PDA

View Full Version : SITE IS TOO SLOW

Droid2
Jun 6, 2003, 02:47 PM
EVEN WITH DSL IT TAKE 5 MINUTES TO OPEN A FORUM,, CLEAN IT UP GUYS.

pixelate
Jun 6, 2003, 02:53 PM
Nothing we can do about it; it's up to Gamespy to pick up the pace. But with a high average of people on the site, be glad they provide all this for free.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pixelate on 2003-06-06 12:55 ]</font>

eRUPT
Jun 6, 2003, 02:56 PM
You might want to check out your DSL as well as your caps lock. When the site is up it runs really quite fast given the amount of content and users we have. The only problem we have is overloading the server and being cut off by gamespy for a bit, but a solution is being worked on ATM for that problem.

So uhm run some speed checks on your DSL perhaps.

LollipopLolita
Jun 6, 2003, 02:58 PM
my dsl or cable never takes 5 mins to open up any page on the site even with the full feature. unless it's when gamespy shuts us down which is entirely a different matter.

Droid
Jun 9, 2003, 11:11 AM
Sorry caps were a work thing problem... But anyway,, Nope I serf and download all over the place with no problems. I get here and I get problems. Hell I even replied to this thread last week, but due too problems it never got posted.

malinko
Jun 9, 2003, 02:37 PM
Hmm, my DSL connection (PPPoE if it matters) approx. 3-7 seconds to fully load the site with all the images. Although the site is cached (for me), it shouldn't take 5 minutes to load even for 56k users. Maybe something's wrong?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: malinko on 2003-06-09 12:38 ]</font>

LollipopLolita
Jun 9, 2003, 02:40 PM
the site is loading okay for everyone else. maybe try turning of sigs.

Kid_Icarus
Jun 9, 2003, 05:19 PM
On 2003-06-06 12:56, eRUPT wrote:
You might want to check out your DSL as well as your caps lock.

Wahahah owned...

Anything takes forever for me (Not really) on here, just because I'm on dialup. It took me an hour to load a normal sized flash one time >_>

Can you spare some bandwidth for a brother?

Delsaber
Jun 11, 2003, 10:51 AM
I am on 56k, it takes about 20 seconds or less to load the front page. My dial-up service blows and it still loads fairly quick. Only problem I have with the site is replying to stuff and it not being able to connect with the MySql database and errors like that.

Benoit
Jun 15, 2003, 02:52 PM
Sometimes it takes foreeeeever to load a topic. I need at least 3 minutes to load a topic 50% of the time. Sometimes it will just load fast, but 50% of the time it will take ages. It's REALLY ANNOYING AND FRUSTRATING!

Allow me to vent:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAA
*breathes*
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Mizu
Jun 21, 2003, 12:25 AM
This site need higher bandwith. It takes a whole minute for a page to load, meanwhile I could get the whole movie of Inuyasha downloaded in a 15 minutes (1 GB and 67MB).

LollipopLolita
Jun 21, 2003, 12:30 AM
well is it still slow for you right now or is it faster

ScriptorMarkIV
Jun 21, 2003, 02:10 AM
Good that you guys got your own server.
I didn't know you were sharing space with anyone. o_o

Good luck in the future.

LollipopLolita
Jun 21, 2003, 02:25 AM
hey mister, log out of your bunk account...

ScriptorMarkIV
Jun 21, 2003, 02:37 AM
I just wanted to say that because I couldn't remeber the other pass offhand.

See ya.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ScriptorMarkIV on 2003-06-21 00:41 ]</font>

Benoit
Jun 21, 2003, 06:23 AM
Congratulations on your new server!
I'm sure many people are happy now and thanking you,
including me. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Thank you, PSO World!

Mizu
Jun 21, 2003, 09:54 AM
Now it takes less than a second to load a page! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Joe-Azlin
Jun 21, 2003, 10:24 PM
The site is fast as crap dude. It only lags when my internet goes dead or the gamespy network goes LD, but now where on a different sever so no problems. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif