PDA

View Full Version : XBOX and GameCube

Cyber_Punk
May 30, 2003, 06:49 AM
Being an owner of both gamecube and XBOX, I hav decided to buy PSO (having already had the DC version). I am gonna go with the XBox version, seeing as how Nintendo havnt bothered to release any modems or BB adaptors for the Cube in the UK. Anyways, I was jus wonderin if Xbox and Cube owners can play PSO online 2gether??????
Cheers all.

Guntz348
May 30, 2003, 06:55 AM
XB and GC servers are completely seperate and you can not play together. Also just so you know, XB players can only play with players from the same region. If you have the EU game you can only play on EU ships. US can only play with US and JP with JP. Theres no cross region ship jumping http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Cyber_Punk
May 30, 2003, 07:12 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif ... That sux, I jus gotta hope the game is selling well in the UK and Europe then. Thats canny crappy how I cant play with u Americans. O well, at least there will be no1 of a high level like 100 on the EU Xbox servers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cyber_Punk on 2003-05-30 05:13 ]</font>

rena-ko
May 30, 2003, 07:16 AM
xbox
-each region seperated
-dsl only
-voicechat & keyboard (seperately)

gamecube
-world wide
-dsl and dial up modem
-keyboard (seperately)

details are:
its said voicechat is sometimes confusing since you dont know who said what due to lack of any visual signs...

guildcard search is easier on xbox since the game automatically orders those who are online in the moment on top...

on cube its like that new quests like seat of the heart and east tower arent available on eu-servers. you'll have to switch over to japanese or american (?) ones. this would not be possible on xbox.

both versions are actually the same but the online part is different - cube version has 2 ep2-quests the xbox version hasnt, the xbox has 1 downloadable offlinequest the cubeversion hasnt.
it also seems that xbox online content gets updated later than the cube content.

flip a coin if you cant decide ^_^ good luck

Cyber_Punk
May 30, 2003, 07:24 AM
Well since there is no Gamecube modem, and no BB adapter, I guess its XBOX 4 me

XavierDreamknight
May 30, 2003, 08:26 AM
It gets updated later probably because it has to go through M$'s legal crap. The only good thing the PSOX version has is voice chat.