PDA

View Full Version : What is the rare you least like to see?

Ayumu_Kasuga
May 30, 2003, 01:52 AM
I think I am beginning to grasp the concept of a "common rare".

Tonight I found my 12th and 13th Storm Wand : Indra, and while it is a useful weapon and I have kept a couple around, I am tired of getting them on almost any rare drop. This is becoming true of Ice Staff : Dagon as well. I've even gotten 5 Gae Bolgs this week. So it got me to wondering...

What rare are you least fond of getting, and what is your section ID?

phasma
May 30, 2003, 02:28 AM
Skyly *ROOOOAR*

looool and im sososooo insanely sick of finding last survivors and dragon slayers.... AAARGHHHHH!!!!

Even if the LS looked good.. but nooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Stupid potato peeling, toothpick of an excuse for a nail file.

GRRRRR!!!!

Anyone else gonna reply to this topic?? I'll pay youuuuu *slides 2 cents across imaginary counter*

No, no my friends!!! Keep it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Trickstr
May 30, 2003, 02:33 AM
I'm a Purplenum *SIGH*
I'm sick of seeing L&K14Combats! Half of my rares are flippin L&K14Combats

phasma
May 30, 2003, 02:40 AM
I'd take those loverly high % mechs off your hands bud!!!!!! Good pair of high % fully ground up L&Ks or some nice vulcans http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

I'd give you a Sange for it, or a red saber or a pair of musashi or...

AHHHH!!! Sorry to discuss trading in the wrong forum - wont happen again.

*PMs Trickstr*

Nerd
May 30, 2003, 02:41 AM
All I keep finding are these hideous lavis blades

*sells third pair to shop today for 10 meseta*

Nai_Calus
May 30, 2003, 04:59 AM
If I find one more fucking Cross Scar, Bloody Art or Blade Dance, it will break my spirit and I will become nothing but a broken, shattered ghost of my former self. And I'll go crazy and want to destroy the human race.

Duder_Cooter
May 30, 2003, 05:35 AM
Those are nothing compared to the 10 Brionacs I have found. The worst part is that my RAmar can't even use them. *Edit*

Do not make derogatory remarks, please respect the forum rules.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dj_dan on 2003-06-02 18:53 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
May 30, 2003, 05:46 AM
Only 10? If I still had every Cross Scar I've sold/left on the ground/otherwise gotten rid of, I would have at LEAST 40. Fecking Oran. Only worthwhile thing it gets I'll ever find is this nice Red Partisan.

Guntz348
May 30, 2003, 05:56 AM
On 2003-05-30 02:59, Ian-KunX wrote:
If I find one more fucking Cross Scar, Bloody Art or Blade Dance, it will break my spirit and I will become nothing but a broken, shattered ghost of my former self. And I'll go crazy and want to destroy the human race.

Ditto fellow Oran player. I hate those stupid things http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif

PatserGOUKI
May 30, 2003, 06:02 AM
Hehehe:

With my ORAN character: the F$&^#kking CROSS SCAR.

With my REDRIA character: the even so F$&^#kking DISKA OF LIBERATOR Man i see that enough now...
Special weapon: atp needed 495.... ok leave it, its shit!
Also an item which i find to many ALL RESIST! Im getting frustrated and sick and tired of this item!

PINKAL: Ice staff dagon... bluh

LOL

PatserGOUKI
READY TO FIND A DISKA OF LIBERATOR...

rena-ko
May 30, 2003, 06:16 AM
i'm hard to annoy by drops... i have dozens of db swords, guilty lights, stag cutleries... not to mention the omnipresent diska of braveman (redria) and storm wand: indra (pinkal).

and ... angel/luck... noone needs it, when you find master/ability in the next box...

i mean... well, with the braveman you could pick one with nice percentages... but who really needs percentages at a wand? - i found some with 50 hit... what for? gah... my personal %-luck is wasted on a weapon i'll never attack with...

and for the dragon slayers and last survivors.. and the mechguns... these are really useful trade items, ihmo - you're still lucky.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2003-05-30 04:18 ]</font>

GuerillaPimp
May 30, 2003, 06:50 AM
How about finding 5 Stink Frames ina single run throught Heat Sword. At last count i have 10 Stink Frames in storage...WTF happened to all the PD's!!!

SubstanceD
May 30, 2003, 06:55 AM
On 2003-05-30 00:28, phasma wrote:
Skyly *ROOOOAR*

looool and im sososooo insanely sick of finding last survivors and dragon slayers.... AAARGHHHHH!!!!

Even if the LS looked good.. but nooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Stupid potato peeling, toothpick of an excuse for a nail file.

GRRRRR!!!!

Anyone else gonna reply to this topic?? I'll pay youuuuu *slides 2 cents across imaginary counter*

No, no my friends!!! Keep it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Don't knock the Dragon Slayers dude, I had to work my ass off just to get one ( Pan Arms in Caves finally dropped one since the Hildebears in Forest were being stingy and the Love Rappies at Temple would not come out to play ) and personally think it rocks. As for waht rare I find the most and I just can't stand;

DB'Sabres

If I had a photon drop for every single DB'Sabre I have found I would have more than enough to get my Blue Black Stone and even then I would have a few to spare. I am soo sick of DB'Sabre's, I would not mind it if they were useful or if every single section I.D couldn't find then cause then you could probably trade a few of them ( Skyly players who find and hate DragonSlyers sould remeber that not everyone finds them and that there is at least some trade value there ) but you can't since they are worth less than spit.

By the way I am Skyly.

DevOtion
May 30, 2003, 12:17 PM
I'm a Viridia RAmar.
BRIONAC's really piss me off. I've got 16 now and also 7 VARISTA's.

16 Brionac's!!!
7 Varista's!!!

.IT SUCKS.

Soukosa
May 30, 2003, 12:37 PM
With my Skyly, it's all the Last Survivors the boxes keep giving me. At last count, I had found 39 of them, a couple of those I gave away. With my Pinkal, I keep getting Dagon's from boxes. It's kinda funny how the enemies keep dropping PD's and the boxes give me special weapons.

Robo47
May 30, 2003, 12:38 PM
Holy crap! Another Varista! I hate these things!
Stupid thing that looks like it came from Trigun!
I got 33! 12 of them came from the same level,
the Very Hard Caves. Who else hates these?

LadyRedComet
May 30, 2003, 02:08 PM
Varista, Gae Bolg, Ice Staff/Storm Wand/Fire Sceptre, and DB's Sabre all piss me off incredibly.

"OOh! Look! The Vhard Gibbles dropped me a rare! *#%&! It's another Ice Staff!"

Sharkyland
May 30, 2003, 02:58 PM
I have gotten more than 25+ of these items...

Skyly: Angel/Luck, Varista, DB Saber, Flowen's Sword, Dragon Slayer, Last Survivor, Stag Cuterly, Guilty Light, Wals, All/Resist, Master/Ability, Super/Resist, Custom Ray ver.00, Club of Laconium, and Justy

Oran: Going through Oran right now...

(Though what's really funny is when I play Ultimate mode, is that it is difficult to find a "Monomate" especially when you're raising a Mag.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2003-05-30 13:10 ]</font>

DarkShinjaru
May 30, 2003, 10:18 PM
22 Diska of Braveman and 19 Diska of Liberator with my Redria character...I need some Cross Scars.

Ryuzaki00
May 30, 2003, 10:36 PM
On 2003-05-30 02:59, Ian-KunX wrote:

LOL...again another oran player shall agree with you. i don't mind blade dance half as much tho, just 'coz they look cool when HUcaseals use them http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif. and lucky enough (or maybe i've not played enough...damn 60hrs), i've not gotten as many daggers as i've gotten materials (WOO HOO power, luck, mind, and hp mats).

Ryuzaki00
May 30, 2003, 10:37 PM
On 2003-05-30 00:41, Nerd wrote:
All I keep finding are these hideous lavis blades

*sells third pair to shop today for 10 meseta*

hehe...i'll buy a lavis blade for 10 meseta http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif it will go nice w/the synesta Orans can find http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

kat
May 30, 2003, 11:20 PM
My pinkal ranger (bad combo there) doesn't know what to do with her clubs of laconium. She's finally gotten some nice gear from my brother's greenil (who found three Visks in an hour - one for him, one for me, one for my BF's pinkal ranger - and now I"m happy enough http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

My Yellowboze Hunter finds a lot of $. She's happy. She also finds a ton of other cool stuff. Though she also gets a lot of DB's sabers... though doesn't everyone?

My Greenil Brother also finds a lot of Blade Dances.

Oh, and I'd love to get a cross scar or a bloody art off your hands, if you don't want.

silvermax
May 31, 2003, 02:22 AM
mostly just ice staff dagons.. red box! wand... screw that, oh and Gae bolg.. blade wep.. cant equip.. looks for the +5 or 10 luck .. yep screw that....

the last GOOD rare i found was a red saber

havent played my greenil or redira chars long enough to be over run with crap

Logical2u
May 31, 2003, 06:17 AM
Redria ID, just so you know.

I went into VHard Caves 3, and I shot two regular boxes. There were to Red Box Items in them. BOth were freakin BRIONACS that my FREAKIN RAMAR cant use! ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sega is tryin to make me go insane! I have only found 3 of every classes weapon, and i can only use 3 out of my 9 legits... noooooo!

Electron
May 31, 2003, 07:40 AM
With my now corrupted Humar Yellowboze I found tons of DB's saber on low levels. When I got up to Ultimate all I could play was Forest because I got my ass whipped on Caves.
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif El Rappys!
Yay! Another Cross Scar! *Throws the twentieth Cross Scar on the pile*...
With my Pinkal Fomar which I use now I can only find those damn Fire Scepter: Agni and Ice Staff: Dagon. When I was lower level with him I found like 25 Club of Laconiums...

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bash.gif

Robantifast
May 31, 2003, 12:23 PM
Skyly: 10,000,000,000 Last Survivors and 2,839,040 Dragon Slayers...*Edit*...I sell them for 1 meseta before tekking.

Pinkal: 452904 Storm Wands and about the same number of ice staffs...I'm starting to sell those too...I've also found like 6 Stink Frames which is ok I guess...

Purplenum: H&S25 Justice. I've found like 8,000 of the things, and only one has %s...and crappy ones at that...just great, more of the mechgun I used to want really bad...

Redria: Not high level enough to find anything so good...I haven't even found a diska of liberator with this character yet

All Characters: All/Resist. I want to send every All/Resist I find to burn in hell...GAH they're so USELESS. And then we have the DB's Saber and Varista before I get to Ultimate Mode...GGRRRRR!!

Do not make derogatory remarks, please respect the forum rules.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dj_dan on 2003-06-02 19:01 ]</font>

lordinviso
May 31, 2003, 04:19 PM
If I see another club of laconium I will take the stupid staff and shove it up a monsters rear end and have him take it back.

Foxx-
May 31, 2003, 05:24 PM
Let's see. Purplenum.

At first, it was VARISTAs. 110 ATA? Pick it up and see if there's any good % to it. No? What a shame. *drop*

Then, once into Ult, it's now the L&K14 COMBATs. Same procedure with 124 ATA. I detest the Sil Dragon dropping them, but I've got one untekkered with a 50 somewhere, so that's not too shabby.

Greenill is about to bust into V.Hard. If I could ever sit down long enough with her, she'd make it, but nooooooooooo. Nothing too annoying there, although VARISTAs are starting to come into fashion.
She loves her WALS though.

Viridia and Redria haven't started out into rare territory yet.

And maybe it's just me, but I get annoyed when a Pal Rappy drops a photon drop instead of a red handgun.

malinko
May 31, 2003, 05:34 PM
BLUEFULL and GAE BOLGS, I get 'em everywhere.

Rappy-Assassin
May 31, 2003, 06:19 PM
I"m a Skyly and like SubstanceD get too many fricken DB sabers. I must have found like 35 now. I just run around normal games giving them to newbs and they get all excited screaming oh my gosh he gave me a rare whooooooopeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I'm just thinking wait till you get to hard mode then every single fricken rare you find from then on will be damn DB sabers. I curse you person whos initials are DB for making such a common and piece of crap sword!

DevOtion
Jun 1, 2003, 08:39 AM
Viridia RAmar. I already posted to this thread but i got a new complaint. Anything I cant use or already have. I get too many of them... I'm like "Oh a rare", pick it up and... would you look at that! I cant use it or already have loads of them. SHIT

Murky_Death
Jun 1, 2003, 01:27 PM
Whitill here. I can't count how many DISKA OF LIBERATORs i have. On the other hand, i would kill for a stag cutlery right now.

Monomate
Jun 1, 2003, 01:53 PM
PURPLENUM
lessee...M&A60 VISE H&S25 JUSTICE

REDRIA not far enough...(not enjoying my slicers of assassin though...)

My Bro's ORAN
DB'S SABER

My Friends BLUEFULL
BRIONAC

Friends REDRIA
VARISTA
DB'S SABER
SLICER OF ASSASSIN
(but he's found a MUSHASHI I want, a STAG CUTLERY I can't use, but want anyway, and a DOUBLE SABER which i would rape for...) grr...

Rappy-Assassin
Jun 1, 2003, 02:28 PM
I wouldn't mind finding one or two L&K-14 Combats or H&S-25 Justices I've been dying to get either one of those but I rarely find Mechs because I'm Skyly I'd gladly find L&k14's or H&S25's than crappy DB sabers

Sharkyland
Jun 2, 2003, 10:33 AM
Heh... I always think normal had the most rares... materials, grinders and other stuff though when your playing with friends and you pick up an item and oh it's this weapon again and you drop it... then your friends fight over the rare item...

An orange box... nah, got a better weapon. A blue box... hmm what armor slot or armor did I get... I wish magic had a different color. /_

Kaply
Jun 2, 2003, 12:11 PM
At one point I also did think that an orange box/blue box wouldn't be worth my time until I realized that tech barriers were blue and that gush/geist mechguns with 30+ hit% actually makes it worth it to check them out. My main is an RAmarl L100+ and well into Ultimate. I try to keep the highest/best % combination on the rares that I find.

hm.... I guess the most annoying rares to find as an Redria would be GUILTY LIGHT's when you're running through caves for the other stuff. Tons of Vulmers means tons of chances for that crap -.-

Robo47
Jun 2, 2003, 08:26 PM
DB saber! oh, you should't have.Stupid monster, eat
photons!(busts out Charge Laser)

CGoodness
Jun 2, 2003, 08:45 PM
yellowboze:

Kaladbolg
Brionac
Custom Ray
Varista
and DB's Saber

you should have seen me jumping around the house when for the first time in about a month, i found a rare I DIDNT already have

Cross Scar

Mattoko
Jun 2, 2003, 09:03 PM
With all this whining, I was wondering if anyone wants to trade my Fire Scepter AGNI, Club Of LACONIUM or BRIONAC For A Good Gun? I know, no trading on this forum but forget it.