PDA

View Full Version : PSO witchcrat

Alielle
May 30, 2003, 03:27 AM
Dupers are scum.

Frozt
May 30, 2003, 11:44 AM
I treat them with the upmost respect , I belive in the japanese/chinese codes and principals and with those codes come great customs and respects, Dupers are a way of the game infact its just like life itself dupers keep the whole system in balace just like animals eat animals death and duping is away of the system without them the game wouldent be like it is now eather it would be good or bad , because when you start to think in the game you say to yourself " dang I wish I had that weapon well if you even get that weapon its probably duped plus its just like the matrix a glitch and you cant do anything about that( The Animatrix breaks this down more) I give the dupers not honor but respect and great respect I dont take dupes but half the weapons I trade for others are dupes any way.

LegendaryMage
May 30, 2003, 01:17 PM
On 2003-05-30 09:44, Frozt wrote:
because when you start to think in the game you say to yourself " dang I wish I had that weapon well if you even get that weapon

Odd, I didnt think that way, I was too busy worried about the level 12 Ranger with the heaven punisher killing everything before I could attack.

Frozt
May 30, 2003, 01:45 PM
Its odd that you clearly couldent just nicely ask him to use another weapon or just go join another game asking people nicely isent a chore.

LegendaryMage
May 30, 2003, 02:01 PM
Actualy I did tell him/her to stop and use another gun nicely, but it only influenced them to use the kill everything attack on the gun more often.

Reenee
May 30, 2003, 05:56 PM
Now, Frozt, see why dupes are bad?

Aurra
May 31, 2003, 12:04 AM
I keep my distance. Not on purpose really, but because I don't really care what other people are doing on PSO. They could be standing in the same lobby as me, talking about plotting to blow up my house and I probably wouldn't notice. I just chat with my friends usually.

And Frozt, dupers don't keep the system in balance, they are what is unbalancing it. Rares are meant to be rare; it's not every PSO player's right to own a Double Cannon.

Some people got this idea in their heads that duping is a completely natural and appropriate part of PSO... while it does exist (you'd have to be blind and deaf not to acknowledge the fact that duping is real), it was not meant to be for a reason. Some items are just meant to be rarer than others, because of their power, looks, etc. Dupers are basically taking it upon themselves to rearrange the distribution of items on PSO, and what they've done is completely turned around the rarity star system... to see someone use a Saber (not a rare saber, just the one you start the game with) is much more rare than seeing someone using a Double Cannon or BKB or Psychowand.

Orange_Coconut
May 31, 2003, 12:18 AM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Orange_Coconut on 2003-05-31 11:17 ]</font>

Reenee
May 31, 2003, 01:15 AM
I said dupes, not dupers.

tommarndt
May 31, 2003, 02:00 AM
ok, so someone is using heavens punisher to kill everything. Simple solution. Leave the game.

Dupers will only affect you if you let it affect you. You don't accept dupes, it doesn't affect you. You don't play with people who use dupes, then it doesn't affect you. People keep complaining about dupers and how they ruin everything, but it's really you people you are making this into a bigger deal than it really is. Me duping weapons isn't going to affect you, so don't hate on me.

Trickstr
May 31, 2003, 02:39 AM
here, here I'm glad most of you treat them normaly and for those of you that don't please consider it if that particular duper stops it won't stop the other millions.

WyteGoldWielder
May 31, 2003, 05:45 AM
No respect at all ,Why not pay someone to play it for you if your to LAZY to work for the stuff.I have Characters for every I.D. (after getting burned with hacked stuff) so I can find anything I want the old fashioned way, by actually putting in the time and effort.But that's a sign of the times " I want everything and now",pretty sad.

Frozt
May 31, 2003, 12:45 PM
Hey I know dupes are bad and Im not saying they are good Im just generalizing on the people who do it all Im saying is that I dont approve of it but I dont hate people for it if they want to dupe then they can ruin the expirence of playing the game of what its worth instead of finding one on their own and getting the expirence to be happy about it.

Orange_Coconut
May 31, 2003, 01:17 PM
Heheh.... Sorry about that then, I misread.

brillyfresh
May 31, 2003, 01:27 PM
ah, people making hasty conclusions about duping, again ... i guess it's hard to argue with people who seem to know everything about another person .....

i use dupes, but does it hamper my quest to find more rares?
- no

could someone with a legit Heaven Punisher be just as much of a jerk as someone with a duped Punisher?
- yes (and oh yeah, did you even bother to ask if it was duped? you can't assume it is, because you know what assuming does .....)

does duping have anything to do with teamwork?
- no

doesn't exactly fit the generalization, huh?

that level 12 ranger was still a douche, not because he was using a duped item, but because he wasn't taking other team members into consideration

if someone wants to play the game with a duped item, fine .... but when they start cramping my style or become a general nuisance, things change ...

Frozt
May 31, 2003, 03:53 PM
Nicely said but its still leaves me with this kinda of a look o_0i

Trickstr
May 31, 2003, 04:34 PM
if you see a level 13 character with a good gun it could of been given to him by a higher level character he has.

LegendaryMage
May 31, 2003, 04:56 PM
I asked if he/she was legit and they said "Hell No!".

Lontar
May 31, 2003, 05:08 PM
All anti-dupers would spend days toiling in a level for hours on end rather than just use dupes. Including the time it takes to make a new character and get into Ult? About a month, just for one weapon. That's sad. Too much of a good thing is bad. That's why I like dupers. For me, it ruins the game to play a level over and over and over and over and over again just to come out with amps, dragon slayers, mats, PDs,and Sanges when what I really wanted was a Yas3000. Too much of a level makes me hate the game. And don't tell me that everyone who hates dupes doesn'tuse at least one. Dupers are partof the game. Their either one more obstacle or an easy way to beat a boss. I can't see why nobody even respects them. Did you ever think that their also more intelligent than the average player? The dupers know what others don't. It's the way ofthe game, and I think dupersare helpful. Without dupers, I wouldn't have a Yas or Guldmilla. Simply put, dupers kick ass.

Trickstr
May 31, 2003, 05:20 PM
acording to the votes it seems most people treat dupers normally that maen that the people who don't are the ones usually posting in my opinion you sould either treat them normally or steer clear of them.
basically all the threds we see in this foum are Dupers suck or kill dupers it's infuriating.

Sham
May 31, 2003, 05:30 PM
On 2003-05-31 15:08, Lontar wrote:
All anti-dupers would spend days toiling in a level for hours on end rather than just use dupes. Including the time it takes to make a new character and get into Ult? About a month, just for one weapon. That's sad.

Really? That's pretty funny. I didn't spend anywhere NEAR a month to find my Psycho Wand. And it definitely wasn't toil. What about the Twin Blaze I found unintentionally? Oh, just 1 run through East Tower, and bam. Or the Spread Needle I like so much? A nice little run through Ruins in a JP game, ending with me getting lucky in a game of Janken and winning the prize. The point of me posting about these items? Just shows you're wrong.

Too much of a good thing is bad. That's why I like dupers. For me, it ruins the game to play a level over and over and over and over and over again just to come out with amps, dragon slayers, mats, PDs,and Sanges when what I really wanted was a Yas3000. Too much of a level makes me hate the game.
Then maybe you shouldn't be playing PSO if the only way you can enjoy it is to cheat.

And don't tell me that everyone who hates dupes doesn'tuse at least one.
I use 0 dupes, and I hate them. It's not that hard of a concept, you know? I think it's hilarious how so many dupe users love saying "lol i bet at least 1 of ur itams is dupd". Silly little mentality of thinking Since I can't handle playing this game legitimately, I'm going to accuse EVERYONE else of doing the same thing I do, cheating!

Dupers are partof the game. Their either one more obstacle or an easy way to beat a boss. I can't see why nobody even respects them.
I hope someday, when you apply for a job somewhere, some guy uses unfair tactics and/or lies, and gets the position instead of you. Then you tell me if you respect that person for cheating.

Did you ever think that their also more intelligent than the average player?
Haha, fuck no. It's quite the opposite, actually. Dupers usually can't type legibly, and seem to be rivaled in intelligence by a box of Kleenex. Add the personality of "lol im such a rebel, i cheat in games", and you've got a Class A Dickhead.

The dupers know what others don't.
Yeah, how to fuck up games.

It's the way ofthe game, and I think dupersare helpful. Without dupers, I wouldn't have a Yas or Guldmilla. Simply put, dupers kick ass.
It's not a way of the game, sorry. This is a prime example of what Aurra said how people get accustomed to the thinking that duping is just part of the game, as if ST intended it and everything. And how do you know you wouldn't own a Yas/Guldmilla? Your lazy ass didn't even attempt to find them, so trying to predict things is just stupid.

malinko
May 31, 2003, 05:41 PM
On 2003-05-31 15:30, Sham wrote:

On 2003-05-31 15:08, Lontar wrote:
All anti-dupers would spend days toiling in a level for hours on end rather than just use dupes. Including the time it takes to make a new character and get into Ult? About a month, just for one weapon. That's sad.

Really? That's pretty funny. I didn't spend anywhere NEAR a month to find my Psycho Wand. And it definitely wasn't toil. What about the Twin Blaze I found unintentionally? Oh, just 1 run through East Tower, and bam. Or the Spread Needle I like so much? A nice little run through Ruins in a JP game, ending with me getting lucky in a game of Janken and winning the prize. The point of me posting about these items? Just shows you're wrong.

Too much of a good thing is bad. That's why I like dupers. For me, it ruins the game to play a level over and over and over and over and over again just to come out with amps, dragon slayers, mats, PDs,and Sanges when what I really wanted was a Yas3000. Too much of a level makes me hate the game.
Then maybe you shouldn't be playing PSO if the only way you can enjoy it is to cheat.

And don't tell me that everyone who hates dupes doesn'tuse at least one.
I use 0 dupes, and I hate them. It's not that hard of a concept, you know? I think it's hilarious how so many dupe users love saying "lol i bet at least 1 of ur itams is dupd". Silly little mentality of thinking Since I can't handle playing this game legitimately, I'm going to accuse EVERYONE else of doing the same thing I do, cheating!

Dupers are partof the game. Their either one more obstacle or an easy way to beat a boss. I can't see why nobody even respects them.
I hope someday, when you apply for a job somewhere, some guy uses unfair tactics and/or lies, and gets the position instead of you. Then you tell me if you respect that person for cheating.

Haha, fuck no. It's quite the opposite, actually. Dupers usually can't type legibly, and seem to be rivaled in intelligence by a box of Kleenex. Add the personality of "lol im such a rebel, i cheat in games", and you've got a Class A Dickhead.

The dupers know what others don't.
Yeah, how to fuck up games.

It's the way ofthe game, and I think dupersare helpful. Without dupers, I wouldn't have a Yas or Guldmilla. Simply put, dupers kick ass.
It's not a way of the game, sorry. This is a prime example of what Aurra said how people get accustomed to the thinking that duping is just part of the game, as if ST intended it and everything. And how do you know you wouldn't own a Yas/Guldmilla? Your lazy ass didn't even attempt to find them, so trying to predict things is just stupid.

Couldn't have been said any better.

brillyfresh
May 31, 2003, 06:22 PM
well, maybe it could have malinko:

On 2003-05-31 15:30, Sham wrote:

remember that some people aren't as lucky with this game as you are ... i don't think people should be denied of having what they like in this game, as long as it isn't bothering anyone else

i hope someday, too, that you realize that this is a cutthroat world and that life is unfair, and that being a part of this unfair, cutthroat world, PSO is no different

well ... i wouldn't have said it like that, but i wouldn't say that dupers are necessarily more intelligent either

And how do you know you wouldn't own a Yas/Guldmilla? Your lazy ass didn't even attempt to find them, so trying to predict things is just stupid.

who's to say that he hasn't stopped looking for them? i don't stop looking for legit counterparts of the dupes that i have, and maybe he does that too

don't jump to any conclusions ... remember our PMs Sham

Sham
May 31, 2003, 08:08 PM
remember that some people aren't as lucky with this game as you are ... i don't think people should be denied of having what they like in this game, as long as it isn't bothering anyone else

Me? Lucky? I wouldn't ever claim so, but if you wish to think that... The only thing I listed that I really worked for, was the Psycho Wand. And maybe I did get a bit lucky with the number of Mil Lillies it took, but that's besides the point. If I can do it, anyone can. And I think people should be denied items. I personally feel that, if you go so low as to cheat in an online game, directly violating the TOS and the enjoyment of others, then you shouldn't be playing the game at all.

i hope someday, too, that you realize that this is a cutthroat world and that life is unfair, and that being a part of this unfair, cutthroat world, PSO is no different

No. Even though I used an analogy pertaining to real life, that doesn't mean there is any correlation between PSO and real life, in my opinion. I actually think it's sort of funny you mention how it's cutthroat.

who's to say that he hasn't stopped looking for them? i don't stop looking for legit counterparts of the dupes that i have, and maybe he does that too
don't jump to any conclusions ... remember our PMs Sham

I doubt he does that, seeing as he wears a shiny Duper Appreciation badge square on his chest. And the fact that he says "without dupers, I'd never have my blah/blah", just shows that if he actually thinks that way, then he obviously wouldn't have put any effort into finding them. Because if he did plan to find them, he wouldn't have such a negative outlook and prediction. You're the rare occasion when a dupe user continues to look for legit items. So rare in fact, I've never heard of anyone else doing the same thing. Oh, and I like conclusions... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

LegendaryMage
May 31, 2003, 08:47 PM
Its kinda scary how brave dupers are in vega, they aren't ashamed at all that they are ruining the game for hundreds.

Frozt
May 31, 2003, 11:18 PM
Well get over it because theres nothing you can do about it its just a glitch any way , so just learn to live with it.

tommarndt
Jun 1, 2003, 12:07 AM
"Its kinda scary how brave dupers are in vega, they aren't ashamed at all that they are ruining the game for hundreds."

Actually by duping weapons for themselves, they ruin the game for themselves. Duping weapons for other people, then the other people ruined the game for themselves by asking for dupes. The dupers aren't ruining the game for legits if the legits don't let it bother them.

I'm in a room with dupers and i don' approve of dupers... simple solution, leave. Not a hard concept. Dupers only bother you if you let them.

"Well get over it because theres nothing you can do about it its just a glitch any way , so just learn to live with it."

Actually duping isn't a glitch. Ask anyone who dupes.

brillyfresh
Jun 1, 2003, 02:43 AM
On 2003-05-31 18:08, Sham wrote:
Me? Lucky? I wouldn't ever claim so, but if you wish to think that... The only thing I listed that I really worked for, was the Psycho Wand. And maybe I did get a bit lucky with the number of Mil Lillies it took, but that's besides the point. If I can do it, anyone can.

well .. maybe you're fairly lucky ... i've seen so many threads on these forums of level 100+ characters who haven't found anything more than a Gae Bolg or Photon Drop ... i feel bad for them, because as much work as they have put into building that character, they still haven't found any outstanding item to show for their accomplishment ... hell, they deserve a dupe for that

this game's ratio of rare finds is probably the most complex aspect of this game

And I think people should be denied items. I personally feel that, if you go so low as to cheat in an online game, directly violating the TOS and the enjoyment of others, then you shouldn't be playing the game at all.

and if Sega really chose to enforce their TOS, there would be a staggering drop in the online population

also contributing to the population is the knowledge that you can get almost any item you ever wanted online ... were it not for dupes, PSO might not have had the appeal that it does for many players, giving Sega the notion that it was a flop and that it should be taken down

but then again, i'm sure sega knows all of this and chooses not to enforce their TOS simply so more people hoping to find cool dupes in trades will still keep paying that all-important $8.95/month

No. Even though I used an analogy pertaining to real life, that doesn't mean there is any correlation between PSO and real life, in my opinion. I actually think it's sort of funny you mention how it's cutthroat.

you could compare aspects of this game to real life, but that's too in-depth and way off-topic

"cutthroat" is funny ... especially when you see the entire team rush the dying boss for a red box .... crotch-sniffers http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I doubt he does that, seeing as he wears a shiny Duper Appreciation badge square on his chest. And the fact that he says "without dupers, I'd never have my blah/blah", just shows that if he actually thinks that way, then he obviously wouldn't have put any effort into finding them. Because if he did plan to find them, he wouldn't have such a negative outlook and prediction. You're the rare occasion when a dupe user continues to look for legit items. So rare in fact, I've never heard of anyone else doing the same thing.

i know a few others like me, there are probably more than you or i think

i just hope that some of the points i stress get through to people ... that'll be a cold day in hell

BonusKun
Jun 1, 2003, 03:42 AM
I'm just indifferent. I know dupers who are assholes and dupers who are actually cool people to talk to.

This lumping of dupers into one catagory is about the same as lumping Legit players into the same bracket. There are asshole legits and cool legits.

Not too hard to find out since most of the anal legits usually make games with names like

Legit only. No HUmar BKB ect ect.

Some people need to get the sand out of their vaginas....

Sham
Jun 1, 2003, 11:30 AM
but then again, i'm sure sega knows all of this and chooses not to enforce their TOS simply so more people hoping to find cool dupes in trades will still keep paying that all-important $8.95/month
Hm, how could they really enforce it, though? There's no way to differentiate between a legit item, and a duped item. They're at a point where, there's nothing they can really do. Duping is possible through offline mode, and a USB card method, and who knows how many other ways. They fucked up, by not properly testing the game before it's release, (IE. dupe method that was available in V1), and now they're stuck. The only way to fix it would be to make an append disk and make everyone start over, which doesn't even guarantee no cheating; not to mention they'd lose a lot of customers.

i just hope that some of the points i stress get through to people ... that'll be a cold day in hell
I understand them, it's just I don't really agree with them.

Edited- a couple of meaningless paragraphs after reading the post below this. I'm going to assume Aurra is correct about the way the population drop was interpreted.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sham on 2003-06-01 15:08 ]</font>

Aurra
Jun 1, 2003, 02:44 PM
On 2003-06-01 09:30, Sham wrote:
But about that conclusion thing, I don't think you should predict that the game would be a lot less popular without cheating.

That's not what he was talking about. What he meant is, basically everyone has broken the ToS at some point in their PSO life. If they actually banned everyone who has ever cheated, we'd have maybe 4 or 5 people running around online.

LegendaryMage
Jun 1, 2003, 05:42 PM
I think there would be alot more than 4 or 5...

Aurra
Jun 1, 2003, 09:52 PM
I don't, since there is more rules to the ToS than "don't cheat." You're also not allowed to make "offensive symbol chats," "insult other users," and a whole slew of other obscure things that almost everyone on PSO has done at one point or another. How many people do you know who have never insulted anyone on PSO?

brillyfresh
Jun 1, 2003, 10:28 PM
On 2003-06-01 09:30, Sham wrote:

Hm, how could they really enforce it, though? There's no way to differentiate between a legit item, and a duped item. They're at a point where, there's nothing they can really do. .... The only way to fix it would be to make an append disk and make everyone start over, which doesn't even guarantee no cheating; not to mention they'd lose a lot of customers.

we all know now that the double save certainly isn't a sound course of action for sega or sonic team

and the cheating hasn't really been serious enough to merit a possible ver. 2 of the GC version ..... in the DC version they had more that enough reasons, e.g. NOLing, hacked characters/items, lobby FSODs, just to name a few

I understand them, it's just I don't really agree with them.

that's fine with me ... i know that not everyone will ever agree with me, but at least you understand what i'm stating and take the time to think about it

Trickstr
Jun 2, 2003, 02:16 AM
can a mod please lock or delete this post it's getting out of hand

Aldark
Jun 2, 2003, 06:13 PM
I said like a normal person because even though I don't agree with cheating and I wish I had some control over something so I could do anything to put a stop to it, I know it's just a game and someone shouldn't have their life revolve around a game.