shiznitty wrote:
well, maybe you have to unseal it in a quest, like the quest with the orotiagito unsealing. and maybe sonic team hasnt come out with it yet. Just a guess

Maybe it's the same exact quest as the orotiagito...has anyone tried that yet? If you can do one sword there why not another?

spyder101
May 30, 2003, 02:28 PM
On 2003-05-30 08:57, deathscythe_hell_custom wrote:

Maybe it's the same exact quest as the orotiagito...has anyone tried that yet? If you can do one sword there why not another?

Hmm....You may be on to something here....

If anyone has tried out any of the above techniques, please post, so that we know if they work or not. As for now, we will just have to wait until the mystery is solved

BrokenHope
May 30, 2003, 02:59 PM
On 2003-05-29 14:20, Rhete wrote:

I disagree. There HAS to be a way to unseal it, because its not banned online. If unsealing it was part of a future quest, it would be unbanned when that quest was released

Flame Garment was hacked and duped weeks before knowing ones heart was out so, i don't even believe anything is banned online, just another excuse from barubary on why he didn't spread the hacks even tho he's about the only one capable of making them.

Rhete
May 30, 2003, 03:11 PM
On 2003-05-30 12:59, Broken Hope wrote:

Flame Garment was hacked and duped weeks before knowing ones heart was out so, i don't even believe anything is banned online, just another excuse from barubary on why he didn't spread the hacks even tho he's about the only one capable of making them.

As far as I know the colored rings are still banned online (for gamecube at least)

Tekershee
May 31, 2003, 04:35 AM
My Theory which obviously won't work.

Get a force to hold it in his/her inventory and then cast spells...

rena-ko
May 31, 2003, 05:13 AM
i doubt barubary is the only one who could hack pso items... how about hex editing pso savefiles via that usb memcard? with enough time at hand and some research it might be possible to autodidact yourself.

LysanderxX
May 31, 2003, 11:34 AM
Just so you know, you don't have to do the Seat of Heart quest to get a legit Flame Garment. It is possible to fine Merikl and Mericus just by going through the Jungle area. They are just rare kinds of Mericarol. People have seen them before but not very often recieved a rare from one.

Soukosa
May 31, 2003, 12:16 PM
On 2003-05-31 03:13, rena-ko wrote:
i doubt barubary is the only one who could hack pso items... how about hex editing pso savefiles via that usb memcard? with enough time at hand and some research it might be possible to autodidact yourself.

The character files are encrypted, so one would have to figure out the encryption before being able to hack items that way.

scmfxt
May 31, 2003, 12:36 PM
It's true that PSO save files are encrypted and the key changes every time it save. So hacking will be a challenge. Oh well, it least there won't be a flood of hacked items running loose.

Oop.. off topic. Anyways, I might just try all the different theories that mentioned here to unseal the Sealed J-Sword. Probably better if I do it offline since too many distraction online.

excecutor
May 31, 2003, 01:57 PM
On 2003-05-31 09:34, LysanderxX wrote:
Just so you know, you don't have to do the Seat of Heart quest to get a legit Flame Garment. It is possible to fine Merikl and Mericus just by going through the Jungle area. They are just rare kinds of Mericarol. People have seen them before but not very often recieved a rare from one.

this is kinda off topic, but there are episode 2 rare monsters? i never knew that there were rare forms of mericarol. has this happened often? is there anyone out there that has seen these things? sorry but i am very curious to this whole subject.

lordinviso
May 31, 2003, 04:17 PM
Ok everyone I have been working on this Sealed-J Sword for some time myself. And I have an idea which I have heard. To unseal the sealed j sword(maybe this will work I myself am to lazy to try this theory even though I can) go online and do the Heat Sword quest on normal about 18-19 times. I know its a lot but on normal there is a less chance that you will die. Also you can kill enemies in one hit and receive the necessary amount of monsters needed to kill to unlock the sword if in fact that is how you unseal the sword in the first place. And if anyone wants my sealed j sword to do this I will gladly trade it. I have a Tsumikiri(duped of course) anyways.

Reenee
May 31, 2003, 05:07 PM
You didn't read the entire thread, did you?

Read the thread before you post!

LysanderxX
May 31, 2003, 11:17 PM
In the Seat of Heart Quest and the East Tower quest, you can find 3 Merikl and 1 Mericus normaly. If you were playing offline or going through the Jungle, you could sometimes find a rare version of Mericarol. If you read Elly's message about the Jungle area, when it talks about the Mericarol, it says rare forms exist. This was obviously before the new quests.

Khaotika
Jun 1, 2003, 05:36 AM
Try equipping it and using Book of Hitogata on it.

-Khao

M8TRIX
Jun 1, 2003, 10:33 AM
im gonna try the combo theory today, ill get my friends J Sword.. only thing is that im on Xbox not GC. I also think the oritagito quest may unseal it since its made by the same guy

deathsshadow
Jun 1, 2003, 10:49 AM
hmmmmmm maybe theres some item that hasent come out yet that they might include in a future event that unlocks the sealed J ie something in a jack o lantern...

Madzozs
Jun 1, 2003, 12:01 PM
I tried the combo theory. Tried the list straight down, and then backwards too. Nothing happened.

The_Hero_Of_Time
Jun 1, 2003, 12:30 PM
On 2003-06-01 10:01, Madzozs wrote:
I tried the combo theory. Tried the list straight down, and then backwards too. Nothing happened.

Damn, alright, there goes another theory.

jspacemunkey
Jun 1, 2003, 01:25 PM
just curious...
someone suggested having the sword in a force's inventory and casting all the techniques. because everything we've heard is a rumor, it seems possible that the sword doesn't have to be equipped to unseal. anyway, wondering if anyone here has tried that.
also, considering that what's-his-face is probably lying about his legit tsumikiri j-sword, is it not possible that he's lying about his friend? i don't know anyone who's tried to unseal the sword by killing the 2300 enemies, or whatever, rumored to cause the sword to unseal. someone oughta double-check that if it hasn't been done already. honestly though, as the description says "techniques" i doubt it's a kill count issue.
anyway, i'm a little sleepy right now, so if i missed something while reading through the thread, and someone has tried both these options, forgive me.

jc

p.s. i'm pretty sure it's possible to make the tsumikiri j-sword, btw. a lot of people claim that it's not available in game yet for whatever reason. i've got a tsumikiri, and i believe it's a dupe of a legit one, which means they can be made. why do i believe this? look at the hacked bkb's on x-box. whoever made 'em was generous and gave 'em massive photon percents. the tsumikiri's going around in trade typically have no photon percents. doesn't mean they're guaranteed dupes and not hacks, but i think it's more likely.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jspacemunkey on 2003-06-01 11:37 ]</font>

M8TRIX
Jun 1, 2003, 01:57 PM
naw we did that 2300 kill thing already, that definetly doesnt work and will never play that much pso in one week again

spyder101
Jun 1, 2003, 02:18 PM
HAHHAHAHAHA!!!! You guys can thank me later!!! I found out how to unseal the j-sword!!!!! OMG i was sooooooo happy when I got it to unseal!!!

OK, heres what you need to do:
just think about the clues. You have to UNSEAL the j sword by removing an UNKNOWN STAMP. The name that it makes, Tsumikiri, is the name of a person who appeared on iron chef. CHEF=FOOD..... Use Chocolate on the j-sword to unseal it.....!!!!!!! Chocolate is all techniques!!! Am I a genius or what!!!!

(If you didnt realize it, I was just joking the whole time....sorry to all those people who got their hopes up...but i couldnt resist http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

Reenee
Jun 1, 2003, 03:07 PM
Aww, now I got the grip all smudgy...

Oh well... *smashes the twit upside the head with the Sealed-J*

Elusive_Llama
Jun 1, 2003, 03:45 PM
Description from Prophets of Motav:

"An ancient document left by the developers of techniques. There may be secrets hidden inside..."

As far as I know, PoM gives a boost to ra-techs and casts J/Z as a special. Those don't sound like those 'secrets hidden inside' to me. Why not give it a shot?

The_Hero_Of_Time
Jun 1, 2003, 04:11 PM
On 2003-06-01 13:45, Elusive_Llama wrote:

"An ancient document left by the developers of techniques. There may be secrets hidden inside..."

As far as I know, PoM gives a boost to ra-techs and casts J/Z as a special. Those don't sound like those 'secrets hidden inside' to me. Why not give it a shot?

I dont have one(PoM) or else I would try it, someone who has both, try it to see if it works.

On 2003-06-01 12:18, spyder101 wrote:
HAHHAHAHAHA!!!! You guys can thank me later!!! I found out how to unseal the j-sword!!!!! OMG i was sooooooo happy when I got it to unseal!!!

OK, heres what you need to do:
just think about the clues. You have to UNSEAL the j sword by removing an UNKNOWN STAMP. The name that it makes, Tsumikiri, is the name of a person who appeared on iron chef. CHEF=FOOD..... Use Chocolate on the j-sword to unseal it.....!!!!!!! Chocolate is all techniques!!! Am I a genius or what!!!!

(If you didnt realize it, I was just joking the whole time....sorry to all those people who got their hopes up...but i couldnt resist http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

Hey, Hey, now, everything in the game is a possibility(sp) to unlocking it. Someone try it.

Foxx-
Jun 1, 2003, 10:53 PM
Neo and I have come into posession of a Sealed-J
We're racking our brains about it, as I'm sure many others are.

It was said already that the combo idea didn't work, and he tried that as well. Still a no-go.
Next time I go over, we can try the "use all the techniques" trick, because I don't think he has a force.

Let's see, what else could it be. Perhaps there's a particular order one needs to perform the 39 combos in? Or an order for the magic techniques?
Since I have no real knowledge on the Book of Hitogata or Prophets of Motav so I couldn't even begin to speculate.

HaLLa
Jun 2, 2003, 06:33 AM
I was thinkin and heres what I thought of.

Try this....

it says use all techniques or whatever.

why dont you equip the sword and then trying USING all techniques that you can. Dont CAST them I mean use them. Have the discs and then in the item menu choose USE.

Thats all I can think of for now.

HellrazerX
Jun 2, 2003, 07:31 AM
Did anyone try the 2000-3000 kill theory offline. Without quiting and doing the quests over and over again to refill the normal levels with enimies?

NeoPhatnutz
Jun 2, 2003, 07:54 AM
Well, the Agito quest idea didn't work, so scratch that one. I think I'll try the 2500 kill limit offline for now.

Does anyone know of any downloadable quests with lots of baddies?

HaLLa
Jun 2, 2003, 02:44 PM
im pretty sure that people have said the kill theory doesnt work

The_Hero_Of_Time
Jun 2, 2003, 02:49 PM
someone should try HaLLas idea, also who is going to try the PoM thing?

Foxx-
Jun 2, 2003, 08:38 PM
On 2003-06-02 05:54, NeoPhatnutz wrote:
Well, the Agito quest idea didn't work, so scratch that one. I think I'll try the 2500 kill limit offline for now.

Does anyone know of any downloadable quests with lots of baddies?

It's my understanding that Soul of a Blacksmith has a lot of enemies to it.

But I believe it's been mentioned at least twice that killing 2300 or 2500 or 3000 enemies doesn't exactly work. Feel free to try it, at any rate.

The wording on the description wouldn't lend itself to that idea, though, I don't think. "Using" every technique, rather than attacking with every technique, is an interesting idea, but might be taking the wording too literally.
On the other hand, thinking that way might be exactly how ST wants you to, and that would actually be the correct way to go about unsealing the sword.

This brings up another question about the sword, if that's indeed how to open it: does it need to be equipped by the user of the technique discs? If yes, that may pose a problem for the upper-level characters that have at least one maxed technique. A new character, while capable of using the technique discs, wouldn't possibly meet the 910 ATP req of the Tsukimiri. It's been shown with other items that, before you can upgrade a weapon/armor, it needs to be equippable at the new stats first.

Someone with either the Book of Hitogata or Prophets of Motav needs to try using them on the sword. Don't ask me how though @_@

dj_dan
Jun 2, 2003, 08:48 PM
If you're going to look for clues from the item description I'd advise something first.

Ask someone who can read Japanese, and get them to read the Sealed-J description with the language setting to JP.

I know for a fact that the JP setting sometimes has a better description of weapons.
i.e. Berdysh
-- Only Android Hunters can equip this weapon due to it's stringent requirments --

Something similar to that, but when you change the languange to JP, you will see that it does indeed mention PB in the item description (thus informing you of the Berdysh's special attack).

So back to my point, check out the JP description of the Sealed-J before coming to any conclusions... I have a feeling the english description is a red herring.

The_Hero_Of_Time
Jun 2, 2003, 08:50 PM
One other thing, You might not need the 910 ATP to unlock the sword, since lets say... You are a FOrce and you have a mag with 185 MST. If you have a weapon that need a cartain # of MST and you have it on you, but remove the mag, it just automatically unequips the weapon. which leads me to believe that it might just unequip it.

VulpesMundi
Jun 2, 2003, 09:32 PM
I believe at some point or another (not in this topic) Barubary had mentioned going through the game code and found no counter or variable attached to the Sealed J-Sword. This would lead anyone to believe that unsealing it has nothing to do with any kind of numerical equations or the like. This would include kill counts, technique counts, combo counts, etc. My guess is that either the weapon randomly unseals or an item must be used on it to get it to unseal. Makes me wish I could find one (and I have been trying) so I can test some things out.

Unfortunately, I only know a small amount of Japanese and I'm wondering if anybody knows what tsumikiri means? Also I just discovered something kinda interesting. If you set your language to Japanese, start a game, type tsumikiri in hiragana and press spacebar twice the game will automatically come up with TSUMIKIRI J-SWORD.

Edit: Another interesting thing I noticed is that in Japanese the Sealed and Tsumikiri J-Swords are referred to as Nodachi (Tsumikiri Nodachi). Nodachi, from what I've learned, look like katana but are so large that they require two hands to properly use. For lack of a better example, the Tsumikiri J-Sword does indeed look like a Nodachi.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-06-02 20:32 ]</font>

HaLLa
Jun 2, 2003, 09:42 PM
I think someone should try Dans idea and see if the Japanese translation gives any more clues

jspacemunkey
Jun 2, 2003, 11:10 PM
so many good ideas popping up in this thread. i wish i wasn't so rusty with my japanese, or i'd lend a hand.

everyone has probably considered this, but make sure the sealed j-sword you are trying to unseal isn't hacked. i don't know how hacking works with pso, but i know generally that hacking involves manipulating code. it seems plausible that a hacked sealed j-sword's coding might be imperfect, hence it may not unseal properly (be it by interacting with another item or whatnot). a found j-sword would be the safest bet.
anyway, you all probably took that into account.

good luck to all those testing everything out!

jc

ex
Jun 3, 2003, 01:58 AM
this is probably nothing, but i was just wondering if the symbol on the seal is a clue as to how to unseal it. Does it relate to another item or look like anything in particular? Well, just throwing out some more suggestions.

dropslash
Jun 3, 2003, 05:58 AM
For anyone searching, the term "Nodachi" is commonly used for what is really an "Odachi".

Nodachi is a field sword. Odachi literally means "big thick sword", they're classified by length. The J-Sword is an Odachi.

According to legend, one of the 3 divine gifts given to the First Emperor of Japan from Ameterasu (The Sun Goddess) was the "Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi" (Grass Cutter) or "Ama no Murakumo no Tsurugi" (Sword Of The Billowing Clouds), a sword pulled from the tail of Orochi, the 8 headed snake god.

The other two gifts were Yasakani-no-Magatama or Hakkeshu Magamata, The Jewel and Yata-no-Kagami, or Yata Mirror.

In other legends, it's said that these 3 items were used to seal the Orochi.

The reason i'm saying all this, is because there are a lot of references to the Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi being an Odachi. The J-Sword could be ST's take on this sword.

Sega's not the first to borrow this legend, you'll probably recognize these names from SNK games, as well as Square games, each adapting it for their own use. Anyway...

I'm not sure if there's any mirrors in PSO, i know there's some jewels and stones though. Maybe when combined with the Sealed J, they can unseal it.

edit/add: Also, according to legend, only the true Emperor of Japan can weild the Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi, which makes me wonder about about stat/other requirements of the user before it will unseal. It's possible that you may have to reach a stat requirement to unseal the sword, not necessarily use the already unsealed version. The Tsumikiri J-Sword checks your stats like all other weapons before it can be used, maybe the Sealed J-Sword checks for the Unsealed stats before it will unseal. After all, why would it unseal if you wouldn't even be able to use the Tsumikiri version. Is there a possibility is checks for BASE stats before it will unseal? This could give rise to the slaying 2300 monster myth, as someone at a high enough level killing that many monsters might level up, clear the stat requirement and unseal the sword.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dropslash on 2003-06-03 04:22 ]</font>

The_Hero_Of_Time
Jun 3, 2003, 06:22 AM
Alright, I know someone who can speak and read Japanese, but the only problem is I have no way of seeing the Japanese text, If someone could get a picture and upload it to this thread I could show him.

Also, I bet someone already tryed it, but who has tryed a Photon Sphere on one?

On 2003-06-02 23:58, ex wrote:
this is probably nothing, but i was just wondering if the symbol on the seal is a clue as to how to unseal it. Does it relate to another item or look like anything in particular? Well, just throwing out some more suggestions.

Every suggestion is a possibility, I will try to think if there is another weapon(or item) in the game.

On 2003-06-03 03:58, dropslash wrote:
For anyone searching, the term "Nodachi" is commonly used for what is really an "Odachi".

Nodachi is a field sword. Odachi literally means "big thick sword", they're classified by length. The J-Sword is an Odachi.

According to legend, one of the 3 divine gifts given to the First Emperor of Japan from Ameterasu (The Sun Goddess) was the "Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi" (Grass Cutter) or "Ama no Murakumo no Tsurugi" (Sword Of The Billowing Clouds), a sword pulled from the tail of Orochi, the 8 headed snake god.

The other two gifts were Yasakani-no-Magatama or Hakkeshu Magamata, The Jewel and Yata-no-Kagami, or Yata Mirror.

In other legends, it's said that these 3 items were used to seal the Orochi.

The reason i'm saying all this, is because there are a lot of references to the Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi being an Odachi. The J-Sword could be ST's take on this sword.

Sega's not the first to borrow this legend, you'll probably recognize these names from SNK games, as well as Square games, each adapting it for their own use. Anyway...

I'm not sure if there's any mirrors in PSO, i know there's some jewels and stones though. Maybe when combined with the Sealed J, they can unseal it.

Or maybe they took a play out of SNK's book. Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi is the reason for the name Kyo Kusanagi, Kyo's thing is fire, maybe it has to be lit on fire to lift the seal. (HA! this is such a long shot, but i had to put it here)

edit/add: Also, according to legend, only the true Emperor of Japan can weild the Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi, which makes me wonder about about stat/other requirements of the user before it will unseal.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dropslash on 2003-06-03 04:02 ]</font>

Very intresting, mabye the key to unlocking it is bringing all the katanas together. Like have a HUnters using diffrent katanas and see what happens.

AppieDPC
Jun 3, 2003, 07:41 AM
On 2003-06-02 21:10, jspacemunkey wrote:
so many good ideas popping up in this thread. i wish i wasn't so rusty with my japanese, or i'd lend a hand.

everyone has probably considered this, but make sure the sealed j-sword you are trying to unseal isn't hacked. i don't know how hacking works with pso, but i know generally that hacking involves manipulating code. it seems plausible that a hacked sealed j-sword's coding might be imperfect, hence it may not unseal properly (be it by interacting with another item or whatnot). a found j-sword would be the safest bet.
anyway, you all probably took that into account.

good luck to all those testing everything out!

jc

Hmmm all j-swords on ngc r dupes(or most of em anyway lol) which means they were found once. And even if they were hacks they would still b the same cause if they were even the slightest bit different from a legit sealed j ST could ban them in no time.

Hmmm interesting thought. I have the Sealed J and PoM. I could check if this works but a m8 has them both atm. I should get em back 2nite i will let ya ppl know (of course). But i doubt this will work since some JPN player would have thought this up by now(or already did?!) and some JPN who know english (some m8s of mine on pso) would have gotten that info by now and given it 2 me lol. Then again maybe just some JPN players know. Since both Sealed J and PoM r pretty fukkin rare 2 find both.
Mine r dupes btw so dont go callin me lucky or somethin alltho it is handy 2 check these kind of theorys with it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AppieDPC on 2003-06-03 05:46 ]</font>

jspacemunkey
Jun 3, 2003, 08:33 AM
appiedpc -- good point there. should've thought of that. st wouldn't allow an imperfectly hacked item to exist for very long.

dropslash -- in the context of the legend you mention, how is one recognized as/how does one become the emperor of japan? i ask because there might be some parallel in the game. perhaps we need to do something to our characters that then causes the j-sword to unseal, or allows us to use items (if, say, the PoM thing works or whatever) to unseal the j-sword, etc. unless of course the first emperor was established with the divine gift of the odachi. anyway, a little farfetched, but worth a shot.

jc

dropslash
Jun 3, 2003, 04:10 PM
According to legend, the First Emperor of Japan was the grandson of Amaterasu. Well, actually, the sword was given to Ninigi, the great grandfather of Jinmu (who is considered the first real Emperor of Japan). Amaterasu received the sword from her brother Susanou, who slayed the Orochi.

Another tradition born from this legend was that Samurai, to associate themselves and draw on the bravery of Susanou, would spill Sake on their swords before a fight.

For note, the Mirror is sometimes referred to as
"The Flower of Eight Petals Mirror".

Much of this legend revolves around Amaterasu, which makes me wonder if time of day or beat time is an issue with unsealing the sword. After all, Morning Glory is stronger during the day, why wouldn't a sword based in a legend of The Divine Goddess of the Sun have a similar trait?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dropslash on 2003-06-03 14:12 ]</font>

Logical2u
Jun 3, 2003, 05:20 PM
I have no experience in J-Swords, but try using those Magic Stones on it.

AppieDPC
Jun 4, 2003, 05:05 AM
Hmmmm well the Sealed-J Sword+Prophet's of Motav theory failed. I didnt get a "Use" option on the PoM when i equipped the Sealed J and selected the PoM.
Btw i tried it on my lv 144 HUnewearl with a base atp more then capable of handlin a tj sword: (1107) lol.
It was a nice idea tho from Elusive_Llama.

Shimarisu
Jun 4, 2003, 08:21 AM
Hey all,

I can read Japanese. Post or mail me a screenshot or ALTERNATIVELY, arrange to meet me in PSO. I'm Shimarisu, a HUnewearl at level 77 (might be more when you see me) with a J over my head. I constantly play in Japanese.
Do not lend your sealed J sword to anyone else, heh. But I am a legit player who would be happy to look at a dupe to solve this problem once and for all. If you can trust me enough to show me your legit sword, then fair enough. I will give it back, it sounds like it's a really good sword anyway and I don't deserve it if I didn't find it. I'm on Antares 8 usually and plenty of people I'm sure can vouch for my integrity. Please email if you want to meet up. I KNOW for a fact that many of the descriptions in English are whack, because a lot is cut out to fit the ASCII in (which takes up far more space than Japanese). I don't get a lot of the text when I play in Japanese. Anyone tried the VR typing quest? The translation in that... my god.

- Shimarisu (I am itching to solve this and finally gain popularity on these boards, heh)

HellrazerX
Jun 4, 2003, 09:16 AM
Check out this page I can't read it but I think it has the descriptions for the weapons in Japanesehttp://www1.kcn.ne.jp/~gt-0226/pso/grare_h2.htm

Shimarisu
Jun 4, 2003, 09:42 AM
"Nazo no shirushi ni yotte sono chikara o fuujirareta taiko no katana. Waza
o mattou suru koto de sono fuuin ga tokareru to iu"

An ancient sword (katana) sealed by the power of a mysterious seal. It is said that that seal can be removed by fulfilling/accomplishing the technique(
s).

Now the problem is:

Technique can mean 'act', or 'deed' also (though I think the game may use this phrase to mean technique. I'll have to check).

It does not necessarily mean all the techniques. There is a grey area here.There is no plural. I'm pretty sure if it meant ALL, then it would say 'fuuin wo subete mattou suru koto".

I will look into it. But it's pointing at a future quest, IMO.

ValiusTrigger
Jun 4, 2003, 05:28 PM
LollipopLolita

Thanks man your real cool.
(Anyone who dosen't understand, don't ask.)

Everyone else

Please say what has not worked.

Don't say "my friend tried this and it didn't work"

Only post what someone said they tried, and din't work.

I am a long way from geting the Sealed J sword I am lvl 99 humar just now in the mines.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ValiusTrigger on 2003-06-04 15:29 ]</font>

M8TRIX
Jun 4, 2003, 06:57 PM
On 2003-06-04 07:42, Shimarisu wrote:
"Nazo no shirushi ni yotte sono chikara o fuujirareta taiko no katana. Waza
o mattou suru koto de sono fuuin ga tokareru to iu"

An ancient sword (katana) sealed by the power of a mysterious seal. It is said that that seal can be removed by fulfilling/accomplishing the technique(
s).

Now the problem is:

Technique can mean 'act', or 'deed' also (though I think the game may use this phrase to mean technique. I'll have to check).

It does not necessarily mean all the techniques. There is a grey area here.There is no plural. I'm pretty sure if it meant ALL, then it would say 'fuuin wo subete mattou suru koto".

hmmmmm ya maybe... but umm was the J sword in DC becuase if it was then.... i dont think there would b a quest no on DC for the J sword. Waza
o mattou suru koto de sono fuuin ga tokareru to iu does mean it is told (said rusty) that the seal can be gone (leave) by ... dont kno those words.... but i do see the technique.. so its singular(so-ne)... i dont kno.. this is odd, i wonder if sega did this on purpose ugh i gotta get better with japanese
son, ni ichi zero DOMO!!! (omg i prolly said those numbers wrong as well)

VulpesMundi
Jun 4, 2003, 07:11 PM
Yeah, both the Sealed J-Sword and Tsumikiri J-Sword are in the DC & PC versions. However, I think the Tsumikiri J-Sword is still banned online in those versions and ST never gave the method for unsealing the Sealed J-Sword (which was presumably going to appear in a quest). The same can be said of the Double Cannon and Guld Milla in those versions. Those were supposed to have been made by using the Joint Parts on either a Lavis Blade or the Guld and Milla to combine them into a new weapon, but the quest that allowed that was never added. Ironically, people who hack the PC version can get around the item bans and still use anything online.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-06-04 17:12 ]</font>

M8TRIX
Jun 4, 2003, 07:36 PM
really? dang hmmm maybe if we ASK SEGA TEAM ill try today if im not studying for regents

The_Hero_Of_Time
Jun 4, 2003, 08:54 PM
I love it how people are making new topics about unsealing the J-Sword. I think its funny how they dont read other posts before posting.

Reenee
Jun 4, 2003, 09:04 PM
Sega is not in any way affiliated in the creation of the game. They're just Sega, a publisher. Not Sega Team or any crap like that.

M8TRIX
Jun 4, 2003, 10:08 PM
o i c...who r the creators?

shiznitty
Jun 4, 2003, 10:56 PM
sonic team, now lets get back onto topic

Cecil_McW00t
Jun 5, 2003, 01:41 AM
Try this one, my friend just suggested it. Ok, try killing enemies with the Hell ability or "technique." Maybe thats what the description is referring to. Maybe it has to eat a certain amount of enemies souls with the Hell ability.

AppieDPC
Jun 5, 2003, 05:13 AM
On 2003-06-04 23:41, Cecil_McW00t wrote:
Try this one, my friend just suggested it. Ok, try killing enemies with the Hell ability or "technique." Maybe thats what the description is referring to. Maybe it has to eat a certain amount of enemies souls with the Hell ability.

Hmmm seein the Japanse translation u might b on 2 something http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
2300 kills with just the special?

ValiusTrigger
Jun 5, 2003, 07:23 AM
I said that! here! here! here! LOOK! I SAID IT FIRST!!! sorry....
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=53849&forum=7&0

But some power hungery mod locked the topic.
But I really thought it was a good Idea.
Oh well...

Foxx-
Jun 5, 2003, 02:15 PM
Neo tried killing things. He hit about 2500 before he called it in.

He also tried using every technique through a force while having the sword in the force's inventory.

From the japanese translation, it does sound like it might be killing enemies with the hell ability. I wouldn't think it's something overkill like 2300, though.

I'll pass this on, and anyone else who has it can also try http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Good luck, and let's hope this mystery goes down.

M8TRIX
Jun 5, 2003, 02:34 PM
anyone kno a Japanes PSO forum? i can go there and ask, they prolly have a better chance of finding out what it is then us

ValiusTrigger
Jun 5, 2003, 02:44 PM
Thanks Foxx-

I was almost sick of this place and all the smart azz's. I would be more then willing to try the specail kill idea!!!!!.......If I had a Sealed J sword...

The_Hero_Of_Time
Jun 5, 2003, 06:33 PM
Maybe it is like striker of chao? I dont know just thought it my have somthing to do with a mag. Meh I highly doubt it.

Reenee
Jun 5, 2003, 06:45 PM
No. The Japanese description was somewhat deciphered to say that you have to complete a certain action, not combine it with something else.

M8TRIX
Jun 5, 2003, 07:06 PM
but a technique could be anything....

Reenee
Jun 5, 2003, 09:27 PM
On 2003-06-05 16:45, Shapiro wrote:
...you have to complete a certain action, not combine it with something else.

Of course it can be anything.

Guntz348
Jun 5, 2003, 09:33 PM
On 2003-06-04 17:11, VulpesMundi wrote:
Yeah, both the Sealed J-Sword and Tsumikiri J-Sword are in the DC & PC versions. However, I think the Tsumikiri J-Sword is still banned online in those versions and ST never gave the method for unsealing the Sealed J-Sword (which was presumably going to appear in a quest). The same can be said of the Double Cannon and Guld Milla in those versions. Those were supposed to have been made by using the Joint Parts on either a Lavis Blade or the Guld and Milla to combine them into a new weapon, but the quest that allowed that was never added. Ironically, people who hack the PC version can get around the item bans and still use anything online.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-06-04 17:12 ]</font>

Well Vulpes, I read what you said and I agree with you about the new quest. Also I wanna say thank you for telling me what the joint parts are for. I have those sitting in my bank in my DC game and really wanted to know what the hell they were for. I had heard they were to make a double cannon but I could never figure out how to use them on my lavis blades. So the double cannon was always banned on DC huh? I was wondering why I didn't remeber seeing any in there. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Foxx-
Jun 5, 2003, 10:21 PM
Neo has been trying a kill-count on the sealed j.

Also, he's attempting another theory he heard online today: kill one of each normal-type enemy with the hell ability. Run through normal on eps 1 and 2, should be a piece of cake.

This theory, however, has a snag. As Neo put it: "Ever try to hit a Canane with a sword?"
He can't knock the red thing down, as he doesn't want to unequip the sword, and, being a HUcaseal, has no techs to speak of. A damage trap kills it outright, so that's no good either.

This brings us to a pivotal question: can you unequip the sword without completing the daunting task of "hell"ing every enemy type? If the answer is yes, then he can pick up a handgun or something and knock the sucker down. If no... well, he'd lose his progress throughout forest and caves.

jspacemunkey
Jun 5, 2003, 10:28 PM
he should play online, in a passworded game, and allow a friend to join long enough to shoot the canane down (with a very basic, low damage gun). i think that's the only way around unequipping the weapon. could also do this in offline multi, but it would stink having the reduced screen-size and having to move to characters around.

jc

ValiusTrigger
Jun 5, 2003, 11:37 PM
canane's ?!
canane's ?!
cccaannannee'ss !!!

LOL!! they come down after a while.
Just wait for them.

I like trying to hit a an enemy thats knocks you down even after weeking it.

It's so fun!

VulpesMundi
Jun 5, 2003, 11:52 PM
np Gunts.

Oh, I had another interesting idea. Has anybody tried using a Blue-Black Stone on the Sealed J-Sword? I noticed that the scabbard sealing the SJS is kinda bluish and mostly black. Not to mention that it seems kinda peculiar that the BBS is only known to work on one item (the Monkey King Bar). Who knows. Someone should give it a shot.

http://thegamespage.com/staff/mr/pso/sealed_j.png

Nickwillnotbe
Jun 6, 2003, 12:04 AM
Has anyone tried killing every boss with it?

HaLLa
Jun 6, 2003, 12:15 AM
there are so many things that you could try on it but who even knows if its possible to do now.

SolRiver
Jun 6, 2003, 12:38 AM
May I suggest something I thought of?

I am thinking something related to TsJsword's special... It was that big blue wave... Perhaps the requirement need something that have relationship with that big blue wave.

1st I thought of...
Maybe you have to use every single PB with the sword equiped...

2nd I thought of...
Maybe you need to reach a certain dmg that you done on an enemy... maybe try to hit 4000 per hit? (hopfully with 4 way PB s/d + s rank zalure with critical)

Anyway... Just a thought

CakeMan
Jun 6, 2003, 03:06 AM
if it is unlockable through a quest i hope it comes out soon.

Nai_Calus
Jun 6, 2003, 06:36 AM
Maybe if you use some Goo-Gone on the seal it'll go away.
...Yes? It's as likely to work as anything else. :-P
And hey, that HUnewearl has a sexy Mag. It looks just like my dear Fluffy... *blush*

Reenee
Jun 6, 2003, 08:18 AM
On 2003-06-06 01:06, CakeMan wrote:
if it is unlockable through a quest i hope it comes out soon.

Read the thread. Again. Closely.

ValiusTrigger
Jun 6, 2003, 08:55 AM
Wow! I am sorry guys... I am now at lvl 101 AND STILL GETING MY ASS HANDED TO ME BY THE SINOW BLUE/RED!! I don't normally go to the Eps. 2 until I finish Eps. 1. I know that Eps 2 is really going to make me feel the paaaaiiiinnnn.

So did Neo quit on the killing thing?
If so at what number?
Is anyone going to try the Specail Kill thing? I think it will work!

Foxx-
Jun 6, 2003, 08:45 PM
On 2003-06-05 21:37, ValiusTrigger wrote:
canane's ?!
canane's ?!
cccaannannee'ss !!!

LOL!! they come down after a while.
Just wait for them.

Um, actually, cananes don't.

They're the red ones in the center of six regular ones. They don't come down.

Last I heard, Neo was trying to slay one of every monster type with the Hell ability, but I haven't talked with him very much today. Maybe later tonight I'll get a chance to talk.

Soukosa
Jun 6, 2003, 08:57 PM
On 2003-06-06 06:55, ValiusTrigger wrote:
Wow! I am sorry guys... I am now at lvl 101 AND STILL GETING MY ASS HANDED TO ME BY THE SINOW BLUE/RED!!

Get used to it, they'll be doing that for awhile.

M8TRIX
Jun 6, 2003, 10:04 PM
lol that tru.. so @ wat point in levels does ultimate get... ez?

Reenee
Jun 6, 2003, 10:11 PM
It would be rather easier to answer your question if you could not only rephrase it, but get rid of the netspeak altogether as well.

ValiusTrigger
Jun 6, 2003, 10:49 PM
On 2003-06-06 20:11, Shapiro wrote:
It would be rather easier to answer your question if you could not only rephrase it, but get rid of the netspeak altogether as well.

Word yo! lol ( I agree!!)

As for everyone else ,and mostly Neo, Thank you all!
It's nice that we are finaly going to figure this out.

HaLLa
Jun 7, 2003, 02:07 AM
might figure it out. The things it could be are endless

PlatypusMaximus
Jun 7, 2003, 07:25 AM
On 2003-06-06 18:45, Foxx- wrote:

Um, actually, cananes don't.

They're the red ones in the center of six regular ones. They don't come down.

Actually, I'm fairly sure they do... I think you have to kill a couple of the others first, but I have been attacked up close by a canane before

rena-ko
Jun 7, 2003, 09:13 AM
no, the canane usually locks you up with the red laser, then vanishes...

Caecilius
Jun 7, 2003, 10:47 AM
I hate to break the news to you, but this topic isn't about cananes. It's about the unsealing of the elusive J-sword.
Thank you.

ValiusTrigger
Jun 7, 2003, 11:47 AM
WOW!!!! Caecilius can read and everything!

Someone give him a cookie!

we talking about it so Neo will know how to hit it with the death ability.

I am going to try it now.

AppieDPC
Jun 7, 2003, 01:21 PM
On 2003-06-05 22:38, SolRiver wrote:
May I suggest something I thought of?

I am thinking something related to TsJsword's special... It was that big blue wave... Perhaps the requirement need something that have relationship with that big blue wave.

1st I thought of...
Maybe you have to use every single PB with the sword equiped...

2nd I thought of...
Maybe you need to reach a certain dmg that you done on an enemy... maybe try to hit 4000 per hit? (hopfully with 4 way PB s/d + s rank zalure with critical)

Anyway... Just a thought

Hmmm....
*Goes off checkin of he has mags that make him have all pbs*. As 4 the 4pb combo thingy i will get back on that 2. Thx 4 the ideas dude. Perhaps they work worth a shot http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

On 2003-06-05 21:52, VulpesMundi wrote:
np Gunts.

Oh, I had another interesting idea. Has anybody tried using a Blue-Black Stone on the Sealed J-Sword? I noticed that the scabbard sealing the SJS is kinda bluish and mostly black. Not to mention that it seems kinda peculiar that the BBS is only known to work on one item (the Monkey King Bar). Who knows. Someone should give it a shot.

http://thegamespage.com/staff/mr/pso/sealed_j.png

Will look in2 this 2 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AppieDPC on 2003-06-07 11:22 ]</font>

shiznitty
Jun 7, 2003, 01:27 PM
i think its been tried before, and didnt work. ANyway, its the seal that needs to be unsealed, not the sheath. Sorry to rain on your theory http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

AppieDPC
Jun 7, 2003, 01:47 PM
On 2003-06-07 11:27, shiznitty wrote:
i think its been tried before, and didnt work. ANyway, its the seal that needs to be unsealed, not the sheath. Sorry to rain on your theory http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

hehe np man i know they prolly wont work but im gettin tired of this so im checkin every option so i know 4 sure what will and what wont work http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
And it never harms 2 try hehe

Foxx-
Jun 7, 2003, 03:47 PM
On 2003-06-06 20:04, M8TRIX wrote:
lol that tru.. so @ wat point in levels does ultimate get... ez?

Ouch... my ears started bleeding reading that. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

When does Ultimate get easy? How about never? Does never work for you?

Also, Neo's gonna try the BBS theory, once he gets another one (he made a BKB apparently)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Foxx- on 2003-06-07 13:51 ]</font>

Kaply
Jun 7, 2003, 08:21 PM
Has anyone ever tried to run straight through the game killing every enemy on every level instead of doing endless quest runs? Each time a quest ends, most things reset, ie. mag feeding counter. So it seems it would make sense that other counters on "items" would also reset.

M8TRIX
Jun 8, 2003, 12:54 AM
ya mayb u have 2 beat the game entirely (mayb even from norm 2 ultimate)

Firocket1690
Jun 8, 2003, 01:16 AM
I just read theough the whole forum
(Congratulate Me!)

anywho ... my 3 cents
a) has anyone tried all those theories at lvl 200 ??
b) has anyone tried it on a legit Sealed J ??
c) try the 2300 kills in ult
d) hEyY I said THREE cents http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

and I'm just curious... but if nobody can unseal it... does this mean that all the Tsuk J swords freely spreaded online are hacked ??

Reenee
Jun 8, 2003, 08:56 AM
On 2003-06-07 23:16, Firocket1690 wrote:
[quote]a) has anyone tried all those theories at lvl 200 ??

We're sure it's a matter of a usage requirement, not being at a certain level.

b) has anyone tried it on a legit Sealed J ??

The Sealed J-Swords out there you see were once legit...they're not hacked. It can be done on any Sealed J.

c) try the 2300 kills in ult

Someone tried it. Didn't work. Went almost to 5000 I heard.

Caecilius
Jun 8, 2003, 11:22 AM
IMHO, the mods should sticky this. It's becoming really helpful, seeing as a great number of us now OWN Sealed J Swords, me included.http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
And no, mine isn't hacked or duped. WtF do you mean by dupe anyway??? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/pandatummy.gif

ExcelExcel
Jun 8, 2003, 12:26 PM
Dupe is an exact copy of an item, a duplicate if you will.

The ancient sword which can seal the power with the sign of comment puzzle. You say the seal is solved by the fact that the industry is fulfilled

That's what altavista translated for me on the page I was given. Puzzle? Industry? Maybe we gotta kill Olga with it...which is darn hard

Foxx-
Jun 8, 2003, 01:08 PM
Just out of curiousity, can we get a translation of the Tsumikiri's description from japanese? That may contain helpful information.

Other items have such things as "enhanced with the power of the blue-black stone" or some such, maybe we'd get lucky there.

The kill theory, I think, is being ruled out as a possibility.
Some of us are of the mind that it's going to take an item used on it to unseal it, rather than something like killing everything with the hell ability, or using every tech on it.

And I second the sticky vote http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

jspacemunkey
Jun 8, 2003, 01:49 PM
sticky sounds good to me too.

i thought someone established that there is nothing in the sealed j-sword's code to indicate that the sword has a "counter" to track the number of enemies killed, or any other numerical value. maybe i'm wrong.

i think getting a translation from the japanese tsumikiri j-sword blurb is a very good idea. maybe the person who translated the sealed j would be so kind as to translate the tsu j.

jc

Reenee
Jun 8, 2003, 02:01 PM
I think it was Shimarisu who volunteered to do some JP translating.

Elusive_Llama
Jun 8, 2003, 08:18 PM
Tsujigiri: "To try out one's sword by taking the head of a passing stranger."

Tsuji = crossroads
Giri = cut

Coincidence? Maybe.

Slider
Jun 8, 2003, 10:26 PM
I'm not sure as to of who thinks what here but from what im reading and doing a little research here and there I have came to find nothing. But has anyone thought this I myself can't test this since my J-sword is duped but has anyone looked actualy at whats SEALING the J-sword as to see if it might have something on it. Like i said please dont bash me for this just my 2 cents.

Slider
Jun 8, 2003, 10:47 PM
Let's think of this also.. Most games put a comlpicated word problem such as the case with the J-sword but have a simple solution. Now im not saying that its simple to the point of you hit action on the item and you see a option to unseal NO!, but what i am saying is this maybe everyone is thinking so hard about this and the answer is right under their nose.......?

again this is the other half of my 2 cents so the post before it was actualy only 1 cent heres the other....?

red_death
Jun 8, 2003, 10:54 PM
this may be just a rumor, but ive heard about the book of kitana, which is supposed to be the item you use to unseal the j sword. and i dont remember but i may have seen the book. oh well if its not right, BRING ON THE HINTS MAN

shiznitty
Jun 8, 2003, 11:45 PM
well, i dont think it can be the book of katana because its not present in the gc version

HaLLa
Jun 9, 2003, 12:30 AM
I think you can rule out killing so many monsters or techs or anything like that. I mean no other weapons in the game are change by those means right? They are pretty much all changed with combining them with something so I think that is the route we should look into. I say try anything at all you got with it and see what you get. But we could be wasting our time and it could not have the item out yet.

Unless the TJ sword was hacked and then duped. Cause if you know the right coding you can make any weapon so I dont know why you all think someone had to get a legit one. They can MAKE stuff not out yet. And there are few hackers out there. So who knows

hucasts_rock
Jun 9, 2003, 12:35 AM
On 2003-06-05 21:52, VulpesMundi wrote:
np Gunts.

or perhaps it could be a photon booster...it just seemed to appear in the game without a purpose..and since it is hard to get legitamentally, perhaps it's the key...

Shin_Anubis
Jun 9, 2003, 02:07 AM
Anyone thought about doing the 'Seek My Master' quest with it? That has reference some of the other swords in the game.

neo_beta
Jun 9, 2003, 04:15 AM
...Sheesh, I hate Humans. I HAVE a Unsealed J-Sword. It IS possible to unseal it, i know how.
And besides, how could there be an UNSEALED J-Sword if there was never a SEALED one to begin with! Idiots...
The Unsealed J-Sword is the second strongest Sword class weapon in this game so far, besides the Ugly Dark Flow.
More importantly, Yeah, i DO know how to unseal it, i broke the Seal my self. You want to know how...?

Well too Bad, Fools. It HAS a seal in the first place to keep weak mortals like you from having too much power than your Puny bodys can handle.

.....Hmph, Fine you Unintelligent humans, Ill tell you the first step... Stop creating more and more of these stupid Post Strings, about a sword that doesnt belong to you in the first place.

And if that doesnt work, Call me up... And ill rip your soul out and leave your corpse Impailed on a Metal rod.

~Have fun Obliviouse Humans

Slider
Jun 9, 2003, 04:38 AM
On 2003-06-09 02:15, neo_beta wrote:
...Sheesh, I hate Humans. I HAVE a Unsealed J-Sword. It IS possible to unseal it, i know how.
And besides, how could there be an UNSEALED J-Sword if there was never a SEALED one to begin with! Idiots...
The Unsealed J-Sword is the second strongest Sword class weapon in this game so far, besides the Ugly Dark Flow.
More importantly, Yeah, i DO know how to unseal it, i broke the Seal my self. You want to know how...?

Well too Bad, Fools. It HAS a seal in the first place to keep weak mortals like you from having too much power than your Puny bodys can handle.

.....Hmph, Fine you Unintelligent humans, Ill tell you the first step... Stop creating more and more of these stupid Post Strings, about a sword that doesnt belong to you in the first place.

And if that doesnt work, Call me up... And ill rip your soul out and leave your corpse Impailed on a Metal rod.

~Have fun Obliviouse Humans

ok obviously you havent even had the brain capacity to read the fact that one we know that it can be unsealed and two I seriously doubt you know how to unseal it otherwise you would try to be the knight in shining armor and come to everyones galiant rescue with the answer. Now if you honestly think that you can take peoples soul out with a metal rod, I think its time to put down the xbox/gc/dc/pc and go outside and take a look at that thing they call life.

The_Hero_Of_Time
Jun 9, 2003, 06:22 AM
On 2003-06-09 02:15, neo_beta wrote:
...Sheesh, I hate Humans.

...Sheesh, I hate douche bags,lying, retarted F****ts. If you really knew how to unseal it you would have told everyone and took all the glory...I know thats what I would have done.I dont like liers very much.

jspacemunkey
Jun 9, 2003, 09:38 AM
neo, your post reeks of immaturity. if you'd taken the time to read through the thread, you'd realize you were wrong on three counts:
1. most of us agree there is a way to unseal the sword
2. there is no question that the tsumikiri j-sword can be hacked, and that any copies you see are hacks or dupes
3. you don't know how to unseal it. i mean, if we haven't figured it out yet, and it appears no one else (at least who has access to the net) has figured it out, there's no one way you have any clue how to unseal it.

that having been said, don't waste our time posting your nonsensical drivel in our thread.

anyway, seems like we're gonna try the sealed j in combination with every unique item. so...has anyone tried using the parasitic gene "flow" on the sword? the sword's description doesn't seem to suggest that the parasitic gene is the key, but honestly...it is probably the hardest unique item to find legitimately, and as i'm of the mind that the tsumikiri is the best sword in the game (to heck with dark flow), i would say, logically, if it's a unique item that unseals it, that unique item must be insanely rare. anyway, just a thought. i know that the parasitic gene is duped a bunch on xbox, probably on gc as well, so it shouldn't be too hard to get one.

jc

HaLLa
Jun 9, 2003, 09:42 AM
neo you have no idea. Face it

NeoPhatnutz
Jun 9, 2003, 10:52 AM
Man, I hope no one gets my name confused with this guy's. I sure did until I saw his name and sighed relief.

Unbelievable. Didn't this thread start out with this kind of bullshit? Now even more arrogancy has come our way, putting itself above us in its mind, and taunting that they know the key to unsealing it, but won't tell us cause....oh no, wait, they don't wanna play mindgames, they just think we're too lowly to deserve to know.

F**K THAT.

A pompous prick like you doesn't even deserve the Sword you own. I highly doubt you're kidding anyone with your arrogant ways. We've dealt with this kind of crap before, and why the hell has it bothered to come back to the SAME thread, let alone anywhere?! You're absolutely no help, and you're only irritating the think tank here. Seriously, you guys are worse than the dupers.

Now, that being said...back to the J-Sword.

I've tried Book of Hitogata. No-go.

I believe what Barubary said. Since there is no number of such associated with the weapon's coding, I no longer believe that killing a number of monsters is the answer, no matter what posers online may say. ("Yeh, thats the right way." "NO" "Your rong" "I did it this way, its the way" "Yer ghey" "Stupid ass" Oh yeah, "My Swords legit too http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif" )

In any case, I'm starting to believe that my Sealed J-Sword is no more legit than anyone elses. I got it from a trusted friend before he left, but I'm starting to guess that he got a dupe in the early days of them, cause he had to trade the soul of his inventory online for it. He most likely thought it was legit back then, just cause it was plain, and thought the obvious dupes would have killer % on it. That, and the massive shockwave of the dupes hadn't quite made its impact on the black market yet.

Therefore, in my quest to unseal the damned thing, I'm also looking for a new one. NOT looking to trade for one, but to FIND one. One that hopefully has %. And one that no one else will EVER touch. I need a claim to fame here somewhere, and if I can't unseal it, at least I'll have a real one somewhere down the line. I keep my duped one now only for the sake of studying the process. Hopefully it may be unsealed before I find a real one. Thing is, both processes seem so impossibly rare, its too hard to tell which may come first http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

In any case, I'm open to using any and all Unique items to work this thing. Blue Black Stone & Photon Booster are attainable, but I only have enough Photon Drops to get one. Which....

IMO, Photon Booster outright isn't gonna work. Why? The very idea of it. An item that boosts Photons. Which have nothing to do with Katanas. I'll try it, though. I'd also say that you could rule out the Magic Heart Key & Berill Photon as well, but if I find a duper to make me more Drops, I'll try them all.

Lets see...a list of all untested items...and some generally ruled out theories...

Photon Booster
Blue Black Stone
Magic Rock Heart Key
Berill Photon
Magic Rock Moola
Star Amplifier
Syncesta
Parasite Cell Type D
Magic Water
Magic Stone Iritista
Photon Sphere
Book of Hitogata
Parasitic Flow DNA

Using actual technique spells on/with the Sword

Killing a certain amount of enemies normally/with Hell special

Using Prophets of Motav

Seek My Master Quest

Thats all I got from the list of Uniques here. It'll be a good while before all can be tested, but we've got time and determination on our hands.

Also, I had some thoughts.

First, the J in the J-Sword. What does that letter represent? What does it mean? Has ANYONE thought of that? My guess is something Japanese...Sealed Japanese Sword? Tsumikiri Japanese Sword? Best I can do, but does anyone know for sure?

Second...whats the fellow that spoke Japanese and translated the Sealed J's translation in Japanese? Hmm, he mentioned that the definition of "Techniques" had different meanings in Japanese culture, one of them being "deeds". The seal will be broken when all "deeds" have been used?....

...Deeds....deeds.....quests?

Complete all quests?

I wonder...lets see here. I doubt such a thing might include online quests, since the sword can be theoretically obtained offline (albeit, rare as fugg, and by only Skylys). So lets see. This could ring true, as the progress of the Quests are recorded, and regarded as completed offline on a difficulty until all are finished, then they're all open back up for good. Soooo....

The idea could suggest that you need to complete all the quests with the Sealed J equipped, but I HIGHLY doubt that. More like, the Sword might indeed be unsealed in a quest. Not likely Seek My Master, been there, personally tried that. It'd have to be a quest of some sort that you'd need to likely go back to after completing all quests, and therefore opening access to them all. Luckily, my HUcaseal with the Sealed J has all quests completed on Normal, searching should be easy. Still, I wonder...why would we absolutely need to complete all quests......unless it was a task that was impossible to complete before regaining access to them all to access a certain quest twice over...

..."WEAPONS? The Akiko's Frying Pan quest?"

(suddenly can't wait to get home...)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NeoPhatnutz on 2003-06-09 09:35 ]</font>

ZechsMarquis
Jun 9, 2003, 10:59 AM
I just now tested the blue-black stone and photon sphere on it, it didnt work.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZechsMarquis on 2003-06-09 09:00 ]</font>

jspacemunkey
Jun 9, 2003, 11:04 AM
some more thoughts...

actually, i think neophatnutz has a point. i'm inclined to believe that unsealing the sword has nothing to do with a quest (at least, not one that's available), but we shouldn't rule that out. actually, i was thinking...how the heck did somebody figure out the whole soul eater side quest thing? i mean, it requires doing some things (like not telling sue your name) that don't seem connected at all. as such, i'm doubting someone just guessed that it would work. anyway, we should apply the same approach here. if the j-sword is unlocked in a quest, it's certainly nothing straight forward.

and a question for neophat...you left the parasitic gene off your list. has someone tried it already? just curious.

also, i'm thinking it'd be really helpful at this point for someone to go through this thread and make a large update post detailing all the approaches tested, all the approaches suggested and untested, and all the information about the j-sword (blurb translation from japanese, legends, etc). i'm probably gonna do it later today or tomorrow, unless someone else really wants to, or unless there's some major objection.

jc

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jspacemunkey on 2003-06-09 09:07 ]</font>

HellrazerX
Jun 9, 2003, 11:12 AM
Hey I just thought of something that's going to make us hit our self's if it works. What about the Photon Sphere? Its the only seemingly useless item in the game so why not? Oh and another thing I thought was funny what if the techniques part of the description means to try all possible ways to unseal it, lol.

jspacemunkey
Jun 9, 2003, 11:18 AM
haha!...yeah, the sealed j's like "hmmm...well, i've waited for weeks while they've gone mad trying to unseal me with techs and unique items, by killing lots of stuff and completing quests...dah, i'm bored, i'm gonna unseal."
that would be pretty damn funny.

looks like zechs tried the photon sphere, btw.

jc

HellrazerX
Jun 9, 2003, 11:23 AM
On 2003-06-09 08:59, ZechsMarquis wrote:
I just now tested the blue-black stone and photon sphere on it, it didnt work.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZechsMarquis on 2003-06-09 09:00 ]</font>

Oh well worth a shot.

NeoPhatnutz
Jun 9, 2003, 11:29 AM
Hmm, ok. A Post that describes all scratched off theories. Certainly doable.

And thanx for those Item reports, I'll update my Unique item list to support those findings.

shiznitty
Jun 9, 2003, 02:47 PM
hey, is that guy still killing the enemies with the hell ability? (sorry if that sounds a bit with an attitude), or have we ruled that out?

ValiusTrigger
Jun 9, 2003, 03:36 PM
On 2003-06-09 09:18, jspacemunkey wrote:
haha!...yeah, the sealed j's like "hmmm...well, i've waited for weeks while they've gone mad trying to unseal me with techs and unique items, by killing lots of stuff and completing quests...dah, i'm bored, i'm gonna unseal."
that would be pretty damn funny.

looks like zechs tried the photon sphere, btw.

jc

LOL that was great! Yes it would be funny as hell!!!

Ecool
Jun 9, 2003, 04:18 PM
ok let me take a shot at it. I've played the game for lie ka week now so i might miss some thigns call me a newb i dont give a crap anyways

What if all the crap people said about how t ounseal it was not true and the only way to truly unseal it is by beating Ultimate mode with it? I really think it's something really simple that everyone has overlooked heck i would be happy owning the sealed one i wouldnt even care if i could never unseal it

Slider
Jun 9, 2003, 04:38 PM
On 2003-06-09 14:18, Ecool wrote:
ok let me take a shot at it. I've played the game for lie ka week now so i might miss some thigns call me a newb i dont give a crap anyways

What if all the crap people said about how t ounseal it was not true and the only way to truly unseal it is by beating Ultimate mode with it? I really think it's something really simple that everyone has overlooked heck i would be happy owning the sealed one i wouldnt even care if i could never unseal it

THANK YOU lol thats what I say, we are all just over looking this but me and my friend also think that beating the game not necessarilly on Ultimate but the fact of killing Dark Falz. I dont know but i do know this im trying pretty hard to figure this out. I have ran a few things through the ringer. Heres my list of things http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Beat Dark Falz (don't know if anyone has tried this yet so im just gonna say its still a possibility)

Techniques.....Im thinking on either using all the combos like other people have said....or...Carrying one of each type of item i.e sword,spinner,handgun,rifle,shotgun...ect.... and try using it....?
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif^^^^^^^^^^
Seriously doubt it works though

but in any case? has anyone tried the tekker? just out of ya know sheer curiousity? Call me stupid i dont care

Merges of course Star amps. and such

or the obvious out ruled subject of the monster killing i do remember seeing something about it before i even SEEN or HEARD of the J-sword benig sealed was to kill 1000 monsters without turning off data or going to switch episodes or such.

but of course out ruled.

This is what I think call me dumb but ya know what pi** off for all i care
[i]

excecutor
Jun 9, 2003, 05:16 PM
hmm, if it were to deal with killing dark fallz, and tying the "deeds" thing in with the killing of falz..... then maybe u have to beat all the bosses with it, basically beating episode 1 AND 2 with the sword. that would mean completing 2 great deeds (saving the world). maybe this will work.

Nei3rd
Jun 9, 2003, 05:31 PM
Has anyone tried killing Dark Flow with it? The japanese version did say something about a technique. But then again it could do something with the background. Amateresu...sun goddess...has anyone tried standing in the sun with it? I mean like get the camera positioned so that the sun kinda "blinds" the screen? Hmmm, maybe try killing KIREEK with it. Man my heads is flowing like crazy. One last idea, maybe by "deed" thye mean going through all of the quests with the sword.

Reenee
Jun 9, 2003, 05:34 PM
I have a theory:

What about all of those Pillars in Forest/Caves/Mines 2? They unseal the Ruins...

Just a thought.

ExcelExcel
Jun 9, 2003, 06:54 PM
The sword which is located on the reverse side of the comment ?I???`?A?M?g. The hallmark of crime is cut in the blade of the same material as the ?A?M?g

That's what was translated from Tsumikiri J-sword on the japanese picture. I believe (not sure, but believe) that the japanese first word is orotiagito and the final one is agito itself...however, I'm not totally sure. Anyway...if someone can read japanese, perhaps they can tell us

Edit: the strange set of characters (?I???`?A?M?g and ?A?M?g) are both sets of japanese characters respecitvely

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ExcelExcel on 2003-06-09 16:56 ]</font>

slimer1231
Jun 9, 2003, 07:15 PM
I believe that we might be looking to much into it. It's probably going to be something so simple that once we figure it out, we are going to kill ourselves. Oh well. I don't have any clue on how to but I was thinking about some questions and maybe it might trigger someone else to think of an idea..."How do you break a seal on anything else?" (like envelope or something) and also "How do you get the sheath off a sword?" I hope that got some of you thinking!

Slider
Jun 9, 2003, 07:40 PM
On 2003-06-09 15:34, Shapiro wrote:
I have a theory:

What about all of those Pillars in Forest/Caves/Mines 2? They unseal the Ruins...

Just a thought.

Ok one not being a smart alec but I doubt that but hey its worth a shot

now I think personally this would be the best solution to solving this problem again not being a smart alec but hey....someone post a theory and then someone test it we are getting way too many theories for everyone to noe keep track of let alone test at the same time, now you may be onto something with that translation though. and the sun thing sounds like a good idea i would personally test some of these but hey i have no sealed J-sword mine is duped. One thing about the translation you said that on the japanese translation picture could you PM that picture cause i understand some japanese my self.

Just some more ehh "cents" from slider

Reenee
Jun 9, 2003, 08:13 PM
I was just thinking we slam the big bastard against the Pillar and see if we cut the thing in half, revealing a different image of a Rappy doing something. =3

Joe-Azlin
Jun 9, 2003, 08:29 PM
I know what we should do. We should get Scooby and the gang on this. I bet they can crack this case in no time. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

lordinviso
Jun 9, 2003, 08:33 PM
Maybe you can only unseal the j-sword are a certain beat time. Beats maybe control times the sword can unseal because it does control the availibility of the Heaven Punishers special.

Slider
Jun 9, 2003, 09:25 PM
On 2003-06-09 18:33, lordinviso wrote:
Maybe you can only unseal the j-sword are a certain beat time. Beats maybe control times the sword can unseal because it does control the availibility of the Heaven Punishers special.

You might be on to something here but i highly doubt it seeing as every item that uses the beat as a special item release says something about time....but hey ya never know someone start taking beat times lol...........

red_death
Jun 9, 2003, 09:42 PM
I think im gonna try to do all the quests, because i have a s-j sword. but its duped so if this dont work, anyone got a real legit one they can try it with. also while im at it im at it, ill try to beat ep1&2

ExcelExcel
Jun 9, 2003, 09:48 PM
Perhaps it'll be unsealed after 10000 monsters...I dunno, Donophon's stupid quest has me thinking bout 10k monsters

The_Hero_Of_Time
Jun 9, 2003, 09:57 PM
Geez...this is getting crazy, who knew it would take this long to figure out how to unseal a sword in a video game? Also about the unique item list...I remember that someone once said somthing about chocolate and candy.. did anyone try that? ALSO where is "Iskyly4ever", I thoght he knew hoe to unseal it..hahahaha, ya funking right.meh, WE will soon have the answer.

red_death
Jun 9, 2003, 10:07 PM
I think im gonna try to do all the quests, because i have a s-j sword. but its duped so if this dont work, anyone got a real legit one they can try it with. also while im at it im at it, ill try to beat ep1&2

red_death
Jun 9, 2003, 10:09 PM
sry...i posted 2 times, my comps messing up right now so dont rip on me for posting the same message

Cloud17222
Jun 9, 2003, 10:37 PM
"The sword which is located on the reverse side of the comment ?I???`?A?M?g. The hallmark of crime is cut in the blade of the same material as the ?A?M?g"

Hallmark of crime? Hallmark may mean proof of or something, and also, the sword isn't sheathesd, the blade is just sealed. See, reverse side, like Kenshin's reverse-bladed sword. But, in my opinion, maybe you need to commit a crime... killing Flowen as Olga Flow perhaps?

Slider
Jun 9, 2003, 11:03 PM
We need to stop talking and we need to start testing some of these theories out for our self lets start with the obvious who here has a LEGIT! Sealed J-sword? Then afterwards take a task im not trying to be a butt hole but no one is really trying any of these theories and a lot of them are good. Like the whole sunlight thing was really good. about the sun goddess. and secondly i thought we already determined that Skyly knew nothing about unsealing the j-sword.

HaLLa
Jun 9, 2003, 11:05 PM
I personally think its just an item. Cause like I said before name a weapon that you transform without an item. (one you do something like things you suggest)

there arent any

Ghaleon
Jun 9, 2003, 11:32 PM
hey you guys. ive been reading and keeping up with all the theories and ive come up with one of my own. try using the orotiagito on it? they were made by the same guy right? so why not chop the damn seal off with his other sword

The_Hero_Of_Time
Jun 9, 2003, 11:38 PM
On 2003-06-09 21:03, Slider wrote:
We need to stop talking and we need to start testing some of these theories out for our self lets start with the obvious who here has a LEGIT! Sealed J-sword? Then afterwards take a task im not trying to be a butt hole but no one is really trying any of these theories and a lot of them are good. Like the whole sunlight thing was really good. about the sun goddess. and secondly i thought we already determined that Skyly knew nothing about unsealing the j-sword.

Ya I agree, but there are people working on the theories. And about Skyly, I know he knows nothing, but just think about it...If it wasnt for him, we wouldnt be having this conversation.

shiznitty
Jun 9, 2003, 11:47 PM
this might be a stupid theory, and it sorta corresponds to your idea about the orotiagito. Maybe you shoot the orotiagito wave attack at the sword while its equipped

excecutor
Jun 10, 2003, 08:50 AM
well i got a skyly character and soon i will start seaching for a sealed j. it probably wont matter cus by the time i get one then we will probably already know how to unseal it but o well. im offline so anything i find is legit just incase anyone wants to know. i wont start searching right away as i am finding a few more chain sawds/ red swords for my other hunters, but i will begin searching shortly as school is out in 2 days and they are both half days

AppieDPC
Jun 10, 2003, 11:56 AM
On 2003-06-09 20:07, red_death wrote:

Duped or legit doesnt matter all is the same item. As in that it was found once http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Anyway: way 2 many theories 4 me 2 check lol but i have a load of unique items like heart key and dna flow. Doubt it will work tho cause some Japanese would have thought of this by now lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AppieDPC on 2003-06-10 09:56 ]</font>

Slider
Jun 10, 2003, 01:20 PM
Ok in case no one had tried....

The sun theory is out because that snt the sun god i had a friend of mine translate it and it came out to something different Taiyo no Kamisama is Sun goddess or god not sure if its masculine of feminine but anyway just throwing some answers into this discussion trying to do my part http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

UnrealPlayer
Jun 10, 2003, 03:16 PM
Maybe someone should try only casting the
J-sword special (That Blue Shit) for
2300+ guys, that'd be a hard task but its just
an idea, and you would have to kill every guy
using that attack...

jspacemunkey
Jun 10, 2003, 06:13 PM
sounds like your talking about the tsumikiri j-sword special. we're trying to figure out how to get the sealed j-sword to become the tsumikiri. if you meant the sealed j's special (i'd call it dark purple or black), it's been tried and i don't think it worked.

jc

HellrazerX
Jun 10, 2003, 08:34 PM
This may be a stupid question but is NeoPhatnutz (the guy who is actualy testing all the sugestions) using a legit sword?

Also has anyone thought of asking Sega?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HellrazerX on 2003-06-10 18:38 ]</font>

jspacemunkey
Jun 10, 2003, 09:34 PM
it doesn't matter whether the sword is duped, hacked or legit. if it was a badly hacked item (incorrect code) sonic team could and probably would delete it. so neophat should be all set. good thinking though.

jc

dropslash
Jun 10, 2003, 09:36 PM
i'd like to point everyone in this direction (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=54630&forum=1&2) for what proves to be an interesting reply, if one is given.

HaLLa
Jun 10, 2003, 10:08 PM
prob will turn out not to know it

Unassuming_Local_Guy
Jun 10, 2003, 10:34 PM
Sorry if someone already mentioned this (such a long thread, lol) but, has anyone tried using the Ragol Ring on the Sealed J Sword yet? I mean the Ring's describtion says "Bracelet made for the next hero of Ragol. Identifies its bearer as the new hero." earlier in the discussion Shimarisu told us the Japanese describtion

s).

Now the problem is:

The ragol ring description of becoming a hero is semi close to the act r deed Shimarisu spoke of also the Ragol ring is acquired in a sort of new quest.
Just another crazy idea. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif sorry again if someone already suggested this.

NeoPhatnutz
Jun 11, 2003, 12:39 AM
Thats new to me. Interesting, worth checking out, I suppose.

There was a point in time where I was proud to think that my Sealed J-Sword was legit. Then as more and moe evidence poured in that it was most likely a dupe like all others, I grew disappointed, but it would be rediculous to wait to test the theories on a legit one, as its quite obvious that NO ONE has a legit one in sight. If someone actually has the first one out there, it wouldnt matter, it being lost in the sea of copies that overshadowed it into obscurity.

Yes, yesterday I too thought that the Deeds involved beating at least Falz & Flow. But I'm guessing that perhaps it must be done on Ultimate if so. My HUcaseal needs to unlock the various Ultimate areas on Ep2 then. She also needs a helluva lotta HP materials. Needless to say, you'll likely have to land the killing hit with the Sealed J-Sword, or if online, have landed at least one hit with the Sealed and after the hit, keep the weapon equipped until the end of the fight. With Flow, this is easy. With Falz, it can get downright frusterating if you're not too strong, since being limited to a Sword even late in the fight will severely cut down your chances to hit it.

Now, I also had an interesting revelation tonight.

One that may yet bring the kill count back into the picture.

Barubary found no counter in the Sealed's coding, outlawing the possibility in the open that there is a kill limit or anything suggesting that unlocking it requires a number of anything. But a few hours ago, someone told me that such a thing would be found not in the game itself, but in the memory card. Data stored within the card.

This is doubtful, but that possibly means that the kill limit is still an option.

I know, I killed 3500. But I did it through Ruins only, then restarted by going through a quest and exiting. As I later realized later, entering and exiting a quest will pretty much reset the whole game. Previously completed areas in a game are reset, enemies are back, and any box drops are gone. So basically, if such a measure relapses the game progress on such a wide scale, who's not to say that it wouldn't reset a counter, either?

This idea outlaws the process of using quests to restart areas for more kills. This makes it easier, since the only option now is straight runs through an episode. Thats certainly more doable, and considerably quicker than 2400 enemies, whatever the situation. It would mean that if there is a kill limit, then whatever it is must be within the enemy count of an entire episode. I'd think Ep1, since I think it has more enemies, so try there. I'd also suggest doing this on Ultimate, to save time. Saving time not because this is obviously gonna take longer on Ultimate, but because this may only work on the toughest difficulty. Its the ultimate Sword, a 12-star weapon we're going for, something you shouldn't even be able to use without mad Tweaking until well into Ultimate. Why not?

I heard that the 2400 (or whatever the number was) kill limit was indeed THE way on how it was done on V2. How one came to this conclusion on V2, I haven't a clue. Not just because Sealed & Tsumikiri were banned online before V2 even hit US shores, but because why would a Codebreaker user stick around with the Sealed J long enough to find this out when he could just create a superhack'd Tsumi instead?

I dunno, but I'm inclined to believe it, since its rather hard to create fresh leads these days. I'm just bloodhound that follows up on any ideas I find. I might try this in a few days, but it'll be hard on Ultimate, restricting myself to just a Sword. I'll need mad Dark Resistnce through the Caves to stop those pesky Lilys, and I'll need to rely on my Traps 24/7. Its possible, but I'd like to get more HP matz first.

Well, here we go all over again. At least the results should come quicker...

VulpesMundi
Jun 11, 2003, 04:18 AM
On 2003-06-10 22:39, NeoPhatnutz wrote:
Barubary found no counter in the Sealed's coding, outlawing the possibility in the open that there is a kill limit or anything suggesting that unlocking it requires a number of anything. But a few hours ago, someone told me that such a thing would be found not in the game itself, but in the memory card. Data stored within the card.

Actually, it would be a combination of the system RAM and the memory card. It would temporarily store the variable in the RAM, and later save it to the memory card (assuming it can be saved). I'm pretty sure Baru covered the system RAM and the item data in both the disk and memory card, but I can't verify that. Baru would have to tell us personally what was done.

I really doubt the kill counter theory. Running quests or quitting and saving the game, even leaving a team online all have the same overall effect. They reset the areas you're playing in. There's no way to continuously run areas and kill over 2000 enemies without resetting the system. Also, the Sealed J-Sword is not banned on the DC & PC versions because it's findable. But the Tsumikiri J-Sword is and will always be banned at this point and there isn't any method to unseal it. If there was a legitimate way to acquire the item then there would be no reason for it to be banned anymore. The fact that the Tsumikiri J-Sword isn't banned on the GC & XB versions tells us there probably is a way to unseal it, but I also point out that the Flame Garment was never banned even though it only recently became available. ST may have just overlooked it, but I'm more willing to think there's some way to unseal it out there.

One other thought. Paganini seems to be the master of items that need to be upgraded. Has anyone simply tried carrying the Sealed J-Sword in their inventory while talking to him in Gallon's Shop?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-06-11 02:31 ]</font>

HeroShadow
Jun 11, 2003, 05:24 AM
for those of you complaining to people who didnt read

I just spent an hour reading it all!!!

thats rediculous

that dude didnt know ANYTHING... he probably wants us to find out... lets get to work... I need to find one first... oh well... Ill research.

NeoPhatnutz
Jun 11, 2003, 11:31 AM
You reveal some good ideas, VulpesMundi.

Hmm...ok, I'll officially scratch the kill count theory then. I highly recommend everyone else does the same, since the method is by far the most harrowing and enduring idea yet. Dont go insane with boredom like I did.

You ARE right about Paganini...most of what he has is only attainable by him...Taking my Sealed J to him would be easy enough. Doubt anything will come of it, but no one simply knows at this point. And we still have plenty of upgrading items at this point to try and rule out as well.

As far as I know, the Sealed J on v2 was banned at the time I got banned myself for a mishap that was out of my hands. I came to this from being in a game with a couple Codebreaker-users. They were showcasing a whole buncha banned weapons in battle. Sealed was one, Tsumikiri was another. I loved it when they used the Frozen Shooter, it just blew my mind. Maybe Sealed wasn't banned, but the users of it seemed to believe so. I could also guess that whatever was the originally intended method for bringing about the Tsumikiri isn't necessarily the same way on GC/Xbox. After all, the method for the Double Cannon & GULD MILLA (Joint Parts) certainly disappeared.

I am starting to wonder about the idea of bringing one of the Agitos to its side. It DOES make sense...seeing as it was along the same makes of the Agitos...lets see...GULD and MILLA make a joint weapon, and so do SANGE & YASHA. So, a weapon combining with the Sealed could be the key. Of course, the idea now is to find a certain Agito, Orotiagito, or perhaps one of the other various Katanas, since most of them were made by the same swordmakers that Agitos originated around. Lets see...

Agito AUW Models...(according to the weps data here)

1975 (real)

Orotiagito
Kamui
Sange
Yasha

Note: Kamui, Sange, and Yasha were made by the other three swordsmiths alongside the Agitos: Tengai, Jou'un, Kikoku, and Dousetsu, respectively. Could this be what it means by "...Once all techniques have been used?" Could someone try and think of a way how to work these into an idea surrounding the legend of these Swords?

Hmm, perhaps one of them could indeed be used with the Sealed to unseal it. Unsure of which, tho...

OrotiAgito seems like a strong candidate. I'd also like to think perhaps one of the other main swords might work as well. Sange, Yasha, or even S&Y together? Kamui's also an idea, since I've hardly seen anyone online with it. Then again, there are better options, and I haven't even asked for it. Looks like I got a new item to search for. Oroti users are easy enough to stumble upon, but Kamui might take time...Does anyone here have it?

I shall now start a quest to unite as many of the fellow swords as I can with the Sealed J. This may require more than one of them...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NeoPhatnutz on 2003-06-11 09:55 ]</font>

PSO_Komodo
Jun 11, 2003, 12:47 PM
I may be of some assistance.

I have Kamui, yasha, sange, oroti, and all the agitos besides 1977 and 1983.

And I think Paginini was talking about S-ranks, although I could be wrong.

I'll try out a few theorys now with the legendary blacksmith swords and ragol ring, and PoM (cant be bothered to read back and see if anyone worked on that).

excecutor
Jun 11, 2003, 12:55 PM
what do u guys think is a good lvl to shoot for to where u can make effective j-sword runs through the seaside to kill gi gue? is a lvl 121 hucast ok?

Slider
Jun 11, 2003, 01:07 PM
NICE IDEA!The whole Sange yasha and legendary swords fit thingy can't believe i didnt think of that but anyway i wish you the best of luck on that you may be onto something there. but anywho pm me and i will try to work out a way to help you find those swords that is if your on xbox. Ill also try as a separate experiment as well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Slider on 2003-06-11 11:09 ]</font>

slimer1231
Jun 11, 2003, 01:29 PM
That sounds like a good idea Neo! If I ever happen to find any of the Katanas I will gladly help.

Ghaleon
Jun 11, 2003, 02:14 PM
yaaay someone is taking my agito theory serious. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif i hope it works

dropslash
Jun 11, 2003, 02:36 PM
If all the swords are related, what happens if you take the J-Sword to the Tekker who identifies the other swords after you reach the rumored kill count?

There's a possibility that even though you fulfill the unsealing criteria, you still need to take it to the Tekker to initiate the unsealing.

AppieDPC
Jun 11, 2003, 02:59 PM
On 2003-06-10 20:34, Unassuming_Local_Guy wrote:
Sorry if someone already mentioned this (such a long thread, lol) but, has anyone tried using the Ragol Ring on the Sealed J Sword yet? I mean the Ring's describtion says "Bracelet made for the next hero of Ragol. Identifies its bearer as the new hero." earlier in the discussion Shimarisu told us the Japanese describtion

s).

Now the problem is:

The ragol ring description of becoming a hero is semi close to the act r deed Shimarisu spoke of also the Ragol ring is acquired in a sort of new quest.
Just another crazy idea. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif sorry again if someone already suggested this.

Assumin the JPN NGC PSO 1.0 Tsumikiri J-Sword isnt a hack. This theory fails cause the tsumikiri was "found" 2 months after Japanese 1.0 release.
Nice idea tho http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Startin 2 wonder about paganini tho. Cause well that part of gallon's shop came up 2 months after JPN 1.0 release or somethin like that. Right around the Tj sword was "found" on 1.0? Can some1 with a good memory remember when that paganini came in gallon's shop on 1.0 and when the mass dupin of tj sword began on 1.0?

@PSO_Komodo i tried the Sealed J+Prophet's of Motav theory didnt work. I will try 2 c if some items wanna fuse with the sealed j tho doubt it will work.
Unless its an item paganini gives (if my theory of paganini and tj sword came around the same time on 1.0 is true http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif )

Jenda
Jun 11, 2003, 02:59 PM
On 2003-05-28 13:09, SubstanceD wrote:

You can't grind the Sealed J-Sword at all

red_death
Jun 11, 2003, 10:53 PM
im on gc, and i have orotiagito, sange, yasha, and i think my freind has kamui.... if he does my name is crimson_tear. if anyone wants to set up a meeting time just tell me, and we can maybe work something out to see if it unseals.

Slider
Jun 11, 2003, 10:56 PM
Okay lets think of it this way this is kinda like a pep talk this sword is kick the crap out of our thinking power. And I dont know about you guys but I dont have that much to begin with in the first place so i say we.....play anyway and hope that by playing through the game as we all do naturally we will discover something thats what im going to do. even though i dont have a sealed j sword but hey there's always a chance for me to find one so ill start searching someone needs to try that theory of the sange, yasha and other legendary swords together.

PSO_Komodo
Jun 11, 2003, 11:02 PM
OK something REAL freaky happened. I went the agito changing man, with:
agito 1975, and 3 others
kamui
sange
yasha
sealed j
orotiagito

Then he offers to change my agito, i go to no, then deposit it. So i go back to the man and he offers again but this time i go to yes, and BAM my screen goes black, i wait a while then tap a and i can hear the messages sound then hear myself walk around but screen still black. Had to quit.

Wierd huh?

PSO_Komodo
Jun 11, 2003, 11:06 PM
Oh and also
ragol ring + sealed j = no
kamui + sealed j = no
sange + sealed j = no
yasha + sealed j = no
agito 1975 + sealed j = no
agito 2001 + sealed j = no
agito 1991 + sealed j = no
agito 1980 + sealed j = no
sange & yasha + sealed j = no
zanba + sealed j = no
all 4 god shields + sealed j = no
yamigarusu + sealed j = no

red_death
Jun 11, 2003, 11:08 PM
weird.... whos the agito changing man, sorry im not exactly the smartest pso player

PSO_Komodo
Jun 11, 2003, 11:49 PM
Hes some guy in the Seek my master quest.

Ok i went back to the quest, still no luck with the agito man, he wont doing anything wiht sealed j no matter whats in my items. I won the quest and spoke to Zoke with sealed j equipped, nothing, still with the same items in inventory except the agitos. Only abnormality to speak of is the fact i got slow effect on me twice while standing next to Zoke with sealed j.

EDIT: ok another wierd thing i think, is this suppose to happen? I had no telepipes so decided to kill myself with orotiagito for the fun of it and first time i revived myself (somehow!? no mag or scapes) the second time i went to p2 and looked at my items and my ragol ring had gone, i had had it equipped at the time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PSO_Komodo on 2003-06-11 22:02 ]</font>

Foxx-
Jun 12, 2003, 12:58 AM
On 2003-06-11 21:49, PSO_Komodo wrote:
EDIT: ok another wierd thing i think, is this suppose to happen? I had no telepipes so decided to kill myself with orotiagito for the fun of it and first time i revived myself (somehow!? no mag or scapes) the second time i went to p2 and looked at my items and my ragol ring had gone, i had had it equipped at the time.

Yuppers. Ragol Ring doubles as a scape doll of sorts.

The idea is that when you die, the Ragol Ring "takes your place" and you stay alive.

Eumcoz
Jun 12, 2003, 07:57 AM
i doubt this will work, but it goes w/ the same idea as sword stuff, maybe a psycho wand? doesn't that cast a lot of techinques?

Jack_the_Ripper
Jun 12, 2003, 03:15 PM
Doesn't the 'J' in the name stand for junction? I was just thinking maybe you can try using a Sealed J Sword on another one. Also, this was already pointed out, but maybe every technique means every way to unseal it... like using magic rock 'moola', syncesta, and EVERY other combining item on it.

jspacemunkey
Jun 12, 2003, 03:52 PM
okay, i'm really sick right now, and a little delirious as a result, so i may be forgetting...

has anyone tried giving a sealed j to a hucast and seeing if they can use technique disks on the sword itself (you know, use them as if the sword were learning them) when it's equipped? i know it's a really literal interpretation of the flavor text, but i don't remember anyone trying that. the reason i suggest using a hucast is because, being that a hucast can't learn any techniques, it'll be really obvious if the method won't work. i'd try it myself, but alas, i have no sealed j-sword.

jc

lordinviso
Jun 12, 2003, 06:39 PM
I got the seal off my SEALED J SWORD!

It was about 3 am I hadnt sleeped for 24 hours trying another kill theory. So I started to eat away at it. And what you know it worked!

Moral of the story, Kill theories are stupid.

And that they taste like chicken

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: lordinviso on 2003-06-12 16:40 ]</font>

Reenee
Jun 12, 2003, 08:08 PM
*kicks lordinvinso out*

The Ragol Ring idea cannot work. We've seen Tsumikiris before the Ragol Ring was availible.

ValiusTrigger
Jun 12, 2003, 10:11 PM
lordinviso

Did it really work or you just being stupid?

fyrewyre
Jun 12, 2003, 11:30 PM
anyone give it to all types of hunters? i know technique means more thatn spells and more of a stance and way of striking. knowing that pso has MANY MANY MANY MANY mistranslations it hink thats its a japanese typo ina way. ask a japanese person what all the meaning of "technique" is...besides...we know they are the ones that unsealed it and duped it for the new PSOers. maybe someone can run the meanings down for us and we can brainstorm from there. i dont appreciate dupes, but i wanna grab one and experiment one it...i have several theories *looks for a noob* im off to help solve this story, i hope there are results soon.

EDIT* new idea...anyone ever use all the swords moves? (normal, hard, special attack and then switch) these are also techniques. another thing that came to mind is the ruins seals...i dont want to remind everyone how there was a sword that if reunited with the others will make a nation or world collapse or bring about destruction(eh? where did i hear that from anyway??) chances are i will get back on tonight after thinking up some things...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fyrewyre on 2003-06-12 21:42 ]</font>

jspacemunkey
Jun 12, 2003, 11:43 PM
wheee! could be the fever talking, but i think i just traded for a sealed j. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif no weird photon percents or anything, so it's probably just a dupe. regardless, i'm happy that i can finally attempt to contribute.

jc

VulpesMundi
Jun 12, 2003, 11:53 PM
On 2003-06-12 13:15, Jack_the_Ripper wrote:
Doesn't the 'J' in the name stand for junction?
It's a pretty good guess that the J in J-Sword (nodachi), J-Cutter (shuriken), and J-Blade (katana) all stand for Japanese. If you'll notice, they're all Japanese-style weapons.

Another thought. Has anyone tried taking the Sealed J-Sword to Dr. Montague after he is willing to make enemy weapons? Not a likely chance, but you never know. Gotta try everything to find what works at this point.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-06-12 21:55 ]</font>

Reenee
Jun 13, 2003, 12:00 AM
I got one:

Have any of you actually tried to ask a JP PSOer?

It could be the biggest "duhhhhh!" we're looking for. Just go to a JP ship and ask them! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Soukosa
Jun 13, 2003, 12:06 AM
I'm looking more and more at the possibility that it was just hacked then duped and ST just hasn't got things setup to ban them.

jspacemunkey
Jun 13, 2003, 12:11 AM
okay, i don't know if my idea was bone-headed, or if it's already been tried...but i'm gonna restate it. i just tried using tech disks like unique items on the sealed j with my hucast. didn't work, but i'm wondering if that's because the hucast can't learn techs. so if there's a humar or hunewearl out there with a sealed j, try equipping it and then see if you can use tech disks on it as if the disks were unique items. you know, like syncesta on a lavis sword to create lavis blades. you should try using disks at a level you've already learned, or at a level you cannot learn. anyway, it should only take a sec. my humar isn't nearly high enough level to equip the sword or i'd try it myself.

jc

Smurvis
Jun 13, 2003, 12:28 AM
(Edited because of crappy sentences. I was typing like I do on PSO because I have no keyboard there.)

My friend and I found a J-Sword online the other day from Gi Gue. I picked it up and he's a FO and didn't want it, so it's mine. I too shall contribute.

And this is off-topic but, JSpace? Are you the guy I think you are? If so, you'll know my name and know me, if not you won't.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Smurvis on 2003-06-12 22:31 ]</font>

eXo
Jun 13, 2003, 12:36 AM
On 2003-05-29 14:20, Rhete wrote:
[quote]

I kinda agree with you but at the same time,maybe the reason that this sword is not banned is becuase sega doesnt want everyone to know when it will have a unsealed J sword quest,maybe there will be a quest that you can only enter if you have the sealed J Sword.Other then that theory I 100 % agree with DJ Dan why wouldnt you want to have your name added to PSOW in bright flahing lights,hey with that kind of discovery they might even make you a MOD *LOL
the bottomline is just like lollipop said in a previous post.NO one tells how to unseal the J sword because they simply do not know end of story.

jspacemunkey
Jun 13, 2003, 12:51 AM
the name smurvis seems familiar...but beyond that, i can't really say, so i'm probably not the guy you're thinking of. sorry! care to drop a hint that would identify you if i did in fact know you? 'cause right now i am totally out of it.

also, in regard to my theory...if you're gonna try high level disks, use a lvl 30 disk. better to try the maximum than not and miss something important.

jc

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jspacemunkey on 2003-06-12 22:53 ]</font>

lordinviso
Jun 13, 2003, 09:21 AM
Maybe the only way to unlock it if through a quest. If you notice most of the Tsumikiri J swords all have 0 percents meaning that during a quest a Sealed J sword that use to have percents lost them. This is what happens with the Agito1975 to its transformation of Orotiagito. So maybe all we have to do is wait.

ValiusTrigger
Jun 13, 2003, 12:23 PM
NO!!!! NOOOOOO!!!!

I can't go On-line!!! I must not beleive!!

No it's not true!!

I hope not, they don't sell BBA's here, and I don't have dail up internet.

Slider
Jun 13, 2003, 12:25 PM
On 2003-06-12 16:39, lordinviso wrote:

It was about 3 am I hadnt sleeped for 24 hours trying another kill theory. So I started to eat away at it. And what you know it worked!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: lordinviso on 2003-06-12 16:40 ]</font>

if it "worked" then why is it stupid http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

NeoPhatnutz
Jun 13, 2003, 12:44 PM
I dunno, but I doubt it.

VulpesMundi, I tried Montague, of course it didnt work. I figured it was worth a shot as well.

I also tried most of the Katanas already as well. Lost a lot of my best stuff obtaining them, then most Katanas themselves trying to get my stuff back.

*sigh*

I've become jaded in the quest to figure out how to unseal this, so I'm gonna tell my final opinion as it is...

Something is simply NOT right about the Tsumikiris out there. Everywhere I go online, I keep finding people who insist that they unlocked it by killing 1700, 2300, 2500 5000, etc. monsters. Every time I hear this crap, I scream.

This Sword has been out there for a long time, and yet even that Japanese are still in complete mystery. And if THEY don't know, there's something seriously wrong here.

I dont think anymore that someone made just one, had it duped to no end, and that they're not tellinghow to make it. I think NO one knows. Literally.

Not a single soul outside of Sega knows for sure.

So, that theory questions its very existence. "If no one ever knew how to Unseal the Sealed-J Sword, then how come they're floating around?"

Cause it was probably hacked.

Thats right, no one made it. Because it CAN'T be made, not likely yet. It was "created" and brought into the online market system where it multiplied and flourished, most likely. Beats the heck outta me why ST didn't ban it yet. All I know is, if there's no known way to unseal it after all these months that US gamers alone have had the game, then there likely isn't one. All the complex routines and secrets of the game are repeatedly and quickly discovered, no matter how odd they may be. Guides on them sprout up, and soon everyone knows how to do it. Makes ya think about why this one secret still eludes us so well.

I've tried damned near every proposal someone has made, for the sake of putting ideas to rest. The Kill count, Techniques, swinging the Sword every way there is, Katanas, most unique upgrading items, you name it, I probably got the idea from you and tried it. NOTHING.

So why would I think that it was hacked into existence? Cause people already have the Red Ring.

Yes. Rico's Red Ring. And it's banned online, may I add. This would reveal why most people don't know about it yet. It was hacked into the game, and its banned simply because (I think) ST hasn't released the official way to get one yet. I only know about it myself because I've overseen people in lobbies asking others if it is safe to take the Red Ring outta their banks. Obviously, the answer is always no.

But thats not all. I've been learning about other "banned" items too. Not ones you see, of course. Very few dupers have touched these either, no, these are BRAND NEW items and secrets learned by those that can edit the coding hexidecimals. Ones I'm VERY tempted to reveal for all those to eagerly anticipate their release, but I'm not sure if it is the smartest move to make.

I'm sure most of you are going to want to know what I know, but I must repeat, it was meant to be a surprise, and it could be a MAJOR spoiler. I wouldn't want to play a primary role in ruining the game. Besides, I don't know that much yet, I'm still learning the info as I go. I only know of a few new items, and one release date thus far. I just want the opinions of the senior members here. I'm not so good at judging this situation. Would the Mods and senior authorities here think that it would be alright to learn what's coming, or that it should stay secret as it is now?

I WILL reveal this one bit of info. A use for the Photon Spheres will soon be revealed...one that will appeal to EVERY gamer out there...

Slider
Jun 13, 2003, 12:58 PM
this just occured to me all techniques now this is a long shot bt does anyone know what all of the red items carvnigs merge together to say....? and notice that there is like one of each item for a red a handgun, sword, daggers, and mechguns? anyone want to try to piece em together....? Just a suggestion maybe stupid but hey suggestion at that

NeoPhatnutz
Jun 13, 2003, 01:22 PM
That lil puzzle was solved since v2. They spell out Heathcliff.

Until now, most people thought it was that rogue Tekker in Seek My Master for some reason, the guy who converts the 1975 Agito into the Orotiagito.

It wasn't until GC/Xbox came out that the riddle fell into play. It much more clearly now refers to Heathcliff Flowen, the Military's Hero, and the one spiritually imprisoned by Olga Flow. The letterings on the weapons are a vague hint that you're supposed to use the Red weapons against Flow to make Flowen appear in an online or multiplayer game after the fight on Hard-Ultimate. Simply have one person hit Flow's second form with a Red weapon, and have them keep it equipped until the end of the fight afterwards.

Likewise, use a Dark weapon on Falz's Third form under the same conditions. Re-entering the boss portal afterwards will reveal a sight of Rico sitting on the monument momentarily.

I wonder if people were originally supposed to find the Red Ring this way? This seems to kinda make sense...and the Parasite Flow DNA is also maybe gained through making Flowen appear on Ultimate, albeit extremely rarely. Also, it's the first of many keys on the way to making the new Ultimate Sword...

Yes. Another reference to a brand new Rare, but thats all I'm telling for now. NO, I don't mean Dark Flow. Something Brand New, something stronger than anything you've seen yet. But I'm not saying anything else without the approval of the higher authorities here.

If they don't like the sound of this, they won't hear it again.

ValiusTrigger
Jun 13, 2003, 01:32 PM
So it's over the end of the sealed J sword road.
I raelly wanted to know too............

NeoPhatnutz
Jun 13, 2003, 01:38 PM
Tell me about it. And after all my efforts for the truth, I get it, and its not fulfilling at all.

Simply an upset by a hacker who was lucky to find it not banned. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

th0rnz
Jun 13, 2003, 01:41 PM
Couldn't you have Barubary or another smart minded coder/hexeditor look through the weapons code and decipher what unlocks it, such as a code combination, for example :

the code is jsword : 908p1413
a second half of the code is : 8719kj73

find what that 2nd half is and that's the combining item?

I don't know if this is possible because I have no idea about coding whatsoever, just throwing out a suggestion...

AppieDPC
Jun 13, 2003, 03:37 PM
This Sword has been out there for a long time, and yet even that Japanese are still in complete mystery. And if THEY don't know, there's something seriously wrong here.

I dont think anymore that someone made just one, had it duped to no end, and that they're not tellinghow to make it. I think NO one knows. Literally.

Not a single soul outside of Sega knows for sure.

Cause it was probably hacked.

Bn thinkin the same thing since page 6 or so from this topic.
If Jpn players dont know. Well no1 does then lol.
They r after all the ppl who play this game 2 death the most http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.
As 4 u releasin info on new items. I wouldnt mind after all its just info its not like u r providin the actual wep or ways 2 make it. Just simple info on it. Then again it is fun when its a suprise http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Either way is fine with me (not that im a Mod or somethin just sharin my opinion lol)
If u told it, it would save me time on gettin that info http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif:D(then again i never could b arsed 2 know about future weps http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)

Azman
Jun 13, 2003, 04:12 PM
I'm a force, so I really don't care if you guys unseal it or not (hehee im a real antihero arent i?) but this topic is interesting reading, and I thought of something myself:

has anyone tried doing stuff with the Gameboy Advance Minigames?

Heh, just wonderin'.

lordinviso
Jun 13, 2003, 07:31 PM
On 2003-06-12 16:39, lordinviso wrote:

[ This Message was edited by: lordinviso on 2003-06-12 16:40 ]
__________________________________________________ ___
I was lieing. Notice how I said that I myself started to eat away at it. Well o well I guess I could have made it a little easier to tell I was lieing.

So anyways has anyone tried asking a JP player yet how to unseal it?

dj_dan
Jun 13, 2003, 09:02 PM
Hey Neo.

Mods/Admins here just try to keep this site flowing freely without too much trouble.
We all have different interests, and different views on the game.

I see myself as a purist and would hate to see anything leaked before it was intended.
With mass duping, mag/weapon hacking, infinite boss exp, lobby fsod, fsod-x, and so much more fun stuff, there is little to look forward to in this game, and I still play a LOT.

I would definitely lose interest if all of a sudden ST decided to release every quest they had planned for this game over a year or two, in the span of one month.

Let things trickle in, a little mystery here and there can do wonders.

Of course you can do what you want, and us mods will or will not act upon it. Depending on what your posting. Again it's up to you, but if you want my opinion as a PSO fan, well then, I'm against it.

LadyRedComet
Jun 13, 2003, 09:12 PM
Kudos to you, Dj_dan! I totally agree with you. I hate it when I look around (in the game) and all I see are dupes and hacks and all kinds of other shit. I don't want to know what kinds of quests and new items are coming out...I'd for once like to find something for myself rather than being shown the latest dupe my cousin got from his duper/hacker friend (although the look on said cousin's face was priceless when I told him I was trying to figure out how to unseal the J-sword http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif).

Why can't people just play the game the way it was meant to be played?

Foxx-
Jun 13, 2003, 10:01 PM
I don't agree with Neo here about the sealed sword.

Sonic Team has been rather good about keeping items banned until their accompanying quests are opened up. Something as powerful as the Tsumikiri not being banned until it's officially achievable? Doubtful.

I also cast my vote for not knowing about the items (even though he already told me a few of them, including the sword thing)
As its been said, the best part is suddenly discovering something for the first time. Having theories on the applications of certain items, etc.

Now, I feel we're overlooking some theories with the sword. Barubary said there was no counter associated with the sword, so what does that leave us with?
Items, NPCs, stat limits. Of the known items, we've ruled out most. As far as NPCs go, we've ruled out Doc Montague, the tekker, and the Oroti guy.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there are -many- more NPCs out there. If folks say it was a kill count, then perhaps there is some specification inside of a quest, waiting for you to slay a certain enemy? Something of that nature.

Another theory Neo and I had was to kill Dark Falz and/or Olga Flow with the sword. Now, he's killed Falz on hard with it, but hadn't made it to Flow yet. Just another idea.

A while ago, I noticed something peculiar, that may or may not have been related to anything.
I did the Magnitude of Metal quest, and at the end, when Eleanor opens the telepipe for you, you can go back and talk with her. Either before or after (I forget which) you hear a chime sound.
Not entirely similar to the one heard in Soul of Steel, though, as far as I can remember. Any thoughts on this?

Maximus1
Jun 13, 2003, 11:44 PM
Just look at how other 11-star weapons become 12-star weapons:

Yasha + Sange = Sange Yasha
Lavis Cannon + Syncesta = Lavis Blade
Agito (1975) + "Seek my Master" NPC = Orotiagito
Handgun: Milla + Handgun: Guld = Guld Milla

My guess is that the Sealed J-Sword becomes Tsumkiri J-Sword in some future quest by talking to some NPC. I never believed the kill-count theory and from what my friend said that BS rumor has been around since the Dreamcast days...

To this day, no US player has ever found a legit Sealed J-Sword; both the Tsumikiri and the Sealed J-Sword everyone is playing with are dupes of hacks which filtered on to the US ships from JP ships...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Maximus1 on 2003-06-13 21:53 ]</font>

ValiusTrigger
Jun 14, 2003, 12:01 AM
Neo what you did was not pointless!

Don't ever let me see you type that again!

If it wasn't for you I would have added about 200 more hours to my already 400.

Thank you.

I know that I shouldn't waste my time with stupid things that other say.

You bravely stepped up to do what NO ONE else did!!
That is a real hero...

Not doing something you know you can, not giving advice on something you know, but trying to help someone in something your not sure you can you can fully do! I see all these self proclaimed hero's of time or war or whatever.... but they haven’t done anything for us, But You did way more then what you said. I can't ask anything more from you.

I expect everyone here to say "thank you" too!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ValiusTrigger on 2003-06-13 22:03 ]</font>

HaLLa
Jun 14, 2003, 12:19 AM
this is going off topic but...

I have duped and I will admit it. Although I think a completely legit game would own. One without duping and hacking. That first month when I got the game was the best time I had playing PSO. Most of it was without the net and when I got online I stayed legit for a while. That was the most fun I had. I dont mind people doing their stuff but it would be cool if they had a place to play and others had a place to play.

Soukosa
Jun 14, 2003, 12:28 AM
Neo: I think that it would be best that you keep what you have learned about the new items to yourself. Doing that, will help spread out the excitement of hearing about new items in the game when they are released.

th0rnz: Items are identified by a ID and the Sealed J-Sword and TJ Sword would most likely have two different ID's. When you use one item another so that it changes into another item, it would just change the ID of the item being changed to that of the new ID.

Foxx-: Look at the Flame Garment, it was hacked and duped before it was attainable legitly. It could be that the TJ Sword isn't banned online because ST could have had plans to put up a way of unsealing the Sealed J Sword soon after the game was released but could have gotten delayed or something and they just didn't set it up to be banned.

Smurvis
Jun 14, 2003, 02:41 AM
Uh, Maximus, the thing about the "to this day" stuff about no one having legit J-Sword's isn't true. I know two other guys who found them (one after 200 some odd tries! 0_o) and me. They can be found. Just VERY rarely. I got lucky, and those guys did too. Well, maybe not the 200 guy, but still. Mine's legit, and so are their's.

Maximus1
Jun 14, 2003, 04:40 AM
Uh, Maximus, the thing about the "to this day" stuff about no one having legit J-Sword's isn't true. I know two other guys who found them (one after 200 some odd tries! 0_o) and me. They can be found. Just VERY rarely. I got lucky, and those guys did too. Well, maybe not the 200 guy, but still. Mine's legit, and so are their's.

Good...I assume your Sealed J has percents? Prove me wrong and come show it to me next time you are online...because I don't believe you...