PDA

View Full Version : Hildetorrs are the purest form of evil known to man

Aurra
Jun 4, 2003, 08:48 PM
Ok, long story short: my friend found a Lavis Cannon a while back, and since I am Oran and she is a friend, I see it as my civic duty to get her a Syncesta. I have thus far piped 12 Torrs, and still nothing. So far my best find from these Torrs is a Demon's Calibur with 40 hit http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

Isn't a Syncesta only supposed to take about 10 Torrs? I don't know how much more of this piping I can take!

Edit: whoops sorry, I realize this should have probably gone in Items http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aurra on 2003-06-04 18:51 ]</font>

Aurra
Jun 5, 2003, 10:16 PM
Oh joy, now the Hildetorrs Who Have Not Given Me a Syncesta Count is up to 15. 15!!! I must have the worst luck out of anyone on PSO. Aren't amounts over 10 for Torr Syncestas generally unheard of? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

Trickstr
Jun 5, 2003, 10:30 PM
explain to me how this piping works?

Delsaber
Jun 6, 2003, 01:01 AM
I went through 30 Pal Rappies before I got my 1975 Agito and 5 Hildetorrs before I got my Frozen Shooter. Just keep on keeping on.

Aurra
Jun 6, 2003, 07:42 AM
Now it's up to 17... this is just getting stupid. It only took Celisse 20 to find the Heaven Punisher.

And piping works like this: you go offline, find a room with the enemy you want to see the rare variation of. Then you pipe back to town. Then pipe back up to the level. Every time you do this, they enemies respawn, so you have another chance at seeing the rare one.

RoninJoku
Jun 7, 2003, 12:59 AM
I think that ALL rare monsters are pure evil! They never give you what you want! Ive killed over 15 Mil lillies- no psychowand, about 15 hildertorrs on my bros bluefull-no heaven punisher, my friend killed about that many pal rappies on pinkal-no 1975 agito! Oh yeah! but of course I can accidentally run into a mil lily in the temple and get its rare (which i dont want) on my first god damn try! >_< !

RoninJoku
Jun 7, 2003, 01:01 AM
Lol! I found a Frozen shooter on my first hildertorr without even looking for it! [i]Evil hildertorrs

Mystil
Jun 7, 2003, 09:10 PM
I don't expect nothing good from rare monsters but money or some lame unit. Which is usually the case. 1600 meseta or some Resist/whatever 3 star. My first Torr dropped a Resist/Evil.

Aurra
Jun 8, 2003, 01:25 PM
Well, I have officially broken the Heaven Punisher barrier: 21 Torrs, and still no Syncesta. I don't know whether to be amazed or pissed off

Logical2u
Jun 11, 2003, 04:06 PM
On 2003-06-05 20:30, Trickstr wrote:
explain to me how this piping works?

Sure. Rare Monsters (NOT RARES) are randomly generated by an algorithim. WHen you take a telepipe the algorithim resets the room, causing the room to be 'Remade'. Sometimes the algorithim causes Rarer monsters to appear.

Aurra
Jun 11, 2003, 05:29 PM
Heh well, rare drops are generated by an algorithm too, but I know what you mean. For those not familiar with programming lingo, it basically states that 1/x times that you encounter this specific monster (let's use Rag Rappy as an example) the rare cousin (an Al Rappy in this case) will replace it. It's basically just a way to make sure that it randomly will appear, and only so frequently. Every time you pipe down to town in offline mode, all the monsters left that you didn't kill are destroyed, and newly created ones are put in their places (this is why they recover HP and the effects of any Jellen or Zalure you casted on them before piping to town dissapear when you return). Since new monsters are created, just like they would be if you entered a room for the first time, the algorithm is used to see if any rare ones will exist this time. Since you can reset the room as many times as you like by piping, it's a common way to see rare enemies faster than normal.

Edit: Oh yeah, the Torrs are just laughing at me now. I'm up to 24... joy

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aurra on 2003-06-11 15:33 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Jun 22, 2003, 01:02 AM
This thread depresses me. Ever find the Syncesta yet? I'm looking for it too... Actually, I'm looking for two of them, I'm not that fond of daggers.
...I've found exactly one 'torr so far. It dropped a Monomate. This is a disturbing sign of bad things to come. I have since not been able to find another. Then again I keep giving up when six hours worth of piping fails to yield me 'torr. Slimes and Rappies and Lillies and even the fregging Hildeblue aren't this hard to find. I'd have a better chance of finding a Love Rappy and two Mil Lillies and getting all their drops in the first room of Ult Temple, I'll bet. -_-; Damn you Hildetorrs. I can't even get crap from them because they won't show up. I -never- give up on rare nasties, ever. ;_; I always find at least one before I quit... Except Hildetorrs. I'd probably find two more Lavis Cannons from Pouilly Slimes in the time it'd take me to get one Syncesta. ...Although if I was -really- sad, I'd do just that and bump the Syncesta count I'm looking for to three so I could have a Lavis Cannon, Lavis Blades -and- a Double Cannon. But I'm apparently not that sad. Hildetorrs break my spirit worse than finding two Cross Scars in as many minutes in Ult CCA does. ;_;