PDA

View Full Version : Keeping NPC's alive (a tip)

Shir
Mar 12, 2001, 07:52 AM
One method I've used, when I can get it to work, is getting them stuck somewhere. Take corners sharply and hope they don't make it around. It doesn't matter if they're half the map away from you, they stay stuck in a safe room somewhere and you fight without worrying about them dying. They get auto-zapped to you when you use teleporters.
Another thing I do when they won't follow me and stand in the middle of a room getting hit by enemies, is use Ryuker. Zapping back to Pioneer auto-zaps them to you.

AdamW
Mar 12, 2001, 08:35 AM
Heh, yeah it's tough to do though. I have only been able to pull it off in the Forest with Alicia Baz. I wish I could do it with Mome. It's especially hard when you have to fight De Rol Le and you are a HUcast. Better be prepared to use lots of Star Atomizers as the idiot Mome never seems to heal himself.

MORB
Mar 12, 2001, 03:42 PM
I had Mome stuck behind once... I was happy, but it is of no help (except avoiding getting him dead before De Rol Le), because when you teleport at De Rol Le's place, he gets teleported too.

leemiranda
Mar 12, 2001, 11:41 PM
What I do is be a basic hucast shield. If enemies are on your android jump in and be a shield for them, on De Rol with Mome, shield him from the blue crap, and hope you build enough aggro on the parasite so he doesn't whack mome with his tentacles.

KenshinDC
Mar 25, 2001, 06:38 PM
I found a really easy way to kill De rol as a hucast... Its worked just about 9 outta ten times... (people kept on stealing my NON-duped soul eaters). but newayz... on the raft, when de rol jumps on, whip out your varista (or whatever u have) and walk to the other side of raft. If u get it right, one of two things should happen: A) de rol will focus aggro on you... or B) Mome should run around like an idiot, unable to get hit by the tentacles.
After getting the right spot, just keep on shooting... It may make the quest a bit longer, but success is MUCH higher. Hope it works for you all

LoneSaumrai
Level 71 BSODed Hucast (Cry!)

KenshinDC
Level 33 Hucast (Im Moving On Up!)

andriod7
Apr 5, 2001, 10:30 PM
i say the worst thing about npcs is that they think they can't die. one time i was standing in a doorway to heal me and mome, and mome decides to run into battle and dies! so the best thing to do is to have lots of staratomizers or learn resta and use it a lot

andriod7
Apr 5, 2001, 10:32 PM
and about de rol le the best thing to do is be sure to be closest to de rol le at all times