PDA

View Full Version : Redria: God Battle

Darvan
May 29, 2003, 12:30 PM
Hey Guys,

Okay I've done the forest quest that is online so many times with my friend trying to get him a God Battle reading on the site it would seem that it drops pretty often but that hasn't been the case with us. Anyway the question at hand is how long did it take for a Redria person to get a God Battle. Even the Rappies are being cheap with the armor. Thanks for your time.

tehkao
May 29, 2003, 12:38 PM
Hmm, isn't the Forest of Sorrows offline quest better for finding God/Battles? There's more Hidelts in that one...

Anyways I'm a lvl 71 Redria, and it took me about 10 runs through Forest of Sorrows and killing abou 100 Hidelts to find a God/Battle....BTW I did it at around beat time 250.

NeoPhatnutz
May 29, 2003, 12:43 PM
Beat Time duly noted. Thanx for that.

MoSmirnoff
May 29, 2003, 02:03 PM
Can I ask a stupid questions? I assume that you have cleared all the quests on a given difficulty level if you are able to repeat Forest of Sorrow over and over 10X. With that said, does it matter if I make the Forest of Sorrow run on Normal, Hard or VHard. I assume the odds are better the higher the difficulty, but if I have to do all the quest over again on VHard I will probably kill myself.

tehkao
May 29, 2003, 02:31 PM
I'm actually not beating the quest 10 times, I just kill the Hidelts and then quit the quest and then restart.

Guntz348
May 29, 2003, 02:41 PM
I found 2 god battles in 2 heat sword quests with a redria ranger. We did one HS found one, then another HS and found another. It's all dumb luck really, just keep at it. It could take one run or a hundred.

soralan
May 29, 2003, 03:12 PM
On 2003-05-29 12:03, MoSmirnoff wrote:
Can I ask a stupid questions? I assume that you have cleared all the quests on a given difficulty level if you are able to repeat Forest of Sorrow over and over 10X. With that said, does it matter if I make the Forest of Sorrow run on Normal, Hard or VHard. I assume the odds are better the higher the difficulty, but if I have to do all the quest over again on VHard I will probably kill myself.

for the god battle, it has to be on ultimate.

MoSmirnoff
May 29, 2003, 03:48 PM
On 2003-05-29 12:31, tehkao wrote:
I'm actually not beating the quest 10 times, I just kill the Hidelts and then quit the quest and then restart.

I told you it was a stupid questions, lol http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif That never would have occurred to me, good point!!!

MoSmirnoff
May 29, 2003, 03:50 PM
On 2003-05-29 13:12, soralan wrote:

On 2003-05-29 12:03, MoSmirnoff wrote:

for the god battle, it has to be on ultimate.

Good to know, at least I only have Ruins and Dark Falz to beat to get my Lvl. 51 to Ult. I probably don't have nearly enough Scape Dolls to actually do it yet, since it took me about 45 minutes to beat him on Hard, but I aint far off.

Dgo
May 30, 2003, 04:08 AM
I had the same problem but someone told me to do about 15-30 forest of sorrow runs and i would get a god/battle.I didn't think it was true but it is,so I think you should try it out because you have nothing to lose.

Jazhara
May 30, 2003, 05:54 AM
I would recommend you get to a decent level and try and get one off a Gibbles in Seat of the Heart or East Tower with your Redria character.

rena-ko
May 30, 2003, 06:04 AM
God/Battle @398 Lorelei L.139 Hildetorr Forest2 Ult Quest

i did around ... 15 forest of sorrow quest-runs...
and unless you play famitsu cup or east tower online quest, going for a gibble to drop one... will take forever ...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2003-05-30 04:05 ]</font>

elfin
May 30, 2003, 07:09 AM
Well, ill have to say, i did a hell of alot more then 10 FoS runs before i got my god battle... Before i got it i killed 5 Hildetorrs (two of them att the same place no less!). I probably did more than 70 runs... it is after all a 11 star item... But be persistant and have patience... Youll get it eventually http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif... Its not exactly as rare as the 11 star Luminous Field im searching for now... But, ive got it once, and ill get it again http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.... (damn that fsod-x!)

tehkao
May 30, 2003, 12:09 PM
This is just a hunch, but I think if you spread out your forest runs and only do one or two at a time, you will get better results than if you keep doing the same run/quest over and over again.

I don't know if the game dislikes it when you keep doing the same quests/area over or something...I seem to have more luck finding rares when I don't stick to the same area when I play....

Hakai
Jun 1, 2003, 12:22 PM
I dunno, I belive that the game pays persistence off, uh.. Let's see. I found 2 god battles already it's not hard to get one. I cleared my entire quest list so I can just keep beating the quest and coming back but if you haven't just pipe out and cancel the quest then restart. Uhh God Battles aren't overtly difficult to get strangely enough. And you'll be extremely happy when you find one, you can't live in Ult. without it. As for the Luminous Field. Uh my Redria found it from a Dubchic in Mines the first time I heard about it and looked for it. ^_^;;;; But I dunno keep looking do runs over and over again, I might suggest doing quests that start you off in the mines 2 Uhh I think the one with Mome? Try that it''s easier to find those dubs that way.