PDA

View Full Version : Noob ranger here needs help!!!!

RaNDoMMai
May 29, 2003, 10:04 PM
ok i made a RAmarl.

she is real cool when i use shots. but when i use any other gun i have a real hard time aiming. Its seems to not lock on easy. i had a force before and she would lock on things from across the room.

is there some kind of trick to the rangers or something? maybe a option or something?

any tips is apprciated.

~RaNDoM

mightyJoeDunn
May 29, 2003, 11:28 PM
Not really, I have a RAcast who is currently using a Frozen Shooter (rifle type) and he is having no problems at all.

Trickstr
May 30, 2003, 01:13 AM
over time you'll get more used to it.

Alielle
May 30, 2003, 03:25 AM
FOs seem to autotarget really well, whereas it's a bit of an adjustment when you're a RA. The only advice I can give you is to wait until you've targeted something before you shoot. Usually you'll hear the cursor lock-on before you see it.

It's not perfect. Rifle range is great 'n all, but I hate it when I autotarget boxes about 20 meters away when there's a group of 3 Gillchichs punching at me. >_<

Dhylec
May 30, 2003, 08:22 AM
On 2003-05-30 01:25, Alielle wrote:
It's not perfect. Rifle range is great 'n all, but I hate it when I autotarget boxes about 20 meters away when there's a group of 3 Gillchichs punching at me. >_<

lol it not just rifle.. handgun & sometimes mechgun also do this crap..
that's when i want closest target autolock-on!

RaNDoMMai
May 30, 2003, 12:40 PM
On 2003-05-30 06:22, Dhylec wrote:

On 2003-05-30 01:25, Alielle wrote:

lol it not just rifle.. handgun & sometimes mechgun also do this crap..
that's when i want closest target autolock-on!

well that sucks. even when i hear the noise i shot and i miss.

i got use to being able to zonde from acroos the room in caves. now i gotta wait and lock on=(

o well rangers are still cool. and using crush bullent blows everything away. i just wish they didnt pause so much stfer a shot.

thanks guys for responding.
~RaNDoM

Kaply
May 30, 2003, 02:09 PM
one small trick... keep zonde at L1 and keep it on a hotkey, that will make sure your autotarget will target some enemy... I don't remember the rules of zonde but I think it will target whatever's closest to you that's a valid targe right? so if you shoot it with zonde then use your guns you shouldn't miss with your guns, however this isn't very efficient, but it's possible to do http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif