PDA

View Full Version : Bluefull Heavens Punisher

Dgo
May 29, 2003, 03:01 AM
Damn it i want one hella bad i have only killed ten(of the big gray fags).Although i don't expect to get one so soon, but to make matters worse i look at the bluefull's hp number of confirmed findings for support!!!!!!!!and it is only at ten.Ten only ten need help here should i just give up on my search for one of the best guns on the game???????

LollipopLolita
May 29, 2003, 03:03 AM
maybe only ten people took the time to click it?

Dgo
May 29, 2003, 03:24 AM
On 2003-05-29 01:03, LollipopLolita wrote:
maybe only ten people took the time to click it?

LOL thanks for givng me some alittle more hope!.

Nai_Calus
May 29, 2003, 04:15 AM
It's not as bad as the whopping -zero- confirms for the 1975 Agito off of Oran Ult Nano Dragons. Cheer up, you'll find what you're looking for. If not, you can always see if another section ID finds it easier- Kinda like how I'm power-levelling my FOnewm. Ian-chan X -will- hit Ult by Friday, and then it's non-stop Fake in Yellow until a parrot drops it. Probably pick up a Stag Cutlery or 12 that I can't seem to get from Oran ult slimes while I'm at it. And it's not that rare, but it took many, many Crimson Assassins to get my Red Partisan, and those are supposed to be harder to get than stags. Rare drops are quirky like that. For all you know the very next time you kill that monster, boom! Red box that says Special Weapon. Just keep it up. ^_^

NeoPhatnutz
May 29, 2003, 11:41 AM
Ahh, a Bluefill hunting the Heaven's Punisher.

A few things to realize about this situation...

#1. This IS the easiest way to get it. Trust me, if you can get a certain item from a Rare Monster, it's the easiest way to obtain it that from anywhere else in the game if possible. You just have to know how to get the Rare Monsters.

#2. This is an ULTIMATE Weapon you're talking about, the Ultimate Handgun. NO Ultimate Weapon is easy to obtain. Granted, ones gained from Rare Monsters are the easiest to get than anywhere else in the game, that's for sure. Each of the V1 Ultimate weapons can be obtained from a Rare Enemy:

REDRIA-Ultimate Caves-Poulilly Slime-LAVIS CANNON
BLUEFILL-Ultimate Forest-Hildetorr-HEAVEN'S PUNISHER
PURPLENUM-Ultimate Caves-Mil Lily-PSYCHO WAND

...but that's where the easy part ends. The odds of it dropping anytime soon are well against you. I saw a guy post with a note in his sig stating that it took him 30 Mil Lilys to finally get a Psycho Wand. Similar posts have claimed to have needed to knock down a couple dozen Red Slimes for the Lavis.

You're the first post I've seen dedicated to claiming the Heaven's so I advise that you not give up. You've gotten more Hildetorrs than I have by a couple, so you certainly know where and how to look for them. Pipehunting at the last room in Forest of Sorrow with 4 Hidelts inside, correct?

Here's some advice and help to better your chances.

#1. First, once you're at the last room, don't go in. Instead, if you've killed everyone else in the Forest 2, start doubling back, going up the long path way and making a full circle around the stage, the longest path possible, until you're right back where you started at the last room's door. Now chances are, if you did it right and didn't stop for anything, Alicia will be no where in sight. Why? Because as you run non-stop, you'll notice that NPCs in quests are slower than you. Once you put enough distance between them, they'll stop and wait for you. Since you can use pipes and warps without them, it makes it SO much easier to complete quests without getting their weak asses into needless danger. But why is this necessary before even pipehunting?

Because a small rumor has it that if you wound one of the Hidelts, then start pipehunting, The chance of one of the previously wounded Hidelts turning into a Hildetorr is eliminated. And Alicia has an unusually aggressive nature for a Force NPC. She WILL Barta those Hidelts the moment she enters that room, thus possibly ruining the whole thing. You're better off without her. I don't even know if you can use Freeze Traps on the punkers without any worries, so the best thing to do is enter the room alone, and doing the best you can to ignore the initial two Hildetorrs, kill the one that drops from the sky, and only hurt that one. Do the same for the one after that. Then when the next two jump in together, run outside and you're all setfor pipehunting. Do it outside the door. Sure, it's not easy to see all 4 from outside the room sometimes, but it's better than Alicia coming in and going berzerk.

#2. Needless to say, when you DO see a Hildetorr, lose Alicia again. This time, to prevent her sorry butt from getting killed before you get the Torr. It's happened to me once, so I'm no longer taking any chances myself.

#3. I'm conducting a Beat Time study that could open up something new for us all. So whether you believe that Rare Monsters appear during certain beat times or not, I want you to follow these and do the pipehunting at the last room around these times:

Forest Hildetorr

ORAN: @111, @666
PURPLENUM: @138-140, @340-346 @665-668
GREENILL: @346

The IDs are stated because these are the ones the beats were recorded under. Make no mistake however, the beats are likely to work with ANY ID. So far, I with a friend have tested Beats on Purplenum that were found with Oran and Greenill, and was successful. You won't find a Rare Monster every time under these Beat Times, but the odds appear to be greatly increased. If any of these times work for you, it'll be the 4th ID to validate one of these times, and bring it significantly closer to credibility.

What you should do is start pipehunting them about 5-10 beats befor your selected target times, then keep doing so for about 5-10 beats afterwards. If you find a Hildetorr, check your beat time as quickly as possible, and write it down. I recommend you go for it around the @665-668 time. People have seemed to have some good success around @666. Best of all, if you don't get one on the first stakeout, you can likely reset the system, and change the time in the Gamecube/Xbox to your likings, maybe back 45 minutes or so to fool the Beat Timer, and try again.

The good news for you is that you've already cut down 10 of the beasts, so your Punisher is already decently closer to your grasp than you think. And with this wealth of info, Forest Hildetorr pipehunting is about to become a LOT more convenient. Good luck, and tell me how you do on catching more Torrs.