PDA

View Full Version : Contact Sega and Bitch at Them for not fixing FSOD-X Corrupt

WeinerTrick
May 30, 2003, 04:00 AM
http://www.sega.com/community/profiles/pso_gcn/pc_front/gcn_pc_help_contact.jhtml;jsessionid=GAEAETLLUJSXS CRSBUFCNHAKGIGRIMS5

There's the URL, feel free to tell them all about your problems. They can't ignore FSOD-X forever, they've got to fix thier own mistakes!!

BTW, if you do go to that link and send a message you have to reply to the automatic email they send to you or else you will be ignored.

It's been three damned months since they started the second save patch, and over that three months nearly everyone on pso has been corrupted by FSOD during the second save at least once. I've rarely met a member who hasn't, the poll topic about this matter is proof enough - half of the people on pso have been hit by it!! Hell, a good friend of mine got pso online a week ago and now he's corrupted at level 79!! He lost four characters just like I did! (I lost 125,66,35,and 48)

If enough people complain about this problem and give detailed recounts of what when and why it happened, sega is bound to fix it!!

-LordNikon-
May 30, 2003, 04:25 AM
Hmmm I am sorry to burst your bubble but I just don't think this will do any good. It is clear that xbox pso is having way more problems than it should be. I think this is due to the uncontrollable hardware issues with the xbox console, and the fact that people can manipulate the console to do their bidding.

If someone can run a distro of linux on an unmodded xbox(such as gentooX), then it should be fairly simple to strut around PSO like a god causing terror where ever one sees fit.

Sega couldn't fix all the chaos that was ensuing on DCv1 PSO, they had to release a whole new PSOv2, with fixed code.

Almost all server and collocation networks can't even keep their boxes from getting rooted(aka hacked).

The xbox PSO right now is rather exploitable due to the system having a HD, and also being able to load up custom programmed software. The are too many exploits at the moment, some unknown to sega for them to patch. Technically i think at this point they would have to release a development team onto PSO and the servers to determine the exact methods that cheaters are cheating, and then develop methods to prevent it from happening.

This is easier said than done. PSOX just came out, I highly doubt sonic team is going to release a PSOXv2 anytime soon.

Sorry that the F-SOD's are happening, i know how horrible it is losing a character. Had it happen to mayself. It sux http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Just my two cents

-LordNikon

saturn-fan
May 30, 2003, 04:37 AM
fsod on psox does not cause corruption, i belive they fixed this somehow, or the fact that its saved on a hard disk rather then a memory card makes the save less volitile.

any way i thought EU psox was clean, but ONE person is hacking away using a modded xbox, a clean xbox, UK pso disk, JAP pso disk and a pc.

This would cost him a lot of money and i doubt that theres gonna be a lot of people like him for a while.

saffaya
May 30, 2003, 05:00 AM
On 2003-05-30 02:25, -LordNikon- wrote:
Hmmm I am sorry to burst your bubble but I just don't think this will do any good. It is clear that xbox pso is having way more problems than it should be.

sorry buddy, but he's talking about GameCube corruptions. Please refrain from pointless Xbox bashing, thank you.

If someone can run a distro of linux on an unmodded xbox(such as gentooX), then it should be fairly simple to strut around PSO like a god causing terror where ever one sees fit.

in short, NO.

saturn-fan
May 30, 2003, 05:02 AM
only way to hack xbox items and go online is to have 2 xboxes

Ryo_Hayasa
May 30, 2003, 08:57 AM
i have not PSOX, but i thought there was something where, you could hook your xbox to your computer then transfur (blank blank blank) the you could change the (bleh bleh bleh) and then go back online and bam. whatever you want.
and i don't think he's Box Bashing, it is true.
Xbox and PC have been hit the hardest due to hacking as i've seen and herd. it' sad, it wasn't even out a week.
oh well, excuse me if i sound harsh but.
"i can't stand hackers" cept, PSOW's hacker that is out there for well us. and he's not a "punk".
i feel sorry that everyone blaimed him for the Hacked Mind Sato and Flame Garment. even if he did hack it. and give it to a close circle of friends, THEY dupped them. i bet he may be as upset as some of us are.

MagnumOpus
May 30, 2003, 09:14 AM
I feel for you bro
I have experienced FSOD approximately.....6 times, but I have been fortunate to lose only the items contained on my character, and twice I only lost the meseta on my character....but the risk is too great for sega to ignore....

I have contacted them several times in the past, but the technical aspects are beyond my comprehension, but whoever posted that reply with all of the tech bits, thanks, it gave me an idea on how sega needs to go about fixing the problem, and thats its not so cookie cutter easy...

CHEERS!
Keep on rocking in the free world!

scmfxt
May 30, 2003, 12:03 PM
FSOD suck... For awhile I've been frequent by FSOD during the teleport to Dark Falz (Neverending teleport ride). I lost count after 10 FSOD on this ride. 2 FSOD on my way to fight Olga Flow. 5 FSOD during ship/block change. 2 FSOD after challenge mode completion (lost my status). I lost quite amount of rare items, level and status. No corruption yet. So yeah.. I feel your pain. A friend of my friend got corrupted at lvl 199 and just a week ago my PSO babe got corrupted at lvl 187. A few others who I know had their corruption also. *Sigh* Will these corruption ever stop? Will ST ever do anything to remedy this? Only time will tell but I'm losing interest because of it and Sega will be losing money.

Just an observation: Since I cleaned some of my guild cards I have not have problem with FSOD unless I recieve new guild card, move or delete then FSOD occur. Does anybody have same situation? I think guild card are to blame (at least for me).

WeinerTrick
May 30, 2003, 03:05 PM
Actually I do recall reading a thread on another pso board saying that the less amount of guild cards you have, the less chance of getting FSOD.

This MAY be true, as I only had 3 pages of guild cards at any time, and I rarely got FSOD.

Though I still did get corrupted at level 125...

JEEZ CORRUPTED AT 187 AND 199?!?! I COULD NEVER FORGIVE SEGA FOR THAT!!! HATE MAIL TIME!!!

-LordNikon-
May 30, 2003, 05:48 PM
Oh I thought by saying FSOD-X he was saying FSOD for x-box.

And how is it xbox bashing? everything i said is true. Nothing was malicious.

saffaya Re-Read the post, was just stating facts. Jeeze

WeinerTrick
May 30, 2003, 08:01 PM
I meant FSOD-X as the final fsod, haha maybe I should call it

FSOD OMEGA

Nah, that sounds stupid.

Personally I think of xbox as an outdated PC that tries to be a console, but that's just me.

I own 4 games for the sucker, but since I don't have broadband I can't get on xbox live...!!!

I also own a PS2 and a GCN of course.

Vantamiath
May 30, 2003, 09:22 PM
FSOD is usually from being in the wrong place at the wrong time, or filling out your ISP info a little shaky.

All I can say about FSOD-X is...

well...

Ok, think of it this way...

Think of FSOD-X like playing a physical sports game (stay with me here), if you play a physical sport and worry about getting injured or hurt, it will only worsen your situation. Because you cant help some things right? Well just like in the physical sport, you could avoid it at all costs like NEVER playing (playing offline) but you would be missing out on the game.

Conclusion; If you worry about something happening, you just make yourself uncomfortable and paranoid over something you dont have control over.

*pops 18 Aleve*