PDA

View Full Version : am i getting fsod or bsod

OmegaLoser
May 27, 2003, 07:43 PM
personally, i think its both. while i playing, sometimes i notice that the other players stop moving. also, i can't insert any text. a few seconds later, i get a window saying i got disconnected. (so far, i'm ok. here is where it gets tricky) the window says to press start and try again. (fine with me) i press start, screen goes black. and it stays there, FOREVER. my only choice is turning the system off. which in turn, deletes anything i didn't have equiped. i lost a lot of crap that way. and for some reason, its been happening MANY times in 1 day. 7 times in 3 days. yet, i played all day sunday, and didn't get kicked off once. what the heck is going on. i need help.

soundgarden4ever
May 27, 2003, 07:48 PM
This works for me 90% of the time.

1st- disconnect your cable
2ed- Hold restart
3rd- wait 10 seconds
4th- power off and power on.

Hope it works for you too. I figure its just the connection and the memory card will still save.

OmegaLoser
May 27, 2003, 07:53 PM
thanks, maybe i'll try that. it still seems risky. i on;y cary one weapon with me now. so i only lose the healing items, but that still sux a lot

soundgarden4ever
May 27, 2003, 08:09 PM
Yes. Always take precautions. You wont lose your equipped items unless you get corruption BAD but i wouldnt even risk that.

-LordNikon-
May 28, 2003, 03:43 PM
Yea on DC I would have that same problem. The exact same problem. Basically I think it happens when data was out of synch. Such as really poor net congestion. Cause it would only happen for me while playing with another rather laggy dialup user. FYI: I have BBA for DC http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif But it hasn't happened to me in months.

On DC I do the following:
Pull out the internet cable
Rip out my VMU
Power off the system
Power back on
put VMU back in at start screen

I never lost anything but my unequipped items and my guild card list, which was no biggy.

This trick also worked against VMU character corruption many times http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif GameSharkers havn't been able to touch my v1 character since I have been doing that.

As far as cube, I just started cube PSO online...welll yesterday infact http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
So I will probobly be using your system of shutting down to protect against character corrupt.

Sheik1
May 28, 2003, 05:22 PM
On 2003-05-27 17:43, OmegaLoser wrote:
personally, i think its both. while i playing, sometimes i notice that the other players stop moving. also, i can't insert any text. a few seconds later, i get a window saying i got disconnected. (so far, i'm ok. here is where it gets tricky) the window says to press start and try again. (fine with me) i press start, screen goes black. and it stays there, FOREVER. my only choice is turning the system off. which in turn, deletes anything i didn't have equiped. i lost a lot of crap that way. and for some reason, its been happening MANY times in 1 day. 7 times in 3 days. yet, i played all day sunday, and didn't get kicked off once. what the heck is going on. i need help.

Let it go for a second...when I get DCed it says press start and a second later it will save. Also, if you are thinking you are going to get DCed quickly hit the "reset" or choose start, quit game so it will save. Then just reconnect and rejoin your game...if the people in the game are nice like they should be they will hold your place open until you return.

CajunSamurai
May 29, 2003, 05:04 AM
On 2003-05-27 17:43, OmegaLoser wrote:

Do you use a PPPoE broadband connection? Sounds to me like typical symptoms... :/
Either way though, I'd say you were getting BSOD. You'll know if you get FSOD, 'cause you'll be taunted with that awful "bzzzzzzzzzzzt" sound and EVERYTHING will freeze.
Anyway, if you do use PPPoE, it would be a good idea to invest in a router and use good ol' DHCP instead...