PDA

View Full Version : Resta enhancing items

Atus
Jun 6, 2003, 09:38 AM
Right now I am trying to make my FOmarl into the ultimate support force. She already has a boost to Resta, and last night I finally made my Resta Merge. Of course, I had to deal with the fact that she is level 29 and that a Resta Merge is a level 11 barrier. So I was wondering what sorts of other gear is out there that helps Resta. I know Marina's Bag does, but I am not online. And while I am at it, I should ask...
When or if I get online, is Resta as appreciated as S&D? Because I will probably make an Assist Merge or whatever. Thanks to any help.

Primrose
Jun 6, 2003, 11:34 AM
sure,
any type of support technique is welcome online. but i wouldnt say its more appreciated, but i do think that resta range enhancing items are better than deband/shifta range enhancing items, just because resta sometimes needs an immediate casting in the heat of battle to save lifes. whereas shifta and deband dont need immediate casting.
sure, its nice to have everyone strengthened with shifta and deband, but then you dont really depend on range, you can just cast it from time to time.
id say stick with your resta merge.
Madam's Parasol, pretty much like Marinas Bag, boosts the effective range of resta and anti, and in my opinion its also quite important to have a good range with anti, like resta, it might need an immediate casting to avoid deaths that happen, like when an ally is frozen or confused, etc...
but if youre interested, Madam's Umbrella and Striker of Chao both boost the effective range of shifta and deband.
why not check the item database to see where to find these?
note that Striker of Chao is a created item and needs to be created from a Branch of Pakupaku.
hope that helps.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Primrose on 2003-07-31 15:58 ]</font>

Atus
Jun 6, 2003, 01:40 PM
Danke?
Sprechst du Duetche in Schweiz"land"?
(I am sorry, I am not yet a master of German...)

LollipopLolita
Jun 6, 2003, 01:55 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=472

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=301

Primrose
Jun 7, 2003, 05:18 AM
lol,
yes i do speak german, i even speak french, but were getting a little off topic here...
yes, you can also check these guides that LollipopLolita just posted. but if you want to check other items than the support technique range boosting items, then i may add that this guide is not 100% correct.
Fire Scepter: Agni, Storm Wand: Indra, and Ice Staff: Dagon boost all techniques that are foie, barta, or zonde related. meaning, that instead of only boosting foie, the Fire Scepter: Agni also boosts gifoie and rafoie by 20%
as well as Ice Staff: Dagon, it boosts barta, gibarta, and rabarta. the guide shows that only Storm Wand: Indra boosts all zonde related techniques, which is not the only weapon, thought id correct this.
Hildeblue's Cane does not boost Gibarta at all, it boosts Barta, by 30%.
i dont know what these technique bonuses on Cane Series, and Wand Series mean. LollipopLolita, can you explain this to me? does this mean that if i equip a cane series weapon, meaning, either a cane, a stick, a mace or a club, than all simple techniques (zonde, foie and barta) will get a 40% boost?
that wouldnt make any sense, since it would be better than a Summit Moon.
oh well, so far i cant confirm this one, but the other little mistakes i can, as i own these items.
im not sure about this one, but i also think that The Sigh Of A God gives a zonde related boost, just like Storm Wand: indra, with the difference that it boosts by 30%. but i dont own this item, so i cant confirm.

Edit: The guide has been updated and seems to be correct now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Primrose on 2003-07-31 16:00 ]</font>