PDA

View Full Version : How do you other FOmarls get around this?

Spellbinder
Jun 4, 2003, 02:53 AM
I have a couple of sabers I like to use, but when I use them, the last swing forces her to step up to the monster practically asking to get slapped down. Am I doing something wrong, or do you other FOmarls just stick to a 2 hit combo with swords?

Atax
Jun 4, 2003, 03:51 AM
Typically forces use techs, not melee weps.

Spellbinder
Jun 4, 2003, 03:54 AM
Any melee FOmarls out there have any advice?

E_THER
Jun 4, 2003, 03:55 AM
forget sabers use rainbow baton, bringers rifle, angel harp, s-rank twins or high hit% mechs

Rhete
Jun 4, 2003, 04:24 AM
On 2003-06-04 01:55, E_THER wrote:
forget sabers use rainbow baton, bringers rifle, angel harp, s-rank twins or high hit% mechs

Nice uber rare list

Some weapons that wont be as impossible to find..

Soul Eater, Grass Assassin Sabers, Double Saber, and Inferno Bazooka are pretty good melee weps, regular slicers and mechguns are good too. FOmarls have horrible attack animation for handgun and saber types sadly

saffaya
Jun 4, 2003, 05:39 AM
Some weapons that wont be as impossible to find..
Soul Eater, Grass Assassin Sabers, Double Saber, and
Inferno Bazooka are pretty good melee weps, regular slicers and mechguns are good too.

Grass Assassin : powerful but way too slow. like asking to get slapped.
Double Saber : special (steal TP) not really usable in Ulti.
Inferno Bazooka : better suited to VH than ulti.

Sabers to use : >40% hit charge pallash or gladius.

(always check the shop and you'll find one. Still waiting to find the >40% hit charge vulcans of my dreams though)

Personnaly, I use a 30% hit diska of Braveman, using simple-hard-SP attack combo. a General/battle and some Elf/arm++ to max ATA.

FOmarls are particularly suited for the diska of Braveman thanks to 1-Resta, 2-Higher HP of forces, 3-Higher DEF of Forces.

My 2 chars are whitill, so that's why I could find a 30% diska though. I don't think it's usable without the extra hit %.

Moleman
Jun 4, 2003, 05:48 AM
I haven't had too much trouble with sabers, though I am still at the normal ruins with mine. It's probably best to not complete combos, and finish with a heavy attack to knock the enemy back so you can get away.

Mystil
Jun 4, 2003, 09:09 AM
Heh, FOmarls are so lucky they even melee period. Bout the only FO that can't melee at all is a FOnewearl.

Rhete
Jun 4, 2003, 08:58 PM
On 2003-06-04 03:39, saffaya wrote:
Grass Assassin : powerful but way too slow. like asking to get slapped.

They are too slow in ult forest, but they work pretty well for me in caves

FOmarls are particularly suited for the diska of Braveman thanks to 1-Resta, 2-Higher HP of forces, 3-Higher DEF of Forces.

And here I thought it was because they have the fastest slicer animation =P

On 2003-06-04 07:09, Silhouette wrote:
Heh, FOmarls are so lucky they even melee period. Bout the only FO that can't melee at all is a FOnewearl.

*wonders why ST gave them the highest ata of the forces*

Mystil
Jun 4, 2003, 09:22 PM
Max ATP is 583. What's the point in meleeing when 400+ is no good in Ult? See what I mean?

malinko
Jun 4, 2003, 10:52 PM
I would advise sticking with high hit % Vulcans. BTW, FOmarls have the fastest shot animation of any character.

Lman90245
Jun 5, 2003, 12:16 AM
If you can, go for an s rank twin and get a special attack doing the new EAST TOWER quest then going into GALLONS SHOP preferably "spirit" because it takes tp to launch a very powerfull melee combo http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
but grinding it to max can be a little hard o.O

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lman90245 on 2003-06-04 22:18 ]</font>

saffaya
Jun 5, 2003, 02:59 AM

And here I thought it was because they have the fastest slicer animation =P

ah ? didn't know. No other slicer-using force in my vicinity to compare to.
My point was surviving the braveman SP effect that drains your life. A successful 5 hit SP attack can leave you quite weak ..