PDA

View Full Version : THE END OF RARE ITEMS!

M_Bison
Mar 12, 2001, 02:16 AM
Well, tomorrow CodeMaster will release the code that will end any semblance of
their being RARES in PSO. HE has managed to create an ITEM CREATION code. He
has gone into the game and pulled a complete list of items from the source code
and with his code you will be able to add any of these items to your inventory.

I'm impressed that he was able to do it, but at the same time I am saddened by
what this will do to the game.

f0rge
Mar 12, 2001, 03:19 AM
while most people consider this the end of pso as we all know it, i personally dont think i'll be that bad. it will definetly change the game, there will be no more hunting for rares.

i also think that it will get rid of the awful problem of duping/trading/stealing. it will also get rid of all the unsavory characters in pso, because they will no longer have anything to gain from what they do. give it a week and all the dupers and thieves will be gone.

i also dont think that ppl will have collections or rares now, cause there will be no reason to. ppl will just be able to pick what weapon they wanna use, and use it.

i think it will allow people to do what the game was intended to do, get together with some friends or make some new friends and go monster hunting.

that's just my opinion, and it may change after this code is released.

btw - i'm not a duper or a cheater or a thief http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Lachesis
Mar 12, 2001, 03:37 AM
agh! no, no. not good. It does ruin the game. The idea is to work your character up to the level and get the weapons as you move up. how much fun is it going to be if someone can simply run around with like a level five char using a double pallasch? blegh.

Nalana
Mar 12, 2001, 04:35 AM
I don't get it. Cheaters ruin the game for themselves, really, it shouldn't effect you. If you don't want to cheat, then don't cheat. If you think that because suddenly everyone has [blah] that your [blah] is useless, give your head a shake. If someone offers you a duped item, politely say no thank you. IMHO you dont have to flame the hell out of people for it. If they're making it difficult to play because they're killing everything before you get your hits in, change games, or ask for them to change weapons.

Granted, I'm only level 43, and a newbie at that, but this is just the way I see things.

On this whole rares note, I found myself a photon claw, I'm so excited =) For me, the game is still hunting / trading for rares. Of course, I dont really have any rares at all yet, since most of them are in vhard, which slaughters me.. but thats still what I do.

Anyways... :)

-Nalana

M_Bison
Mar 12, 2001, 05:00 AM
"On this whole rares note, I found myself a photon claw, I'm so excited =) For me, the game is still hunting / trading for rares."

The problem is that EVERYONE will have the rares and your rares will cease to be needed. Therefore you will have a hard time trading any of your items for the items you want.

END OF LINE...

Azarath
Mar 12, 2001, 06:44 AM
Gee i wish they would make a game where you start out on lvl 100. with all the items in the game. you can kill all the monsters with one hit, and you never die or never run out of tp.... thats what every one of you lvl 20 through 80 charaters are say ing every time you say that it doesn't ruin the game for the dupers and hackers to drop off their rare items on newbie players. i have seen lvl 20 players with most every rare and they think that they are something special cuase they got it from a friend. but to tell you the truth watching the way you all play i think you would be doing yourselves a favor if you put it in storage till you can fight halfway decent and live past the ruins on hard with out having to rely on your team mates bailing you out every five steps cuase you got killed trying to use your new double saber, or your new eggblaster...sorry i got so long winded i dont care if you want to cheat but my lord listen to yourselves. they might as well just let you start lvl 100 with everything the way you want the game to play

Sheogorath
Mar 12, 2001, 06:51 AM
I do agree that it will hurt the game, but not if you don't allow it to.

I always start open games with one or two people I trust from PSO World, and we leave a spot open in the game for drifters. If someone comes in with, lets say, i don't know...a heaven punishment, then we just..well...don't bother to revive them or we walk off to the next room/dungeon and don't tell them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

After awhile, they get the picture.

I'm glad the code crackers are releasing the code. Let these un-skilled children (Im just venting! No flames, please) do their duping, and let me actually hunt for the items. Who do you think will be playing this game longer?

I have about 5 "Rares" (Bazooka, knuckles, Claw, S beats, Soul Eater) and I know I will, in time, find many, many more.

So Bison, don't worry. This is good for us real gamers. These dupers will get tired of it in a few weeks, and soon...very soon, we will have the game all to ourselves. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

And until I do, I shall conitnue to play...as long as my friends do too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

AdamW
Mar 12, 2001, 09:20 AM
I agree with Sheo. This will only hurt your expereince with the game if you let it. Personally, I always make p/w protected rooms and play with people I trust and know are not theives. So it doesn't really affect me. I hunt for rares on my own, and no matter what anyone else thinks, when I find a new rare (whether it is common or not) it is cool to me.

Ambrai
Mar 12, 2001, 11:07 AM
Actually this will make the game rock imho. The reason I believe this is the lack of risk/reward. Cheaters will have everything right away. They will get bored after 2 weeks and quit the game. Soon enough it will be the time everyone dreamed of where only the hardcore legits remain and all the cheaters have moved to another game.

Mistkerl_Zwo
Mar 12, 2001, 11:18 AM
What Ambri said, thats what i think too

Socrates
Mar 12, 2001, 12:03 PM
"Cheaters will have everything right away. They will get bored after 2 weeks and quit the game."

I wish I could believe that. Unfortunately, new people, legit and cheaters, will continue to come to PSO for many, many, many months to come. And that means there will always be a new influx of cheaters, all hyped up on the codes, regardless of when you are talking about. The only time when it actually abates is when PSO itself starts to wane, which will not take too long at this rate.

New people just arriving in the game will get all these "common" rares from trades and such, completely (and innocently) oblivious as to the fact that they are NOT supposed to be a dime-a-dozen items, and then complain about how SEGA made a crap game that's "so easy you can blow through it in one or two sittings." http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif

Fubuki
Mar 12, 2001, 12:12 PM
Rares should be well rare... I tend not to do open games anymore because EVERYONE that comes in is looking for something when he already has 3 oopa oopas and a spreadneedle...

as far as function and purpose they are either over powered and not a group weapon (aka spread needle) or just lame. I have seen a majority of them used by cheaters.. that annoying cycling through weapons every few seconds..

Flowen's Sword is about the top of weapons I will ever use for my character (woohoo! no more buying trifluids!) and I hardly see anyone using that.. but I guess using that unlimited TP cheat it makes that rare useless...

Sciler
Mar 12, 2001, 12:17 PM
<font face=times new roman color=red>It doesnt ruin the game unless you let it people. Ya granted cheaters arent all that great, but...doesnt mean you have to be one. Continue to work on things your honest way, and well, if people bother you about running around with thier weapons you may not have, well, just leave the room, or only make locked rooms...but dont let it ruin it. The only thing that tends to ruin it for me is thieves. I mean come on. Bishop told me last night he made a new force char, he was lvl 4, and when he died, one of hte 2 lvl 100 characters there took his weapon and money!!! LVL 4 PEOPLE vs LVL 100. How sad and pathetic do those lvl 100 guys look?<center>

Atrayu
Mar 12, 2001, 12:17 PM
Well, even though it feels like I'm gonna be shunned for asking this but I need to know for sure. Who can use the claw weapons and at what specific area are they found? (ie: hard, vhard, caves, ruins, etc etc etc...)

And as for the cheaters ruining the game, I have one thing to say. This is an imperfect world, Everyone is trying to change PSO to fit themselves. Some want a wonton world of free items and massive combat, others want the honorable hunt for rares and challenging melees, etc. Me? I want to leave PSO up to those of us who play for the fun factor and diversity. RPG's have always been about one thing, raising your character to a new higher plane of existance and acquire all tha secrets and legendary weapons, items, magic, etc. in the universe. Some will do it by cheating which I ondem, some will do it by hunting and some will do it like me with a combo of asking the advice or hardened veterans and hunting where they tell me to hunt.

WarWolf
Mar 12, 2001, 01:25 PM
I agree with you Atrayu, I admit I am a way newbie to this game, but what I have enjoyed about it is the chance to meet new people and helping new players lvl up so they can truly enjoy the game too.

The ablility to get all the weapons on a whim will just bore people and send them on their way to new games, leaving it alone for the people that really enjoy it.

M_Bison
Mar 12, 2001, 01:55 PM
I think some people misunderstood the tone of my original post. I don't really feel that this new code will ruin the game. It will however ruin trading for those of us who trade to get some items.

I refuse to spend 3 weeks looking for an item I may never find due to the fact that I am the wrong Section ID. I trade for most of my rares and this will effectively deflate the value of my rares to nothing at all.

That is what I am saddened by.

END OF LINE...

Socrates
Mar 12, 2001, 02:34 PM
"I don't really feel that this new code will ruin the game."

On the contrary, if this code becomes as widespread and notorious as the current duping abilities are, I think it will have serious impact on the game.

Some people here have said things along the lines of "It won't affect you if you don't let them." A nice sentiment, but I feel that is extraordinarily wrong.

I want PSO2. I want there to be another game along these lines, but done even better now that SEGA is aware of all the bugs.

Dreamcast is an officially retired system. SEGA will not create PSO2 unless PSO is a big hit.

So far it is, but it's only been out a relatively short time -- it needs to show that it has long-term viability in order to ensure a sequel. Like I said before, all these rares being handed out and traded like common handfuls of dirt is imbalancing the game. If people that buy the game are so disillusioned at how lousy the game is, they will not continue to play it, nor will they recommend it to friends.

I do not want to hear either of the following ina month's time:

Word on the street: "What was SEGA smoking when they created PSO? I just went out and bought it, and went online, and within three hours, I got all this cool crap and beat the game on all three difficulty levels. There was a waste of forty dollars."

Word in Game Developer's offices: "Well, PSO crashed and burned. Anybody feel we should continue to support Dreamcast with new games? Show of hands? No? Okay, onto other business then..."

Ghen
Mar 12, 2001, 05:32 PM
Socrates, or can I call So-crates? you have an extremely skewed view of the buisness model. With over 200,000 copies being sold on US shores alone, and the response Japan has had with the game, we're pretty much guarunteed a sequel.

Loden
Mar 12, 2001, 10:08 PM
People,

I've said this time and time again...

You absolutely HAVE to let them ruin your game. I have a pretty long friends list and we span every available section ID. We don't dupe, we don't cheat. We play the game as it was intended and we make out fine. I trade my rare items for theirs and vice versa.

You believing that the duper or cheat is getting a rare trade that you wanted is not an issue seeing that most of you wouldn't dare trade with a stranger and would limit yourselves to those you trust. Many of those people being from this forum. With that said how would you even had been in line to acquire that item from the cheat or duper who was willing to trade it for hmmmmmm... Something he or she already has?

Not gonna happen. If you really think a cheater is gonna give you something to acquire what he or she already has you got to be kidding. Let them ruin it for themselves, trade with your "honest" friends and be happy.

If owning every item in the game is that important for them then I say let them have at it. They will be bored in a few days and all that will remain are you the "hardcore" gamers and those of us who realize it's just a game and to each his or her own.

Wake up guys. In life and in game there are people who take the short route to happiness. Make your piece about it or not it's their choice not yours. Fortunately, in this particular game they only hurt themselves and not the "Games Economy" (It is very funny how you believe there is one) because you too have a choice. You can chose not to join a team containing dupers, cheaters, sharkers or whatever other labels they've been given. You can simply refuse to take or trade for the duped or spawned item. How can you even tell it's duped unless they tell you?

What's so hard about that? Why must you go on like this about duped or sharked items. Is it that important for you to join a team who doesn't have an item you possess? and why must everyone who has something you don't be a duper or cheater?

I actually found or was given most of my stuff from trusted friends yet the first thing out of the mouth of most people here is "Duped?" "Sharked?" or "Did you cheat to get that?"

Sounds like envy to me. I'd hope that a site like this would beckon a more honorable bunch to it but all I've seen so far is more of the "Holier then thou" types.

I know, at least I hope we are better people than that. Have you even found an Item that no one else has?

Like every game out there. It can be made with only so many combinations. Eventually the most successful combination will be found and then what will you have? Only difference at that point will be your britches because everything else will be the same in the respected Classes/Section IDs.

Remember guys the game is what you make of it. Honestly, I don't know why you subject yourselves to such torture if the game is ruined due to dupers/cheaters. You know it hasn't actually been ruined. I have just as much fun now as I did before the codes were released. Those of you who get worked up in this sort of thing are growing gray hairs for nothing.

Have fun and don't be so uptight about this game. It's a great title and from people I've met who were dupers/cheaters they seem pretty happy after what they've done and they don't force themselves upon others. In fact if I had more proof I'd say that it's actually you guys who ruin the games for yourselves with all the complaining and whining and not the dupers/cheaters.

I'll take a side in this matter the day a "cheater" forces one of you to take their duped items from the business end of an Inferno Bazooka.

Be cool guys and stop worrying about what other people are doing. Play the game and have a great time with your online friends.

Of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong -Dennis Miller -

Loden

gameaddict9
Mar 12, 2001, 11:18 PM
ok, dude, no offense, but, WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING. GOD DAMN! I know about this code, but you should have never posted this. ERASE IT IMMEDIATLY, now all those cheaters that didn't know about the code, they know now. YOU MUST ERASE IT. please, by all means, never post anything about codes on here.

ZiGDoG
Mar 12, 2001, 11:25 PM
Gameaddict is right 100%. This topic shouldn't have been posted, I knew about the code also and I agree it is a matter to discuss, but just think how many replies are gonna be on this topic, and just think how many cheaters you informed about the code. This topic should be erased, and Sega should be informed about the Item Modifier.

Socrates
Mar 13, 2001, 02:20 AM
"Socrates, or can I call So-crates? you have an extremely skewed view of the buisness model. With over 200,000 copies being sold on US shores alone, and the response Japan has had with the game, we're pretty much guarunteed a sequel."

Well, yes, unless PSO becomes the laughingstock of the multiplayer gaming circuit.

I have faith that SEGA will implement stuff to keep the cheating and duping to a minimum, but if they do not, I see nothing but bad repercussions.

PSO came out of the box doing wonderfully. But if it slacks off two months out, and dies by the fourth, what sort of message does that send?

Oh, did I mention? CM also released an "equip anything" code along with the "any item" code earlier this evening. Still don't think this will be a problem? I trust that SEGA has some aces up their sleeve.

Oh, and trust me, these codes will be all over the net in a matter of days anyway. The guys over at GSCCC are already distributing it to all their cohorts, and it was just released by CM a hour or so ago.

Burnside
Mar 13, 2001, 02:25 AM
I think its your choice to take and or give.. to gameshark using their taking the easy way out and giving to weak ppl, they think their doing the right thing. its useless to argue with ones who will not listen..

Glider
Mar 13, 2001, 02:32 AM
It's going suck, but still, I will be happy when I find a legit rare item. I will feel so much then any duper or cheater ever will. As long as you don't dupe or cheat, the items will still be rare to you. Just don't pay attenion to people who have everything. They arn't you. They don't matter. Items will still be rare as long as you play fair.

Nowyn
Mar 13, 2001, 03:01 AM
I dunno about this, isnt Sega supposed to nailing cheaters? anyway it is irritating when Im playing in the caves for instance, and battling my way thru when this dude pulls out a spread needle and sweeps a room before I can do jack, then right after that he pulls out a Heaven Punishmer. It happened today to me, I got jack for exp and it was boring, I left the game. As for me I keep getting frustrated on the rares I get, so far, I have gotten (1) double saber (1) Slicer of Assassin and thats it for not so common rares (besides the myriads of varistas and db's sabers I was selling off) and I've put 147 hours into a level 78 character. Its frustrating, and Im not going to cheat.

Oronis
Mar 13, 2001, 03:33 AM
OK a few things.

1. I'm not gonna trade anymore, seeing as how I'm one of those people who would rather earn his loot.

2. This hacking thing would be a moot point if the room creator had a boot command at his disposal.

nei
Mar 13, 2001, 03:56 AM
i doubt that this new code will change the game at all. if people want to cheat they will always find a way to cheat, not to sound harsh you just have to get used to it. i am a lvl 86 Huneweral and i still get pumped when i find a rare when its not a db or vartista, or flowens...well you get the idea. no cheater can take away the feeling you get when you find a rare mag cell on your own, you just think that you rock.

MechDan
Mar 13, 2001, 05:24 AM
I like to earn most of my stuff offline, and this cheat code doesn't affect that.

However, I do enjoy the occasional trade, but all the duping and cheating has really spoiled that. Not everybody has some long list of trustworthy friends to trade with. Even my personal friends include a number of unabashed gameshark junkies.

You think all the cheaters will get bored and leave in a few days? Dream on. What other online console RPG are they going to move on to?

I'd honestly rather lose ALL of my current characters to BSoD because backups weren't possible than for duping and cheating to be possible the way it is now.

I sure hope PSO2 has server side gamesaves to prevent most online cheating, even if it does mean I can't build up an online character offline.

M_Bison
Mar 13, 2001, 05:33 AM
Anyone who thinks the cheaters wouldn't have found out about this code if I had not posted about it are deluding themselves. Crawl out of your hole and join the land of the living. I was posting this to inform the legit players of what we are now facing. The cheaters would have known anyway.

END OF LINE...