PDA

View Full Version : THE RAREST FIND?!

Malachi
May 30, 2003, 09:58 PM
I think I have made the rarest find in PSO.
I have talked to many people and nobody else has ever had this happen, but I'm sure it probably has happened to someone along the way:

I had just gotten to FOREST 2 on Ultimate mode for the first time (I just cleared Very Hard) and I made it up to the part where you use the warp to get to the room right before the room that has the entrance to the boss. I went up to the boxes along the wall and used RaZonde, every item in the boxes was a [?]SPECIAL WEAPON item, I was kinda like "Wtf? Kool!" then I kept playing on. I broke the boxes next to the dome's broken door, and found yet another [?]SPECIAL WEAPON and some Meseta, then moved on and fought the Sil Dragon.

After I defeated it, I grabbed the krappy support item it dropped and began to break the boxes, and EVERYTHING in all the boxes were either [?]SPECIAL WEAPONs, Meseta, or Photon Drops. So in the end of my first time though Ultimate mode in the Forest, I came out with (after Identifying them at the Tekker):

FLOWENS SWORD
FLOWENS SWORD
VARISTA
MAHU
MAHU
CUSTOM RAY Ver.00
CUSTOM RAY Ver.00
KALADBOLG
DB'S SABER
BLOODY ART
MACE OF ADAMAN
MACE OF ADAMAN
CROSS SCAR
PHOTON DROP
PHOTON DROP
PHOTON DROP
PHOTON DROP

I accidentaly sold one of the Mace Of Adaman that I picked up, but it's not like it mattered anyway because I'm a HUmar and can't exactly use it. I had to use Ryuker a few times to get back to Pioneer 2 because I filled up when I was picking up junk to sell (Valliant Frames, Ect.) Still though, I would like this to happen again. ^_^ So now my deposit box is filled with these items, plus the rare ones I already found in the other difficultys.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Malachi on 2003-05-30 20:00 ]</font>

DarkShinjaru
May 30, 2003, 10:12 PM
I'd like to take a cross scar...rarest finds I ever had were in the seabed ult and they were the following:
Diska of Braveman
Diska of Braveman
Diska of Braveman
Diska of Braveman
Diska of Braveman
Diska of Braveman
Diska of Braveman
Photon Drop....

Ryuzaki00
May 30, 2003, 10:31 PM
cool...i dunno if i'd call that a "rare" find, but definately lucky. rare would be like goin' thru "fake in yellow" on ult and findin' all pal rappies in a room and gettin' all red boxes (weapons and photon drops) and materials or meseta...that would be nice...*day dreams*

Robo47
May 30, 2003, 10:58 PM
Holy gee wiz you guys are lucky!My rare findings
were:
x10 VARISTA
x4 Photon Drops
x1 INFERNO BAZOOKA (my fav)
X2 DB SABER
x1 CADACEUS

but none were found within one&a half hour of
eachother... hmm

Malachi
May 31, 2003, 12:06 AM
My friend Christian (Character name: X-Tian) has that same problem with the Varista. He finds like 20 Varistas in an hour or so. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif He's also got that problem with Inferno Bazooka. When we're going 2 player in Vhard mode he always finds them in boxes in both the forest and mines.

But anyway, if something this extremely rare happens to me again, I'm definately going to get online service and give some of this sh*t away. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Mortus
May 31, 2003, 10:00 PM
Dang! That sounds like it is the rarest find! GJ!

Vanango
May 31, 2003, 10:16 PM
you found that all in one run?

My best run (finding the most rares) was Ultimate Caves:

Photon Drop
Demo Comet
Diska of Braveman
Guilty Lightx2

Hakai
Jun 1, 2003, 11:57 AM
I don't exactly understand. What's so great about these finds? They're primarily all generic 9 star weapons. Uhh if you're gonna talk about finding rares how about my two Monkey King Bars in 1 run.. Or my Syncesta I found this morning or the other syncesta I found the other day. Maybe the Lavis Cannon I found from the pouilly slime Or I dunno Luminous field from a gilchic I can go on.. But .. yeah I still don't understand. >.> Well whatever uhh have fun finding those darned rare items. I found lke 10 ?Specials in a forest run before But I sold them all cuz they were crap.

Monomate
Jun 1, 2003, 01:39 PM
do you know what beat time that was? if you do, go back there at the same beat and look for more!

Evilperson
Jun 3, 2003, 09:09 PM
You are all lucky, I rarely get any freaking rares... but I can saw I have a 1975 AGITO!! That took me a long time to find since i can only get them from Del D.... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bash.gif

Driadyte
Jun 3, 2003, 11:07 PM
Yeah, that's definately uncommon, but it doesn't make it anything really special like Hakai said. I think my best run was finding a Red Slicer and an Asuka with 50% native in the same Caves 1 run.

Zelgadis
Jun 4, 2003, 11:16 AM
I did the fake in yellow quest offline. The El Rappies were dropping Flowen swords and photon drops like crazy. I even had a chance to see the much elusive Pal Rappy 3 times. Unfortuantly I could get to it in time and they all took off before I could smack em. But I had to go back to pioneer 2 like 4 times because of those damn Flowen swords. Right after I finished the quest I did a dragon run and picked up 3 Red sabers.

Akujin
Jun 4, 2003, 02:13 PM
you...are...lucky.....I've only found like...3 rares in one run.....*sigh* my luck sucks....

Rljohn
Jun 4, 2003, 07:02 PM
FLOWENS SWORD
FLOWENS SWORD
VARISTA
MAHU
MAHU
CUSTOM RAY Ver.00
CUSTOM RAY Ver.00
KALADBOLG
DB'S SABER
BLOODY ART
MACE OF ADAMAN
MACE OF ADAMAN
CROSS SCAR
PHOTON DROP
PHOTON DROP
PHOTON DROP
PHOTON DROP

Wow...seems like you lie http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

malinko
Jun 4, 2003, 08:25 PM
My best run was today infact! Crimson Assassin dropped my PURPLENUM FOnewm a Yasminkov 9000v on his 6th run through Temple, and Hildelt was nice enough to drop a Kamui! Both had 0/0/0/0.

Ghaleon
Jun 5, 2003, 02:53 AM
doing fake in yellow i got 4 stags in one run

Raxxon_Ironis
Jun 5, 2003, 01:22 PM
I broke the boxes next to the dome's broken door, and found yet another [?]SPECIAL WEAPON and some Meseta, then moved on and fought the Sil Dragon.

After I defeated it, I grabbed the krappy support item it dropped and began to break the boxes, and EVERYTHING in all the boxes were either [?]SPECIAL WEAPONs, Meseta, or Photon Drops. So in the end of my first time though Ultimate mode in the Forest, I came out with (after Identifying them at the Tekker):

FLOWENS SWORD
FLOWENS SWORD
VARISTA
MAHU
MAHU
CUSTOM RAY Ver.00
CUSTOM RAY Ver.00
KALADBOLG
DB'S SABER
BLOODY ART
MACE OF ADAMAN
MACE OF ADAMAN
CROSS SCAR
PHOTON DROP
PHOTON DROP
PHOTON DROP
PHOTON DROP

Has anyone noticed that this guy is full of shit?
The brown boxes that appear in each level have a set type of item and therefore CANNOT DROP RARES. it will always be either an orange, green, or blue box containing their respective items. Nice ploy man, but, as I said, you're full of shit.

Duder_Cooter
Jun 5, 2003, 01:53 PM
My best find was a monomate.

Malachi
Jun 6, 2003, 08:22 PM
The brown boxes that appear in each level have a set type of item and therefore CANNOT DROP RARES. it will always be either an orange, green, or blue box containing their respective items. Nice ploy man, but, as I said, you're full of shit.

I'm not lying about shit, if you want a screenshot of the forest I can show you that EVERY box I come across is the same color. Of course, my game/memory card could be glitching out. My Asparas' name has changed into the name "Asp[..s" a few times.

So before you go acting like a fool, maybe you should've took into consideration that something could be fu*ked up. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/twak.gif

Fonewm_Ged
Jun 7, 2003, 10:06 AM
I was very lucky a few days ago in the forest.

I found a photon drop... BUT it was on normal difficulty in Forest 1 and I was only level 9 when I found it!!!

I am not sure how lucky I am. Can someone tell me whether my find was lucky considering it was on normal difficulty on forest 1?

Malachi
Jun 7, 2003, 04:20 PM
That's pretty lucky, the only thing in the Forest on normal that I get those from are Rag Rappys. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Malachi on 2003-06-07 14:22 ]</font>

Soukosa
Jun 7, 2003, 04:44 PM
This doesn't sound right. Not only do I not see how one can get that many rares in one run through Ult Forest, but on the first run? Also, some of those rares can't be found with the ID of the character you have listed in your profile.

Zelgadis
Jun 7, 2003, 05:15 PM
This is evil. Right after that run I haven't found anything extremely good since then. I guess I wore the game down on rares. It's so evil that the Dragon drops monomates now!! I hate the dragon. Kweh. It sucks. I stopped playing my FOmar since then. Evil Dragon.

MasterOfBlades
Jun 7, 2003, 05:18 PM
one time i was in c2 normal and i got like 3 pds offline from..lol been too long but what really annoys me is i was online f1 ult and after i whacked a pal rappy all it dropped was a freeze barrier..

MasterOfBlades
Jun 7, 2003, 05:18 PM
one time i was in c2 normal and i got like 3 pds offline from..lol been too long but what really annoys me is i was online f1 ult and after i whacked a pal rappy all it dropped was a freeze barrier..

MasterOfBlades
Jun 7, 2003, 05:19 PM
why did it do double? stupid computer

ChrisFox
Jun 8, 2003, 04:57 AM
On 2003-06-07 08:06, Fonewm_Ged wrote:
I was very lucky a few days ago in the forest.

I found a photon drop... BUT it was on normal difficulty in Forest 1 and I was only level 9 when I found it!!!

I am not sure how lucky I am. Can someone tell me whether my find was lucky considering it was on normal difficulty on forest 1?

in my first quests in normal I also found an 'add slot' and later a photon drop http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif (ID Pinkal)

and the first time I went in forest 2 in a quest in normal I saw a Hidlblue but he dropped me nothing special http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ChrisFox on 2003-06-08 03:00 ]</font>

Malachi
Jun 8, 2003, 10:52 AM
This doesn't sound right. Not only do I not see how one can get that many rares in one run through Ult Forest, but on the first run? Also, some of those rares can't be found with the ID of the character you have listed in your profile.
All of them can be found under my section ID. Look at the Item Datatbase. I just thought it's weird how I found all that krap at once. Btw, I just realized I included one to many Photon Drops. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif[/b]

Malachi
Jun 8, 2003, 10:53 AM
On 2003-06-08 08:52, Malachi wrote:

All of them can be found under my section ID, I'm an Oran. Look at the Item Datatbase. I just thought it's weird how I found all that krap at once. Btw, I just realized I included one to many Photon Drops. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Raxxon_Ironis
Jun 16, 2003, 10:07 AM
On 2003-06-08 08:53, Malachi wrote:

On 2003-06-08 08:52, Malachi wrote:

All of them can be found under my section ID, I'm an Oran. Look at the Item Datatbase. I just thought it's weird how I found all that krap at once. Btw, I just realized I included one to many Photon Drops. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit.

Don't even try and make up lies about your game being "fu*ked up" just so you can dig yourself out of the hole you so gracefully plopped into. Anyway, yes, I would like to see this screenshot of these alleged rares. You could either Private Message me or even post it here, but I will stay as a nonbeliever til I see it. By the way, it's database without the extra 't.'

NeoPhatnutz
Jun 16, 2003, 12:17 PM
I've beared witness to a great run online, and some great short runs offline.

The online one was through a Hard (I think it was hard, maybe VHard) Forest. The maker of the room was a Yellowboze named Spike. I also have Beat Times recorded off of many of the findings in here, I may post them soon.

Through the Forest, we witnessed all the following...

3 Booma's Right Arm
1 Gobooma's Right Arm
1 Gigobooma's Right Arm
2 Rappy's Wing
1 Hildebear Head
1 Al Rappy (gave Branch of PakuPaku, now which Difficulty is that gained on?)
1 Hildeblue (first Blue sighting, but it was stingy)
2 Addslots

I'd say that that was one awesome Rare Variation.

Here are some others I've had offline as a Purplenum.

Ultimate Ruins#1-
Belra's Right Arm
Red Mechgun
...in back-to-back rooms

Ultimate Ruins#2-
Spread Needle gained from Merlan....and AGAIN, less than 90 beats later in the same run.

Ultimate Seabed-
2 Photon Drops
The Sigh Of A God, from Delbiter
...all within 10 minutes.

Soja-Soulcrusher
Jun 16, 2003, 09:43 PM
If this is true, then I truly envy you. @_@ And here I am, trying to procure a Stag Cutlery from a Guil Dragon in VH Caves. I can't wait to be at a high enough level for the Ultimate mode. ~_~;;

This brings us to my next question... does the LUCK rating factor into any of this?

demonknight
Jun 17, 2003, 04:45 AM
my rarest find was i found a real agito and a star amplifier and 3 storm wands in one run through forrest of sorrow without piping

Malachi
Jun 20, 2003, 03:14 AM
Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit.

Don't even try and make up lies about your game being "fu*ked up" just so you can dig yourself out of the hole you so gracefully plopped into. Anyway, yes, I would like to see this screenshot of these alleged rares. You could either Private Message me or even post it here, but I will stay as a nonbeliever til I see it. By the way, it's database without the extra 't.'
I have absolutely no reason to try to look kool infront of anyone, I just simply thought I would talk about it...and the screenshot, I will put that up when I get my PSO disc back from my neighbor Sunday.

Btw, I know how to spell database, it's called a "TYPO". Something everybody makes at least once in their lifetime...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Malachi on 2003-06-20 01:16 ]</font>

morgado
Jun 20, 2003, 05:09 AM
You have a lot of lucky.
In the ultimate forest (pso v2) the rarest items I found were a VICTOR AXE and an ANCIENT SABER.

Raxxon_Ironis
Jun 20, 2003, 11:22 AM
I have absolutely no reason to try to look kool infront of anyone, I just simply thought I would talk about it...and the screenshot, I will put that up when I get my PSO disc back from my neighbor Sunday.

Btw, I know how to spell database, it's called a "TYPO". Something everybody makes at least once in their lifetime...

Despite the fact that you are not trying to look "kool," I still don't believe you and I am waiting eagerly for this *coughcoughdocteredcoughcough* screenshot.

Later

Raxxon_Ironis
Jun 20, 2003, 11:32 AM
I'm not lying about shit, if you want a screenshot of the forest I can show you that EVERY box I come across is the same color. Of course, my game/memory card could be glitching out. My Asparas' name has changed into the name "Asp[..s" a few times.

So before you go acting like a fool, maybe you should've took into consideration that something could be fu*ked up. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/twak.gif

Yet more proof that you're lying. "Asparas'" name comes up as "Asp[..s" eh? ::parrot voice:: *SCREECH* FULL OF SHIT!! *SCREECH*. First of all, it's "Apsaras," already making your story implausible. "Asp[..s"?? Dun make me break out the parrot again.

Still waiting for that screen Malachi...

Dillon
Jun 20, 2003, 12:27 PM
My best run came last night when I got 3 different rares from the VHard retired hunter quest.

Within the first 5 minutes of it I found..

Custom Ray v00
Final Impact
Kaladholg (or however you spell that)

One of those came from one of those poison stumps..the Custom Ray, I believe.

The Kaladholg came from a box, and the Final Impact from a Chaos Bringer.

I found no other rares until I went on to play through all areas and got a Mahu after slaying De Lo ray or whatever in the last part of the mines.

And as for that one guy's run..I don't know. I'll have to see a SS before I believe that entirely. Oh well, I'll be level 80 by tonight, I'll just go on Ult and see for myself. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

DarkShinjaru
Jun 20, 2003, 02:08 PM
Yet more proof that you're lying. "Asparas'" name comes up as "Asp[..s" eh? ::parrot voice:: *SCREECH* FULL OF SHIT!! *SCREECH*. First of all, it's "Apsaras," already making your story implausible. "Asp[..s"?? Dun make me break out the parrot again.

Actually, it is spelled Asparas...Dunno where you got Apsaras from..

In the ultimate forest (pso v2) the rarest items I found were a VICTOR AXE and an ANCIENT SABER.

LoL, what section ID were you, Morgado? I always found that stuff with my Redria on v2.

Malachi
Jun 20, 2003, 05:08 PM
Just by these posts you have been making, Netherwind, I can tell that you're just another one of the idiots that fills up the internet. You're just about as unprofessional as it can get. Sorry to sound like I'm flaming, but my 10 year old sister doesn't even act this childish.

Besides that, though I am a Graphic Designer, I don't doctor screenshots. Right now I don't have anywhere to upload the shot to, seeing as Audio Dragon's bandwidth was exceeded: http://ad.iceklown.net if you don't "believe me" on this either, just click there.

Raxxon_Ironis
Jul 10, 2003, 01:53 PM
On 2003-06-20 12:08, DarkShinjaru wrote:
[quote]Yet more proof that you're lying. "Asparas'" name comes up as "Asp[..s" eh? ::parrot voice:: *SCREECH* FULL OF SHIT!! *SCREECH*. First of all, it's "Apsaras," already making your story implausible. "Asp[..s"?? Dun make me break out the parrot again.

Actually, it is spelled Asparas...Dunno where you got Apsaras from..

Check the Mag Galleries, Mag Guides, any posts about the mag, and it's all Apsaras. Has been, always will be.

Later

Mildewman1
Jul 10, 2003, 02:04 PM
ummm i don't understand how you get a load of different items from boxes. when you look on item findings i have not seen a class that can get 5 or 6 different items from boxes on ultimate forest level 2.

JLX
Jul 10, 2003, 02:33 PM
Azuri_Netherwind

I know its going back a tad, but it is definitly possible to get rares in item boxes. On my first run through ultiamte forest last weekend, i got a Last Survivor from a level 1 box, and 2 photon drops from 2 level 2 boxes respectivly. So i don't know where you got the idea that boxes cant' drop rares from, but if anything, its making you look like more of an ass who doesn't know what they're talking about than anyone else in this thread. And thats just from your first post...

As for constantly ranting about more off topic things, by looking back at your first post onwards, you'll notice that no-one besides the creator of this post, and about 2 other peoplehave responded t anything you've said. And no response so far has been positive/in your favour. It also seems you are trying to make an argument. Yes the story is a bit unbelievable, and we have not seen any proof, but that does not immediatly make it a lie. So stop flaming everything this person does. They have tried to defend their case, with you immediatly following with more flaming, screaming stuff along the lines of 'You're a liar!' etc...and if this subject really bothers you that much, then don't bother following the damn thread!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JLX on 2003-07-10 12:33 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JLX on 2003-07-10 12:37 ]</font>

Reiya
Jul 11, 2003, 06:10 AM
Actually its Asparas moron

martian_man
Jul 11, 2003, 06:55 AM
Well this post showed the best of us http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Logical2u
Jul 11, 2003, 07:12 AM
On 2003-06-05 11:22, Azuri_Netherwind wrote:

I broke the boxes next to the dome's broken door, and found yet another [?]SPECIAL WEAPON and some Meseta, then moved on and fought the Sil Dragon.

FLOWENS SWORD
FLOWENS SWORD
VARISTA
MAHU
MAHU
CUSTOM RAY Ver.00
CUSTOM RAY Ver.00
KALADBOLG
DB'S SABER
BLOODY ART
MACE OF ADAMAN
MACE OF ADAMAN
CROSS SCAR
PHOTON DROP
PHOTON DROP
PHOTON DROP
PHOTON DROP

Actually, Brown/Gold boxes have either a preset item (like in quests and such) or a random item. BUT THEY ALWAYS have an item. And how did I find my Varista 0/0/0/0 then, if I didnt get it from a box?

Raxxon_Ironis
Jul 11, 2003, 04:25 PM
I'm not saying that the GRAY boxes don't drop rares, because I've found many a Meteor Smash in Vhard Caves, HOWEVER, I am saying that there are two types of boxes, the gray ones that CAN drop rares, and then there are the brown boxes which CANNOT drop rares, because they have a preset type of item. Example: Forest 2, three brown boxes grouped together in the room beyond the pink door, will ALWAYS contain a Star Atomizer, a defensive item, and a weapon. Therefore, his story is implausible. But, I am willing to withdraw all of my comments if I am provided with a legitimate screenshot. By the way, I wanted to apologize to everyone I flamed in this thread, I have had a horrible month.

Later

Raxxon_Ironis
Jul 11, 2003, 04:28 PM
On 2003-07-11 04:10, Reiya wrote:
Actually its Asparas moron

Read the forum rules. And also, raise a mag until the Asparas/Apsaras stage, do your research, and THEN come flame me, but I'm purty damn sure I'm right.

Later

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Azuri_Netherwind on 2003-07-11 14:29 ]</font>

-ARIES-
Jul 11, 2003, 04:34 PM
My first Rare item on this character (Level 31 RAmar) is a Dragon Slayer +1 that the dragon dropped in hard mode... I'm a ranger, so I can't use it. I've offered it to Megamanx(forgot what the numbers are in his/her name... -_-) in exchange for an inferno bazooka, but I haven't gotten a reply.
Anyone here willing to exchange an inferno bazooka for my Dragon Slayer?

**NOTE: I don't have a hunter's license yet..**

-ARIES-
Jul 11, 2003, 05:08 PM
Found me another Dragon Slayer.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

muff
Jul 11, 2003, 05:31 PM
I agree with the guy who says they have preset items although I once found a PD in a box after the dragon.

Raxxon_Ironis
Jul 18, 2003, 04:40 PM
On 2003-07-11 14:34, -ARIES- wrote:
My first Rare item on this character (Level 31 RAmar) is a Dragon Slayer +1 that the dragon dropped in hard mode... I'm a ranger, so I can't use it. I've offered it to Megamanx(forgot what the numbers are in his/her name... -_-) in exchange for an inferno bazooka, but I haven't gotten a reply.
Anyone here willing to exchange an inferno bazooka for my Dragon Slayer?

**NOTE: I don't have a hunter's license yet..**

Uber-off topic buddy, post trades in the aptly named Trades Forum.