PDA

View Full Version : Rumors about Challenge Mode

Omni-SqwirL
Jun 6, 2003, 02:05 AM
I keep hearing all these rumors about Challenge Mode and crap. I was wondering if this particular one is true:

"If you complete all stages, you get to use materials again if you are maxed out"

I'm confused by this one, but if it's true, I really would love for someone to confirm it. Thank you

Trickstr
Jun 6, 2003, 02:07 AM
It's almost definatly not when your stats are maxed they are permenantly maxed

Omni-SqwirL
Jun 6, 2003, 02:16 AM
Oh crap, I gotta clear up my post. I meant that if you are maxed on materials and such, and you complete it, you get another target amount of materials to use (whichever amount your class can use). Sorry for not making it all that clear.

geewj
Jun 6, 2003, 02:21 AM
I remeber something about that, but it was a glitch i thought. Some people said they lost a bunch of thier materials they had previously used, others said they were able to use more without loosing thier old ones. I'm not sure about either tho.

LollipopLolita
Jun 6, 2003, 02:38 AM
there was a glitch where if you completed c9 sometimes, SOMETIMES, all your mats are resetted, and other times techs over level 15 would be resetted back to 15. but it was just a bug that happened sometimes.

Duder_Cooter
Jun 6, 2003, 05:43 AM
happening sometimes still sucks....

LollipopLolita
Jun 6, 2003, 06:11 AM
just make a fresh character purely for cmode to avoid the problem

Primrose
Jun 6, 2003, 07:26 AM
yes, now that you guys mention it,
i was wondering if these glitches still exist, werent they fixed by Sonic Team?
As i would like to take all my main characters through challenge mode to get a BU-EI title, and of course, a S-Rank weapon. can anybody give me more specific information about this?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Primrose on 2003-07-31 15:56 ]</font>

VulpesMundi
Jun 6, 2003, 07:07 PM
As far as I know all the C-mode bugs have been fixed. I tried out leveled, material filled, and high spell characters in many situations and nothing was lost nor could I use extra materials. Still, the bugs were so random that I could have just gotten lucky. Anyway, whenever you clear c9 or any stage after clearing c9 and return to the lobby check your character's stats and techniques. If anything has changed just turn off the console to keep it from being saved (you'll lose your time, too). The game doesn't save when you return to the lobby, which is why an exit FSoD or lobby FSoD will kill a time as well. Once you've cleared a stage you should always either quit and save or make/enter a team so the game saves your progress.

Primrose
Jun 7, 2003, 05:35 AM
yes indeed,
i never thought of reseting the console as a possibility to avoid a bug, only as one to chose another S-Rank Weapon from.
nice idea, and good info. thank you VulpesMundi.

PSO_Komodo
Jun 7, 2003, 01:35 PM
I saw people online talking about how they used over the their limit of materials due a that bug, but they also said they were lucky to do it while they could because its now fixed.