PDA

View Full Version : The little guy in red

john_galt
Mar 12, 2001, 02:00 PM
Has anyone else spotted players in the lobby with no name? Three times now I've spotted the same character who doesn't have a name over his head (yes, I did have it turned on, everyone else in the lobby had a name).

It was the same character every time. I think he's a short RAmar. His costume is all red, a nice bright, marlboro box red, with silver hair. All three times I tried speaking to him, saying stuff like "Hey Red!", "You in the red, with no name.", "Hey, why don't you have a name?" But I get no response...

The first time I saw him was on Titania 16. The second time, I can't remember what server, but the third time was this past Saturday on my first visit to a European server.

Has anyone else seen this character and, perhaps, gotten a response from him. My first guess is, of course, it's a sega employee. Anyone know what he's up to?

Next time I see him on, I've got an idea.. I'm going to try to send him my guild card. Hopefully I can catch him in a room with only a few players. Then I'll deduce which name is his in my list of players that are available to receive the guild card. Hopefully a name of some sort appears in that list.

Ambrai
Mar 12, 2001, 04:51 PM
I respect the thinking but I am willing to assume that his name would be blocked out. I also would assume that they can be invisable if they wish.

Eugirdor
Mar 12, 2001, 05:03 PM
Could it be his name is just a [space] or does PSO not allow that? Does his level show up or is that invisible too?

Rei
Mar 12, 2001, 05:04 PM
As far as I know, blank space is considered as a string in programming. Maybe his name is just a few blank space.

f0rge
Mar 12, 2001, 05:21 PM
i've read in other forums that people who use game enhancers (ie. gameshark) to dupe items and do whatever else it does sometimes loose thier names in the lobby.

here's a quote:

So I was gonna play online w/ a buddy of mine, i called him up said 'PSO?' he said 'ok'. Make a long story short, he showed up online met me in the empty lobby and to my suprise all I saw above his head was
E L67

I hit a R trigger a time or two, ventured to another lobby real quick while he reconnected, he comes back yet again
E L67 and I thought maybe it's just me. Reconnected.

So by this time no name is standing in an empty lobby and a trip to another lobby proves to us somethings up. It's then he calls me on his phone, and says 'shit! i think maybe that gameshark dupe code did this to me!'

john_galt
Mar 12, 2001, 05:36 PM
I thought of the blank space name too.. but he had no level above his name either. There's no way to blank that out. I cycled through the different combinations (i.e. clicking 'R' a bunch) to see if it just needed to be refreshed.

The odd thing is that it's the same character, seen weeks apart, on different servers (one European), with no level, no name, and no response. And I made it clear I was addressing him.. Didn't use universal language tools or anything, probably my main mistake.

Ambrai, you're probably right about his name not being in the list either, but I figured it was worth a shot.

Tonight, I'll compose a few macros in the universal chat symbols to address him with the next time I see him.

I guess I'm the only one who's seen this character around?

Neojin
Mar 12, 2001, 05:51 PM
Dood, i told you this stuff was good and to only take one hit http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

Glider
Mar 12, 2001, 07:03 PM
That would be funny if it deleted your name. Kinda off like a "I am a convicted shop lifter," name tag.

john_galt
Mar 13, 2001, 01:50 PM
LOL.. That would be funny.

What about that guy who swears he works for Sega.. Do you know anything about this?

Mistkerl_Zwo
Mar 13, 2001, 02:15 PM
Ryiko,

you didn't pass it over here/>!?

Puff Puff give, your screwin up the rotation

Neojin
Mar 13, 2001, 02:43 PM
WHAT!! Ryiko gud gurl, she no do bad stuff Mistker http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif Neojin bad he try to give me dat LSD stuff, but I say no cus it put holes in head.

[b]Ryiko! Gurl powa and Drug Free, unlike that Neojin dood[b]