PDA

View Full Version : Any AOL RPers wanna join my new PSO SL???

Chud
May 30, 2003, 01:08 PM
I am starting a PSO SL on AOL. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's a group (preferably around 4-8 people) of AOL members that roleplay our characters in a private chatroom on AOL. This SL only has two members including myself, so I'd like some more people to join. Please, no newbs, IM or e-mail me at [email protected]

The storyline is undecided, which means if you join quick enough, you can help create it. Any characters are allowed, as long as they are PSO related. I.E: You can have any type of hunter, or you can even have a character that isn't a hunter. But you can NOT have a character from some other game or show..ect.. So basically, the character has to be from PSO; doesn't necessarily have to be a Hunter/Ranger/Force, but has to be a type of those people. So please get in touch with a.s.a.p. if you are interested in joining! Oh, and yes...newbs are excepted. But just because I'm nice...though I will be converting your newbieness, of course.. ;D Haha..lol. Ok, so join up, and if you're a newb, prepare to go back to school.

~Chud

HUnewearl_Meira
Jun 2, 2003, 08:50 PM
I remember RPing on AOL back when it had some organization... Back in the days of an actual, established FFGF (Free Form Gaming Forum)... Back in the days of guilds with some measureable level of organization, back when people really DID have to roll their dice to accomplish anything in a fight... Back in THOSE days, if you didn't have dice from a guild, you had no dice! If you had to defend youself, you had to do so with 2d20's! Heck, AOL even had an organization floating about to enforce the organized rules (That would be the FFGF)! Not to mention that Rhy'Din, at one time, had an established history... Believe it or not, the Red Dragon Inn and the Stars' End Bar did indeed originate in the same continuity. The FFGF (which was eventually swallowed up by AOL's Games Channel... and subsequently dissolved), used to have an archive of descriptions of locations in Rhy'Din (including, but not limited to the Red Dragon Inn, Stars' End Bar, some ruins, etc...), as well as an archive of official FFGF-registered characters. *Sigh*... Been too long.

Chud
Jun 2, 2003, 10:05 PM
Yep yep... I remember those good ol' days as well... Too bad they're gone. ;__; Now, the only enjoyable thing left are SLs. And, of course, Yahoo!Groups (of course, E-Groups was better. >.<;).

HUnewearl_Meira
Jun 3, 2003, 10:21 PM
My last hurrah was a kickin' SL which lead my character, Jube, to meet his destiny... My best storyline to date. I've tried to get a couple of other SLs going with him since then... But I just don't have the time anymore. Quite time-consuming, indeed.

Chud
Jun 3, 2003, 10:31 PM
Yeah, they really are time consuming. Although, I think it's worth it if you have a good one going. Ahh.. They're so much fun. ^_^

HUnewearl_Meira
Jun 4, 2003, 12:12 AM
What I'd like to see, is a huge SL going within PSO itself. Not just an organized little thing between a few people... But a massive organized corroboration headed by some organized community, such as, heck, PSO World. Maybe an entire section of the site devoted to maintaining the news and other social aspects of the RP... Huzzah indeed...

Chud
Jun 4, 2003, 09:32 PM
Wow... I've never thought of something like that.. Man, that would be cool. Having a huge SL going, with people RPing constantly, and not even knowing probably 3/4 of the people in it. You should submit that idea to someone, lol. I'd like to see something like that come into play.

HUnewearl_Meira
Jun 4, 2003, 10:08 PM
Indeed... I've PM'd PSOSaladwood with the idea. Why don't you bring it up to him as well? Bring more attention to it. Ideas supported by multiple people tend to be taken more seriously.

Chud
Jun 5, 2003, 12:04 AM
Ah, awesome. I PMed him as well. Man, I really hope he considers it. It'll be incredible if he does. I can't wait to find out his results! x.x;;