PDA

View Full Version : GC: Gamcube connection

Cyber_Punk
May 30, 2003, 01:50 PM
does anyone know a website that has instructions on how to feed my gamecube through my pc in order to use my USB modem???
Cheers all

Frozt
May 30, 2003, 01:53 PM
I dont know a web site and I dont know much about techsupport but if I am right ,just do what Im doing get your bba if you already have one then go buy a cat5 cable to hook to your cube to your pc, if thats what your talking about.

Cyber_Punk
May 30, 2003, 02:01 PM
Yea thanks, I was jus a little concerned about the fact I am in the UK and I mite of had to go about it differentley is all (presuming you are from the US). Also, can you tell me about opening network connection when I hav hooked up the Cube to my PC???

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cyber_Punk on 2003-05-30 12:04 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cyber_Punk on 2003-05-30 12:12 ]</font>

Muku6
May 30, 2003, 02:09 PM
I don't know much about this, but I can give you an overview of what I do know...

-You need BBA
-You need another network card
-You don't need a CAT5 cable but rather a CROSSOVER cable. They are clearly marked as two different things.

You're going to need another network card because you need you're net connection on the one already in there, and to get your GC to have a net connection you need that second one.

Put in your BBA in your GC and the Network card into your computer. You'll run your Crossover cable from your GC's BBA to your computer's newly installed network card.

With that said, you'll need a network sharing program. I'm sure if you use Windows it already has one, I know XP does at least. I can't give you names or anything, because I've never done it. I'm sure someone can help you with that a bit more.

I hope this helps a little.

Cyber_Punk
May 30, 2003, 02:17 PM
Cheers m8, but I am pretty sure I dont need another network card. My ADSL modem plugs into the USB port on my PC, leaving the network card free (I dont home network, I hav a network card for LAN gaming at a freinds house a friends house).

Benoit
May 30, 2003, 03:46 PM
And now for the final touch...

About sharing your connection:
You can use Internet Connection Sharing in Windows 98 SE and upwards, or you can use WinRoute Lite to do it. I don't know where you have to activate ICS, though. And if you're going to use WinRoute Lite, you will have to make some extra adjustments. But I guess you have ICS somewhere.

Muku6
May 30, 2003, 07:36 PM
Yea if you have ASDL modem that plugs into your USB port, you're set. Have fun. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif