PDA

View Full Version : This is probably an old gripe but....

BoostedStealth
Mar 13, 2001, 02:58 AM
Ok. Let's say you start a new character and play a few hours, get through the forest, beat the dragon, blah blah.... save your game, turn off your DC. You come back the next day, load up and hit the caves... everything's cool.

Now, let's say you do the same thing, except with a friend online. Finish the forest, save and quit. Next day, reload and... HEY no caves?!? How come progress made online is not saved? Or am I missing something... It would be a lot more fun to play with a friend if you didn't have to go back and repeat every stage offline to make any progress.

Any thoughts here? Is there something I don't know about to make it record your progress? Is SEGA planning on fixing this for PSO2?

Spy
Mar 13, 2001, 03:22 AM
I like it, myself, as I play offline quite a bit. It's kind of a reward, to go online create a game, and be able to hit the ruins right off since you allready tackled them yourself, whereas online, a little puny 5 force could just leech their way to beating the game, which wouldn't be cool

Lord_Ariakas
Mar 13, 2001, 03:22 AM
Online progress is not saved, you have to play offline. I dunno why...probably to force you to be at a certain level before you hit a certain area. If you progressed thru the game online with the help of 3 friends you could probably reach Dark Falz when your character was only level 15. Hopefully with PSO2 online progress will be saved.

BoostedStealth
Mar 13, 2001, 03:35 AM
That's a good point, about the character levels. But in my case, my friends and I want to have a group of characters where we only play together online. The way things are right now, we are forced to play offline in order to progress the game... either that or do it all in one sitting. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

I also play my main character offline quite a bit. But, for the special case with my friends, the fact that online progress is not recorded is a huge pain in the butt.

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: BoostedStealth on 2001-03-13 00:37 ]</font>

VampireLR
Mar 13, 2001, 04:14 AM
Actually I can access all levels on any Mode. Online stages are only available if the creator of the game have beaten those levels offline.

Lucidservant
Mar 13, 2001, 05:49 AM
I think that would make it too easy. I have 2 level 40+ characters that I have worked up mostly offline. I really like the challenge. Just opinionhttp://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Celowin
Mar 13, 2001, 12:28 PM
I think the reason online progress isn't saved is so that you can't "skip" levels.

Consider a player going online, who has never beaten forest. He joins a game where they are playing in caves, and they go all the way and beat De Rol Le. How should they handle this? The character has never beaten the dragon, so caves should not be open. But they've beaten De Rol Le, so mines *should* be open. The fairest thing is to restrict it to what the player has personally done, offline.

Besides, online, it is far too easy to open up the ruins. I like it that players are forced to go back through all the areas to get to the final zone.