PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION beat timers: TOTAL INFO

PatserGOUKI
Jun 2, 2003, 05:16 AM
Hi,

Since someone started this topic, I worked with Dark Lumina for his faq on gamefaqs for certain beat times what rares can be found...

From the other topic, I listed only the RARE MONSTERS in beat times: I listed the ultimate monsters only...
(used from different faqs and myself)
I hope the people dont mind i read their faqs. Thanks for all the info!

Forest Hildetorr
ORAN: @111 @666
PURPLENUM: @138-140 @340-346 @665-668
GREENILL: @346 @340
REDRIA: @645 @486
SKYLY: @464
BLUEFULL: @650

Temple Hildetorr
SKYLY: @443
REDRIA: @229

Forest Pal Rappy
GREENILL: @235 @496
SKYLY: @368 @468
YELLOWBOZE: @550
ORAN: @689

Caves POUILLY SLIME
??? :@340 @380 (Appleicious)
REDRIA: @645

Caves Mil Lily:
REDRIA: @550 @552 @563 @401 @388 @585 @675
ORAN: @320
PINKAL: @313

Temple Mil lily:
REDRIA: @679
SKYLY: @545

Until now I cannot see a line in the rare monsters show up... Keep the info coming
But in this topic please only the Ultimate Rare Monsters.

PatserGOUKI

NeoPhatnutz
Jun 2, 2003, 08:04 AM
Very nice. I believe I saw your name when I read the FAQ on Gamefaqs. Very nice stuff. I'm starting to think, why make my own guide when I can help contribute to a large one already in play? One easy location to go to, where all the known data is listed. Sounds more convenient to me. Maybe that guy could send the Guide here as well.

I haven't found any new Beat times for Ultimate Rare monsters lately, but I've been working on Rare Item drops as well, so I've got some good times for that guy's Guide.

Also, I copied the times from here and further updated my thread with them as well. I hope you don't mind as well, since there are now two spots in here to catch them. Share and share alike. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Reenee
Jun 2, 2003, 08:43 AM
I'm too lazy, but can somebody figure out what 545 beats is in Pacific Standard Time?

PatserGOUKI
Jun 2, 2003, 08:47 AM
Thank you,

I have contributed a lot to his FAQ on gamefaqs, though hes not updating a lot anymore.

I also have held my personal findings in a faq of my own, Maybe i can contribute this to pso-world...
Or with some more people we can make a very large faq, i can help with the typing, np

I have a bluefull, redria, oran and pinkal chara.
I believe i have more findings of rare monsters.
Il look this weekend for my faq, then ill post it here, or a shortcut.

PatserGOUKI

NeoPhatnutz
Jun 2, 2003, 09:17 AM
I have a Purplenum & Oran as primaries, and I'll eventually work up my Yellowboze & Redria. I've been quite successful on finding Rare enemies with the Purplenum. My record stands at 18 Mil Lilys in just under 12 hours. Too bad that was a while before I started recording times.

I'll keep playing online for a while, and I'll tell who I play with the same as people here. I've been getting good bits of info from Rares dropped, and I already have a willing Yellowboze on my list who has seen my Thread. I hope to make good use out of what I can find.

Blue-Hawk
Jun 2, 2003, 08:30 PM
not true. none of it. i played a few id's at thise times and never saw the rare enemies then. ever. same for my friends.

Davion
Jun 2, 2003, 08:53 PM
On 2003-06-02 18:30, blue-hawk wrote:
not true. none of it. i played a few id's at thise times and never saw the rare enemies then. ever. same for my friends.

Well, they're still rare. Nothing's telling you that you're going to find them. It's just that you might have a better chance at those times.

Foxx-
Jun 2, 2003, 08:58 PM
On 2003-06-02 18:30, blue-hawk wrote:

It's not a guarantee that you'll see rare enemies at the times posted, or that you'll see one at all.

Also, you can't just storm through the level and hope to find an enemy if you're in the level at the time. The enemies are all spawned once you enter the level, and each time you re-enter, they respawn, possibly different. The pipehunting trick helps immensely.

This is all speculation right now, we're gathering information to look for trends, possibly figure out by what variables rare enemies are designed to appear.

I believe that the appearance chance of a rare enemy is in fact dependant upon the system clock, if not the beat time. Reason? I've done some programming before, and using the system clock is the easiest way to generate a random number as large or as small as you want. But all this does is generate a probability of occurence, it doesn't ever guarantee one.
There will be certain times that, when divided by the probability-occurence, will produce higher chances of that enemy to appear.

It's hard to explain in layman's terms, I'm afraid, but if we make the presumption that the appearance of a rare enemy or a rare item is based upon a random number generated from the system clock, then there should be patterns of occurence. If we get a large-enough sample of times for each individual creature and item, then it's quite possible we could figure out the probability of each.

Soukosa
Jun 2, 2003, 09:35 PM
I haven't really delved into the creation of random numbers, but I understand what you mean. That's a good idea you've come up with and makes me want to explore the beat time theory even more.

PatserGOUKI
Jun 3, 2003, 03:45 AM
Hi,

I have held all my items findings as i mentioned be4. Though a lot of people are interested in the beat/rare monster theory, we have to make a faq together. We have to make a bit of an appointment, so we can make a together contributed FAQ.

What do u think about this...?
Eventually u can email a list of total findings like the gamefaqs faq to my email adres: [email protected]
As I told will put my text file online for everyone to see it. (coming soon)

PatserGOUKI REDRIA lvl 153
Rogue Ver2 ORAN lvl 124
Magneto PINKAL lvl 81
Shinji BLUEFULL lvl 90

rena-ko
Jun 3, 2003, 06:32 AM
are all of these beat times confirmed to be reproducable? or just random? you'll have to have a rare monster at least twice at this beattime...

other than that, for converting beat times > standard time:

http://www.swatch.com/itime_tools/converter.php?color=black&textcolor=white

and keep in mind that pso offline takes japanese timezone when it sets the beat time from the internal clock.

good luck, some confirmations would be nice, maybe a guide on this site...

Electron
Jun 3, 2003, 08:28 AM
These are the beats for the 2 Pal rappies I piped yesterday in forest.
@419
@507

I'm Pinkal.

Reenee
Jun 3, 2003, 08:50 AM
Okay, I want to confirm something:

I always keep playing PSO at a certain time. At least from 9 PM to 10-10:15 PM.

Yesterday I saw a Mil Lily. It was in the 575-580 range of beats.

This is is at least the second time I've seen one come out around that time of night.

C'mon, now. That sighting has to prove the beat time theory wrong.

PatserGOUKI
Jun 3, 2003, 09:32 AM
Hi,

Well I did NOT say theres actually a theory, but, maybe there can be a theory, or maybe it can be more easy to find rare monsters. With everybodies help its easier possible to find out.

PatserGOUKI

tehkao
Jun 3, 2003, 06:42 PM
I don't believe in all this beat time crap..why?

Because if there's REALLY a direct connection/formula between beat times and rares, you would think that those crazy Japanese PSO fanatics would have already discovered it by now, but they haven't. So I don't think it exists.

Foxx-
Jun 3, 2003, 06:54 PM
On 2003-06-03 01:45, PatserGOUKI wrote:
Eventually u can email a list of total findings like the gamefaqs faq to my email adres: [email protected]

I can email you the spreadsheet I've been using to track the information posted here, if that's acceptable. Unfortunately, it's been for more of a personal use, and I haven't been tracking who's provided what times. :

PatserGOUKI
Jun 4, 2003, 03:14 AM
Hi,

Ofcourse you can email it to me! I will put it in another form like the one on gamefaqs. I will add al the info EVERYBODY can mail into 1 total FAQ. More info coming soon...
When the faq is online, I will put the adress here, and eventually I can email it to the ones asking 4 it.

PatserGOUKI

Foxx-
Jun 4, 2003, 01:03 PM
Email sent http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Can't wait to see all this get online somewhere. I'd offer to help more, but, knowing me, it'd take forever http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif