PDA

View Full Version : OOPS, I used a duped weapon again!!!

GT
Mar 12, 2001, 08:57 PM
Check out this link:
http://www.cloudchaser.com/cc/sega/columns/index.cgi?id=368

Now, my question if they are basically killing off duped characters and the whole shebang, then what of us Innocents that might have some duped items from trading or whatnot. I for one have only one item in question, but for all the rest of us that may have something that might have been duped, will we get the axe as well? I hope not. Thoughts/Comments/Questions!

Socrates
Mar 12, 2001, 09:18 PM
My suggestion? Play it safe. Unless you are willing to bet your character's inventory that all your items have been traded legit back to the nth degree, scrap all one you can't vouch for, and wait for a while before trading anew. If the server codes they are talking about are correct, once they are in full-blown operation, it should only take a week or three before the entire online system has been purged sufficiently to the point where trading can be done with confidence once more.

Drastic yes, and i feel for those that fear for their legit Super Rares, but if I have to lose every item I have in an administrative foulup in order to have a clean slate once more for all, I'm all for it.

Valor
Mar 12, 2001, 10:05 PM
It looks to me they are only taking out those using the Gamesharks to dupe and such.But I would be careful and try to certify your items are real anyway.If Sega did this they would undoubtedly lose from 20% to 30% of there Online PSO users which some of which are legit players which have never cheated on any game but may just have that one duped item that gets them deleted.