PDA

View Full Version : God, I'm stupid

Shimarisu
May 29, 2003, 04:01 PM
I topped my ultimate blunder to date today. Twice. That previous blunder was getting killed by a Love Rappy after I stared at it and froze. These must beat it, though the ramifications are possibly less...

I was in Japanese mode today. I flip between JP and English because in JP mode, you can type in Japanese and English. You can't do that in English mode, which sucks. Japanese text is good for chatting to stray Japanese players on the Euro ship. They are usually delighted that I can speak to them and I end up acting as translator. I then get a lot of attention, which is good for my flagging ego.
I also spend some time on the JP servers, but the people there are usually too high level for me.

Anyway, today I did MAX ATTACK 2 with a guy I often play games with. My first mistake was to hold him up FOREVER at the bank, looking for my G ASSASSIN SABERS, not realisting they are called TWIN ASSASSIN SABERS in the Japanese version. I stood there a long while going "Where are they? Did I fsod? I don't remember a fsod."

That's NOTHING though. When I came out of the game, I was told to collect my points as usual. Instead, I stood there for a while, chatting about how I was told that I basically sucked in Japanese. I then walked to the teleport, hit A, and...
nothing.

"Oh," I remarked, with difficulty, thanks to my jamming, bugged out Datel keyboard. "My button isn't working."

Anyway, he stood around waiting while I:

1. Unplugged the controller.
2. Plugged it back in. Nothing.
3. Walked over the room, took the controller from my other GC, tried that. Nothing.
4. Unplugged the keyboard. Nothing.
5. Unplugged everything, plugged it back in. Nothing.

Then he casually walked over to the computer where you register points, and asked me 'Can you still access this?'

OH MY GOD. At that point, I realised what I had done.

I HAD FORGOTTON TO REGISTER MY POINTS!

Anyway, I know people do this all the time, but I'm not sure they keep people waiting while they search for the way to fix it. What makes it worse is I've seen people standing in that teleport remarking that they can't warp out. I should've remembered. But I didn't.

Anyway, I'm not sure that beats this:

I warped out to the lobby, where I got chatting with people. I then decided to show off my pound sign to them. Now this still impresses some people, but when you are in Japanese mode, you can make a pound sign.
You have to type 'pound' in Japanese and hit space, but the result is a pound sign that has the room acting awestruck.

I got my usual "HOW DO YOU DO THAT?"s which pleased me greatly. I told them how to, then some guy sauntered over and made the manji sign at me.
Now for those who don't know, the manji sign is a Chinese/Japanese symbol that looks like a swastika.
I could not resist the challenge, so I made it back. He seemed a bit disappointed.

"DON'T tell anyone how to to that," he said. (I think we know why).

The conversation then went something like this.

Me: (manji) is not a swastika.
Him: I know. It means peace.
Me: Not really. (manji) is a symbol of rotation. Like, all encompassing.
Him: Oh. That's interesting. Is that why the Nazis used it?
Me: Yes. The Nazis used (manji) to mean power. Except they reversed it. That is why (manji) is not a swastika.

It was then I noticed that the lobby was INCREDIBLY silent.
It was directly after that, that I noticed the ENTIRE LOBBY was full of Germans.

Oh god.

- Shimarisu

Aredhel
May 29, 2003, 10:10 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I enjoyed that story

CajunSamurai
May 30, 2003, 05:02 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Pretty humiliating stuff, but if you really WERE stupid, you'd have done something like pulling the memory card in the middle of a save or accidentally hitting "recreate" on your highest level character and somehow proceeding to create a new one and saving over it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_hamster.gif

Jehosaphaty
May 30, 2003, 09:28 AM
ouch a room full o germans and ya pulled that out lol. well its not like u said u were a nazi or anything so i bet u were ok? did thay say anything to u or just stare? anyways i enjoyed tha stories, and nah ur not too stoopid. sounds like somthin id do early in the morning wen ive played too much pso. haha hava good one guys (and gals)

cheers

Monomate
May 30, 2003, 11:45 AM
ouch...

Frozt
May 30, 2003, 11:52 AM
Oh yeah your one of the good ones I can tell heheh you are unique man there cant be another classic story like that any where else , I havent heard anything like that sense the days of my DC days.

Jack
May 30, 2003, 01:12 PM
It's better than that Bruce Lee ponce with his swastika symbol chat pictures and shouting "HEIL HITLER" in lobbies anyway.

IceBlink
May 30, 2003, 02:01 PM
All that in one day?

That's pretty damn impressive. XD

satoshi1
May 30, 2003, 06:53 PM
Ouchies, that swastika/manji thing is pretty embarassing... But hey, hopefully it didn't offend anyone cause you weren't supporting the nazis or anything. Oh well, live and learn.

Shimarisu
May 30, 2003, 08:46 PM
Heh, I know I wasn't supporting the Nazis, (or the Na zis as Sega would have us refer to them) but I doubt those Germans spoke any english. So all they saw was the manji sign.

Update: Saw Bruce today. I called him Kevin and asked if HE could do the manji sign. I thought it'd annoy him. But he actually spoke to me. He said "You don't have to be racist to do this. It's just fun. It's just a game."

I don't know if that was the real Bruce, but, how weird. So to him PSO is for annoying people, which is just fun and just a game.

I told him I was a Japanese girl and asked for his GC. He said "My brother corrupted my guild card."

LOL. I'll try again next time I see him.

CGoodness
May 30, 2003, 09:51 PM
Why were a bunch of Germans there if you were on a Japanese server?

Shimarisu
May 30, 2003, 09:57 PM
Heh, I was on the UK 60hz server, in Japanese mode, on a European ship. You can switch languages on this game, you know...

Shimarisu
May 30, 2003, 09:58 PM
...unless you are on X-box. Heh.

Ryuzaki00
May 30, 2003, 10:51 PM
LMAO...just too funny...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif *ahem* ok, that's outta my system