PDA

View Full Version : Really bad day

dude3282
Jun 5, 2003, 07:30 PM
Today was bad.
I know this will sound incredibly corny to some of you, but last night the family pet hamster died. He entered our lives on October 15, 2000, left on July 4, 2003. I planned on taking some pictures of him this weekend and putting them on my website in development. Now I guess I can't.

This morning, the whole family was sad on account of our former hamster friend. Then, my day started to look up. I went to volunteer at the local zoo, which is fun, even though I'm in the education department, which means I play with little kids instead of animals. Anyways, that was fun until it was time for me to leave, when I found out that Dad's car broke down. He wasn't too happy, and when dad isn't happy, no one's happy.

I got home and started playing on the computer. I was in my mail, I think, when I heard my little brothers arguing. I walked in and on our TV was the message that all PSO players dread - our card got corrupted. I screamed. One of my brothers claimed he left the Cube running with his character on Pioneer 2. The other claimed he found the cube off, turned it on and switched memory cards. In any case, it's corrupted now thanks to my little brothers for the second time now.
I'm pissed. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_chuck-ball.gif

Nerd
Jun 5, 2003, 10:01 PM
Sorry to hear you had a bad day. On a bittersweet note, hamsters don't live too long anyway. Nor do most other rodents... (this explains the lack of longevity pikachu and hamtaro have[will] enjoyed http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif )

was your hamster nice? mine was a mean bastard

ABDUR101
Jun 5, 2003, 10:18 PM
Losing a pet is always a blow to anyone who cared for it. You lose a little buddy, companion and friend all in one. I always took it hard when pets eventually died, but I took it exceptionally hard when my chihuahua died, after having her for 15 years since I was two. Aye.

As for your dad's car..yeah..same thing at my house. If Dad's having a bad day, everyone within earshot is going to have a bad day. It gets old, and I think it's rather immature and childish that a grown man would put everyone through so much misery over something petty.

Really sorry to hear about your characters, ugh. I say you issue a single memory card to your brothers and keep one explicitly for yourself. =

Atleast tommorow is friday, right?

*looks at the sig*
..Dear God..a blast from the past, haha.

Trickstr
Jun 5, 2003, 10:20 PM
I had a guini-pig that passed away recently, lived 6 years.

Guile
Jun 5, 2003, 10:38 PM
My hamster died on Christmas...Christmas!
RIP Snickers!!!!

Trickstr
Jun 5, 2003, 10:59 PM
Snickers what was he a chocolate bar!!!

dude3282
Jun 6, 2003, 04:52 PM
On 2003-06-05 20:18, ABDUR101 wrote:
I say you issue a single memory card to your brothers and keep one explicitly for yourself. =

First great idea I've heard in a long time.

By the way, my other pets (Leopard Geckos, assorted snakes) are expected to live at least 10 years. Not that I don't love my little hamsters. We might be getting another one. I dunno, though.

ABDUR101
Jun 6, 2003, 05:24 PM
On 2003-06-06 14:52, dude3282 wrote:
By the way, my other pets (Leopard Geckos, assorted snakes) are expected to live at least 10 years.

We used to have all sorts of lizards and snakes. Black snakes, boas, pythons, milk snakes, corn snakes, geckoes, iguanas, etc.

I always liked the pair of male and female geckos we had in the house let loose. They'd stay behind the counter in the kitchen during the day, and if you came down at night you'd see them darting across the walls and nabbing the bugs that came in when we had the screen door open.

My brother has a pair of geckos at the moment that laid eggs, so have to see how that goes.

Not that I don't love my little hamsters. We might be getting another one. I dunno, though.

I've been wanting a ferret or two, perfect little companions for my well mannered black lab, but there's just too much that ferrets could get into in the house, so I'll have to save that thought. ,_,

Goodluck though, hopefully it all works out, yeah?

MasterJoel
Jun 6, 2003, 08:14 PM
ferrets are great, but mine try to eat the cat and the dog. make sure they become friends early! oh yeah, and ferret-proofing is very hard to do... be thorough when you get at least two! blah.

Ness
Jun 7, 2003, 08:53 AM
On 2003-06-05 17:30, dude3282 wrote:
Today was bad.
I know this will sound incredibly corny to some of you, but last night the family pet hamster died. He entered our lives on October 15, 2000, left on July 4, 2003. I planned on taking some pictures of him this weekend and putting them on my website in development. Now I guess I can't.
[quote]

You mean June 4th right? Anyways, that is still very sad.

[quote]This morning, the whole family was sad on account of our former hamster friend. Then, my day started to look up. I went to volunteer at the local zoo, which is fun, even though I'm in the education department, which means I play with little kids instead of animals. Anyways, that was fun until it was time for me to leave, when I found out that Dad's car broke down. He wasn't too happy, and when dad isn't happy, no one's happy.

Why? Does your dad beat all of you guys until you are unhappy too?

I got home and started playing on the computer. I was in my mail, I think, when I heard my little brothers arguing. I walked in and on our TV was the message that all PSO players dread - our card got corrupted. I screamed. One of my brothers claimed he left the Cube running with his character on Pioneer 2. The other claimed he found the cube off, turned it on and switched memory cards. In any case, it's corrupted now thanks to my little brothers for the second time now.
I'm pissed. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_chuck-ball.gif

This is why I switched to Xbox PSO.