PDA

View Full Version : 4x card....

lethal
Mar 12, 2001, 05:26 AM
tommorow...err...today i get a 4x card from my freind....but im debating over useing more then just the first page....i have heard horror stories from 4x cards and pso...are they really that bad, will it erase my pso data? my freind said he hasnt had any trouble with it, its a pelican....what should it do? Jin (my Hucast) is level 100 and maxed....PSO is getting boring!!! i have no spare cash and this is my only way to get a new card...please...some advise......PLEASe!

Vegeta_Ou
Mar 12, 2001, 07:17 AM
Sega has a 4X memory card out in the market. Try that one out before getting any third party product. Because third party items sometimes doesn't work right after a while.

meleth
Mar 12, 2001, 07:25 AM
I have the nexus 16x. And sofar i haven't had any real probs. I had to format it once cause it got an error, but that occured right after i had backed up my pso save so it didn't matter. Other than that i haven't really had any probs.

Azra_el
Mar 12, 2001, 09:00 AM
well...using a new 4x memory card will not affect your lvl 100 character on your original memory card in anyway. so it's totally safe to create a new character and use the 4x memory card. just to be on the safe side, make sure that your original memory card is not plugged into another controller that's plugged into the dreamcast. unless of course you want your guild card list to "bleed" over into your new character's save data. anyways, i've been using an innovation 4x memory card, and have not had any problems with the 3 characters i've created on 3 different pages of the card. so feel free to create new characters.

ragnarok
Mar 12, 2001, 09:09 AM
Not a single problem here with a nexus 4mb memory card, used on the 2nd page.

Craig
Mar 12, 2001, 10:02 AM
I have a Nyko 4X (w/ rumble) and the official Sega 4x card. I have not have problems with either of the cards. On the nyko card I have 2 games and 2 more on the Sega one. One thing to note is just make sure that you don't accidentally hit the switch to change pages (or turn on the rumble which turns of memorycard functions on the nyko one). Chances are if the game doesn't let you save it's because you some how ended up on the wrong page.

Sleet1
Mar 12, 2001, 10:09 PM
i have a mega memory x 4 card. it has deleted only one of my characters and she was really low level anyway so it did not matter. and it was really late at night so i prob did somethin i forgot about.