PDA

View Full Version : XBox: Oh dear its started

LittleMissHoney
May 27, 2003, 05:54 PM
To my horror I saw my first haked item today, a dark flow sword. The guy carrying it said someone came into their game and dropped 6 on the floor and left saying "pso is haked " "pso is haked".

Having played the DC and GC versions I was waiting to see how long it took, pity tho the game has only been out in the UK since last friday.

At this point I would encourage all those who recieve such things to leave them behind in P2 and go back to the lobby thus loosing the item forever, it takes all the fun out of trading if you cant trust the source.

Blenjar
May 27, 2003, 06:02 PM
Well it was a long time.

I got a free stag. Its not hacked, the person who gave me just did lots of that rappy quest offline.

LunarShadowX
May 27, 2003, 06:18 PM
I don't trade 'cept with those people I have known for a bit and really really trust. Thus, to this point, I haven't traded for anything (cept a Gigobooma Claw), and the reason isn't really the trust factor, but rather the I've not known them long enough factor. To conclude, that means I basically find/raise all my stuff.

Blenjar
May 27, 2003, 07:35 PM
And I trust that person. She doesn't sound like a person that hack.

soundgarden4ever
May 27, 2003, 07:52 PM
Enter the death of PSOX.

Shalt the rekoning begin.

Davion
May 27, 2003, 08:07 PM
I guess the news article on the front page talking about how we know PSOX is hacked and it's old news must be gone now.

GuerillaPimp
May 27, 2003, 10:03 PM
must be a problem with ST. i dont know of any other xbox live games that get hacked as much as PSO does

Dime
May 27, 2003, 11:45 PM
Maybe those 6 Flows were legit.

UltimateShifty
May 28, 2003, 12:29 AM
so xbox pso is hacked? what about gc? is the gamecube pso also hacked?

Orange_Coconut
May 28, 2003, 01:18 AM
Eheh... To answer your question, UltimateShifty, the GC version has been hacked long before the Xbox version. But that's mainly because (if I remember correctly), the Xbox version kept getting delayed to come out. No matter what system you have, there will most likely always be hacks.

People say: Well, GC was FAR too hacked, so I went to the Xbox.

Others think the Gamecube version is better in terms how many hacks are floating around.

But when you think about it, why does it matter? If someone's using dupes you can simply not play with them, right? As long as you can make friends online, maybe either through meeting them on here or meeting them by chance, you shouldn't need to worry about the duping situation.

That's my personal view on the subject, and I could care less if someone dupes as long as they are fun to be around and don't run in killing everything with their uber rares.

That's a stereotype, and although many people DO do that, not all of them do. Plus I bet there are people who are legit who run around killing everything in sight, not letting others join in the fun.

If you shut out people in this online game then you're missing the point, the point is to play together and meet new people. If someone dupes and aggrivates you, just simply don't bother with them. It's as simple as that. And if someone doesn't dupe or hack, but always runs in for the rares after an enemy is killed then again, why not just leave? Or maybe try to talk to them about how annoying it is.

I know things don't work perfectly, they never do. I also know people have strong opinions on the subject as well. Well, I do too but I still allow people to have a chance in playing with me and having a good time. Regardless of who they are or what they do.

I personally don't even KNOW how to dupe, I don't even know the first thing about hacking either. I think to get the best out of the game, for me, is to earn the right to actually say "I found this." Or to say "I am so happy that I finally got to this level."

But that's me, I don't know what other people would say when they are asked what the most fun part of the game is.

P.S- Sorry for the long post. ._.

UltimateShifty
May 29, 2003, 10:17 AM
oh..thnx for your answer..and i agree with you totally. maybe i see you on the net:)

LittleMissHoney
May 29, 2003, 03:50 PM
nah buddy I think you are missing the point. The idea is to work together to find things, share, and meet new people. If someone is comming into a game and dropping 6 dark flows then what the hell is my motivation to continue putting the hours in and having mulitple characters so I can find all the things I want to.

I have no problem with people doing what they like offline, they pay their money its their choice but dont come into my game and start dropping rares that they havent found legitimatly, if they do then why will I stay online to meet new people, I could just goto a chat room to do that...its the hunt for rares that keeps you interested isnt it??

Anyway I thought I would update the post as the guy has been identified as WANSZAI and currently is giving out easter egg presents on the EU servers. I have luckily met more than a few people that have binned the things he has dropped to get them out the game and rightly so I say.

Vantamiath
May 29, 2003, 05:34 PM
Orange the GC version hasnt been hacked long before the XBOX version. Infact, the only hacks floating around on GC are from the same person/people, (I think the sato is the only hacked item) where the XBOX version is multiple people hacking.

Please people, there is a huge difference between hacks and dupes.

shadgenki
May 30, 2003, 09:03 AM
Um, hacks are hacks, it doesn't matter who did it or where, and it doesn't invalidate the quality of a good game. Until server-side saving exists, you'll always have it, just avoid the cheaters until then. It's not that difficult.

TerribleDeliMeat
May 30, 2003, 09:11 PM
On 2003-05-29 15:34, IHPSOC wrote:
Orange the GC version hasnt been hacked long before the XBOX version. Infact, the only hacks floating around on GC are from the same person/people, (I think the sato is the only hacked item) where the XBOX version is multiple people hacking.

Please people, there is a huge difference between hacks and dupes.

you poor poor naive soul. There are many more hacks for both versions. Sonic Team's inability to update any security has pretty much left any dreamcast hack open to simple modification. I've already seen mail bombs, NOLing, and password break-ins on gcn version on private servers.

Vantamiath
May 30, 2003, 09:28 PM
On 2003-05-30 19:11, TerribleDeliMeat wrote:

I've already seen mail bombs, NOLing, and password break-ins on gcn version on private servers.

By how many people? Maybe 3?

k

RuneLateralus
May 30, 2003, 11:29 PM
I feel bad for missing this.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=49570&forum=4&start=60&62

Use that thread for this discussion.