PDA

View Full Version : GC: My adventures in the quest "Fake in Yellow" -or- Why bea

evildoer
Jun 5, 2003, 07:03 PM
So i decided to look for some rare guns for my RAmar because all I have is shiat(photon launcher and a burning arms). I first decided to go to the Fake In Yellow quest in hard mode to look for an Al Rappy. I did the pipe trick about 40-50 times before coming across my first Al Rappy at beat 535 which didn't drop anything. Later I tried the quest again and found another at beat 676 which dropped meseta. This morning I go through again and find the rappy at beat 98 that finally drops an Inferno Bazooka. I go to try it out in the next room and what do I see? Another Al Rappy which drops another fuggin Bazooka! This occured at beat 100.

Now, with that said, look at the different beat times. I think that if beat really mattered I wouldn't have found them at so many different beats. It is most likely just a totally random event because it took about 40-50 pipes to find each of the first 3 rappies.

Murky_Death
Jun 5, 2003, 07:40 PM
i agree with you. beat time doesn't affect the finding of rare items/monsters. it's just another way for people to get their hopes up over finding stuff. you might be better off searching the fake in yellow on very hard or ultimate-better finds. plus ultimate has pal rappy.

Foxx-
Jun 5, 2003, 09:55 PM
On 2003-06-05 17:03, evildoer wrote:
Now, with that said, look at the different beat times. I think that if beat really mattered I wouldn't have found them at so many different beats. It is most likely just a totally random event because it took about 40-50 pipes to find each of the first 3 rappies.

Ahh, but there's two points to the theory that you're missing.

First off, it's a theory still. Based upon facts about how random numbers are generated and drop percentages of the creatures.

Second off, the theory doesn't say that "this is the only time you'll ever see one". It says that it's believed to be statistically easier to find one at a certain point. It doesn't guarantee you'll see one at that specific time, nor does it guarantee you won't see one outside of the specific time.

You're, of course, free to believe what you want about the game, I'm just setting straight the misconceptions about my belief in the game http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Dgo
Jun 6, 2003, 05:21 AM
If it wasn't for the beat time theory i wouldn't have as many big gray fags as i do.(damn it i refuse to say his name until he gives me my heaven punisher)It took me a while to get to the count i was at which was ten but when neophatnuts came and told me how to find him my count went through the roof.I am now at 25 big gray fags and counting.....

By the way mad ups to neophatnuts and anyone who post their beat @time in the phatnuts post please people keep them coming!!!.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dgo on 2003-06-06 03:22 ]</font>

RoninJoku
Jun 6, 2003, 11:28 AM
I definitely am also a supporter of the beat time theory. It supports the fact that the only time I can find hildertors is around beat time 666 (well i can find them other times just almost never)
Anyway, I am also in great need of a heaven's punisher from one of those big gray fags!!!

Logical2u
Jun 6, 2003, 02:09 PM
I posted this in an earlier Beat Time Theory thread.

RARES and RARE MONSTERS are both RANDOMALGORITHIMS. you can't abuse the system because nothing you do can speed up the process. SO the beat time things is NOT real.