PDA

View Full Version : about chain sawds...

excecutor
May 31, 2003, 03:55 PM
how hard are these to find? i have a 70 skyly hunewearl in ult and she can fight in the caves. should it take very long relatively to find this because i see that somwheres around 40 confirms have been made on this. the stats look pretty good and the weapon looks cool. is this worth getting?, and if so should it be relatively easy to find for a ultimate mode rare?

Guntz348
May 31, 2003, 04:01 PM
They are pretty easy to find in Skyly caves, but really it comes down to dumb luck. I'd say a conservitive estimate would be at least one per every 3 or 4 cave runs. I think you'd find one much faster but I think that would be a good safe estimate.

Soukosa
May 31, 2003, 04:19 PM
A Chain Sawd for every 3 to 4 Caves runs? I wish I had that kind of luck, I've done tons of Cave runs and have only found 1 Chain Sawd.

Guntz348
May 31, 2003, 04:27 PM
Do you play online or offline Kalonera? I don't actually have a skyly so the only skyly games I'd be in was with my freind online. We used to do IS runs a lot just for the exp and would end up with a ton of chain sawd's after a few runs. I geuss it really does boil down to good ole fashion dumb luck, we'd find chain sawd's yet both of us hated using sword type weapons.

Soukosa
May 31, 2003, 04:49 PM
On 2003-05-31 14:27, Guntz348 wrote:
Do you play online or offline Kalonera? I don't actually have a skyly so the only skyly games I'd be in was with my freind online. We used to do IS runs a lot just for the exp and would end up with a ton of chain sawd's after a few runs. I geuss it really does boil down to good ole fashion dumb luck, we'd find chain sawd's yet both of us hated using sword type weapons.

I've played most offline with my Skyly and have never done any IS runs with her. It is kinda funny how I got the only Chain Sawd I've found in one of the first few runs but never any after that.

Madzozs
May 31, 2003, 04:50 PM
I've found 1 chainsawd out of all of my caves runs so far. I like it alot, and the sound kicks ass. Plus, mine came with some decent percents.

VulpesMundi
May 31, 2003, 05:02 PM
I've found at least ten Chain Sawds, myself. I recommend playing through the quest Addicting Food repeatedly. That quest has a really high enemy count (especially a high Evil Shark / Vulmer count). I played through that a lot looking for Red Swords and Daggers and managed to continuously stumble upon Chain Sawds doing so.