PDA

View Full Version : disappearing items

J-Sword2
May 30, 2003, 05:51 PM
I was playing with my character online and i turned it off. then the next time i played all my items were gone. I lost my Nug, Yas 9000, Frozen Shooter, Ruby bullet, it took me ages to find these weaps. Can anyone tell me what happened?

Reenee
May 30, 2003, 05:52 PM
Did you turn off the Gamecube in the middle of a save process?

J-Sword2
May 30, 2003, 05:56 PM
No, i didnt

J-Sword2
May 30, 2003, 06:00 PM
no i didnt turn it off.

Reenee
May 30, 2003, 06:14 PM
Hmm...what about BSOD, FSOD, or anything like that? Did you quit and save, and turned off the Gamecube while the screen still showed the save process in progress?

Benoit
May 31, 2003, 06:23 AM
Seems you turned it off without first selecting Quit Game from the menu and letting it save.

That's what happens. When you go online, all non-equipped items are removed from you and put into memory, and then the changes are saved to your memory card. When you choose Quit Game, the game saves your progress(LV, EXP) and returns all your non-equipped items to your save.

This method exists to prevent duping of items using game mechanics. If it didn't use it, you could go online, drop some items, turn your console off, and you would go back online with still all your items on you, and the items you dropped would also still be there, meaning you just duplicated it.

So it's very important to save before you log off. Offline, however, this process isn't applied, so your save would be unaffected then.

Logical2u
May 31, 2003, 06:48 AM
Lol. YOu are freakin lucky you didnt get char corruption. dont EVER turn off your GC with out hitting the quit game button and letting it save.

Benoit
May 31, 2003, 01:45 PM
Actually, turning it off without saving hasn't ever led to corruption, as far as I know. Unless maybe if you're REALLY unlucky.