PDA

View Full Version : DC cheating question

walker15
Jun 3, 2003, 12:45 AM
I'm just wondering as I testing characters that I didn't play b4 offline. Does cheating makes the character weaker than what they should be?

Mystil
Jun 3, 2003, 03:57 PM
No. They will often make the player very overconfident, and end up sucking at the game, gameplay wise.

Example(GC):JUST HUmar-duped BKB users, not NORMAL HUmars. 600 per hit. Don't heal alot, jump in groups of enemies. Dying alot. The player sucks..but he thinks he's so strong and can take down a hildelt solo cause he has his magical BKB.

On the DC, no codes will make the character you use weaker.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2003-06-03 13:59 ]</font>

Orange_Coconut
Jun 3, 2003, 06:25 PM
Wasn't there something about NOLing though? Or is that different?

Guntz348
Jun 3, 2003, 07:08 PM
On 2003-06-03 16:25, Orange_Coconut wrote:
Wasn't there something about NOLing though? Or is that different?

NOLing was something a cheater would do to you. They would use a code exploit to turn your character in an NPC called NOL. This would ruin you character and turn it into a Hunewarl. It would only hold if you saved at any point after it happened(went to the shops, bank, quit game, ect.). As far as I knew the only way to safly reverse it was to shut off the DC and turn it back on. You would lose all your non-equiped items doing so, but it was better then losing your character.