PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with me!

JayHale
Mar 12, 2001, 09:43 AM
Listen to this! I have a level 29 FOnewm, which I absolutely love, but he's WEAK! I can only play the ruins when I'm with a team of people, and when I do play and get some shots in, I may do maybe 100 pts. in damage with a hard attack 3 shot combo! I know that I should be more spell oriented, but in the ruins my spells don't hurt them that bad. Someone did however give me a varista, which I can't equip at the moment, but I'm sure it will do some damage when I can. Also, there's a Railgun I want to equip but I can't do so till my ATA is 98, and I can't equip a Varista until I my ATA reaches 110! How do I raise my ATA? I leveled up, and then looked at my ATA but it didn't move up! I need some help guys, my problem is all centered around weapons and doing some damage, and that's not impossible just because I use a Force.

Tiny_Tim
Mar 12, 2001, 10:14 AM
Only couple of ways that I know of that raise ATA is 1) feeding your mag items that raise it's dexterity (antiparalysis usually works...I think?) or, 2) equiping ?/arms units in your armor slots. If you're too impatient to do the former, then just go to the store and buy a couple of the latter.

meleth
Mar 12, 2001, 10:41 AM
I had no problems with ruins or the boss on normal with my FOnewm and he was only lev 27 when i killed the boss. There is no reason to use weapons. I used spells for everything. I think i even used a wand for the extra 10 mst. The only thing you need is to identify the weakness of all mobs in there so you use the correct elemnt on them. Most mobs are vurnable to fire. If you wanna take them out one at a time or use larger spells just depends on how many of them there is.

I used 2 strats.

1. If it was delsabers or some other more annoying mob but just one or two of them, just hang around the entrance to the room. Cast a couple of spells on them, run out from the room until they move away and then go back in. *repeat*

2. When there was multiple mobs (claw etc.) run in to the middle of the room and get them together and then waste them with the bigger fire spells.

Just make sure you have a clear path out of the room and you should do just fine.